Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like seriously he went from

0 votes on him:
"Hey I'm SK"

A Bunch of votes:
"No really I'm the SK"

At -2:
"Guys I'm the SK"

At -1:
"Wait guys I'm a town-aligned SK don't lynch me"
"I'm still an SK tho"
"Actually I'm a Death miller as well"

So anyone loving analysing votes made on Chores D1 is either a loving idiot, or scummy as gently caress.
All the votes on him are worthless because Chores hosed town over.

Sorry that I'm being brusque, but holy hell that was stupid and we've lost the cop N1 on top of it, so town is in a really bad spot so I don't have the time of day for schmucks wasting towns time with lovely analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I made a point to say another forums user employed the same d1 joke, and it was moot, true or not.

And to make another point, I was the one that had to go lookup who normally made the "I'm a SK" joke with their initial D1 post, because I wanted to verify this point before voting him.
So the fact you're pointing it out like it somehow absolves you for not voting Chores is laughable.

You're scum.
Plain and simple mate.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

And to make another point, I was the one that had to go lookup who normally made the "I'm a SK" joke with their initial D1 post, because I wanted to verify this point before voting him.
So the fact you're pointing it out like it somehow absolves you for not voting Chores is laughable.

You're scum.
Plain and simple mate.

Only I'm not scum. Your conviction here is a bit assuring though. Still feel ways about asiina, still feel ways about james

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

got some chores tonight posted:

my posting idol gulagdolls

nah im going to sk asiina then claim 1-shot nightvig then sk someone n2 and claim 2-shot nightvig then ill be lynched and then ill flip 2-shot nightvig and really troll the poo poo out of you nerds

or ill be lynched d1 and bump the timetable up a lil bit

should i say im town-aligned serial killer at this point or is it too late

Infinitum posted:

Still inclined to vote chores because he's not playing this off as "lol what a weird and wacky role to be a town sk!" + claiming it earlier with 0 pressure

##vote chores

ok i take it back im not an sk please dont lynch me

which accessory do you think an sk would be

im just incredibly disgruntled i joined the nes accessory game and i got the accessory everyone had and knew about i thought this was supposed to be learning experience

I mean, it's chores so you have to know how to read him, but saying he was a serial killer death millered to flip town is a pretty obvious joke.

Until he claimed town-aligned night vig with the flavor of laser gun, yeah, I thought he was a jester or something.

After he serious-claimed I thought for sure he wouldn't be lynched, because that would be an insanely stupid move for town, but here we are.

hosed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I love joke phase. It's great. Long live joke phase all phases.

But when someone is at -2 and you double down when someone asks you to claim properl, then gently caress that person.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm done discussing it. You want to keep bringing it up and wasting time be my guest, but it's pointless discussion at this point as far as I'm concerned.

He played against his wincon and screwed town over.

That's it. There's no great mystery to be had here.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
I agree with Inf and I am pretty sure at least one of "wow you guys are so stupid how did you not see he was town" crowd stayed off the lynch on purpose so they could use this exact argument.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

im just incredibly disgruntled i joined the nes accessory game and i got the accessory everyone had and knew about i thought this was supposed to be learning experience

King Burgundy posted:

Are you claiming lightgun?

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not defending Asiina in any way. Why do you think I am? I find someone incredibly suspicious for claiming a meta read on someone right at the start of the game. Especially a meta that requires way more time than that to see in action. It was utter nonsense and made up.

Asiina could still be bad, but it wouldn't be for the reasons AN is pursuing.

Chores sk claimed. That's enough for me.

Yeah, chores didn't explicitly answer KB's question afterwards, but rather than pressing the inquiry KB decided to ignore it and follow through with the lynch (even after correctly deducing chores' role).

Also, his stated reason for lynching chores is the initial SK claim, as if he believes that chores was giving up with his first post by honestly claiming self-aligned serial killer.

