Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Went against my better judgment and decided to get cod points with the 15$ credit PSN promotion from october and I am now convinced I have the worst luck. I got jack poo poo, only common and rares :smith:

Appart from that, anyone got the Ripper variant for the RPR? I love the gun by itself and a better fire rate sounds great for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My big problem with this (and BO3) is how the minimal is a rectangle and it shows way more stuff to the sides than it does to the front/back. Why is this?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Aesthetic reasons. "People play on widescreen televisions and monitors now, and the map should reflect that for better symmetry!" :downswords:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

AA tests:

Black Ops 3 guns had different hipfire aim assist ranges (pistols to ARs etc, as you'd expect).

Black Ops 3 guns had the same ADS aim assist range. This let SMGs have as much accuracy at the same range as ARs or LMGs (not accounting for recoil of course).

IW guns have different ADS aim assist ranges, again mirroring the gun classes (The LMG hipfire range was different between the two as well I think, I'd have to go look at the footage again).

All this really means is SMGs have no aim assist at shorter distances than ARs or LMGs, so they're a bit worse at longer ranges, as you'd expect. Really at the ranges where they lose their AA you probably shouldn't be trying to shoot some dude behind cover aiming at you anyway. If they're oblivious, sure, go for the tapfire long range kill.

Optics didn't seem to have any impact on ADS AA range. I only tested gun classes, not specific guns, so it's possible some guns have different distances (though I kinda doubt it). I do wonder if the RPR in AR mode has SMG or AR ads aim assist distance though (or possibly EBR in AR mode as well I guess, I'm not sure it matters much on the Type 2).

So the effective AA engagement distances are a bit different between BO3 and IW, but not radically so.

I still think the AA in general is weaker in this game, BO3 felt a lot stickier to me, and I've seen a lot less cases of my aim getting pulled hard by enemies, particularly in groups or pairs, or through/behind cover.

I'm too lazy to crop a bunch of footage I recorded and XclusiveAce mentioned he's doing a video specifically on aim assist today, so look for pretty graphs and poo poo from him on this topic at some point probably.

Network tests:

Test your network and get your bufferbloat under control. I dropped my pings from ~130 cumulative up/down to ~40 cumulative up/down.

Just go here: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Run test, click Results, scroll down to Grade, look at the bufferbloat ping results chart.

Head to your router, clamp your upload/download speeds to less than your max. You'll have to fiddle with the numbers depending on your specific network setup, I have 100/100 up/down on fiber and clamping it to 70/5 for the PS4 went from this:

90 avg down/39 avg up

To this:

26 avg down/12 avg up

If you don't know what the hell any of that means, you can watch this, it might help explain it a bit, maybe not. Your specific router might not have speed adjusting built in (it's called Traffic Shaping on the Verizon router and allows specific up/down settings, it's done as a % slider on the Netduma, I don't know about others).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEOkZiSrEeU

Finally, if you don't have Open NAT for some reason, either a) DMZ your PS4 or b) port forward your PS4 (you can google the ports you need)

Also that dude reported that instead of dmzing or port forwarding, if you want to use UPnP, rebuilding the database on his PS4 and then launching BO3/IW let it open the ports and allow an Open NAT simply having UPnP enabled on their router. Don't ask me to explain that one (he also said launching an older CoD like Ghosts would always open it, wtf).

victrix fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 17, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

Network tests:

Test your network and get your bufferbloat under control. I dropped my pings from ~130 cumulative up/down to ~40 cumulative up/down.

Just go here: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Run test, click Results, scroll down to Grade, look at the bufferbloat ping results chart.

