Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Soul Glo posted:

I am excited to play but won't be able to until tomorrow night, so here's my team I'm planning:

Grass Owl
Electric Bug or Raichu whichever's better
Rock Dog
Arcanine
Starmie

What should the sixth one be besides the mimic one everyone's nuts about (that apparently takes a long time to get to)?
If you choose Raichu over Railgun-Bug, go for either Giant Punch Bug or Bubble Spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The only explanation for the game not shipping yet is because I live 10 minutes away from a fulfillment center and some dude from it is going to personally drive to my place in his chevy and drop the game off and maybe tidy up my kitchen a bit

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Eddie Whitson posted:

The wording on the price drop sounds more like a temporary drop than a Black Friday blowout.

Can you buy the NEW 3DS XL online for the $100 Black Friday price?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Soul Glo posted:

I am excited to play but won't be able to until tomorrow night, so here's my team I'm planning:

Grass Owl
Electric Bug or Raichu whichever's better
Rock Dog
Arcanine
Starmie

What should the sixth one be besides the mimic one everyone's nuts about (that apparently takes a long time to get to)?

Punchy dragon

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I've got a question about the starter's signature moves. All the stuff I've been reading says that they learn them at level 1, so you can use the relearner. But can they learn them at all through level up?

Anyone?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

according to serebii, they can only do it at a move relearner.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

YggiDee posted:

Sun/Moon is ungodly huge for a 3DS game, literally 1000 blocks larger than Alpha Sapphire. So far the only game I've seen larger is Xenoblade.

I'm really feeling it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So since Prankster doesnt work on dark types, does it cause the move to fail completely or just not get the Prankster boost

e: it apparently fails

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Can you get Grubbin on route 1 before rock smash?

Yep! It's actually kind of nice, this first route, first 5 wild encounters were unique pokemon and I caught em all first try. I don't think I've ever had this many pokemon on my team from the first route.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://my.mixtape.moe/fdkijv.webm

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's catchy.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Ruggington posted:

Sun/Moon ED
I haven't watched in years, but with Sun/Moon I just might. Everything's friggin' adorable.

I'm sorry you have bad taste

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Currently in line with a bunch of other nerds waiting for some SuMo. Wish me luck.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I'll admit it: I like the new animation style. It's much more dynamic.

I'm literally just crawling back into this hole now after several months of ignoring it. Did we ever find out more about what the post game is going to be like if anything?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
why does ash have a moustache

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kithkar posted:

congrats on liking a great thing

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kithkar posted:

I'm literally just crawling back into this hole now after several months of ignoring it. Did we ever find out more about what the post game is going to be like if anything?

I know of working with the international police to capture the Ultra Beasts and the Battle Tree.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

It's good to see some new Persona 5 footage after yet another delay

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Speaking of animations: Owlball using astonish is one of the cutest things I've seen in these games. Almost makes it worth using astonish.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

All I now know is that I want to hug Bewear and I am willing to risk bodily harm in this endeavor.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blhue posted:

why does ash have a moustache

those cheek scratches? They've always been there.

If they disappear he dies.

This isn't a joke, they did this on purpose in that scene.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

LemonLimeTime posted:

Can you buy the NEW 3DS XL online for the $100 Black Friday price?

From what I was seeing it's a New 3DS regular, not the XL. Otherwise yes you should be able to get it I think. So long as it's in stock there at amazon or wherever.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

digital's out

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
THE MOON RISES

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's up motherfucjers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm playing pokemon moon right now

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm playing pokemon moon right now

Same.

Not like there's competition, but this is the best "professor introduces you to the world of pokemon" scene ever.

Oh snap, story! Oh snap this track is nice.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Here we… here we… here we loving go!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blooming Brilliant posted:

My favorite thing about the Pokemon anime ever is when Ash was going to win the Sinnoh league after all of his possible rivals got knocked out/became his friend/whatever.

So his next opponent was a guy using legendaries that destroyed Ash's team with ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGXlweki-uo

Wow, you weren't kidding. Also, Ash is really bad at putting together a team. Why the gently caress is he at this level with a Gible? Like, he hasn't even leveled it enough to get to Gabite?!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
drat you Nintendo eShop and your insanely slow download speeds. About 60% done the download, I really should have done this days ago. :argh:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Hell yeah, two minutes in and I put on my hat!

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

after you get your hat, try going back to bed

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zoran posted:

Hell yeah, two minutes in and I put on my hat!

When you get to a clothes store, you can take off your hat

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Been playing this since Yesterday since I live in NY and its easy to break street date here.

I'm pleasantry surprised at how the main game is introducing held items gradually. There's even a trainer who uses red card + stealth rocks.

Make sure you talk to people you see out in the world, they'll give you free, useful poo poo.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I've been playing it since before since I'm a drat dirty pirate, but I also bought the game and am switching to the legit version now.

Trial number 3 is the greatest thing ever.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
L+R+start still works

I am scumming for a female popplio so I can spread them on wonder trade early

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It starts

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/future-gen7ou-165

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
goddang just when I thought I was free to play the game this rear end in a top hat sentences me to pokemon school. dogg i am the pokemon master so many times over pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Khanstant posted:

goddang just when I thought I was free to play the game this rear end in a top hat sentences me to pokemon school. dogg i am the pokemon master so many times over pls

the teacher's a cutie