Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ror posted:

It's way easier to try to figure out if he's been in any decent movies, which might just be The Boys From Brazil and Diner. I've actually never seen Cocoon, so maybe that one too.
Cocoon is poo poo, but you definitely forgot Short Circuit. And arguably the first Police Academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I saw that movie. I had thought it was some kind of fever dream from the distant past, but then my memory was jogged when the Sparklemotion scene was mentioned. I will never forget the velcroed dong being removed from the mannequin :ohdear:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Them laying into "incel" people was the best, they're gonna get letters and it's gonna be great :allears:

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

precision posted:

Them laying into "incel" people was the best, they're gonna get letters and it's gonna be great :allears:

I think they've already rid themselves of those people long ago. Have to say I didn't expect that kind of reference from WHM, but what can I say, I'm glad they're up to date on stupid internet people.

also, if you haven't listened to the 18 Again episode, it's another "romcom" where your main dude is a huge creep, but for different reasons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's amazing to realize that between 1987 and 1989 there were multiple movies about old guys switching bodies with much younger guys. 18 Again, Vice Versa, Like Father Like Son, and Dream a Little Dream all came out one after the other.

Ooh, theme month perhaps? They could do those and one of the two remakes of Freaky Friday.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

A Meat posted:

I think they've already rid themselves of those people long ago. Have to say I didn't expect that kind of reference from WHM, but what can I say, I'm glad they're up to date on stupid internet people.

also, if you haven't listened to the 18 Again episode, it's another "romcom" where your main dude is a huge creep, but for different reasons

I know we talked about this earlier with what good guys they are, but god drat, they really are. My heart was breaking reading some of Eric's recent tweets

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/796225410015133696

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/796229066827399168

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/796230056330805248

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/796410834368876544

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I feel like Eric definitely listens to Chapo Trap House.

Cool dude in my book imo

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I visited Washington, D.C. for the first time this past weekend. Visited some art and science stuff, and then ended the day with the Holocaust Museum, the memorials for Jefferson, FDR, MLK Jr., the Korean soldiers, Lincoln, and the Vietnam soldiers, and then walked by the White House. It was quite extreme in terms of emotional swings, but the day ended with optimism.

Heading back to the car to head out and prep for the return trip to Montreal, we just happened to walk in front of that old post office that the bigot converted into a hotel. We shook our heads and chuckled a bit and kept going. Ugh, we had zero anticipation of what was to come, and this hurts more than had Harper defeated Trudeau last year up north.

Not sure why I'm putting this all in here, but I'd rather not venture into the C-SPAM realm of finger-pointing and infighting, and after seeing Eric's tweets I just had to write something. Hope everyone who peruses this thread, podcasters and listeners alike, can remain in good spirits and work together to stand up for those who need help the most.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

weekly font posted:

I feel like Eric definitely listens to Chapo Trap House.

If only to take notes on his impressions. Alt-Right Paul Giamatti was an A+++ goof.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

A Meat posted:

Is there a romcom in existence where one or both of the leads are neither creepy nor psychopathic?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

Is there a romcom in existence where one or both of the leads are neither creepy nor psychopathic?

There's Notting Hill, where Julia Roberts is just a huge rear end in a top hat.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gyges posted:

I had a title written down and then back spaced like four times. Closest I got was Fever Pitch where at least the point is he's unhealthily obsessed with sports but outside of one moment isn't a dick about it.

Initially the Red Sox were supposed to lose as per usual and he'd learn some life lesson but then they went and won the World Series during filming.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

It's a gradient of sane/ugly and insane/beautiful. On the left you have the boring but otherwise solid bro/gal who is left at the altar by the person who choses the star of the romcom, on the right you have a character like Amelie who is an insane stalker that ruins multiple peoples' lives but is pretty and whimsical so it's OK.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gyges posted:

So I Married An Axe Murderer, ironically.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

When they were doing the whole "Ben wanting to watch Reed and Sue get together" bit and the whole age difference thing, I was a bit surprised Steve didn't know about this "classic" page:

Comic booksJohn Byrne, ladies and gentlemen!

(Yeah, everyone after Byrne pretty much pretended that didn't happen)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

When they were doing the whole "Ben wanting to watch Reed and Sue get together" bit and the whole age difference thing, I was a bit surprised Steve didn't know about this "classic" page:

Comic booksJohn Byrne, ladies and gentlemen!

