Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CapitalistPig posted:

Can confirm this, I used my shine scrounging role to get a shine power that had previously flipped and automatically get one shine to use it with, like I claimed back on day 1, I am a shine back up and my flavor is a homeless guy who scrapes and scrounges for whatever he can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjHUEDJ8h7U

CapitalistPig posted:

hey guess what, I can claim shine powers from any previous day!

I didn't necessarily take the busdrive.

CapitalistPig posted:

and since now its totally out in the open since my busdrive probably will now never have a chance to actually get used successfully.

I have a second shot of scrounge so i can grab another shot of a shine power if it strikes my fancy.

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok so I just reread my actual flavor in my pm and it literally says I am robbing graves to get my shine powers.

It says something about being a good guy and feeling bad about it but I gotta get a taste of dat shine.

So the fact that someone is claiming actual graverobbing that is called ##graverob and not rationalizing it by calling it ##scrounge is very suspicious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yes those are all things I said that are true.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So it sounds like pig can pickup a role from the previous day and gets 1shine to go with it?

Or is it a one shot? How many can you keep at once pig?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why are you making poo poo up to prevent a probable scum lynch that will fulfill your claimed wincon?

please read the thread full of the poo poo I have stated:

- I currently believe that AS is scum
- I did not previously suspect AS
- Cpig claims he can repeatedly use his 1shot busdrive
- if AS flips town, it was probably Cpig

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

AA can't have redirected. He handed out shine.

that clears AA then, thanks

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Moatillata posted:

So it sounds like pig can pickup a role from the previous day and gets 1shine to go with it?

I am technically now a bus driver/bulletproof.

I got one shine to use my ability as I picked it up.

I used the busdrive as I stated already and I used my bulletproof so I am now no longer able to use an ability unless I am given shine.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

thanks buddy. Also, cpig and taste seem to have mirrored roles, correct? Taste said specifically that his roles were all one shot.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

this is a stickup posted:

thanks buddy. Also, cpig and taste seem to have mirrored roles, correct? Taste said specifically that his roles were all one shot.

The way pod explained it to me was that I became whatever that role was and if I got more shine I could use any of the abilities I picked up.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
wait, your bulletproof was used ie someone tries to kill you? or am I parsing that wrong

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CapitalistPig posted:

I am technically now a bus driver/bulletproof.

I got one shine to use my ability as I picked it up.

I used the busdrive as I stated already and I used my bulletproof so I am now no longer able to use an ability unless I am given shine.

Ok thanks for clarifying. You can only have a max of 2? Or could you pick as many as you want?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Moatillata posted:

Ok thanks for clarifying. You can only have a max of 2? Or could you pick as many as you want?

2 shots of the scrounge

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CapitalistPig posted:

2 shots of the scrounge

Ah gotcha

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ooo wee things are heating up in here.

Stick > Pig > Soda

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Calc final tonight. Sorry for limited availability

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 9 :beerpal:

Jonathan Fisk (5): King Burgundy, Atomic Soda, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed, Jonathan Fisk
Atomic Soda (1): Moatillata

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, this is a stickup :rubshands:

With 9 people still alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is November 17th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 hours, 15 minutes.

ON NOTICE: Atomic Soda, CapitalistPig, The Lord of Hats
FREELY LYNCHABLE: Jonathan Fisk

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Another one of the quiet ones was the first to go, with the crowd bloodthirsty after such an uneventful night.

quote:

It's always so interesting how nobody ever says a peep when you show up to funerals for people that you never knew. Everyone always assumes that someone else knows who you are - even if they'd be wrong. You've comforted weeping widows, cheered up sniffly children, and at least distracted grieving widowers (you can't help but wear flashy outfits to funerals) more times than you can remember. It's almost like a game to you.

But every game has a goal - and a winner. For you, it's all about getting close to whoever's lying in state. You see, New Orleans has a strange tradition. You have no clue how it all began, but when someone dies they get sent off with a flask of good strong drink for the afterlife. These days, when a Shiner dies... well, obviously they'll get sent off with a belt of Shine for the road. And as far as you're concerned, they're not going to use it anytime soon. So why waste it, when you can put it to perfectly good use?

:rip: Jonathan Fisk, aka Nicola Espino, New Orleans-Aligned 2-Shot Shine Scrounger, was lynched on Day 9! :rip:

Day 9 continues.

