Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Chalks posted:

The thing that really blows my mind is that these roadmaps aren't forward looking at all. They've released a roadmap stretching back a month and a half into the past but only shows the next 3 weeks into the future.

Not to mention the fact that, unless 2.6 is on Evocati already then the "roadmap" was incorrect before they even released it.

Where did these things even come from?

I refuse to believe its authenticity solely on the fact that there's not a whole day set aside to the bomber jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

SelenicMartian posted:

Yeah, it only works from one specific angle, it seems.

http://i.imgur.com/hEpCnkh.mp4

Are the stairs too dangerous to use or what the gently caress?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Chalks posted:

The thing that really blows my mind is that these roadmaps aren't forward looking at all. They've released a roadmap stretching back a month and a half into the past but only shows the next 3 weeks into the future.

Not to mention the fact that, unless 2.6 is on Evocati already then the "roadmap" was incorrect before they even released it.

Where did these things even come from?

I think an even scarier notion is that its real and its what the dev team has to use to "plan"

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 19, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MedicineHut posted:

Yes, it seems to be primarily a crap way to simply refactor the way they totally do not want to give out promises on dates. None of those bars can be checked and controlled by the backers at all. Only the evocati, PTU and actual release milestones.

Exactly my kind of game developer, elusive and inventive. The goal is obvious, short term maximizing of community "trust" via total "transparency" so they can be squeezed out of as much pledging dosh as possible in the most important funding season of the year.

I suspect this schedule will probably have a slow death as backers realize, with time, that it is as useless and empty as Chris estimates. But as long as it can work its magic helping pledges during the holiday season over the next 4-6 weeks it would have served its purpose. If it needs to be scrapped after the new year, then it is all good.

To start with it seems the schedule has already busted one core element. Evocati 2.6 according to it was supposed to have started yesterday. False and misleading advertising has never seen so much abuse in all marketing history. It is really amazing they can get away with it so easily.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5dpclf/lets_show_support_for_cigs_decision_to_share/

Star Citizen is Saved. Faith is Restored. Derek Smart was Wrong. Praise Christ Roberts.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Mikojan posted:

how is the brown sea reacting to this SM footage?

are they broken enough to be excited?

Apparently there's going to be two Star Marines according to Michael aka quecksilber

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

eXXon posted:

They want to show it has a more complex system for moving around than just run and jump. Considering the mobility you can get in a lot of FPS games now that involve grappling hooks or jetpacks or wall-running I suppose vaulting would seem like a bit of a gimme. It's not that there's not games that can still be hella fun without it, but I can see Chris Roberts being all about trying to outdo the "big names" at their own game.

In terms of why you'd do it in that scenario, more movement options to keep everyone spread out or not in each other's way when setting up for an expected firefight on an objective.

It's all couched in pretty solid fundamental ideas but it's CIG and they've shown off Star Marine before (just before CitizenCon last year if I'm recalling correctly) and then no one's gotten a drat thing out of it. So if I were the citizens (and thank god I'm not) I'd keep that wallet closed till it actually shows up in public tester hands.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The length of every bar on the chart has to be multiplied by the Chris-factor. It's random but never less than 1.

eXXon posted:

It's CIG stairs so step 2 probably takes you to the inevitable pirate consequence dimension.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Yea they're of the opinion now that star marine is going to be constantly expanded to include all the "stretch goals" of gadgets and <1s lag. Like a full game lol

But it doesn't answer the burning question I think everyone has had since yesterday. Just how much more Lethal is it compared to COD of BF?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
e: why the gently caress did I quote a thousand-page old post :psyduck:

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 19, 2016

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

TheLightPurges posted:

But it doesn't answer the burning question I think everyone has had since yesterday. Just how much more Lethal is it compared to COD of BF?

