Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sniper_rifles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:mad:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
when a fan wiki isn't cheating

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Star_Trek#/media/File%3AStar_Trek_uniforms.jpg

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Vidding is the fan labor practice in media fandom of creating music videos from the footage of one or more visual media sources, thereby exploring the source itself in a new way. The creator may explore a single character, support a particular romantic pairing between characters, criticize or celebrate the original text, or point out an aspect of the TV show or film that they find under-appreciated which is commonly uploaded to a variety of social media outlets, the more popular being YouTube. The creators refer to themselves as "vidders", their product as "vids", "fanvids", "songvids" or the more recently adopted name "edits" and the act itself as vidding.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The General Mills campaign, "Smugglaroos", which encourages Canadians to bring Dunk-a-roos to America, where the product is discontinued, has the slogan "Make America Dunk Again"[29]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Love is the most frequent word used in the songs' lyrics, with 1057 occurrences, followed by I'm (1000 uses), oh (847 uses), know (779 uses), baby (746 uses), got (702 uses), and yeah (656 uses).[4]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sinking belle posted:

The General Mills campaign, "Smugglaroos", which encourages Canadians to bring Dunk-a-roos to America, where the product is discontinued, has the slogan "Make America Dunk Again"[29]

— Dunk-a-roos, about 5 pounds’ worth

You may remember these from the early ’90s — packs of kangaroo-shaped cookies with chocolate or vanilla frosting used as a dipping sauce. The fridge had at least 10 different packages of the things, including out-of-print vintage varieties (double fudge cookies with strawberry frosting, for example).

About the Dunk-a-roos, he wrote:

“Don’t know what 2 say about Dunk-a-roos. They’re just good! Sometimes you want a food that is comfortable and takes you back. For me, it’s those crazy little kangaroo crackers.”

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

prefect posted:

— Dunk-a-roos, about 5 pounds’ worth

You may remember these from the early ’90s — packs of kangaroo-shaped cookies with chocolate or vanilla frosting used as a dipping sauce. The fridge had at least 10 different packages of the things, including out-of-print vintage varieties (double fudge cookies with strawberry frosting, for example).

About the Dunk-a-roos, he wrote:

“Don’t know what 2 say about Dunk-a-roos. They’re just good! Sometimes you want a food that is comfortable and takes you back. For me, it’s those crazy little kangaroo crackers.”

this is one of my favorite blog posts ever and they never made it into a series because there's no way the first one could be topped

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i remember dunkaroos

i remember all my classmates getting them, but i never did, because mom and dad were hippies and no we're not goddamned buying you cookies and icing for your school lunch. eat the oatmeal carob ones your mother made

(mom was actually a fantastic cook and i miss all the food terribly now, but you know how it is in grade school)

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
carob
lollipop

(parents were and still are obsessed with organic food. the stuff was always extremely brown)

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

haveblue posted:

Love is the most frequent word used in the songs' lyrics, with 1057 occurrences, followed by I'm (1000 uses), oh (847 uses), know (779 uses), baby (746 uses), got (702 uses), and yeah (656 uses).[4]

I love m-flo

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
Quote <> edit

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Little_kingsfan2005/Awards_and_decorations

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i dunno if that's entirely useless

Lieutenant Colonel John “Hannibal” Smith, US Army Special Forces, Medal of Honor Recipient (dishonorable discharge, 1972) (d. 1994) — Commanding Officer, the A-Team (1972–1972, dishonorable discharge) — George Peppard†: The A-Team
Staff Sergeant Kesuke Miyagi, US Army (honorable discharge, 1946), Medal of Honor Recipient (d. 2005) — Non-Commissioned Officer, 442nd Regimental Combat Team (1942–1946, honorable discharge) — Pat Morita†: The Karate Kid

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i`m the fanfiction sections for every medal

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitterature

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Maxine attends a humongous dotcom-style-excess party, sponsored by Gabriel Ice on Saturday night, September 8. Everyone is partying like it's 1999.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

haveblue posted:

are you saying that sticking feathers up my butt does make me a chicken?