Head to your router, clamp your upload/download speeds to less than your max. You'll have to fiddle with the numbers depending on your specific network setup, I have 100/100 up/down on fiber and clamping it to 70/5 for the PS4 went from this:

90 avg down/39 avg up

To this:

26 avg down/12 avg up

If you don't know what the hell any of that means, you can watch this, it might help explain it a bit, maybe not. Your specific router might not have speed adjusting built in (it's called Traffic Shaping on the Verizon router and allows specific up/down settings, it's done as a % slider on the Netduma, I don't know about others).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEOkZiSrEeU

Finally, if you don't have Open NAT for some reason, either a) DMZ your PS4 or b) port forward your PS4 (you can google the ports you need)

Also that dude reported that instead of dmzing or port forwarding, if you want to use UPnP, rebuilding the database on his PS4 and then launching BO3/IW let it open the ports and allow an Open NAT simply having UPnP enabled on their router. Don't ask me to explain that one (he also said launching an older CoD like Ghosts would always open it, wtf).

I did that test and got a big fat D for my blufferbloat. I have an average of 723ms of blufferbloat. :stare:

I was having problems with Comcast and the tech made me go back to their crappy router/modem combo unit. I cannot control my internet speeds with that so I'm going to buy a better modem so I can use the good router I have again.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

As it turns out, a good chunk of people are gonna get at best "C" grades on the BufferBloat category. Apparently modern-day stuff still suffers from it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Comcast in my area was way better when they first came out here. They got so many customers crammed into each junction box I wouldn't be surprised if that is also a factor.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is there a list anywhere of which epics are actually any good? I already got the shotgun with the knife on which is hella sweet, but I've got like 4500 scrap and idk which epic to work towards. The Type 2 Butcher could be either super sweet or extremely poo poo. Likewise with the ERAD cerberus. Or the mauler mammoth. Or really any of the hipfire guns I actually like.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Is there a list anywhere of which epics are actually any good? I already got the shotgun with the knife on which is hella sweet, but I've got like 4500 scrap and idk which epic to work towards. The Type 2 Butcher could be either super sweet or extremely poo poo. Likewise with the ERAD cerberus. Or the mauler mammoth. Or really any of the hipfire guns I actually like.

Volk Goliath, maybe. And NV4 Flatline looks hella solid. Same with KBS Longbow Big Brother and Rack-9 Smoothbore. And...I wanna say the Ripper?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
NV4 Flatline gets outgunned by other NV4s up close due to its slower fire rate. Ideal use of the Flatline is with a suppressor and trying to engage in fights at range.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Thanks!

Also, did they patch in foregrips working yet? I see people running around with them all the time still.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So far all they've fixed is some cosmetic issues and supply drop key exploits.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
What sort of sorcery determines your keys?

I play like arse for several games pottering about trying to learn the maps, and get 2-3 keys a game when losing. Then go 'gently caress it' and sprint around in circles with my shiny new molten-camo'ed shotgun, go on a complete murder spree and somehow top the winning team, but only get 1. :psyduck:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

limited posted:

What sort of sorcery determines your keys?

I play like arse for several games pottering about trying to learn the maps, and get 2-3 keys a game when losing. Then go 'gently caress it' and sprint around in circles with my shiny new molten-camo'ed shotgun, go on a complete murder spree and somehow top the winning team, but only get 1. :psyduck:

If it's like Blops3, it's based on time played. I think a TDM match earns like 1.5 keys on average.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

OneDeadman posted:

If it's like Blops3, it's based on time played. I think a TDM match earns like 1.5 keys on average.

Maybe if you have the season pass. Otherwise, it's more like half that. :emo:

OrbitalHybrid
Mar 1, 2008
I guess this is okay...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

No season pass here. I get 1.5 keys per game, 2+ if I do really well. I think my best so far is 3 keys in one game.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Great games tonight, don't think we had a single laggy lobby, the few times we saw laggy players they were most definitely not benefitting from it.

Didn't lose a match, and made both a six stack and two lobbies with nuke emblem bros bail out on us.

Javes came a hair off getting three RC-8s in one match :getin: Something like 72-7 in KC.

Snipers are way less annoying than I thought they'd be, they're actually loving ez to use, just ads and fire, the end. poo poo scopes and not great due to maps/other guns, but meh, not a huge cockblock to Solar/Dark Sky camo progression.

