Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Although the last two times pig has heralded my casework even remotely he was scum :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

Inf is correct.

How is it jokephase when he never backed away from the claim?

That's garbage.

This isn't a good argument though bc you said you weren't going to move off him from the beginning.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Anyone who is using flavor or setup spec to hunt scum is not doing it right

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
I think flavor arguments will be useful this game and I am not ashamed of that opinion.

I am however willing to grant that we may need more flips before that becomes true.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Truth Quark posted:

I am not ashamed of that opinion.

You should be

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm going to double down on my alignment calls. Inf is always boisterous, but only in this manner as scum, and Asiina, is a harder read. I thought I had a reliable meta for her pegged, but meta is poo poo anyhow. Still don't like her play and reasoning for voting chores yesterday.

Chores aka Bacon butt aka dongotron aka penile automaton, is the idiot we've known to come and love. His play is predictable and nothing about his claiming or interactions d1 gave me serious vibes. Like I said, fools, scum and jokers claim d1. Foolish joker he was but not scum and that seemed apparent to me.

I can't agree with this. What he did was not town play.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Anyone who is using flavor or setup spec to hunt scum is not doing it right

But pegging someone in the first few minutes of D1 as scum for a meta that requires multiple days to see is?

AN is still scummy.

##vote AN

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

I think flavor arguments will be useful this game and I am not ashamed of that opinion.

I am however willing to grant that we may need more flips before that becomes true.

I want to agree with you. But Kash put so little effort into the PM's that I'm not sure it will be true. We'll see after some more flips probably.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Once i inevitibly flip and everyone sees i am a poo poo product but town the whole flavour thing is gonna go out the window

Anyways gonna go ahead and ##vote cpig because it is tradition. Gonna put my secret vote on someone soon too! Spooooooky.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

This isn't a good argument though bc you said you weren't going to move off him from the beginning.

I wasn't the only one on the vote!

Anyway yes, I believe ANarc is scum ##vote ANarc

Would also vote CPig but I don't see my gutread being very convincing to anyone else.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

I wasn't the only one on the vote!

That doesn't absolve you tho

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

But pegging someone in the first few minutes of D1 as scum for a meta that requires multiple days to see is?

AN is still scummy.

##vote AN

ANarc wasn't a part of the chores lynch, which was a super easy push D1.

She also cased Asiina but didn't think it warranted a vote.

Could ANarc be scum? Sure, but are you saying this is the best case out there KB?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

ANarc wasn't a part of the chores lynch, which was a super easy push D1.

She also cased Asiina but didn't think it warranted a vote.

Could ANarc be scum? Sure, but are you saying this is the best case out there KB?

It's the best one I see so far.

Do you have a better one to show me?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

My accessory is amazing. I love that it exists.

Asiina posted:

Mine didn't even include an alignment. I had to get a followup PM.

Asiina posted:

I honestly have a hard time believing my accessory could be described as good and cool. Like it's something you'd get out of an infomercial it's so overdesigned and doesn't need to exist.

Take for example, Asiina. Her accessory is amazing. Kashuno screwed up a role PM that consists of four lines. Asiina now describes her accessory as super lovely once flavor arguments are introduced into discussion?

Like what is going on here? Seems like Asiina thought flavor was important so she fake-claimed up front that she was good and cool, then forgot about it and backtracked to defend other people who came out saying that they had lovely accessories.

Gonna go ahead and ##vote Asiina because I'm pretty sure she's a scummy scumbutt

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The votes on the chores lynch are pretty much categorically worthless because he was a loving idiot who was given every chance to back out of the jokephase claim and has now cost us a 2 shot night vig.

If you're going to analyse them, at least analyse the posts players made surrounding the vote.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

The votes on the chores lynch are pretty much categorically worthless because he was a loving idiot who was given every chance to back out of the jokephase claim and has now cost us a 2 shot night vig.

If you're going to analyse them, at least analyse the posts players made surrounding the vote.

Like Asiina's, "I don't care that chores claimed SK during jokephase I am never moving my vote."

Come friends, let's see what a lovely scum accessory looks like. Asiina will show us.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Take for example, Asiina. Her accessory is amazing. Kashuno screwed up a role PM that consists of four lines. Asiina now describes her accessory as super lovely once flavor arguments are introduced into discussion?

Like what is going on here? Seems like Asiina thought flavor was important so she fake-claimed up front that she was good and cool, then forgot about it and backtracked to defend other people who came out saying that they had lovely accessories.

Gonna go ahead and ##vote Asiina because I'm pretty sure she's a scummy scumbutt

Yeah, I read that as consistent. She's saying amazing like "OMG I can't believe this thing exists".

I'm null on her at the moment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sure but Asiina is one of those All-mafs-games-must-be-serious-and-no-joke-posting players.

I agree that her saying that she wouldn't change is probably a note for concern, but I'd like to see a little more casework than just that before I plop a vote down.

And I sure do like plopping votes down, don't I CPig
This is a shitpost joke

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I read that as consistent. She's saying amazing like "OMG I can't believe this thing exists".

I'm null on her at the moment.

r u srs

like, re-read it. She uses the exact opposite words to describe the same thing

That's the dictionary definition of inconsistent, I will re-quote it and bold it for you for increased reading comprehension.

Asiina posted:

My accessory is amazing. I love that it exists.

Asiina posted:

I honestly have a hard time believing my accessory could be described as good and cool. Like it's something you'd get out of an infomercial it's so overdesigned and doesn't need to exist.

Like, people can read it for themselves sure but that's an inconsistency dude.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

r u srs

like, re-read it. She uses the exact opposite words to describe the same thing

That's the dictionary definition of inconsistent, I will re-quote it and bold it for you for increased reading comprehension.

