Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
like really read that you said a "bunch of dumbarse D1 meta reads" when none of them were meta reads. Do you even read the things you post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Stop being a stupid idiot.

:ironicat:

Roll out the "Inf isn't it really late there?" dismissal of my arguements, I always enjoy that one.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

:ironicat:

Roll out the "Inf isn't it really late there?" dismissal of my arguements, I always enjoy that one.

I have never once used that argument on you, I don't know why i would start now.

Also, I don;t think you know what ironicat means.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still like the Chores and AN votes and am fine with either.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CapitalistPig posted:

gently caress, do i really have only 5 posts? UGH

I would also vote anon for the reason of her saying asiina was lurking when really there wasn't even a chance for asiina to have done anything much because this game hasn't even been open for 24 hours yet.

This game is by repute on 24 hour deadlines, so if we're judging on that metric nobody will ever get a chance to get things done.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

I still like the Chores and AN votes and am fine with either.

AN is actually my real non joke day 1 read so far and I am planning on voting her when she actually decides to respond to why she would say asiina is lurking when she hasn't really even had a chance to lurk yet.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
CPig is right, that was a garbage vote by Inf.

CPig can you tell me a recent game where you were town pls tia ilu

I have a theory.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

AN is actually my real non joke day 1 read so far and I am planning on voting her when she actually decides to respond to why she would say asiina is lurking when she hasn't really even had a chance to lurk yet.

Yeah, I'm all for meta reads, but that one was nonsense.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jedit posted:

This game is by repute on 24 hour deadlines, so if we're judging on that metric nobody will ever get a chance to get things done.

I am judging by the metric that AN says asiina is lurking when asiina has not been lurking.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Chores is either:

A) for serious a serial killer
B) a legit jester
C) gonna claim cop
....1)and then unclaim it
...........a)and then reclaim it
.................1)because he's bulletproof or something

in conclusion: dammit chores why you gotta be a dick just play the goddamn game like a normal loving person

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also Cpig stealing my case and also I thought he was in board with my skeleton vote but it turns out he was mocking me makes me sad.

Two times sad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
lol my phone autocorrected sk to skeleton, which is adorable and making me giggle.

I need to get out of bed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Like, why don't you fake a lie detect on someone and get them to accidentally post their role PM or something else completely normal?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

Excluding ongoing games I have actually not been town in my last like 5 or 6 games its really been dumb and actually been a breath of fresh air to not be scum in this game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
I am always down for a Cpig vote but that's mostly because I don't like Cpig.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Also Cpig stealing my case and also I thought he was in board with my skeleton vote but it turns out he was mocking me makes me sad.

Two times sad.

I did not "steal" your case, I literally quoted it in the post before i agreed with it, but your always vote people who claim scum or sk is really really dumb.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I know which is why I was hoping you could point one out so I wouldn't have to go digging myself.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Truth Quark posted:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

I've been scum with CPig and my meta is that he's less posty.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Again, I didn't say anything about lurking. I said asiina won't put effort into the game as scum. Her single post saying she was voting chores and not moving off it IS low effort.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Truth Quark posted:

Yes my arch nemesis Truth Quark who I has wronged and slighted on numerous occasions! (sarcasm because what the gently caress did I ever do to you random internet dude I never really talk to #104)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I did not "steal" your case, I literally quoted it in the post before i agreed with it, but your always vote people who claim scum or sk is really really dumb.

Nah cause when it turns out that they were telling the truth they are going to be smug about it forever and I refuse to let that happen.

I will save us from that terrible future.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Again, I didn't say anything about lurking. I said asiina won't put effort into the game as scum. Her single post saying she was voting chores and not moving off it IS low effort.

She can put plenty of effort in without moving her vote.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

This I can actually see.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I've been scum with CPig and my meta is that he's less posty.

I have a different theory but I need to prove it and I'm lazy af

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Nah cause when it turns out that they were telling the truth they are going to be smug about it forever and I refuse to let that happen.

I will save us from that terrible future.

Asiina, stopping smug braggarts since 2016.

But I agree. We shouldn't let people get away with scum claiming.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also seeing as how we are giving our Hot Takes on CPig I will say that I like CPig. He's a cool dude.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Also seeing as how we are giving our Hot Takes on CPig I will say that I like CPig. He's a cool dude.

look at this scum buddying ;)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Asiina, stopping smug braggarts since 2016.

But I agree. We shouldn't let people get away with scum claiming.

I mean not to bring us down, but spoilers we already are in that terrible future.

So, y'know, :smith:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I stopped policy voting for Pig a few games back because it was turning into a boring feud that got one or both of us lynched in the first three days regardless of alignment.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I have a different theory but I need to prove it and I'm lazy af

If chores were actually a serial killer he would be all secretive and quiet and shitposty, not all "I am a serial killer" and disappeary.

I've never been a serial killer, but I'm pretty sure chores would have more fun with it than that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh look. Actual discussion.

You're welcome.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If chores were actually a serial killer he would be all secretive and quiet and shitposty, not all "I am a serial killer" and disappeary.

I've never been a serial killer, but I'm pretty sure chores would have more fun with it than that.

So he's not a serial killer because he's not acting like you would act as a serial killer, instead acting in a different way that you think he would act in if he were a serial killer? Welp, I'm sold.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jedit posted:

So he's not a serial killer because he's not acting like you would act as a serial killer, instead acting in a different way that you think he would act in if he were a serial killer? Welp, I'm sold.

He could be a serial killer, he's just playing as if he's a jester or something. Like, here's another perspective.

Chores walks into a bar wearing a sign on his chest that says, "Shoot me or I will kill you."

Everyone discusses it and agrees that it's a good idea, and they shoot Chores.

Chores, having strapped himself with explosives, explodes taking one of the shooters with him, dying a victorious martyr.

Y'all can lynch him if you want, but I'm not touching that vote with a 10-foot pole.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You think Chores wouldn't "have fun" with a jester role?

Like, taking your same argument, I don't see him playing a Jester/cuddlebomb like this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to say what everyone should say whenever someone dares to say Jester.

Say it with me now: if there's a Jester in this game then we still win because it's not a game worth playing.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
For what it's worth, anecdotally, I've been in 2 games now where someone has explicitly scumclaimed. In the other one, sure enough, dude flipped scum.

p edit: Jester wincon is not typically exclusive with a town wincon. We lynch a jester, the only thing that happens is that they win, not that we lose.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Traditional Jester is that it ends the game.

That said not only have I never seen that but outside of a CYOR I think maybe I have seen one Jester, but even that might have been CYOR too.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's not a real consideration and people need to stop saying it like it happens all the time.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
W/r/t looking for other scum, I'm not sure on Anarc, because laying down a vote and then nine posts about chiptunes is something that I probably would have jumped on too if I were awake last night, but AA's +1 seemed more low-effort and suspicious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

Traditional Jester is that it ends the game.

That said not only have I never seen that but outside of a CYOR I think maybe I have seen one Jester, but even that might have been CYOR too.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's not a real consideration and people need to stop saying it like it happens all the time.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever actually read a game where the role plays that way either and frankly the possibility didn't even cross my mind.

• Locked thread