Pistols are real loving good. You can use the headshot mod on them while Akimbo :stare:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, I even played some Gun Game, and placed first or second for a handful of matches (so I could get a crate).

And melee is one-hit in it. Embrace the humiliations. :ese:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

victrix posted:

Great games tonight, don't think we had a single laggy lobby, the few times we saw laggy players they were most definitely not benefitting from it.

Didn't lose a match, and made both a six stack and two lobbies with nuke emblem bros bail out on us.

Javes came a hair off getting three RC-8s in one match :getin: Something like 72-7 in KC.

Snipers are way less annoying than I thought they'd be, they're actually loving ez to use, just ads and fire, the end. poo poo scopes and not great due to maps/other guns, but meh, not a huge cockblock to Solar/Dark Sky camo progression.

Pistols are real loving good. You can use the headshot mod on them while Akimbo :stare:

With Snipers, this is where you should play Frontline instead. I tried it once on Frontier of all maps, and managed my first 2.0 KDR by simply focusing down the upper middle path. And by also having the purple Oni variant cheese me in some cooler attachments. Also, Longbow needs the Ballistic CPU like god loving drat.

And you should try the Duelist class. I think that's akimbo/auto sear/extended mags/rifled barrel on the loving Kendalls.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I tried playing this dogshit again last night and had one lobby of 5 people then 2 full lobbies where all that happened was me getting shot around corners by purple and orange variant guns....this game sucks dicks

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Actually this game is cool and good and double XP means I'm going to hopefully play a ton of it.

Anyone up for HC KC tonight?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I might be on for that. Steamrolling pubbies in TDM is getting boring.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

IW stream live

edit: Stream done, you can unclench your excited butts now

Patch coming this weekend:

Volk getting nerfed (?!)

New gun variants coming

Hardpoint initial spawns getting tweaked to give a more even run for either team. Hardpoint general spawns will be tinkered with to adjust how far out you need to be from the point to stop nearby enemy spawns.

If you're planting, carrying a ball/flag/etc, your cloak drains 2x as fast (~4s cloak, no full defuse)

Bullcharge, Reaper, Reactive Armor will all drain faster while carrying objective

Rewind/Teleport will drop carried flag/ball

Bomb sites getting tweaked in S&D, Precinct, Scorch, Retaliation, Breakout, Frost, Throwback

Game modes will be rotated regularly to keep playlists populated (Demolition etc coming)

Leaderboards are coming

More detailed Combat Record is coming

Fix for Prestige unlocking high level Rigs

More Nuke weapons will be coming (supposedly Type-2 is coming next)

Next weekend will have a totally new mode for ~~~classic CoD fans~~~

:siren: Advanced UAV will reveal Ghost :siren:

They'll take a look at Grip functionality, especially if they feel the need to say nerf the NV4's recoil they might offload the extra accuracy to the Grip instead

KBAR is getting a tiny nerf, it has 2 bullet bonus accuracy right now, it'll drop to 1 bullet soon

They have longterm plans for updates for the next year

Already implemented stuff they've patched:

Maximum player speed capped (momentum + combat burst + variant gun speed + man at arms + rushdown etcetc)

Daily login bonuses buffed

Key gain rate increased

PC:

lmao you think I'm writing pc notes?

Zombies:

not Extinction, not writing this either

eSports:

https://www.dewanddoritos.com/

victrix fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 18, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Not even IW can get Open NAT with their game. :laugh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think Macy's is gonna wanna see this.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5dcqnz/battlenonsense_has_done_his_analysis_of_the/

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

He already did on the previous page.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783276&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=22#post466536032

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Indeed, cliff notes version:

IW WINS!!!!! :woop:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

victrix posted:

Patch coming this weekend:

Volk getting nerfed (?!)

New gun variants coming

Hardpoint initial spawns getting tweaked to give a more even run for either team. Hardpoint general spawns will be tinkered with to adjust how far out you need to be from the point to stop nearby enemy spawns.