(Yeah, everyone after Byrne pretty much pretended that didn't happen)

John Byrne also had... strong opinions on the casting of Jessica Alba

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

clinkclinkclinkclink

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Corek posted:

clinkclinkclinkclink
Oh man Byrne had "clink-ka-clink-clink-clink" going on like you wouldn't believe.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I actually thought Michael Chiklis was okay in this movie. He didn't have much to work with but he was the only one of the four I really gave a poo poo about. Chris Evans was decently funny too.

But overall, yeah, not a good movie.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh man Byrne had "clink-ka-clink-clink-clink" going on like you wouldn't believe.

also Chris Claremont and his fetishes

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ghost emoji posted:

I actually thought Michael Chiklis was okay in this movie. He didn't have much to work with but he was the only one of the four I really gave a poo poo about. Chris Evans was decently funny too.

But overall, yeah, not a good movie.

I have to say it's pretty impressive that Evans managed to go from this too-cool-for-90's-school Johnny Storm to the great job he's been doing playing Captain America. It felt like the FF role would have been a career-tanker for most other people.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I want to say L.G. Yahoo is the gang's funniest fake character invention next to Marvin Cinemax III.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vermain posted:

I want to say L.G. Yahoo is the gang's funniest fake character invention next to Marvin Cinemax III.

It's a real shame his cousin, Serious, never made it in Hollywood.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I have a unique technical difficulty right now. My right click button on my laptop is dead. I cannot right click. I'm looking into a new laptop but until then, previously I'd left click, then go to save page as and it'd work fine. Problem is, since updating Firefox, when I left click the page URL doesn't change. Do I really have no option but to manually type in the URL now? If so, kill me. :suicide:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Why not get a USB mouse?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why not get a USB mouse?

Basically because I use it on a relatively small table and also from bed at which point USB mouse is not feasible.

Disabled dude problems. :sigh:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So I have a unique technical difficulty right now. My right click button on my laptop is dead. I cannot right click. I'm looking into a new laptop but until then, previously I'd left click, then go to save page as and it'd work fine. Problem is, since updating Firefox, when I left click the page URL doesn't change. Do I really have no option but to manually type in the URL now? If so, kill me. :suicide:

You could get a browser add-on like Down Them All, or you could set a hotkey to mean right-click. Or get a USB mouse wireless trackball!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

You could get a browser add-on like Down Them All, or you could set a hotkey to mean right-click. Or get a USB mouse wireless trackball!

Thanks for the advice TB :3:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Basically because I use it on a relatively small table and also from bed at which point USB mouse is not feasible.

Disabled dude problems. :sigh:

Nah that's definitely feasible with an optical mouse, which works on whatever surface.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
I don't know if you have a 10-key, but you can turn on mouse keys and use minus (-) to right click.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I do hope they stay away from trump now, though. There were a couple of episodes where they'd have long bits about Mary Sue's that hurt older episodes a bit.

I hope they never stop, I love when they dig into people with lovely views and I'm glad they're a podcast that is able to get into it instead of dancing around with vague phrases like "the discourse is just so bad on both sides"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The repeated assertions that The Thing can "still do mouth stuff" is my favorite low-key running joke in a while

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

The idea that Ben Grimm got the worst of the cosmic storm because he had his mouth open when it hit made me laugh so hard I had to stop the podcast and walk away from my desk. I don't know why but that visual really hit me. This episode was great!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I listened to the Davey and Goliath episode and now I really want them to have a dedicated Donnie Darko episode.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I had to leave the office for a minute at "You're all scientists! You have to have seen The Fly! That's a law!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The repeated assertions that The Thing can "still do mouth stuff" is my favorite low-key running joke in a while

Hey Thing, get in here and do some mouth stuff.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
After they pointed out that Alicia probably left him after he got un-Thing'd I like to imagine the exact same scene as with Deb, only it's a blind lady running through the streets in horror. So Ben goes back and gets re-Thing'd and just pretends it was all to save his buddies.

Did he ever get to watch Richards and Sue make out?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Oh boy, what a bonus at the end of today's episode of The Nexus.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

duz posted:

Oh boy, what a bonus at the end of today's episode of The Nexus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I legit sometimes proclaim, "The experience is consummated!" after destroying the bathroom, and my wife has never even bothered to ask why I do it simply because its probably one of the least weird things I do around the house.