Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Recently I decided to play thru all the classic REs. Well actually I just finally got around to playing REmake and when it was some of the most epicest poo poo ever decided to play the rest. I completed REmake on Jill Easy Mode on accident cause the difficulties aren't named easy normal etc.. and I thought the middle one was normal oops. I also just beat RE2 via emulator and completed Leon A / Claire B Normal

And now I'm playing Resident Evil 3 which is way more stressful than the other ones for some reason and I have to pause it and take a breather sometimes. but the ammo creation mechanic and nemesis are awesome and one time Nemesis busted through a window and I wasn't expecting it and I yelped and bout fell out of my drat chair. Hell I think I'm gonna play some right now. These games are ftw let's talk about some resident evil folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

RE4 is the perfect video game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love resident evil and can't wait to play 7

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

There's something special about classic RE that makes it tough to decide which I like better. I'm kind of sad that the last time real survival horror RE appeared was on the Gamecube.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

frank.club posted:

I love resident evil and can't wait to play 7

Item Boxes being back got me more excited than anything else as dumb as that sounds.

They've been gone so long it's the real closest showing that they really intend to make an old style RE game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My favorite RE is RE3.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

There's something special about classic RE that makes it tough to decide which I like better. I'm kind of sad that the last time real survival horror RE appeared was on the Gamecube.

Even though I've loved RE4 for years and have insane nostalgia about it and I beat it a million times REmake is probably my favorite of the two. I love the classic RE style so much it's depressing to think there probably wont be anything like it ever again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

My favorite RE is RE3.

its really good so far and I just got the Bronze Book to place by the water shooting statues which I forget where they are so I'm running around blasting zombies having a good time until i find the statues

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

isnt re7 going full survival horror like a cardboard cutout of what silent hills was gonna be

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Found the statues.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

Even though I've loved RE4 for years and have insane nostalgia about it and I beat it a million times REmake is probably my favorite of the two. I love the classic RE style so much it's depressing to think there probably wont be anything like it ever again

I have good news friend. REmake 2 is going to be premiered sometime in january

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

isnt re7 going full survival horror like a cardboard cutout of what silent hills was gonna be

maybe. i think the appeal of silent hills was more to do with the people involved in it though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i never got past the first qte because the pc version was showing the wrong buttons to how they corresponded on my controller making it impossible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i never got past the first qte because the pc version was showing the wrong buttons to how they corresponded on my controller making it impossible

the hdmake is best with kbm. idk how people could play it with gamecube/ps2 tank controls

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

I dunno, there were ghosts in the demo but the teasers for the main game have all been tangible Texas chainsaw dudes. There was a recent clip showing something that looked like a regenerator but really charred so we'll see.

E: https://youtu.be/1_48PMybLnA here's all the short clips not including the trailer

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also have you see the prototype RE4 rediscover?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Also have you see the prototype RE4 rediscover?

You mean like the prerelease gameplay stuff they showed that was more like the old school ones? if so yes and i wish that was a real game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

You mean like the prerelease gameplay stuff they showed that was more like the old school ones? if so yes and i wish that was a real game

Uh it's really different. Let me find the vid

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://youtu.be/GS72uoJKyzA

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this is sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this looks cool but RE4 is up there with metroid prime 1 and dkc2 for me so im glad they went the direction they went in

im not glad about RE5 and 6 which totally misunderstood what made 4 great

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I wonder where we'd be now if they went with that original deisgn

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish we got that version as well as regular 4. Also 1.5 as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't get past the first Licker in RE2.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Saw the RE0 remaster on Steam but I never played the original. Is it any good?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cannonballoon posted:

I just played through it for the first time and I think that it's great. There are a few low points, particularly one of the bosses halfway through the game but I was playing on hard mode. Would definitely recommend if you like REmake.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cannonballoon posted:

It's a supremely cool game that's pretty difficult but does really interesting stuff with two characters you control simultaneously.

The decision to cut item boxes means inventory management gets really messy though.

Also is the best looking resident evil game currently because they still had the original files for the environments so they were able to render them at a super high resolution for the new release.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah RE0 looks incredible. Bring back pre-rendered environments in games.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Nice, I will check it out. RE is great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah RE0 looks incredible. Bring back pre-rendered environments in games.

I'm so sad that pre-rendered fixed angle games died after the PS1

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

resident evil owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dN5z_hdI-8

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

i started playing RE4 again on professional mode yesterday. the best. but after that i'm gonna play re2 because i've never gotten very far in it before.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

RE was the first game I ever bought for my playstation, back when the games still came in those tall black plastic cases. Gaming memories...

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

'Eyy youuuuuu guuuuuuyyys! Ha Ha

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

This reminds me of Eternal Darkness. A remake of that game would be sick, it's too bad Silicon Knights turned to poo poo after that game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chill Penguin posted:

This reminds me of Eternal Darkness. A remake of that game would be sick, it's too bad Silicon Knights turned to poo poo after that game.

They were always poo poo. Nintendo had to hold their hand entirely through dev time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

They were always poo poo. Nintendo had to hold their hand entirely through dev time

Legacy of kain was pretty good

• Locked thread