I believe you will find Lethality shills 100% harder for Star Marine than for COD or BF and it is therefore infinitely more lethal

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
It took 7-8 shots from a semi automatic gun to kill someone. Owns

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Deloria posted:

Hiya! not really - I just kinda lost interest :P The discussions round here arent very good >.<

Nice you missed me though :)

rude

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

His original Tweet was that it wouldn't appear.

uhm no, that's not what it said. I was told that they were having technical difficulties getting it to work and that it may be scrapped if they can't get it going. I heard later that the issue was related to clients joining, stability etc.

Of course, that's pretty much how it turned out. By the time the stream started, they still hadn't got it completely working (after the 3hr pre-show break); hence the reason they had to trot old lard rear end in front of the camera for a bit.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/799707345018298368

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. So there it is. Star Marine is a thing. A fairly generic thing that I got bored watching after a minute or so, but it does exist.

What say you Derek?

It was poo poo.

I don't know what anyone saw in that presentation which led them to believe that this was anything but an attempt at another check mark. As I said in my post-show Discord audio commentary, you can go on Steam right now and find more compelling fps shooters in early access.

Thing is, when you look at the Illfonic builds, and compare to this, it's hard not to see how inferior this looked. Especially with all the "COD killer" bragging that croberts has been doing these past months. In fact, were it not for the map, this looked no different than the pre-existing fps in the PU.

There really wasn't anything there.

It's easy to discount it as pre-Alpha; but considering all the drama (https://www.justagamemode.com) surrounding Star Marine, you would think that at this point they would have a more polished, fully fleshed out and amazing build. They didn't.

The hilarity of it all is that you can go look at videos of the original Crysis right now and see that it looks way better than this utter shite they trotted out.

What's hilarious to me is that these plebs think they're going to see it released on|before Dec 8th. It was barely playable 4v4 on a loving LAN!

Also, quite honestly, who is going to be thrilled about playing this? It's just going to end up like Arena Commander which only a handful of people are playing and in no way connected to the PU at this point.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

They want to show it has a more complex system for moving around than just run and jump. Considering the mobility you can get in a lot of FPS games now that involve grappling hooks or jetpacks or wall-running I suppose vaulting would seem like a bit of a gimme. It's not that there's not games that can still be hella fun without it, but I can see Chris Roberts being all about trying to outdo the "big names" at their own game.

Yeah, to put this into perspective, they're not actually into any kind of “more complex system” yet. They've added an option that's been in the CoD and BF games since, oh, Bad Company 2, maybe? Vaulting, as opposed to just old-school jumping on top of things, has become such a staple in FPSes that even a game like DOOM, with its laser focus on wholly refined, fast-paced movement has it.

In fact, it's more of an upset if you find a game that doesn't have it in some form or another these days, and what kind of more or less believable excuses they offer as to why you can't. This can be anything from old Bulletstorm “you don't need a jump — you've got tether-slide-tackle-gun-juggle moves” to Alien: Isolation's “meh, wouldn't fit with the horror theme”.

But before they can wall-run, they have to railing-crawl… except they are apparently struggling a fair bit with that. :D

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
More old crap.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen Dev Responds to Criticisms, Announces Plans to Share Internal Timelines

quote:

As alluded to, not everyone has been thrilled with Star Citizen's delays. One backer recently received a refund after complaining to California's Attorney General.

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-production-schedule-posted-alpha-26-release-aimed-at-december-8/

quote:

And, if you missed the somewhat awkwardly presented 4th Anniversary livestream on Twitch today, you can check it out here to get an eyeful of some new ships, such as the Esperia Prowler in the image above.

Star Citizen internal production schedule released for transparency

quote:

This is a positive move by CIG and might help calm the nerves of some backers who are not enjoying the slow development process. It does come with a few caveats such as, “we will ALWAYS extend timelines or re-do features and content if we do not feel they are up to our standards”.

Star Citizen backers can use this schedule as a rough guide but expect to see things slip as development continues.

:gary:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh, they've uploaded all of the stream videos...

