Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

I'm going to guess that you had to preorder it digitally.

I did. Like a civilized person living in 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

wait you can buy crates with money in IW? How?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

victrix posted:

If you own BO3 and you preordered IW, you can launch BO3 get 1k codbux, launch IW and buy 5 crates to get three emblems a dupe common and a reticle. GET ON IT.

This does not seem to be true. The messages of the day say CoD Points are now for sale and CP purchased in one game can be spent in the other, but neither game gave me free stuff just for logging in. I digitally preordered the $60 edition via Amazon, if that makes any difference.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FirstPersonShitter posted:

wait you can buy crates with money in IW? How?

I'm still downloading but if I'm understating things correctly you can buy points in BO3 and use them in IW

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm still downloading but if I'm understating things correctly you can buy points in BO3 and use them in IW

You can buy points in IW too, my dude.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JackGeneric posted:

I haven't used any of my anime F2P iOS games money this month so I might.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

im on pc and i cant find an option in IW to buy them

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Juking people with FTL jump is my new favorite thing

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-converter-various-configurations?variant=11824688577

For anyone who wants to use their Elite on the PS4.

Found out the hard way that it doesn't fit in the front USB slots on the ~PS Pro~ but you can use the rear port for it until they make a new physical case for the stick.

And for ~Astro Pros~ http://forums.astrogaming.com/index.php?threads/infinite-warfare-best-footsteps-preset.334830/

Use Default or Small Speakers in audio settings, not Headphones, oddly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Probably the most movement heavy CoD that's ever been out.

People just wanna lie on floors on camp a corner all day. :geno:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Alteisen posted:

Probably the most movement heavy CoD that's ever been out.

People just wanna lie on floors on camp a corner all day. :geno:

I want to do this with my orange Longboner, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of spots to set up.

Dammit I wanna use my P2W gun the way I wanna use it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got BO3 installed again to get the 1000 COD points and used them up in IW. Got 2 of the Quartermaster only weapons (common RAW and a rare sniper) and also unlocked the RAW Benediction (Legendary) which is actually pretty loving great (3 kills for extra perk and increased damage range). Also got a bunch of trash rolls (like +23 salvage RARE)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

(like +23 salvage RARE)

this poo poo is such a joke to me. give me literally any common variant because it's worth roughly ten times that amount. the only thing more frustrating is the fact that they haven't removed the ability for you to get dupes. keep your RNG but have it pull from the remaining available items, not the entire pool where I get repeat after repeat that are worth 1/25th their value in scrap

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
The perils of solo queue (note the 1-20 pubbie :negative:).

It may be placebo, but those Astro settings Fuzzy posted have made footsteps more distinct. I've been able to get the drop on people more often now due to soundwhoring. Also, I got the epic KBAR from a drop :getin:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Anyone want to try playing MWR tonight?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

victrix posted:

And for ~Astro Pros~ http://forums.astrogaming.com/index.php?threads/infinite-warfare-best-footsteps-preset.334830/

Use Default or Small Speakers in audio settings, not Headphones, oddly.

And here I am with some Turtle Beach Recon headset. Wonder if I should stick with Headphones or switch to Default/Small Speakers.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
AR silencer ranges. Usable on 3/5 of them but you might feel it with how short the sight lines are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYMu9Y_rS54

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I did. Like a civilized person living in 2016

Jokes on you. I can sell this piece of poo poo trash game and get some money back for it. Mind you I probably won't because lazy and reasons, but still. At least I have the option.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kabr vs nv4 opinions?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I've been using the kbar and I lose a lot to nv4s

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
KBAR acts as a sub/AR hybrid with its higher RPM, makes it work out a little better with a rushing playstyle. However, the NV4 is stupidly easy to use due to its low recoil and long 4 shot kill range. Hope it sees a nerf in the first balance patch. Hipfire nerf maybe?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

KBAR acts as a sub/AR hybrid with its higher RPM, makes it work out a little better with a rushing playstyle. However, the NV4 is stupidly easy to use due to its low recoil and long 4 shot kill range. Hope it sees a nerf in the first balance patch. Hipfire nerf maybe?

I think all the ARs could use a hip-fire nerf. If I'm using an SMG, I lose to a hip-firing AR quite frequently.

I hope they buff the Vulture as well. That thing can't even reliably kill Recruit difficulty bots.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

ethanol posted:

I've been using the kbar and I lose a lot to nv4s

to be completely fair how much of this do you think comes as a result of the nv4 being the everyman's AR with (assumedly) the highest usage rate

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Kabr vs nv4 opinions?

RPR Evo in AR mode, assuming it really does get a disgusting ramp in damage when in that mode. Problem is, NV4 seems to fire just a bit faster.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I just noticed that underneath the minimap, it gives the name of your current location on the map.