Like, people can read it for themselves sure but that's an inconsistency dude.

Totally serious. It's the "I love that it exists." part that lets me know how she really feels. It couples well with the "doesn't need to exist" she says later. To me it's clear the reason she loves that it exists is that it shouldn't.

I mean, it helps that none of that accessories for the NES were really that exciting, so I take anyone saying something like that as doing it ironically.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm all about hounding people for inconsistencies. I don't think that is one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I love BOLDING words

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote Asiina

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

I'm all about hounding people for inconsistencies. I don't think that is one.

Well I believe that she is scum and if it's an issue she can always claim her accessory which is:

Amazing, but couldn't be described as good and cool. Also she can tell us why loves that it exists, despite it looking like an overdesigned infomercial relic that it doesn't need to exist.

At the very least it will be fun to read, and if it's as useless as she makes it out to be it won't give us an idea of her role anyways.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cool.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying what it is because it absolutely will say what my role is and gently caress that.

I love that it exists because it's dumb as hell. I enjoy dumb as hell things that shouldn't exist because like, why do you need this thing? WHY DO YOU NEED TO PURCHASE THIS THING AND WHY DOES THIS THING WITH A SINGULAR PURPOSE EXIST WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER THINGS THAT COULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING WHILE ALSO DOING OTHER THINGS!

It's the same reason I love this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFeVlw2Ywg

Sweet flavour argument tho.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Once again Inf is correct.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yeah and I stand by that because it is a lovely thing for town to do.

I also am not going to look poorly on other people voting for him because he gave every reason to be voted for and I don't blame anyone for that.

I am going to look suspiciously at people who are being all smug with I Told You So when there was no indication at all that he was lying other than "lol that chores guy is such a card." That's not how this poo poo works.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I'm not saying what it is because it absolutely will say what my role is and gently caress that.

I love that it exists because it's dumb as hell. I enjoy dumb as hell things that shouldn't exist because like, why do you need this thing? WHY DO YOU NEED TO PURCHASE THIS THING AND WHY DOES THIS THING WITH A SINGULAR PURPOSE EXIST WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER THINGS THAT COULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING WHILE ALSO DOING OTHER THINGS!

It's the same reason I love this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFeVlw2Ywg

Sweet flavour argument tho.

Yeah, it's not an argument based on flavor. It's an argument based on catching you in a lie :)

Also, if you look at the list of accessories (which I just did) there's only one that would give up a player's role, and you would never say, "It's amazing. I love that it exists." Because it's the NES Lockout and if that's not a scum accessory I don't know what is.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah, it's not an argument based on flavor. It's an argument based on catching you in a lie :)

I'm sorry you can't enjoy useless items for being hilariously useless.

Also we've already had someone say their accessory wasn't on the wiki so once again, you're making a flavour argument when we don't even know what scum flavour is.

GJ

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I'm sorry you can't enjoy useless items for being hilariously useless.

Also we've already had someone say their accessory wasn't on the wiki so once again, you're making a flavour argument when we don't even know what scum flavour is.

GJ

I'm not making an argument about your flavor. I don't know your flavor, you've made certain of that.

I'm making an argument about you describing one thing, in two different places, using opposite words.

Because you are scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Gulag would always claim SK and poo poo wouldn't come of that. Why is chores claiming it any different?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Because he isn't Gulag, scummy mc scumminson

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Because he isn't Gulag, scummy mc scumminson

So you have a meta justification for voting chores?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think you and asiina reconciled that he might actually be capable of killing people and instead of chance it, even with the probability of him hitting town, stuck to the lynch and town piled on because it was easy. Also still think James Hats is double voter gf.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So you have a meta justification for voting chores?

I already answered this exact question for you before scumbo mcscumsho

"HEY CHORES CLAIM OTHERWISE I'M VOTING YOU"
"OK FORUM POSTER INFINITUM, I AM A SERIAL KILLER LIKE I SAID I WAS BEFORE"
"WOW OK THEN. YOU ARE PROBABLY A JESTER OR SOME BULLSHIT, BUT YOU DEF AS gently caress AIN'T TOWN"

You are literally forgetting poo poo from like 2 pages ago and I really really think you're scum at this point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina is still one of my scumspects, but you are far and away pinging my scumdar more at the moment

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

I already answered this exact question for you before scumbo mcscumsho

"HEY CHORES CLAIM OTHERWISE I'M VOTING YOU"
"OK FORUM POSTER INFINITUM, I AM A SERIAL KILLER LIKE I SAID I WAS BEFORE"
"WOW OK THEN. YOU ARE PROBABLY A JESTER OR SOME BULLSHIT, BUT YOU DEF AS gently caress AIN'T TOWN"

You are literally forgetting poo poo from like 2 pages ago and I really really think you're scum at this point.

So you would vote the jester to satisfy his wincon? Also you're being obtuse. I made a point to say another forums user employed the same d1 joke, and it was moot, true or not. The meta justification is that you said he's not Gulag. I mean you can argue it's preference, but don't bullshit us with some not good reasons.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Asiina is still one of my scumspects, but you are far and away pinging my scumdar more at the moment

##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Tell me why asiina is a scumspect for you? Also your scumdar needs recalibration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So you would vote the jester to satisfy his wincon?

I would vote the jester D1 because he had the balls to do it.

Do I strike you as the sort of player that is all serious, or do I strike you as the player that would be in it for the most comedy pay out?

Because a D1 jesterbomb would be hi-loving-larious if he was.

Turns out he was just a dumbarse town actively working against his wincon, and should be called out on it once the game ends and we have our retrospective.

Tell me why asiina is a scumspect for you?

I'm warming up to Tobbs case a little bit, a couple of things said don't grok, and I like pressure vote style play.

• Locked thread