What is up with those teeth? Looks like the mouth of Sauron up in there.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

SC out yet?

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

What is with the shadow in the direct middle of the view? Why is this stimpire dude casting a shadow 50 ft. ahead of himself?

Also, skipped a lot of posts: Did they mention their Spectrum poo poo at all? It'd follow to form that they completely ignore the main thing they announced/talked about from their previous presentation.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Also, quite honestly, who is going to be thrilled about playing this? It's just going to end up like Arena Commander which only a handful of people are playing and in no way connected to the PU at this point.

They dont care about that. The only thing important is that the money keep flowing in. As long as a demo reel or a twitch stream bring in more money than it cost them to make it they are in the black and can continue to mocap crobizzle magnus opus.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

MedicineHut posted:

Exactly my kind of game developer, elusive and inventive. The goal is obvious, short term maximizing of community "trust" via total "transparency" so they can be squeezed out of as much pledging dosh as possible in the most important funding season of the year.

I suspect this schedule will probably have a slow death as backers realize, with time, that it is as useless and empty as Chris estimates. But as long as it can work its magic helping pledges during the holiday season over the next 4-6 weeks it would have served its purpose. If it needs to be scrapped after the new year, then it is all good.

Yep, exactly my thoughts. The whole thing is bullshit but they needed something to get the backers back on side through the end of year sales.

The charts are dumb as gently caress. Lets show 6 weeks into the past but only 3 weeks of forward planning.
Where's the timeline for 3.0?
Why does that timeline, which was presumably made in the last few days, show Star Marine ready for public release in less than 2 weeks? You're telling me that someone looked at that 'game mode' from yesterday and thought 'this is basically ready for release now'.

These charts may well get them through 'til Christmas but these charts and these promises will be a millstone around CIGs neck every week for as long as they survive.

Good job CIG.

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 19, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Its missing 2/3rds of the promised features, looks lovely, and pretty much impossible to run correctly even with days of notice and practice....On LAN.

Yea definitely TWO WEEKS away from going live.

Like who buys this poo poo?

again, even scarier to me is the possibility that that timeline is real and what they inflict on the devs on a regular basis. Gross mismanagement.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Did they even mention if there was some sort of matchmaking system? Or did the stream just start with players already in the demo to shoot people?

What happens when commandos realize they're getting put up against the same opponents over and over because there are no people playing the alpha-beta-whatever.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sum Mors posted:

Did they even mention if there was some sort of matchmaking system? Or did the stream just start with players already in the demo to shoot people?

What happens when commandos realize they're getting put up against the same opponents over and over because there are no people playing the alpha-beta-whatever.

Oh no the lobby/matchmaking system was inoperable and even doing it manually kept loving up and putting them all on the same team. Its why they cancelled the preshow and trotted out Ben to talk bullshit for several minutes until they reset it enough times that it worked.

Also I get lower ping than most of those dudes on the Internet than they do on fuckin LAN.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Disinformation squad is out in full force on the /games sub today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5drbll/star_citizen_star_marine_fps_preview/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5dqd99/star_citizen_big_guns_of_the_uee_the_3_human/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5doyqy/star_citizen_production_schedule_report/

"Some rear end in a top hat" posted:

Honestly, the FPS module is not groundbreaking (aside from the zero gravity combat) on it's own, but when it's combined with all the other systems in the game it suddenly gets a lot cooler. Things like a squad of players boarding an enemy ship in the middle of combat between vessels, only to have the engine room of the ship they are boarding become damaged and lose gravity generation, suddenly turning it into a zero gravity firefight. There's been a lot of technical work in the backend like the localized physics grid to make that more than just a pipe dream.

Some Other rear end in a top hat, Talking About Cap-Ships posted:

The best part is that they're not props, they're entirely modeled inside, can be piloted, are physics driven, have extremely cool mechanics like information/energy pipes running through rooms etc.