I'm really loving this game. When the connection isn't shafting me, the weapons look and sound great, most of them feel nicely powerful and the maps are mostly fun.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

This game makes me feel really old. I just don't have the knack for being mobile and ADSing. I can do one or the other. I can do well at this game but I have to use hipfire stuff.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Javes posted:

What about KBAR vs. Type-2?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Nothing like losing a match to a party from Venezuela. Why does this game keep rewarding people with higher pings?

We also had the game get stuck on a host migration. Dedicated servers working as intended!

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 17, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Someone did a netcode test. Host Pro is so good in this game, it gives the entire team an advantage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKE_eaTb1TU

I stole these notes from Reddit.

4-bar is under 120ms of ping. 3-bar is under 175ms, 2-bar is under 220ms, and you're on 1-bar if you're over 220ms.

Both games use an hybrid system of dedicated servers and P2P servers.

When you play on a dedicated server, a client sends 100 updates per second to the server, but the server only sends 20 updates per send to the client (100/20 Hz).

When you play on a P2P server, the update rates are 100/10 Hz. As a matter of fact, BF1 and Overwatch use 60/60.

In optimal conditions (25ms ping to a dedicated server, 91 FPS without V-sync, zero packet loss, 1ms screen response time), the real latency is, in average, 100ms. This will be much higher on consoles due to 60 FPS V-sync, TV screens, and of course, higher delays to the hosts (dedicated or not).The variance in testing the delays shows a real problem in dealing with the latency - other games are much more consistent in that regard.

You can lag up to 500 ms and still have your hits registered, hence provoking some bad deaths far behind cover.
If you're the host on a P2P server, you can still hit players even if they're lagging up to 900 ms, leading to even more BS deaths!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I told you I wasn't crazy! I told you all!!

Also, for what it's worth, it's impossible to get a 1ms screen input lag (please don't confuse this with "response time", which is completely different) unless you use a CRT. Current minimum via LCD/LED is 9ms, averaged from measuring the top, middle, and bottom.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 17, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah so I guess kudos to people who can stand playing this garbage fire? Those hard stats are nice to see because it validates that I'm not just pissed for no reason. What a mess.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Someone did a netcode test. Host Pro is so good in this game, it gives the entire team an advantage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKE_eaTb1TU

I stole these notes from Reddit.

4-bar is under 120ms of ping. 3-bar is under 175ms, 2-bar is under 220ms, and you're on 1-bar if you're over 220ms.

Both games use an hybrid system of dedicated servers and P2P servers.

When you play on a dedicated server, a client sends 100 updates per second to the server, but the server only sends 20 updates per send to the client (100/20 Hz).

When you play on a P2P server, the update rates are 100/10 Hz. As a matter of fact, BF1 and Overwatch use 60/60.

In optimal conditions (25ms ping to a dedicated server, 91 FPS without V-sync, zero packet loss, 1ms screen response time), the real latency is, in average, 100ms. This will be much higher on consoles due to 60 FPS V-sync, TV screens, and of course, higher delays to the hosts (dedicated or not).The variance in testing the delays shows a real problem in dealing with the latency - other games are much more consistent in that regard.

You can lag up to 500 ms and still have your hits registered, hence provoking some bad deaths far behind cover.
If you're the host on a P2P server, you can still hit players even if they're lagging up to 900 ms, leading to even more BS deaths!

Now my question is, is the reasoning behind this bullshit just cost-cutting measures? Because hearing that my dumb spaceman gambling simulator is running 100/20 Hz or 100/10 Hz, that actually sounds worrying to me. Why the gently caress can't consoles get proper PC-level refresh rates?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

widespread posted:

Now my question is, is the reasoning behind this bullshit just cost-cutting measures? Because hearing that my dumb spaceman gambling simulator is running 100/20 Hz or 100/10 Hz, that actually sounds worrying to me. Why the gently caress can't consoles get proper PC-level refresh rates?

Activision is too loving cheap to bother putting money into developing better netcode. All they care about is the bare minimum to get people to buy microtransactions. Any exploit to get around their loot system gets squashed immediately, but everything else gets thrown aside (like stats and leaderboards). I was starting to enjoy this game, but after losing several games today because of Host Pro, I don't know what to think anymore.

Mister Macys posted:

I told you I wasn't crazy! I told you all!!

Also, for what it's worth, it's impossible to get a 1ms screen input lag unless you use a CRT. Current minimum via LCD/LED is 9ms, averaged from measuring the top, middle, and bottom.

COD is gonna make you crazy with all the yelling you keep doing.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Javes posted:

The perils of solo queue (note the 1-20 pubbie :negative:).