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 9 :beerpal:

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Moatillata, The Lord of Hats, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed :rubshands:

With 8 people still alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is November 17th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 hours, 10 minutes.

ON NOTICE: Atomic Soda, CapitalistPig, The Lord of Hats
FREELY LYNCHABLE: Jonathan Fisk

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
kb i'm not sure i'm explaining this properly, here goes again:

- you knew you had a scum result on me yes?

- yet you chose to keep this from the thread until taste had been lynched.

- taste could have been lynched after you revealed your result, freely still, so this is not an excuse.

- but you still decided that you would hold the information you had back from the thread until you'd had your way with taste

- taste was posting, so it is absolutely possible he'd have something to say about your read.

- he was lynched quickly, despite you having results, and you now are calling another town player scum.

if not for izzhov and your excellent attacks on jimmyhats , i would see this a p scummy. as it is i do not think it was the right move for the town team. does this make sense? i'd be interested in your reasons for not sharing your results with the thread earlier?

i'm assuming i'll likely be the lynch today (understandable). i recommend pig or stickup as the lynch at this stage, i'm not sure how else kb got the results he did.

unless moat is lying

as i pointed out yesterday, i was one of the players earlier who switched the lynch from inf to jimmy hats and ensured his lynch over inf. why would i do this if i was scum on jimmys team? kb, you should remember this as you were the one pushing jimmy.

pig has been consistently scummy throughout this game, only glowkus cop of him has cleared him so far. stickup is confessed non town, and a re director.

i'm torn on the vote - stickup still seems more genuine to me, i've not played with him before so reading him is hard. but he is not town. cpig has been under the radar during this game until now, he seems to be being nicer than he usually is in his scum games i've read (could be a strat in a game this big).

for now ##vote stickup

fyi, i'm still at work and have meetings from 20 mins from now for the next 4 hours, with a few breaks. i will try and post more this evening when i get home if i am not lynched by then.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Atomic Soda posted:

thankyou inf

i do not have a lie detector you silly billies everyone else gets to pull their gambit dammit but not atomic soda nooo

*sulks*

uh kb tobbs and somber were both wondering about infs role and i don't think its confirmed either (though i'm more convinced after his post). why did you think jimmy was the better target?

##vote somber

Atomic Soda posted:

a few of these don't make sense, including mine sadly ##unvote

i'm hesitant to vote jimmy hats bc if we do have a voodoo mafia team his power could be very helpful.

kb do you agree?

his posting and what he's not saying is p suss tho.

inf seems to be flailing a little, but to me it seems more likely to be frustrated town and i'm hesitant to lynch him because of it though i suspect it will be him or jimmy.

inf why are you not voting jimmy?

jimmy hats is there a reason your voting for kash besides your voodoo list? why lynch him today when iz hasn't flipped, and when he's claimed what could be a very useful role? i think we could learn a bit from his trip report plus any other observers.

pedit hello stickup good luck...

Yes, you jumped on the lynch (9th vote) but weren't too happy about it. You threw shade on Infinitum and I think you were on the JHats lynch for town cred, which you're trying to cash in now.

Nope.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I've asked the same question several times now and you still haven't answered it.

I've said I'm willing to go down the road of this other conversation you keep trying to instigate, but I'm looking to understand your position on my question first.

I'm not really sure how to re-ask it at this point. I'm not sure how else to say it.

I'm hopeful once you get off work and can read my posts again you'll get what I'm asking.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##vote Atomic Soda

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

King Burgundy posted:

I've asked the same question several times now and you still haven't answered it.

I've said I'm willing to go down the road of this other conversation you keep trying to instigate, but I'm looking to understand your position on my question first.

I'm not really sure how to re-ask it at this point. I'm not sure how else to say it.

I'm hopeful once you get off work and can read my posts again you'll get what I'm asking.

the only question from you seems to be about math, which is irellevant as taste is freely lynchable before or after you reveal your information - was there another question? sry except for lunch most of my posting is done hiding in loo stalls while at work : )

tobbs it would have been super easy for me to vote inf instead, why didn't i do that do you reckon?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
my issue with your position kb i outlined above

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Atomic Soda posted:

the only question from you seems to be about math, which is irellevant as taste is freely lynchable before or after you reveal your information - was there another question? sry except for lunch most of my posting is done hiding in loo stalls while at work : )

tobbs it would have been super easy for me to vote inf instead, why didn't i do that do you reckon?