im no farmer but im p sure chicken feathers don't grow out of their butt. actually if you want to be a chicken ur gonna need to merge your anus and genitals into a nice cloaca.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

doesnt it make you a macaroni?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WrenP-Complete posted:

doesnt it make you a macaroni?

putting it in your hat makes you macaroni, putting it up your rear end makes you a jabroni

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

putting it in your hat makes you macaroni, putting it up your rear end makes you a jabroni
itym the lead singer for leonard and the love gods

Graff
May 10, 2012

A. oryzae is a supporting character (of sorts) in the manga series Moyasimon: Tales of Agriculture and its anime adaptation.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
(The category's three identity morphisms 1X, 1Y and 1Z, if explicitly represented, would appear as three arrows, next to the letters X, Y, and Z, respectively, each having as its "shaft" a circular arc measuring almost 360 degrees.)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Mathematicians should be banned from editing math articles

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

Cohomology is something in higher math which is used to solve math problems.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FMguru posted:

itym the lead singer for leonard and the love gods

:rock:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i scream you scream we all scream FOR HEROIN

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
When asked about distinctive features of their signing, Black Deaf signers tended to identify a number of idioms borrowed from AAE.[38] Some were literal translations like 🇮 🇫🇪🇪🇱 🇾🇴🇺 or 🇬🇮🇷🇱 🇵🇱🇪🇦🇸🇪 which are signed the standard way but have meanings different from their literal interpretation.[39][40] Other loan words modified existing signs like 🇸🇹🇴🇵 🇹🇷🇮🇵🇵🇮🇳🇬 which took the bent-v handshape of trip and moved it up to the head to indicate a new meaning of "stop imagining things."[41]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

yeah i got in an argument about this in grad school

i complained about the majority of technical articles (iirc the one in question was something about a computer graphics technique) having no high-level summary or attempt to explain the topic to non-experts, just masses of unreferenced equations and jargon straight from a textbook.

the guy who i was talking to, a wikipedia editor, argued that anyone who had any business looking up said article should understand the content, and the point was to be an accurate reference, not to "dumb it down for the masses"

which,

as you know,

is the entire point

of an encyclopedia

Graff
May 10, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

the guy who i was talking to, a wikipedia editor

my highly trained consultant instincts tell me that I have isolated the root cause of the problem for you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yes well we all know what kind of person ends up in grad school

Graff
May 10, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

yes well we all know what kind of person ends up in grad school

i issued the wryest of chuckles

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

yeah i got in an argument about this in grad school

i complained about the majority of technical articles (iirc the one in question was something about a computer graphics technique) having no high-level summary or attempt to explain the topic to non-experts, just masses of unreferenced equations and jargon straight from a textbook.

the guy who i was talking to, a wikipedia editor, argued that anyone who had any business looking up said article should understand the content, and the point was to be an accurate reference, not to "dumb it down for the masses"

which,

as you know,

is the entire point

of an encyclopedia

so you argued with a dude instead of improving the article? :rolleyes:

Graff
May 10, 2012

ChiralCondensate posted:

lol

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

ChiralCondensate posted:

look at this guy who's never edited an article before

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

ChiralCondensate posted:

peak wiki

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

ChiralCondensate posted:

there's often a big difference between "can tell article is garbage" and "is qualified to improve it"

at least in the case of Wikipedia, where simply deleting garbage rather than adding good content to balance it out is a surefire way to get banned

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yeah when you add good content to balance out what you deleted it gets reverted within a day by somebody mad at you intruding on their personal fiefdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ChiralCondensate posted:

oh, right, you're the local Actual Wikipedia Sperg who keeps reporting all of the funny stuff we post in this thread

well (doot-doot-doot-dee-doot-doot-dee-doot) NEWS FLASH: (jaunty music)

when people read an encyclopedia, they are doing so because they want information

usually they want information because they don't already have this information

how the gently caress is someone supposed to improve an article about a topic that they're actively trying to learn by reading the encyclopedia in the first place

:catstare: