Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So is the new meta to claim stupid poo poo to get yourself voted off ASAP as town?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Hello and welcome to NES/FAM Accessory Mafia, a role madness game for 13 15?? player. The NES/FAM had a lot of amazing but also horrendous accessories, so in this game everyone is an accessory. As a cool and good accessory, your goal is to eliminate the trash accessories for the console.

Jimmy Hats posted:

also I am a real man and men full claim day 1 so uh I'm the stupid 3d famicom thing and that double vote is mine. (cuz cuz the 3d is done with 2 images get it??!?!?!?!?) Mafia won't even night kill me because they know I am poo poo and will double vote town into the goddamn trash can by accident.

I also hate sending pms to add a secret second vote so i'mma just post them in the thread if that is OK???

Wikipedia posted:

The 3D System was not commercially successful and, as a result, was never released outside Japan.[2] Criticisms included the clunkiness of the glasses and the limited selection of compatible titles.

Hurrrrmmmmm

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

yeah you'll see I later posted that kash is an idiot for including the lovely 3d thing as town

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Tobbs you went into today gunning for me, now when multiple people call you out for your weird "I'm vanilla" post you've completely switched gears, going as far as to wikipedia search another person's claimed accessory?

I also find JHats to be a bit on the scummy side but your complete 180 is also off putting.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

JHats did this exact thing in Shine 3 where he claimed Voodoo Master and ended up flipping scum Voodoo Master. I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is happening again here, in my experience double voters are usually scum.

Sorry in advance if this counts as discussing ongoing games but I feel like it's relevant here.

Double-voter is listed as a town role so your post stood out to me. It's like saying "Rolecops are usually town."

However, we've already had a town double-nightvig and a cop flip so a scum double-voter is possible, and JimHats' accessory is verifiably lovely, and Kash told us the lovely NES accessories were scum.

So I'm starting to wonder if JimHats basically told us he was scum, looked up his own accessory, then Went, "Oh poo poo I'm a lovely accessory but I'm still town don't mind me."

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Double-voter is listed as a town role so your post stood out to me. It's like saying "Rolecops are usually town."

However, we've already had a town double-nightvig and a cop flip so a scum double-voter is possible, and JimHats' accessory is verifiably lovely, and Kash told us the lovely NES accessories were scum.

So I'm starting to wonder if JimHats basically told us he was scum, looked up his own accessory, then Went, "Oh poo poo I'm a lovely accessory but I'm still town don't mind me."

I'm not THAT dumb

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm not THAT dumb

ILU gannygrabber but in Shine 3 the thing that stopped me from lynching you was the, "There's no way he could be that dumb." defense and I was so, so wrong

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I wikipedia'd my own accessory and while it doesn't use fun phrases like "resounding success" or "successful", it did at least sell in the US and EU after it had its debut in Japan.

I'm curious what other people get when they do that. It is entirely possible given how much :effort: went into this game that Kash just wiki'd a bunch of accessories and used that.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
So PLEASE explain to me why you would flavor claim one of the shittiest NES accessories D1 in a game where the mod explicitly tells us where scum get lovely NES accessories

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

I wikipedia'd my own accessory and while it doesn't use fun phrases like "resounding success" or "successful", it did at least sell in the US and EU after it had its debut in Japan.

I'm curious what other people get when they do that. It is entirely possible given how much :effort: went into this game that Kash just wiki'd a bunch of accessories and used that.

Mine (paraphrasing) wasn't widely distributed but that was listed on Wikipedia as a massive disappointment because it was apparently a super cool accessory that people really liked.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I honestly have a hard time believing my accessory could be described as good and cool. Like it's something you'd get out of an infomercial it's so overdesigned and doesn't need to exist.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I honestly have a hard time believing my accessory could be described as good and cool. Like it's something you'd get out of an infomercial it's so overdesigned and doesn't need to exist.

but is it explicitly described as bad, had a poor reception etc?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

but is it explicitly described as bad, had a poor reception etc?

