Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol if you're not executive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Sorry you can't afford $4 a month to save way more than that

Enjoy your country club shopping experience.

Gotta keep those plebs out, amirite? ;)

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

lol, :sad:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you only buy gas and never step inside the store you're membership fee pays for itself multiple times.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
People ITT desperately attempt to justify shopping at an exclusive club, because they are better then everyone else.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

root beer posted:

Costco north of Georgetown in Seattle is always filled with Asians who turn the parking lot into loving Thunderdome

Asians loving love Costco

Can confirm. Doesn't matter who you are or where you live, Asians loving love Costco.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

one time my cart that was full of stuff in the store disappeared and i had to start all over, including the booze selection

if its any one of you fuckers who took it gently caress you

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ChinaBob posted:

Can confirm. Doesn't matter who you are or where you live, Asians loving love Costco.

that's because they're good at math and know how good those loving savings are for real for real

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

VendaGoat posted:

People ITT desperately attempt to justify shopping at an exclusive club, because they are better then everyone else.

Exclusive club lol. This isn't a loving super expensive country club where you have to get sponsored or something.

Pay $50, make up that $50 after going there a couple of times.

Sorry dude. This isn't an elite club. Sam's club exists (which you have to pay for) and it's still filled with Walmart degenerates.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

VendaGoat posted:

why you mad lol

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

I don't need to justify poo poo.

:smug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Exclusive club lol. This isn't a loving super expensive country club where you have to get sponsored or something.

Pay $50, make up that $50 after going there a couple of times.

Sorry dude. This isn't an elite club. Sam's club exists (which you have to pay for) and it's still filled with Walmart degenerates.

shoophobo posted:

why you mad lol

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't need to justify poo poo.

:smug:

One little, two little, three little piggies.....

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

VendaGoat posted:

One little, two little, three little piggies.....

Yah that's me counting the amount of bacon I get at Costco for the same price as one package at your lovely grocery store

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yah that's me counting the amount of bacon I get at Costco for the same price as one package at your lovely grocery store

Enjoy your low cost heart disease! :buddy:

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
I admire the sand of someone trying to talk Goons out of loving Costco.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ChinaBob posted:

Yeah I'd say mine is a Hispanic and Asian majority with a fair amount of Indians and African Americans, and white people being the minority. It's probably more a reflection of local demographics, as is any location, but it's definitely not some exclusive upper middle class white enclave

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

KakerMix posted:

According to their pledge thing on the inside of the stores shareholders are third on the list for importance.
I don't really care too much though, it's just Costco seems to do things right.

It's number 5.
1. Obey the law
2. Suck member dick
3. Employee
4. Be nice to the people who's poo poo we sell
5. Do the other 4, shareholders get what they want

There has been a pretty long history of shareholder meetings going something like this though:

:gary: uh so your wages and benefits are too high and you could be paying ME dividends instead of these loving serfs. I demand you stop paying PT employees benefits.

:eng101: Actually, the wages and benefits are the reason for our success and probably why you are a shareholder in the first place

naem
May 29, 2011

They could cut benefits and pay for a very brief stock bump, letting shareholders sell off for a small profit, then just shut the place down because it would immediately suck

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Math You posted:

It's number 5.
1. Obey the law
2. Suck member dick
3. Employee
4. Be nice to the people who's poo poo we sell
5. Do the other 4, shareholders get what they want

There has been a pretty long history of shareholder meetings going something like this though:

:gary: uh so your wages and benefits are too high and you could be paying ME dividends instead of these loving serfs. I demand you stop paying PT employees benefits.

:eng101: Actually, the wages and benefits are the reason for our success and probably why you are a shareholder in the first place

Thankfully the CEO and his hand picked successor agree: Costco *makes* money paying good wages.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

can confirm

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgosh-nqzro

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
panic! at the costco

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

Enjoy your low cost heart disease! :buddy:

Tell us how to live, wise one.

Be specific. Use detailed examples.

:allears:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Tell us how to live, wise one.

Be specific. Use detailed examples.

:allears:

Get money, gently caress bitches.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

About '93 my family and I were the first people in line for the grand opening of the brand new Costco. We even had our photo on the front page of the local newspaper.

Standing there, in the early and wet Oregon morning, mist hanging about the freshly paved parking lot.

Once they opened those doors, and I had my first free sample, my life was forever changed.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My friend and I went to the Inglewood Costco, we were the only white folks. But everyone was nice.

Puyallup Costco is all white folks in Seahawks gear being shitheads!

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

VendaGoat posted:

Somehow I miss when you were just a bad poster who tried to be good instead of a bad poster who tried to be a meany-pants

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

Not specific enough, sorry. Details man, I need details!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dely Apple posted:

Inglewood Costco, everyone was nice.

Puyallup Costco Seahawks shitheads!

makes sense imho

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
If you're not making a free onion salad every time you go to Costco, you are literally doing it wrong.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Kind of an odd combination cause winco is a good company and sam's club is owned by walmart.

Yeah I try to shop at Sam's as little as possible but their frozen chicken and broccoli prices are unbeatable also they sell the turkey bacon I like in like a 20 pack.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

MakaVillian posted:

Ask me about waking up at 3am to work at receiving in a Costco warehouse. Actually don't, I have to go to bed in half an hour.

That's par for the course when you do DC and warehouse work though, the fact that I had to get up at 3am to deliver paper products to three different Costco stores 90 miles apart by 6:30am doesn't mean they're a selfish evil company, just means that a lot of stuff needs to happen 24/7.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Costco is awesome for the gainz

So much chicken and eggs and milk and broccoli

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

VendaGoat posted:

If poor people had higher IQs they'd all shop there its much cheaper in the long run.

Rich people shop there because they like to save money, its not really their fault.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

If poor people had higher IQs they'd all shop there its much cheaper in the long run.

lol you're an idiot

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

VendaGoat posted:

I don't want to even know about the kind of women with whom you gently caress by NOT meeting them at Costco.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Professor Shark posted:

lol you're an idiot

Im almost always the smartest person in the room actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Costco goon meet tomorrow?