Yet Another rear end in a top hat posted:

Their transparency isn't just unmatched in gaming, it's unmatched almost anywhere in software development. They have a YouTube series called "Bugsmashers" where they literally sit you down with a developer and show how they fix bugs in the code, compile the game, test, etc. while they explain everything they're doing.
People who say that CIG hasn't given enough information about Star Citizen are just absolutely ignorant.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Also I'd like to quote myself from 3 months ago.

Sarsapariller posted:

I like the happy middle ground between "Nothing will ever come out again, ever" and "Everything will happen exactly as Chris Roberts has foretold." Some stuff will come out, after some delays, demonstrating a little bit of progress and mostly just loving everything up further. Personally I find that funnier.

I guess I've been the inside-est insider all along!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sarsapariller posted:

Also I'd like to quote myself from 3 months ago.

I guess I've been the inside-est insider all along!

I would have been genuinely disappointed if they decided not to show star marine. Its much better this way.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I guess after yesterdays sales they can pay their shills again

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheLightPurges posted:

I would have been genuinely disappointed if they decided not to show star marine. Its much better this way.

Of course my actual quote was regarding the planetary landing stuff which has disappeared down the memory hole completely, so I'm still wrong, but I agree it is much funnier if they keep going.

Somebody posted the 2 FPS demos they'd already done from years ago earlier, and it's pretty amazing to see that A) They've made absolutely zero progress from those versions, and in some cases have gone backwards, and B) The Citizens have already completely forgotten that both of those demos came out under similar circumstances and never made it out to players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

We must move forward, not backward! Upward, not forward! And always twirling, twirling, twirling toward fidelity!

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 19, 2016

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Man if a great company was given 120 million+ to build a space sim engine from scratch imagine the game we'd have today

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
Star marine is amazing. A lovely tournament fps that doesn't even stand up against its peers grandparents let alone it's peers. A pointless mode in a space sim where you can't even explore space.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I'm not even exaggerating when I say halo 1 is better.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Someone convince CIG that they should develop an in-game RTS too. I want to see Star Citizen become the Action 52 of PC games

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

D_Smart posted:

Thing is, when you look at the Illfonic builds, and compare to this, it's hard not to see how inferior this looked. Especially with all the "COD killer" bragging that croberts has been doing these past months. In fact, were it not for the map, this looked no different than the pre-existing fps in the PU.

There really wasn't anything there.
That was my thought as well. Cringey tacticool speak aside, that demo they showed a few years ago was significantly better and showed more features than this generic COD/Battlefield wannabe.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nicholas posted:

Someone convince CIG that they should develop an in-game RTS too. I want to see Star Citizen become the Action 52 of PC games

I'm certain that RTS is already a thing, and that they said you would be able to control your fleet of AI minions from your big ship or something dumb like that

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
A bunch of doxxy bullshit was here.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

The best part is that they're not props, they're entirely modeled inside, can be piloted, are physics driven, have extremely cool mechanics like information/energy pipes running through rooms etc.

Yeah. "Information pipes". Whooh boy, don't want one of those to burst in the middle of a firefight, let me tell ya. Last time that happened, two of my squad mates drowned in agriculture statistics while another lost his legs to an old greek poem.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So, I finally had time to watch the pre-event plus the event livestream proper, catch up to the thread until around a couple of hours after the end of the stream and take a peak at :reddit:. I'm going to start writing this before reading anything more so what follows is entirely my uncontaminated perspective and I have a feeling it's going to be a 0.8 on the Derek Smart Rant scale. Adjust your belts, this is going to be largely stream of thought...

I've worked as a programmer for 20 years, in the last 15 I've also started having insight into the accounting and dealing with the upper management of hundreds of clients. Over the years I've dealt with thousands of honest people and dozens of extremely dishonest ones. This has made me wary of certain warning signs, if you go past - say - 30% on my red_flag scale you get moved into a "bullshit sandbox" and from then on everything you say and everything you do comes under scrutiny. However, I have a an almost pathological fear of being unfairly/unjustly accused of some crime/dishonesty and no one believing me so even though the red flags keep piling up I mostly just take note. I never actually call someone out publicly unless I'm into >97.5% territory.