If you're planting, carrying a ball/flag/etc, your cloak drains 2x as fast (~4s cloak, no full defuse)

Bullcharge, Reaper, Reactive Armor will all drain faster while carrying objective

Rewind/Teleport will drop carried flag/ball

Bomb sites getting tweaked in S&D, Precinct, Scorch, Retaliation, Breakout, Frost, Throwback

Leaderboards are coming

More detailed Combat Record is coming

Fix for Prestige unlocking high level Rigs

:siren: Advanced UAV will reveal Ghost :siren:

the 3-year dev cycle did a lot of good here :iw: And I blame the ESPORTS community for the Volk nerf. The Volk is pretty good but I lose gunfights against other ARs up close on a regular enough basis, and I don't feel like I have to automatically use the Volk in sweat lobbies like I did with the M8 and VMP in BO3.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

the 3-year dev cycle did a lot of good here :iw: And I blame the ESPORTS community for the Volk nerf. The Volk is pretty good but I lose gunfights against other ARs up close on a regular enough basis, and I don't feel like I have to automatically use the Volk in sweat lobbies like I did with the M8 and VMP in BO3.

I don't really get the Volk nerf either, it already has 50ms slower ADS than the other ARs, just like the sluggish Manowar in BO3.

TTK is R3K one burst > KBAR > Volk (BARELY, and slower with ADS time accounted) > Type 2 ~= NV4 (Type 2 is faster in Akimbo mode, but I'm not done doing full ttk stats and too lazy to go faster so meh).

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

No, I don't own the season pass and I get 1.5-2 per match. From the reports it's possible that some people's rates are just bugged/hosed up.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

No, I don't own the season pass and I get 1.5-2 per match. From the reports it's possible that some people's rates are just bugged/hosed up.

It's game mode/time dependent. There might be a small bonus for winning. It's probably just a rough c/p of the BO3 earn rate, which was (roughly) scaled based on the expected time it takes to finish any given game mode.

There was an issue with earning keys period, but that's some PC issue with long steam names (lmao PC cod).

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

It's game mode/time dependent. There might be a small bonus for winning. It's probably just a rough c/p of the BO3 earn rate, which was (roughly) scaled based on the expected time it takes to finish any given game mode.
I think Macys bitch is that we can be in the same lobby and I'll get 2 keys and he'll get .5, like there's some fuckup there.

quote:

There was an issue with earning keys period, but that's some PC issue with long steam names (lmao PC cod).
Yeah I dunno why people play this on PC with all the poo poo between hackers, aimbots, bugs/glitches and an upper population of the attendance of a Browns game during their lovely(er than usual) years. Get a xim and go to town on hapless controller users, pc bros!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

I think Macys bitch is that we can be in the same lobby and I'll get 2 keys and he'll get .5, like there's some fuckup there.

I've been in a party every night since launch and not once heard anyone report this :psyduck:

I'll just assume it's a Macy's tax

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Currency exchange rates apply.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

jase1 posted:

:vince:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Fuzzy, apparently someone on reddit tested the invective and it basically gives you the hollow point attachment for free with the caveat that legshots take an extra bullet to kill.

Reddit posted:

Kbar invective at point blank is 2shot headshot, 4shot body, 6 shot legs
Kbar stock is 3 shot headshot, 4shot body, 5shot legs
Kbar hollowpoint is 2 shot headshot, 4shot body, 5shot legs
So technically with hollowpoint on the stock gun is better, but the epic saves you an attachment at cost of taking more shots to kill below the waist

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That owns, particularly when you're jump shotting down at an angle constantly

... Still think I want the mammoth first though :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

:golfclap: :perfect:

victrix posted:

Indeed, cliff notes version:

IW WINS!!!!! :woop:

Yeah, I'm genuinely astonished that I've ever gotten perfect games now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Javes posted:

Fuzzy, apparently someone on reddit tested the invective and it basically gives you the hollow point attachment for free with the caveat that legshots take an extra bullet to kill.

Now I wonder if you can double up on Invective and HP to potentially get a OHK on a headshot.

• Locked thread