My scum picks are KB, Asiina, and Jimmy Hats.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I think you and asiina reconciled that he might actually be capable of killing people and instead of chance it, even with the probability of him hitting town, stuck to the lynch and town piled on because it was easy. Also still think James Hats is double voter gf.

I like this post the best because it is the one that demonstrates the complete fabrication of this narrative.

I voted first. Inf voted at -2. There was a whole bunch of people who voted in the interim and also people who said they didn't regret the lynch after it happened, but Inf and I are scum manipulating poor dumb town because?

Your reasons don't line up with reality. What about what happened makes both inf and I scum, but everyone else innocent?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah, chores didn't explicitly answer KB's question afterwards, but rather than pressing the inquiry KB decided to ignore it and follow through with the lynch (even after correctly deducing chores' role).

Also, his stated reason for lynching chores is the initial SK claim, as if he believes that chores was giving up with his first post by honestly claiming self-aligned serial killer.

More flavour arguments.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I like this post the best because it is the one that demonstrates the complete fabrication of this narrative.

I voted first. Inf voted at -2. There was a whole bunch of people who voted in the interim and also people who said they didn't regret the lynch after it happened, but Inf and I are scum manipulating poor dumb town because?

Your reasons don't line up with reality. What about what happened makes both inf and I scum, but everyone else innocent?

You are scum (as is KB) because your reason for lynching chores is.

"He claimed SK, I'm gonna vote him and I'm not changing it under any circumstances."

As scum, it gives you an easy lynch to push, but the reasoning is weak as hell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes I'm going to vote the person claiming SK because there is zero town reason to do it.

The fact that he stuck to it later and that was enough to convince a majority of people is just more anti-town behavior but the first act was enough for me.

I refuse to apologize for lynching someone playing against their wincon.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Hello and welcome to NES/FAM Accessory Mafia, a role madness game for 13 15?? player. The NES/FAM had a lot of amazing but also horrendous accessories, so in this game everyone is an accessory. As a cool and good accessory, your goal is to eliminate the trash accessories for the console.

The light gun is a cool and good accessory, dingus.

I am R.O.B.

Wikipedia posted:

In addition to its status as a peripheral, R.O.B. has appeared in various video games, either in cameos or as a playable character.

The creation and marketing of R.O.B. as a "Trojan Horse" after the North American video game crash of 1983 was placed fifth in GameSpy's twenty-five smartest moves in gaming history. Yahoo! ranked R.O.B. as one of the craziest video game controllers and noted the unfortunate fact that the peripheral only worked with two games.

I am a cool and good accessory. The light gun was a cool and good accessory. The power glove was a cool and good accessory. I'm not dead yet, but when I am you will see that I am town.

What are you? Because I think you are playing a scummy game, and if we find out what you are, we will all see that you are not cool and good and we will decide to lynch you in this game where flavor is important :)

Also I find it odd that ANarc is harping on flavor arguments when we literally just finished a game she hosted where scum had flavor that would give them away.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
"I'm not making flavour arguments."

*makes a giant post of flavour arguments*

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is the fakest post. KB voted Chores during joke phase, but he hopped off that vote to look at ANarc and never went back. Tobbs is arguing that KB lynched someone when he wasn't on the lynch.

##vote Tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jedit posted:

This is the fakest post. KB voted Chores during joke phase, but he hopped off that vote to look at ANarc and never went back. Tobbs is arguing that KB lynched someone when he wasn't on the lynch.

##vote Tobbs

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not defending Asiina in any way. Why do you think I am? I find someone incredibly suspicious for claiming a meta read on someone right at the start of the game. Especially a meta that requires way more time than that to see in action. It was utter nonsense and made up.

Asiina could still be bad, but it wouldn't be for the reasons AN is pursuing.

Chores sk claimed. That's enough for me.

King Burgundy posted:

I wasn't on the vote, but I would have been. Also wouldn't regret it.

King Burgundy posted:

Eh, I agree that double voters are usually scum, but Survivors aren't usually town either. So not sure we can take that for granted.

I still like Chores/AN for scum currently.

