Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If that's the case, then you're spot on, because her vote on you is without any effort, casing, or explanation at all.

lol I like how you read her post but not mine which she was responding to because once again you are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

lol I like how you read her post but not mine which she was responding to because once again you are wrong.

The post that ANarc literally just responded to, clearly showing that she didn't call you out for lurking, but rather for not putting any effort whatsoever into your votes/cases which is exactly what you're doing?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Jesus I'm sorry I thought the night was longer I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm catching up with the thread will post more when I get home

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
"You provided no explanation."

"Here is the explanation."

"Nope no explanation at all!"

You don't even acknowledge you are making things up, such as never calling out ANarc until later in the day. Between this and what KB has pointed out, it tells me you aren't actually interested in reading the thread, you're just constructing a narrative and when shown evidence that you are wrong you completely ignore it and instead double down on your opinion based on lies.

As for ANarc's point, her phrasing of "is going to barely put any effort into the game" I, and others who cased her afterwards using the same logic, interpreted that as saying that I was not going to post. Whether she just meant shitposting instead I don't know (but as I explained to bowmore that's not my meta that she is continuing to use against me). The fact that she apparently didn't mean lurking still means she's casing me and has continued to case me on things that did not happen. She cased me early on saying that I was going to not put effort in in the future, and she's casing me now and still backing up that claim when I have the third highest number of posts in the game and am clearly putting in a whole lot of effort.

It was a bad case then and it's a bad case now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

As for ANarc's point, her phrasing of "is going to barely put any effort into the game" I, and others who cased her afterwards using the same logic, interpreted that as saying that I was not going to post. Whether she just meant shitposting instead I don't know (but as I explained to bowmore that's not my meta that she is continuing to use against me). The fact that she apparently didn't mean lurking still means she's casing me and has continued to case me on things that did not happen. She cased me early on saying that I was going to not put effort in in the future, and she's casing me now and still backing up that claim when I have the third highest number of posts in the game and am clearly putting in a whole lot of effort.

It was a bad case then and it's a bad case now.

Here's the interaction, let's take a look and see if you're right.

Asiina posted:

##vote chores

See you D2.

This is not a joke vote.

I'm not moving off of this.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

What the heck is this? Looks to me like scum asiina who hates being scum and is going to barely put any effort into the game.

This was, as I said, a fair interpretation by ANarc. Who looks at a lame-rear end D1 joke-phase claim and checks out a few minutes after the game starts. In ANarc's words, "Scum Asiina."

Asiina posted:

What does this first sentence even mean? It is utterly contentless.

If that is ANarc's argument it is wrong. Like I feel like I have to do this every single goddamn game, but if you're going to use a garbage meta argument as your sole argument you drat well get it right.

I have a meta, it's that I don't post when I'm scum. It's actually not really true anymore I've gotten a lot better, but whatever, pretend it is. It's the easiest meta in the whole drat community. It's not shitposting, it's not posting white noise, it's not posting dumb arguments or defending or anything like that. It's literally not posting. If I'm posting then the meta read doesn't apply.

Yes, self-meta is a garbage defense, but using an incorrect meta (that is outdated) is a garbage case and I become more convinced every time that people who make bad false meta cases are scum because you can say that literally any time I'm not posting multi-quote cases that I'm in my scum meta and people who don't know me better will believe it.

What the absolute gently caress why are you voting me for doing exactly that?

I said if she's scum she isn't going to put any effort into the game. Posting videos of music is not playing the game. Your logic is scummy af

You have a lot of posts, Asiina, and a lot of them were contentless shitposts in jokephase. Also, regardless of your meta, you laying down a vote on chores and then saying you're going to check out until D2 is scummy as hell. You, KB, and I guess CPig are dismissing it as a meta argument, but it works as a "Scummy generic player" argument too.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, do I seriously have to point out that the prime scumspect for today is a player who picked out someone voting for the easiest lynch in the game (chores claiming sk) who happened to flip town, and sticking with that case?

Like, in what universe does scum ANarc see a lunch like that developing and think to herself, "I'm gonna go in and defend chores and make myself a target, because that's how I play scum."

Maybe that's her grand strategy, I don't know, but if I were scum I would have let chores dig his own grave there. A lot of players did.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And a lot of players came in saying "I told you so" for mad townie cred.

It cuts both ways.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Here's the interaction, let's take a look and see if you're right.

This was, as I said, a fair interpretation by ANarc. Who looks at a lame-rear end D1 joke-phase claim and checks out a few minutes after the game starts. In ANarc's words, "Scum Asiina."