I'm asking a mafia strategy question.

If you aren't willing to engage with that, then I guess I'm done.

I'm really not sure why you are so scared to talk about this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Just made my Calc test my scullion, now on to the matter at hand.

Soda vs Stick...

On the one hand, KB, essentially confirmed town cop has a result on Soda.

On the other, the possibility KB being redirected does exist.

Claimed redirector pig, claims to have bodyguarded.

Stick claims to have no shine remaining.

So either Soda is a liar. Stick is a liar or pig is a liar. However, pig has been cleared? correct me if I'm wrong. So Stick is a lying redirector or Soda is caught scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Actually, I thought of another way to do this, AS.

I don't understand why I have to do this, but let me make it far more clear.

You are in a mafia game. There are 10 players in this game. The rules of the game allow you to vote out one of the players without ending the day, we'll call this player Gizmo. The reason you are allowed to vote out this player is they haven't posted for two full game days. You aren't sure of their alignment. From a strategy perspective as town, do you think it is the right move to use the free vote out to remove Gizmo?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Just made my Calc test my scullion, now on to the matter at hand.

Soda vs Stick...

On the one hand, KB, essentially confirmed town cop has a result on Soda.

On the other, the possibility KB being redirected does exist.

Stick claims to have no shine remaining.

So either Soda is a liar. Stick is a liar or pig is a liar. However, pig has been cleared? correct me if I'm wrong. So Stick is a lying redirector or Soda is caught scum.

Yeah, I've been thinking of a way Pig could still be lying and it's a stretch. And it still wouldn't account for all the actions(zimbo's missing shine/etc).

Occam's razor says AS is scum or Stick is lying.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote atomic soda

I'm either going to be finally confirmed or wrongfully condemned by this, and I'll have to accept the results either way I suppose. The only thing I can ask is that tomorrow people at least consider the fact that cpig could be lying, and in fact could have bussed someone last night. someone has been sitting back and letting me be suspected for half the game, and that's probably why kb was never killed, to keep the suspicion on me

there is one other possibility, I'll read over it, organize my thoughts on it and try to see if it makes sense, but I just don't have it in me right now. I'm out the door headed to see a doctor. if soda flips town and I haven't posted, give me some time to reply before lynching as I might be passed out in bed for a while

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can't make the pig thing work Stick.

Like these are the pieces we have to work around if AS flips town: He's copped town, Zimbo's missing shine, Last night's bus drive.

He could have done last night's bus drive. But he already bus drove a kill on the night of Zimbo's missing shine, so he didn't do that. And he theoretically doesn't have enough shine to have bus driven glowku's cop.

It just doesn't work.

Like even if you make him a godfather scrounger, it still doesn't explain Zimbo's missing shine.

I mean certainly, if we were to cuddle you today and you flipped Carolla(meaning you were telling the truth) and then AS tomorrow and she flipped town, there aren't many other places to look so would have to think about things. But there is no way anyone looks at Pig unless both you and AS have flipped.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, as an fyi, I'm still wondering if Stick isn't the right first cuddle today. Today's cuddle is the only way we'd know for sure if he was lying or telling the truth. Since today he would supposedly flip as Carolla.

If we do AS tonight and she doesn't flip Provenzano, tomorrow's stick cuddle would flip Provenzano either way, lying or telling the truth. Only way we'd know for sure if he was lying is if the game ended, and it might not end even if he's lying, if we still have a 2nd son out there.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Actually I am a claimed shine scrounger and I never said anything about being or using any bodyguard.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Alright, so as I understand it, here's our scenarios:

Soda:

This one's pretty straightforward--Soda sat on his hands and just withheld the night kill last night, and makes it look like whoever had the NK targeted KB, who he claims to have been protecting. But the thing I can't reconcile on this is withholding the kill entirely. At this point, Scum Soda would be backed into a corner on a very short clock--there's a confirmed cop who he can't touch without outing himself, and it's only a matter of time before he gets copped. Sure, it doesn't change the number of days left one way or another (8-6-4 compared to 7-5-3), but If he picks off, say, AA, he gets rid of a confirmed town, knocks down the number of people he has to convince on any given day, still has Stick and CPig for potential smokescreens, and so on. Even if it's because you feel better as one scum out of four players than one out of three, you can still save the withhold for later.