It's not really described as anything, just what it is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i dont want to be rude but flavor discussion is bad and dumb and I hate it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My item had a weak reception and was only released in Japan.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tired Moritz posted:

I'll grant that it will be far more useful when we have an actual scum flip but this game is explicitly stated to be "bad accessories vs good accessories" so it is definitely going to be worthwhile at some point in the game.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

This guy got the NES Lockout.

No, but seriously, I can't even find a wikipedia article for mine, so not sure this is a productive path to go down.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So PLEASE explain to me why you would flavor claim one of the shittiest NES accessories D1 in a game where the mod explicitly tells us where scum get lovely NES accessories

I explained that too you gotta read the thread dude

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

ILU gannygrabber but in Shine 3 the thing that stopped me from lynching you was the, "There's no way he could be that dumb." defense and I was so, so wrong

also I got burned in that game (DON'T DISCUSS ONGOING GAMES GUYS!!!!!!) because I didn't know that my exact role had existed in a previous game I wasn't a part of and had not been told by anyone on my team or by podima

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jimmy Hats posted:

also I got burned in that game (DON'T DISCUSS ONGOING GAMES GUYS!!!!!!) because I didn't know that my exact role had existed in a previous game I wasn't a part of and had not been told by anyone on my team or by podima

That game isn't ongoing :D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think flavour discussion in a game where the role PM is literally

accessory name
role
alignment

Is bad and dumb and anyone still bringing it up as a way to hunt scum is a loving idiot.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimmy Hats posted:

No longer ongoing. :)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Infinitum posted:

accessory name
role
alignment

Is bad and dumb and anyone still bringing it up as a way to hunt scum is a loving idiot.

I... AGREE

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

King Burgundy posted:

No longer ongoing. :)

did I win?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

accessory name
role
alignment

I think you mean "approximately" not "literally" since town get

accessory name
alignment
role
description
and a cute picture of a (I'm not telling you what I am you fiends)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jimmy Hats posted:

did I win?

aww butts poor stickup

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
:ghost: lmao :ghost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Someone who claims SK

Then doubles down and continues to claim SK

Then flips Town Vig

Thus depriving town of Night Vig

Is a loving idiot

👏Hope👏That👏Helps👏

Joke phase is joke phase, it's established mafia play on these forums. Anyone taking day one claims without a grain of salt is scummy as unwashed balls.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also trying to get caught up ducking sucks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Infinitum, asiina are top scumspects right now. Also my action failed last night so I was blocked or my target was untargetable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Joke phase is joke phase, it's established mafia play on these forums. Anyone taking day one claims without a grain of salt is scummy as unwashed balls.

He was at -2 and I told him I was voting for him unless he claimed properly

So he double downed and claimed SK

The fact that you think otherwise is scummy as balllllllllllllllssssssssssssssssss

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also trying to get caught up ducking sucks.

Making alignment calls while still catching up on the thread

Solid scum effort here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Inf is probably scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Inf is correct.

How is it jokephase when he never backed away from the claim?

That's garbage.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think CPig might be a scum, but it's mostly a vague gutread.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Inf is probably scum.

I know you are

You said you are

So what am I

Town

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

I know you are

You said you are

So what am I

Town

Ok i like this response inf is town.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

I think CPig might be a scum, but it's mostly a vague gutread.

nah you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm going to double down on my alignment calls. Inf is always boisterous, but only in this manner as scum, and Asiina, is a harder read. I thought I had a reliable meta for her pegged, but meta is poo poo anyhow. Still don't like her play and reasoning for voting chores yesterday.

Chores aka Bacon butt aka dongotron aka penile automaton, is the idiot we've known to come and love. His play is predictable and nothing about his claiming or interactions d1 gave me serious vibes. Like I said, fools, scum and jokers claim d1. Foolish joker he was but not scum and that seemed apparent to me.

• Locked thread