I also like AA's take on Jedit. I did find it odd that between Chores and FL he was jumping on FL.

Why hello Jedit. Agree 100%, KB's vote on chores was a total joke and he never looked back.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

Yeah and I stand by that because it is a lovely thing for town to do.

I also am not going to look poorly on other people voting for him because he gave every reason to be voted for and I don't blame anyone for that.

I am going to look suspiciously at people who are being all smug with I Told You So when there was no indication at all that he was lying other than "lol that chores guy is such a card." That's not how this poo poo works.

Because it's a very towny thing to place a vote on an sk claim during early d1 jokephase and refuse to change it?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Because it's a very towny thing to place a vote on an sk claim during early d1 jokephase and refuse to change it?

Yes because there's no good reason to claim sk, even in joke phase.

Is it townie to case someone on actions they haven't done yet?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We just finished another game where I had to constantly correct you and you were town, so I'm going to assume for now that this isn't scum behavior, but fyi, you are wrong again.

I didn't press the inquiry because I wanted to cuddle AN. I wasn't even on the chores cuddle, in part, because I didn't realize deadline was that soon. I missed it entirely and came back to the thread like a couple minutes after deadline after I put the kid to bed. Now, if I'd been in thread, sure, I would have hopped on, but I wasn't. So your pursuit of this is ridiculous, wrong, and scummy.

Since you seem to be calling me scum for something I didn't even do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also note what you quoted was me answering questions about my scum reads(to someone who wasn't in the game, rofl). And notice how I still spent most of my words on AN, my best scum pick.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jedit posted:

##vote Tobbs

Tobbs post is bad, but Chores was my second choice and I stand by it as a good cuddle even if I didn't do it.

The part that makes Tobbs post extra bad though is you are right that he is focusing on someone who wasn't even on the cuddle.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why hello Jedit. Agree 100%, KB's vote on chores was a total joke and he never looked back.

And now you are saying other things that aren't there.

I don't remember you doing that in Shine, so maybe you really are scum this game.

Jedit didn't say my vote was a joke vote. You are putting words in his mouth.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Who are the scum AN? Show us some of this correct scum hunting you want to espouse.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

As an FYI, AN has yet to vote for anyone this game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Who are the scum AN? Show us some of this correct scum hunting you want to espouse.

Until asiina recalled lurker policy, she intended to lock in and leave. I get that this is a sardonic statement, but that intention is anti town.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote anarc

Puttin' my money where my mouth is.

My focus is laserlike.

An is scum.

pew pew pew

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jedit posted:

##vote Tobbs

King Burgundy posted:

I don't remember you doing that in Shine, so maybe you really are scum this game.

He said that you voted him during joke phase, but hopped off to look at ANarc and never went back.

How do you interpret it, KB? Because when someone says that the vote was made during joke phase and then abandoned, some people might interpret it exactly the way I did

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Until asiina recalled lurker policy, she intended to lock in and leave. I get that this is a sardonic statement, but that intention is anti town.

I disagree.

If she had really stayed away from the thread after that, I could have been swayed. But AN didn't wait to see if that meta played out and it looks wrong and bad. Like, she really needed something to latch onto so she could say something in thread.

Note she never voted on it.

She never voted on anything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yes, that's why this has been my first post since those music video posts where I hit the post minimum.

Oh wait.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

He said that you voted him during joke phase, but hopped off to look at ANarc and never went back.

How do you interpret it, KB? Because when someone says that the vote was made during joke phase and then abandoned, some people might interpret it exactly the way I did

And you might be wrong, just like you seem to interpret lots of things wrong.

I can't say for sure till he gets in here and clarifies, but you put words in his mouth. He didn't say what you are ascribing to him.

Now, if that is what he intended, he is also wrong, and I made that clear in my response to him. :)

My interpretation, and I admit this could be wrong, was that my focus was on AN after an early game vote. And he's right if so.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs, can you tell me what your most recent scum game was so I can take a gander at it?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

So ANarc/bowmore scumteam then. Cool, cool.