You have a lot of posts, Asiina, and a lot of them were contentless shitposts in jokephase. Also, regardless of your meta, you laying down a vote on chores and then saying you're going to check out until D2 is scummy as hell. You, KB, and I guess CPig are dismissing it as a meta argument, but it works as a "Scummy generic player" argument too.

Except ANarc has herself said it was a meta argument.

For the millionth time, I didn't say anything about asiina lurking. Here's that post:

It's a known meta, not that asiina lurks as scum, but that she doesn't like being scum. So this drive by vote with a terrible reason and her specifically stating that she wouldn't change it, seems a lot to me like barely any effort.

So what are you even arguing here?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway I'm out for the night. Goodnight terrible game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

And a lot of players came in saying "I told you so" for mad townie cred.

It cuts both ways.

What constitutes a lot? and so far as I can tell everyone has elaborated on those alleged I told you sos.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

I like this post the best because it is the one that demonstrates the complete fabrication of this narrative.

I voted first. Inf voted at -2. There was a whole bunch of people who voted in the interim and also people who said they didn't regret the lynch after it happened, but Inf and I are scum manipulating poor dumb town because?

Your reasons don't line up with reality. What about what happened makes both inf and I scum, but everyone else innocent?

It's the theory I'm working with and I'm entitled to that. Less fabricated narrative and more that's the conclusion I arrived at.

The placement of the votes by you and Infinitum, as you point out, is unlikely to be coordinated and arguing with infinitum, I felt a little better about his rationale, but I honestly don't find your initial stance and responses to the questions to be genuine. Even though you made more posts following the vote, they were mostly innocuous and had little to do with the actual game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Huh. Would you say this was a pretty normal scum game for you?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I think we can all agree now, dongs' avi is cute.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Huh. Would you say this was a pretty normal scum game for you?

Normal? I'm not sure. Honestly when I'm scum I type up twice as many posts as I actually submit, and I don't filter as much as town. I find it's a lot more effective to sit and let town snipe at each other than get overly involved. Yeah, I'm giving up my scum meta but as much as people picked up on it in ANarc's game, without Quid nk'ing me I would have had them.

Scum Tobbs is careful, town Tobbs not so much. I'd be better at playing town if I played like I do when I'm scum, but it takes more effort. If I get lynched when I'm town, it's towns' dumb rear end fault because I'm not scum I just post too much. If I was scum and I got lynched for careless play I'd feel bad, so I do a lot more to try and seem less scummy.

Self-meta is dumb but here we are.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, your tone comes off SO different in that game. I wouldn't ever form a meta on someone on this few games, but it does make me reconsider you here.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Holy poo poo this has been a weird lovely game.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

meta is dumb but here we are.

Summing up this entire day.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

i like role madness games and I actually post too ;)

##vote TM

Look at those ten posts from yesterday.

Anyway, I'm up now, more soon.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Are you telling me to look at posts or what?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Even though you made more posts following the vote, they were mostly innocuous and had little to do with the actual game.

I went back and counted and if you discount chiptune chat, more than half of Asiina's posts were directly relevant to this game of Mafia. "Mostly" seems like a mischaracterization.

Anyway, it really seems to me like this argument isn't based on what actually happened D1. Yes, Asiina said she'd check out, and then she came back and posted. Most of it's even relevant. The only thing that stood out to me was the "I have a theory on Cpig" thing that got changed to a gut read today, which I would like to hear more about.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

Are you telling me to look at posts or what?

No, I'm saying you managed to hit the post limit yesterday and have an utterly contentless filter. I mean, looking at posts is always a good idea.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh, I understand. to be honest, I forgot there was a post limit.

Anyway, here's some random thoughts that I just want to share. Though I find flavor arguments to be bad and wrong, especially in this game, I find Asiina change from "I got a cool accessory" to "I got a crap accessory" kinda odd.

Though, at the same time, I don't think it makes sense for Asiina to implicate themselves like that. I don't think there's any benefits for her to do that if she's scum? Very strange. In my mind, she's probably town but I won't lie, that inconsistency is quite odd.

Also even though I didn't vote for Chores, I completely understand why people would do so. It seems more beneficial to lynch a potential SK at D1 than to let them run rampant and potentially kill off either a talkative townie. So I don't think it's fair to judge people are scum just because of that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Do we have a recycling icon?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

So after reading d2 again I got a lot to find weird vibes coming from Tobbs and AN.

