Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tarquinn posted:

CIG is Rothaus in this analogy, right? :v:

Yes. They Whisky was in pre-alpha, but they decided to release it as an MVP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

If had the largest hangar and bought a $15 buggy they gave you a, well watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdap-AnpdTE&t=554s

Hahaha, I thought the ramp and hoop were "the hacked in cryengine" part, not the ship.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I just realized I won't be able to watch the livestream. Motherfuck! :negative:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

I just realized I won't be able to watch the livestream. Motherfuck! :negative:

But think about how much less mental and psychological damage you'll suffer from whatever else it is you'll be doing.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/799503287808643073

Gotta sleep so I can get up for the stream

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What's with the giant $30k check? Will they be refunding Miku live?

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

eXXon posted:

Speaking of other things that are much better than anything Chris Roberts had ever done, I watched the first season of the Expanse and it was pretty great. Gripping (if not terribly original) plot, well-thought out setting, memorable characters, good visuals and music and distinctive designs (for the budget anyway). I haven't read the books but I read some other things by Daniel Abraham and he seems to be a talented writer.

Now imagine if someone got $130 million to make a hard sci Fi game but hired competent managers, developers, artists and writers. It could be an Expanse game with a fancy flight model and a single player component with an engaging main quest and tragicomic side quests, like the Witcher 4: In Space. Instead, Chris Roberts, developer and producer extra-ordinary, is producing some hoorah third rate space Roman Tom Clancy wannabe poo poo. Actually who's a good comparable for what SQ42 is supposed to be - some hack churning out US military thrillers twice per year? I can't think of names off the top of my head.

Most of the Expanse setting and backstory was originally developed by Ty Franck for a failed MMO (so failed, it was never even announced), and he then used it as the setting for some tabletop RPG games he ran, which is where Daniel Abraham encountered it and suggested they write some books together in that setting.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Oh my god, can't wait to see which stupid whale donates 30k to them, live on stream!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
How are you guys talking about scotch and not talking about Lagavulin?

Peaty malts always give me brain poisoning the next day but it's always worth it for Lagavulin.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

That's their way of saying "It's all fine, we've got enough money to just give away to people, no money issues here, no siree".

!raffle

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

!raffle is the most substantial part of their livestreams.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Is the live stream today?

Edit:

VVVVV Spock helmet attached. Waiting deployment.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 18, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
The thing I look forwards to the most from the stream is the aftermath where Dickwulf gets on Twitter and declares they've defeated Derek Smart for good with the power of love.

Again.

For real this time we swear.

Oh god he's not stopping send help oh no not the blog NOT THE BLOG

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

Is the live stream today?

in 8 hours

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

The thing I look forwards to the most from the stream is the aftermath where Dickwulf gets on Twitter and declares they've defeated Derek Smart for good with the power of love.

Again.

For real this time we swear.

Oh god he's not stopping send help oh no not the blog NOT THE BLOG

Blog me right in the face Derek.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

hakimashou posted:

Peaty malts always give me brain poisoning the next day but it's always worth it for Lagavulin.

I mentioned Lagavulin :colbert:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

That would taste better if you didn't use poo poo bread.
There has to be a local bakery that can provide you with some decent bread to put that in between.

:wink:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Can someone tell me the story behind this gif?

Way back when we only had the hangar and the buggy someone found a way to turn on the movement in the spaceships. Someone made a video of it, then I made that gif from the video.
Are the ramps still in the hangar module? They put in poo poo for the buggy to jump over and through before they got spaceships working, then someone found noclip I guess and the rest is history.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

trucutru posted:

Man, you guys are very picky about your burgers, pizza, cheetos, and scotch.

It's about standards.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Here, I found the original video from 2013, official start of development, and I updated the GIF.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

EightAce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHba2ntTisc

This is better than Starcitizen in every way , and LOD for that matter .. in fact gently caress it , Id rather play this than GTA6

Oh. My. God. What did I just watch? And why do I feel so unclean now?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

Talisker. Nice half-way between the peats and the highlands.
My favourite for a standard is Old Pultney, really lovely dram from the northernmost distillery in Scotland. Smooth and quite light but with a ton of complexity that emerges if you give it a moment to taste.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Talisker Dark Storm is the vilest thing I've ever consumed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TTerrible posted:

Talisker Dark Storm is the vilest thing I've ever consumed.

Should we get right back into that ammonium chloride discussion again? :D

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Hahaha, I thought the ramp and hoop were "the hacked in cryengine" part, not the ship.

Me too.
Buggy model replaced by the ship model actually looks like something that'd be a legit CIG bug.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Salmiak and Dark Storm. Hum..

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Maybe TheAgent misunderstood his source.
Maybe it's gonna be a REfund drive.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I really dont get what possible good a giant 30k check could have for cigs stream

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

a whole buncha crows posted:

Remember they can release whatever they want in whatever terrible state and it will be lapped up because it's only alpha

and right after playing the buggy trash shitizens will insist that everything taking so long because croberts has such lofty quality standards.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It's a new 30k bundle.
You get the 15k bundle, and a Crobert personally signed (by Ben) Wing Commander art asset.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Goat cheese is amazing. gently caress the haters.

If you are referring to real cheese and not babbys first crap then yes.

For example this stuff is from a town not far from where I'm from and is awesome.

Some sharp American came by and found the place. And basically bought out the entire supply for years in a contract. So the locals are a little miffed.
(Some rounds are "lost" during production and wind up on the local shelves)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

I really dont get what possible good a giant 30k check could have for cigs stream

I disagree, I don't know what it's for but I know it's gonna be good.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

30,000 check? I'm guessing that's an award to somebody, or it's a personal check from Chris Roberts to Star Citizen development. Which would be hilariously narcissistic, since his hugely over inflated salary comes from donation money as it is.

If it's a cash prize to some random backer, please have it include the names of the users who donated towards game development but it actually just got forwarded to this totally random user; because he doesn't value your money.

There is not a good, smart outcome to have a 30k check anywhere when your entire well being is based on donations. Even if it comes from the "personal wealth" of somebody employed there who is paid by backers. If they have that much to blow, they're getting over paid.

Good luck with the stream! I hope people will post high lights here. I won't be able to watch it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheLightPurges posted:

When they give it to a lucky winner it will prove that CIG isn't in financial trouble

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

Here, I found the original video from 2013, official start of development, and I updated the GIF.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

isn't that like 1 minute of mocap?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
The cheque is dated June 7th, 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Its policy now to send out massive comedy cheques for refunds, see how many actually get cashed. Ray 'Gypsy boy' Roocroft's initiative

• Locked thread