This isn't a good argument though bc you said you weren't going to move off him from the beginning.

Asiina posted:

I wasn't the only one on the vote!

Anyway yes, I believe ANarc is scum ##vote ANarc

Would also vote CPig but I don't see my gutread being very convincing to anyone else.

The first post is the only time Asiina mentions ANarc. The second is when ANarc calls out Asiina for saying she was going to stay on a vote and not move off it under any circumstances, which is actually good reasoning.

Asiina's sole explanation is, well, there is none. It's an empty vote.

So let's look at Asiina's cases this game.

D1: "Chores claimed SK I'm gonna vote him and never change it."
D2: "ANarc is scum but I'm going to provide literally zero reasoning."

I mean, you guys can disbelieve the contradictions I found if you want, but Asiina is extremely scummy.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Tobbs, can you tell me what your most recent scum game was so I can take a gander at it?

lol, ANarc's game

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794491

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Quite an excellent game if I do say so myself

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

King Burgundy posted:

That's not correct. I said you voted in joke phase then withdrew. There was an implication in there that can be forgiven. Where Tobbs is putting words in my mouth is when he says I said you never looked back. What I said was that you never went back - which you didn't. You continued to discuss Chores as a possibility, but you didn't vote for him again. I voted Tobbs because he said you pushed through the lynch, which is a straight up untruth.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quite an excellent game if I do say so myself

I enjoyed it. Except for the dying part that sucked so hard.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The first post is the only time Asiina mentions ANarc. The second is when ANarc calls out Asiina for saying she was going to stay on a vote and not move off it under any circumstances, which is actually good reasoning.

Asiina's sole explanation is, well, there is none. It's an empty vote.

So let's look at Asiina's cases this game.

D1: "Chores claimed SK I'm gonna vote him and never change it."
D2: "ANarc is scum but I'm going to provide literally zero reasoning."

I mean, you guys can disbelieve the contradictions I found if you want, but Asiina is extremely scummy.

Try again there friend:

Asiina posted:

I am not lurking or whatever garbage people are saying but I'm not changing my vote. I believe it to be a true claim and I will always vote someone who claims scum or SK. I will die on this hill.

I would also vote bowmore (tomorrow, not today), for making lovely half assed meta arguments.

ANarc's argument is also bad because she is voting me for lurking when I was being the loudest person in the thread. It's like she's voting me for lurking that hasn't happened yet. Future lurking.

This is the truest statement in the thread. Maybe the truest statement in all possible threads.

I honestly wonder if you're reading the thread or just skimming because you're getting a whole lot of facts wrong.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
For the millionth time, I didn't say anything about asiina lurking. Here's that post:

What the heck is this? Looks to me like scum asiina who hates being scum and is going to barely put any effort into the game.

It's a known meta, not that asiina lurks as scum, but that she doesn't like being scum. So this drive by vote with a terrible reason and her specifically stating that she wouldn't change it, seems a lot to me like barely any effort.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jedit posted:

That's not correct. I said you voted in joke phase then withdrew. There was an implication in there that can be forgiven. Where Tobbs is putting words in my mouth is when he says I said you never looked back. What I said was that you never went back - which you didn't. You continued to discuss Chores as a possibility, but you didn't vote for him again. I voted Tobbs because he said you pushed through the lynch, which is a straight up untruth.

It's more that he didn't follow through with a line of inquiry that could have led to chores not getting lynched. I actually didn't notice that he wasn't on the lynch, though he was pretty open about thinking it was a good D1 lynch. I disagreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

For the millionth time, I didn't say anything about asiina lurking. Here's that post:

It's a known meta, not that asiina lurks as scum, but that she doesn't like being scum. So this drive by vote with a terrible reason and her specifically stating that she wouldn't change it, seems a lot to me like barely any effort.

If that's the case, then you're spot on, because her vote on you is without any effort, casing, or explanation at all.

• Locked thread