There seems to be a poo poo ton of weird bad arguments coming from Tobbs that could either odd approaches towards scum hunting with all the meta and flavor stuff... or it could seem that there's really not that much information and he's deflecting any and all suspicion away from himself.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Sorry for the inactivity. Not paying enough attention and I have almost rub out of phone data until next week... so I only use WiFi everywhere and work has SA blocked. I'll be able to be much more active tonight on.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

On that note I'm going to throw my ##vote tobbs in the ring for what it's eorth. I don't feel like most of his arguments are genuine or helpful to town.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (3): Jedit, Mayor Glowku, Anonymous
AnonymousNarcotics (3): King Burgundy, Asiina, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): Jimmy Hats
Tired Moritz (1): Flying Leatherman
Asiina (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum, Infinitum
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Infinitum

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, AnonymousNarcotics, Tired Moritz, Truth Quark

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 18th, 2016 at 1 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 25 minutes.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
##vote Tobbs This guy doesn't even read the thread murdr him

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Umm ok since I'm apparently going to be lynched I'm an elite bodyguard.

Dead now regardless so I guess look for scum on my lynch.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Gonna ##vote Jimmy Hats for the attempt to turbo me, double vote etc. Also he's on my scumspect list.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyway, here's some random thoughts that I just want to share. Though I find flavor arguments to be bad and wrong, especially in this game, I find Asiina change from "I got a cool accessory" to "I got a crap accessory" kinda odd.

Though, at the same time, I don't think it makes sense for Asiina to implicate themselves like that. I don't think there's any benefits for her to do that if she's scum? Very strange. In my mind, she's probably town but I won't lie, that inconsistency is quite odd.

Also even though I didn't vote for Chores, I completely understand why people would do so. It seems more beneficial to lynch a potential SK at D1 than to let them run rampant and potentially kill off either a talkative townie. So I don't think it's fair to judge people are scum just because of that.

I don't buy that you "forgot" there was a post limit. This post comes across as trying to placate, especially since none of these opinions in this post are original or even remotely controversial. It's just a bunch of easy comments and reads to me like you're trying to make it look like you're participating when you actually aren't.

Who do you think is scum?

For the record, Tobbs has been pinging me most of the game too, and I'd be down to lynch him or TM today.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Would also vote JHats because him throwing that double vote around willy nilly also seems scummy as gently caress. Both times he's used it have been lazy "me too" votes.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
It is interesting to me that Anarc, having gotten the conversation going w/r/t Asiina, has kind of stepped back and not been visible while Tobbs and AA have pushed the case. As someone else noted, she hasn't plonked down a vote in this game yet. It feels like she's flying under the radar now that the discussion is going a bit more. I would be interested to hear what her views are on the last couple pages.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Truth Quark posted:

Would also vote JHats because him throwing that double vote around willy nilly

"I would vote this guy for playing his role, personally I think he should only be using half his voting power, because ???"

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

This makes me more confident in my vote. The last two games I played with him, TM was scum hunting, asking questions, stuff like that. Even in Cat Lady Mafia when I misread him, he was asking questions of other players that were at least relevant to the game. His posts this game have been totally disconnected with the game and more just non-sequiturs/jokephase stuff, and like TQ notes two or three posts above me the only reads he's given - which required prompting - were super bland and recycled.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Truth Quark posted:

Would also vote JHats because him throwing that double vote around willy nilly also seems scummy as gently caress. Both times he's used it have been lazy "me too" votes.

If you're looking for more things that are scummy as gently caress, if I'm reading Votefinder right then Jimmy put his anonymous second vote on Tobbs well before putting his own on. That's underhand, because it made Tobbs the lynch leader.

##unvote

I need to think more about this. Is deadline really 7pm UK?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (3): Jedit, Mayor Glowku, Jimmy Hats, Jedit, Anonymous
AnonymousNarcotics (3): King Burgundy, Asiina, CapitalistPig
Jimmy Hats (1): Tobbs Gnawed
Tired Moritz (1): Flying Leatherman
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Infinitum
CapitalistPig (0): Jimmy Hats, Jimmy Hats
Asiina (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, AnonymousNarcotics, Jedit, Tired Moritz, Truth Quark

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 18th, 2016 at 1 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 11 minutes.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

If you're looking for more things that are scummy as gently caress, if I'm reading Votefinder right then Jimmy put his anonymous second vote on Tobbs well before putting his own on. That's underhand, because it made Tobbs the lynch leader.

##unvote

I need to think more about this. Is deadline really 7pm UK?

I want to say anonymous votes are attached to the day start post by default in Votefinder.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

##vote Tobbs This guy doesn't even read the thread murdr him

I do not like this vote.

Has Jimmy claimed the Anonymous voter/double voter ability?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Umm ok since I'm apparently going to be lynched I'm an elite bodyguard.

What's your flavour? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What is the case on AN?

I am leaning Jimmy atm.

##vote Jimmy Hats

• Locked thread