Stick:

This one actually works a little more smoothly in my mind--in this one, Stick redirects KB to himself, to fake a scum result on someone else. There's upsides and downsides to this plan--if KB was copping him anyways, well, he's just SOL (but he would be SOL in that case regardless), and even when it works, he's drawing an enormous amount of heat on himself. But the alternative was worse:

With the way the past two nights shook out, we had a very short list of people who could have done one of the NKs--going into today it was down to Fisk, AS, and Stick, and Fisk was guaranteed dead for free. So that means KB is copping either Stick or Soda. If Stick makes the NK, he's caught no matter what. Either Stick turns up scum, or AS turns up town, but either way he's guaranteed the target. But redirecting potentially gets him a day and a lynched doctor. From there he can NK KB, try to pin the blame on CPig on the next day, make whatever NK that night, and go into the last day hoping he gets lucky. It's a horrible longshot, but the alternative is a guaranteed loss.

Moat:

I don't actually have a scenario in which this works short of giant piles of enormous lies! Congratulations, Moat, you're either town or the greatest scum of all time!

CPig:

This is a mess that requires CPig to have bussed himself on a night when he got randomly copped, and also for a million other things to go right. I'm not buying it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Also, if Soda were scum, he would have no reason whatsoever to speak out against the Fisk lynch--he would have needed it to happen or else he's got another day to get through. All speaking up against the town here would do is make him stand out when he's already under massive scrutiny, by going something the town was quite strongly in favor of.

##vote Stickup

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also, if Soda were scum, he would have no reason whatsoever to speak out against the Fisk lynch--he would have needed it to happen or else he's got another day to get through. All speaking up against the town here would do is make him stand out when he's already under massive scrutiny, by going something the town was quite strongly in favor of.

##vote Stickup

She.

And the reason to speak out is because she would still have to throw shade around to make it through this game somehow.

But yeah. Stick feels like the right choice today so we know for sure if he was lying.

The one bad thing about his claim, if he's been faking it all this time, is it is the thing that most makes me want to cuddle him today.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Ah, bollocks.

Sorry, Soda.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, rereading the Jimmy cuddle, Stick really could be partnered with Jimmy. He was really hesitant to get on that cuddle and then went for the hammer(for cred?) but was too late.

I still want to finish my conversation with Soda before we end the day though. :)

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
kb,

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, I thought of another way to do this, AS.

I don't understand why I have to do this, but let me make it far more clear.

You are in a mafia game. There are 10 players in this game. The rules of the game allow you to vote out one of the players without ending the day, we'll call this player Gizmo. The reason you are allowed to vote out this player is they haven't posted for two full game days. You aren't sure of their alignment. From a strategy perspective as town, do you think it is the right move to use the free vote out to remove Gizmo?

Atomic Soda posted:

- taste could have been lynched after you revealed your result, freely still, so this is not an excuse.

i've already said that i agreed with lynching taste as a free lunch on a suspicious lurker (i voted for him!). what i don't agree with is you sitting on information while town lynches a lurker (whos just started posting!) with a scum read. you could have spilled the info, we could have had this discussion with taste, we could have lynched him, then onto the next one (probably me lol).

do you really think that this would have been a bad way to go about it? are you so cranky at taste you wouldn't even consider his opinion on your cop? he's been pretty good in most games i've played with him i've felt.

this is my opinion. i also don't like policy lynches.

pedit: there are a lot more posts since i started writing this one on the phone. going into my next meeting but i'll try get back to new posts after that sry guys!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
waiting at the hospital right now

lynch soda today, the result very well may be real, and if soda is the last provenzano I become confirmed town. if you dont believe what i say tomorrow you can lynch me then just as easily

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
AS you can't lie to me

If you are scum you don't have to respond

If you arent scum then you need to tell me for real it's mafia code

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually I am a claimed shine scrounger and I never said anything about being or using any bodyguard.

I meant BP, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually I just watched the imitation game so now I have decided to build a machine that will calculate the scum and save the war and also new Orleans

I'll be back in a few months

• Locked thread