This post isn't some sort of "threat assessment", I don't have a degree in law, or psychology, or anything of the sort. I'm just an rear end in a top hat on the internet that has been around for a while. It is with these credentials that I can now say with a clear conscience:

Chris Roberts is a loving crook.

I have had pleasure of dealing with the "business partner" version of the "Chris Roberts" model. Everything Chris says is a lie. Chris sometimes even lies when he doesn't have to lie and gets in trouble for it. It's pathological, he can't help himself. And he feels no guilt doing it, it's like the robots in Westworld, it doesn't register on his conscience.

I can say he is a crook because there are lies he told that he had to know were lies, things that couldn't possibly be attributed to mere overconfident optimist, or sheer incompetence, but are straight out deception..

What we were shown was "the secret build". They have nothing fresher than this, they said it themselves. This is "it". In light of what we were shown how could Chris have said that vaulting was coming in 2.3, some 9 months ago? They don't have vaulting or any of the other FPS poo poo they said would be ready months ago today, it was all lies.
Some people will say "of all the poo poo you're focusing on this?" The thing is that everything is a lie, but something like this can't be dismissed as a "mistake", or "Illfonics fault". No, Chris lied.

Another example is my Oct 31st blog, where I jokingly said:

MeLKoR posted:

The whole Con and the Making of the Con, all of it is a bigger con. They never had anything to show, there was never any question of anything being ready to show at the Con. They weren't even close, even the smoke and mirrors are made up. Scamception.

I am now convinced I was right on the money, "The Road to CitizenCon" was...
A METACON! :krakken:

It wouldn't shock me if they filmed it in the course of a day, after all these are people with delusions of Hollywood.

There was never any question of showing anything Squadron 42 related at the Con. NEVER. Yesterday they threw everything they had at the whales, all the shinny new movies/advertisements, the latest AC and SM, looots of filler and they didn't show anything Squadron 42 related? :cmon:

A reminder that this:

is material they felt was ready to be show. I can only imagine how bad the Oldman/Hamill/Gillian motion capture must be that not even in their darkest hour they dare to show it.
I mean... either Chris or the new marketing firm they hired (Sandi didn't do this for sure) did one last desperate push to save themselves from impending doom and put a lid on discontentment that was on the verge of boiling over and still they didn't have anything from Squadron 42 that they felt was good enough to show. Just how bad is this catastrophe?

No, there never was any question of having anything to show back then. How could there be? It was all a loving lie. If anything they were working on the Homestead demo at the time and that didn't work out. Does anyone really believe they put that up in a couple of weeks? They had been working on that poo poo for a looooong time.

None of the dates, estimations, or projections Chris gives mean anything, it's all a pack of lies. If you want to discern any truth in them you can't look where he is pointing but rather what he is trying to distract you from.

What this pack of lies:

tells me is two things. First, if the best estimation Chris is giving you is that some of the work is going to be ready for testing on December 8 there is no loving way in heaven 2.6 is coming to the PU this year. Maybe, maybe it will be in the PU by mid 2017Q1.

But, much more importantly this chart tells you THERE WAS NEVER ANY CHANCE OF 3.0 BEING READY THIS YEAR. It was another straight out lie that Chris Roberts said. The man is a crook.

