Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Chicken Bake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Xaris posted:

are you single?
maybe just for tonight :bigtran:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I loving love Costco

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
Just got the Costco Holiday Guide!

12 lbs. of Wagyu beef on sale for $899.99 rather than the normal $1200.00. What a steal!

A lot of the stuff in the catalog is pretty dope. Not the wagyu beef, though.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

my favorite part is dressing like an rear end (sandals, cat shirt, pokemon hat, sunglasses inside) and waving around the black card over a cart full of liquor and steak. also burning out of the gas station in front of dozens of balding midlife fucks in minivans

chicken bake legit but the brisket sandwich has too much coleslaw. k-sig gin is ok but doesn't smell enough like medicine and trees

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You can buy a barrel of Jack Daniels for $10k.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Detective No. 27 posted:

Industrial Meat Package posted:

I loving love Costco

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

I'm surprised you can't buy guns and cars or go to school there, maybe someday

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i get their big rear end frozen bag of cooked breakfast sausages too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

HATECUBE posted:

Costco auto program isn't too bad, esp. for popular models

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Who the gently caress would want to?

Evan WIlliams Mother Fucker.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
The people who complain about "paying a membership fee to shop" blow my fuckin mind and are usually shortsighted poor people.

Like dude you make that up in savings in a few trips. You come out wayyyyyy ahead its not even close.

They are the same people who pay their car insurance on a monthly basis. The simple math just scares them.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TheLightPurges posted:

The people who complain about "paying a membership fee to shop" blow my fuckin mind and are usually shortsighted poor people.

Like dude you make that up in savings in a few trips. You come out wayyyyyy ahead its not even close.

They are the same people who pay their car insurance on a monthly basis. The simple math just scares them.

The whole point of the fee from the start is to keep out the poors who would ruin things like free samples

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TheLightPurges posted:

Post your yearly household budget including all expenses. :v:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

VendaGoat posted:

Post your yearly household budget including all expenses. :v:

Pretend I posted a long middle class budget that included lots of savings. Whats the own you are saving up?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Like, taking the bus would probably be a lot niccer if you had to deposit $100 up front to ride it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TheLightPurges posted:

Pretend I posted a long middle class budget that included lots of savings. Whats the own you are saving up?

Cost, yo.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
lol if you don't have an executive membership, shop for you family/friends, use a credit card that gets mad points/miles/cash back, and get a $750 check from Costco at the end of the year. :getin:

Keep droppin quarters in your Aldi carts ya poors!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

shoophobo posted:

Keep droppin quarters in your Aldi carts ya poors!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TheLightPurges posted:

costco is famously popular w/ millionaires

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

my nearest costco is like half an hour away

is it still worth it if i probably wont go there super often

I go to the one by me maybe once a month or once every two or three months to stock up on canned/non-perishable stuff I plan to be eating off of and using for awhile. I then get perishables from the grocery stores closer to me. $2 for a bag of limes ain't worth it if most of them rot by the time you've used four of them. Especially when $2 is usually what four limes goes for at the Safeway down the road.
I actually make lists whenever I go to costco, or shop in general, and I think that's what's kept me from walking out the door having spent an entire paycheck like a lot of folks seem to do every time they go.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Weird I get like apples and grapes and artichokes from Costco all the time and they are fine for a while... Maybe it's a function of how far the Costco is from the food delivery place or something.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
My nearest costco is 3 hours away... but we have a sams club which i have not been to ever!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Their knockoff outdoor clothing is pretty good. Softshell jackets and puffer coats are pretty much identical to Colombia and North Face.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my costco currently has a whole middle isle filled with holiday chocolates and other poo poo

giant tins of chocolate gold coins etc

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

ya gently caress I don't have kids either but I can figure out what to do with a lb of broccoli in a week youfucking poor

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

FogHelmut posted:

Their knockoff outdoor clothing is pretty good. Softshell jackets and puffer coats are pretty much identical to Colombia and North Face.

Yea, I wear that stuff, it's pretty good. We also carry the real brands like Patagonia and stuff but even at 30% off rei price I'm still gonna wear the $30 off brand poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If you just go for just staples then it's already amazing.

I go there for other things of course but I go maybe every few months for toilet paper/paper towels/kleenex, etc.

I still have some of my toilet paper left (Kirkland, 2-ply, good stuff) that I bought a couple months ago. 30 rolls for maybe $15.

naem
May 29, 2011

HATECUBE posted:

I went to law school there

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

If you just go for just staples then it's already amazing.

For a second I thought you were referring to actual staples and thought, "yeah, their office supplies are pretty cheap." A good place to buy markers or canned air if that's your thing.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

are you single? if so, probably not. Gas is cheaper but probably a wash with a 30 minute drive at best.

It's worth the 30 minute drive if you have a 32 gallon gas tank.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tomato Burger posted:

For a second I thought you were referring to actual staples and thought, "yeah, their office supplies are pretty cheap." A good place to buy markers or canned air if that's your thing.

I bet they have a pack of 100,000 staples for like $5.

I was looking for the word essentials, but staples came out first.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Yo the giant bags of Beer Chips are loving legit. Delicious.

Also the giant can of honey roasted mixed nuts that's on sale for $10 right now is amazing. Not even lovely peanuts, its full of macadamia, walnuts, and the good kinds.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Also the giant can of honey roasted mixed nuts that's on sale for $10 right now is amazing. Not even lovely peanuts, its full of macadamia, walnuts, and the good kinds.

Are those beer chips actually beer flavored? Or just intended to be eaten with beer like beer nuts

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Are those beer chips actually beer flavored? Or just intended to be eaten with beer like beer nuts

They taste like a light beer. I'm not even a fan of light beer so much, but I can't stop eating these loving things.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did you seriously just say honey roasted peanuts are lovely

You loving monster

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I've got a bunch of COST stock, they should give me free membership. :|

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jesus Christ posted:

I've got a bunch of COST stock, they should give me free membership. :|

You get a dividend, don't you?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Teikanmi posted:

Did you seriously just say honey roasted peanuts are lovely

You loving monster

Uh no but usually when you get a mix of nuts like 85% of them are peanuts because they are the cheapest nut. This mix has no cheap nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tiny Lowtax posted:

That might be a regional thing, we don't have either of those here in the California costco's I go to. Sounds good though, they have plain plastic square jugs of mixed nuts for like $13 that are good as hell but not honey roasted.

It sucks finding an awesome new product at Costco and then they stop carrying it a month later. There was some really good spicy haberno cheese they had for a little bit that I was addicted to but no more.