It may be placebo, but those Astro settings Fuzzy posted have made footsteps more distinct. I've been able to get the drop on people more often now due to soundwhoring. Also, I got the epic KBAR from a drop :getin:

agreed, pubbies are the worst

Mister Macys posted:

What about KBAR vs. Type-2?

KBAR is better than the Type-2 in AR mode within the KBAR's 4HK range, but outside of that the Type-2 is better. Akimbo mode might even things up with the KBAR up close.

Looking at those charts, I feel like I'm in very few mid to long-range gunfights in this game. I barely recall any times I've hit the Volk's 4HK range when unsuppressed. This feels especially weird to me since I always liked going for long-range gunfights in BO3.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Darn. Was kinda hoping the higher ROF and accuracy would even it out.

Mill Village posted:

COD is gonna make you crazy with all the yelling you keep doing.

That's why I'm getting Killing Floor 2. Gonna relax and play PvE for a while... with a FLAMETHROWER. :flame:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Activision is too loving cheap to bother putting money into developing better netcode. All they care about is the bare minimum to get people to buy microtransactions. Any exploit to get around their loot system gets squashed immediately, but everything else gets thrown aside (like stats and leaderboards). I was starting to enjoy this game, but after losing several games today because of Host Pro, I don't know what to think anymore.

I just sorta stick to solo modes and even then I rarely play. Though I do get an itch to play MP. Gotta be the best drat Wolverine Initiative Member thingy Sabre Team Member Wraith generic-rear end mercenary there ever was.

Mister Macys posted:

That's why I'm getting Killing Floor 2. Gonna relax and play PvE for a while... with a FLAMETHROWER. :flame:

To be honest, I don't wanna double buy a game. BUT if PS4 KF2 feels better then I shall join you in european zed slaying.

And also to comment how Survivalist is a trash class

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

widespread posted:

BO3 had worse delay than IW does, with the same tickrates. It's not the netcode, I'm growing increasingly convinced it's hit detection (good, not bad, or more precisely too accurate) and aim assist (less of it in general). This also tracks with watching some of the better youtube pubstompers - they're still doing really well in IW. Common denominator? Really loving good snap aim. I know of at least one who had insanely high BO3 accuracy (I want to say something like 10% higher than I've seen most people report, which is bonkers).

Why 'bad' hit detection? Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REBiZ4NIFcs

That wasn't lag. That was a local game against bots, the shots missed. But in a multi match, you can be 100% sure I would have been raging on voice chat at a missed kill like that.

That's also why hipfire feels wildly loving inconsistent, sometimes you melt, sometimes you spray a mag and die to a point blank NV4 that did ADS.

What else is contributing? Reduced flinch, lower recoil in general (hello NV4). Flinch headshots in BO3 were annoying as poo poo with ARs using headstoppers, but flinching your enemy also saves your life. You can barely flinch people in IW. I've had multiple deaths to snipers that I hit first, several shots, and they still killed me, and snipers have the worst recoil in the game.

Then there's aim assist. It feels like AA in general is weaker across the board in this game, or at least, fades off faster. I don't yet know if its per gun, per gun class, or if optics/perks affect it.

The combination of those factors all mean you can feel like you're perfectly on target, but what really happened is you hit 3/4 or 4/5 shots needed to kill and your enemy didn't and you die, even though your crosshairs were trained roughly center mass. If your target was sliding, jumping, or even strafing, their arms and legs are in motion, and you can shoot through the gaps and miss.

The weapons in general are pretty tightly tuned in this game, there aren't many obvious standouts with vastly superior TTK (hello pre-nerf Vesper in BO3), and there isn't even a ranged burst laser like the M8 (the R3K, hilariously, gets R3Ked by the NV4 due to the aforementioned accuracy issues).

The overall TTK isn't much different than BO3 either, if you look at the stk and rof of the various guns, again, not many that stand out as way out of line.

Anyway, I'm going to do some testing on hitreg and AA and see if I can find any useful info that might help people who are enjoying the game but struggling (because I sure as gently caress am, I can still put up good games with specific setups, but in general this is the toughest time I've had with a CoD since literally CoD4).

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I got a THOR on Mayday and it turns out 90% of the level is covered by ceiling from that angle.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

victrix posted:

:words: and missing a point blank Spas-12 shot somehow

I will be honest. There have been times where I feel I am aiming just a little bit off. Also I feel that the AA in this game is non-existent in general, but that's more on thinking of AA in a larger sense.

Still, it is weird how one of the core issues is baked into the game itself.

Good luck on your research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

victrix posted:

Nano shot

N a n o S h o t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhjU_GGRu50

• Locked thread