Look at how CIG has to distribute the human/time resources is has:

• Working on advertisements, those things take a lot of time to make and it's not just "artists" wasting time on this, that poo poo works with the game engine.
  • Working on isolated R&D tech demos like Homestead
  • Squadron 42 and everything to do with it
  • 2.6/Star Marine
  • Planet generation, careers and all the poo poo that is supposed to go into 3.0

They can't do everything at once, the Earth does not have four simultaneous days on each rotation, even if you have 4 offices. In order to have 2.6/SM out by the end of the year that means no work will get done on Squadron 42, or procedural planets or any of the poo poo that is supposed to go into 3.0. If I had to guess after 2.6 they will focus on Squadron 42 and 3.0 will be delayed to sometime during 2018 at best. How could there ever be any question of 3.0 being ready "before December 19th"? The man is a lying crook!

But lets forget for a minute the discussion of whether or not 2.6/SM will come to the PU this year. Let's make take "The Path to 2.6". During the 5th year of development the PU: 1- got some new ships; 2- got an area for bad boys to hang out; 3- got a clothing system and with it the ability to shoot compressed air out of your nipples.

That was it. No gameplay between 2.0 and 2.5. And for the last six months they have been dangling these updates in front of their eyes until they are so desperate to get them that everyone seems to have forgotten just exactly what 2.6 consist of. Let me remind you of what will be added to the PU with 2.6, sometime before Spring. Maybe.

This is it, prepare your body for hot new gameplay in the Verse:

Two new ships. A bar for the previously mentioned badboys. That's the exciting new update everyone is looking forward to. THIS GAME IS GOING PLACES!

That's it for the foreseeable future, they have to get Squadron 42 out or they are hosed so no significant work is going to go into 3.0 until that's done. The content locusts are going to have to happy with the gameplay they have, which is exactly what they've had all 2016. I'm laughing at you WTFOSaurus! :laugh:

What about AC/SM you say? What about it? Some updates to a dogfighting module no one would care about if the PU was any good or had anything to do? A shitastic FPS that looks laughable compared to what is already in the market? Oh and it turns out that Star Marine was just another game module after all! This isn't going to be integrated in the PU, they said the arena was on another system with a stupid name I forgot. Since there are no jumpgates until 4.0 guess what... it's just another game module.

And this is if give it as granted that they can integrate that rubbish, which given that this wasn't the first time Star Marine LAN team gameplay was shown is hardly guaranteed. Some blocker might still show up and 2.6 have to be released without it sometime in March. But it will be ready soon guys, just a couple of weeks and it will release separately. Trust us!

Just going to mention the sale of capital ships for fresh cash in passing with a mere :lol:, everything else has already been said.

Final verdict: kudos to CIG for lowering the fire roasting your nuts a little, it was an excellent marketing job given what you had to work with. I think it will assuage the whales for a good while, it shouldn't be until January that you will start slipping on the given release dates and they'll get antsy again. :golfclap:
Whatever you are paying the new guys they were worth it, and keep Sandi away from interacting with anyone outside her studio playroom.

There is still a chance this shitshow will continue for a good while and I for one am glad of it. It all depends on how big their reserves are, they will probably make another big sale with the release of 2.6 sometime early 2017 but after that it's a long crossing of the desert until they can cobble something up and not be ashamed to call it Squadron 42. Be that as it may I doubt 3.0 will ever see the light of day, certainly not before 2018.

In the meanwhile, let the milking continue! :whip:

e: hey. CIG guy reading the thread, i see you passed them my idea of increasing credit prices instead of offering cash discounts. As you can see by this post I could be of use to CIG, one way or another. PM me to know of my very reasonable rates.

e2: in 5 years there wasn't a single livestream CIG hasn't hosed up, the incompetence is almost surreal

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 19, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I think someone nailed it on the head when they said SM was like destiny pvp most features cut and severe downs syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Daztek posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5dpclf/lets_show_support_for_cigs_decision_to_share/

Star Citizen is Saved. Faith is Restored. Derek Smart was Wrong. Praise Christ Roberts.

Also from the Chairman´s letter:

"The only thing we currently don’t share is internal estimates on completion and dates."

Ok. What about some financials? Feel free to sanitize any names too of course, we dont want to go overboard with this, god forbid

• Locked thread