Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Scorestreaks now give team score based on where the owner is on the map in Frontline
Double XP UI added
Volk Tuning
Infected: Inactivity kick (Infected will be added back shortly)
Infected: always turn initial infected to normal infected if a survivor suicides
Frost: spawn additional out of bound trigger to catch dropped bombs by sub wallrun
Rigs are now properly unlocked when ANY of their rig packages are unlocked, rather than just the first one.
Speculative fix for a crash in the wild
Fix for split screen weapon streaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

I think Macys bitch is that we can be in the same lobby and I'll get 2 keys and he'll get .5, like there's some fuckup there.

Yeah I dunno why people play this on PC with all the poo poo between hackers, aimbots, bugs/glitches and an upper population of the attendance of a Browns game during their lovely(er than usual) years. Get a xim and go to town on hapless controller users, pc bros!

It's like $250 after tax for a used xbone/ps4, about $80-$100 for a XIM, $60 for gold/plus, and then $60 minimum for the game. All so I can play it at a headache inducing 65 FOV. Nah I'm good. Activision's been getting better about putting cod games on sale on PC. ~$80 for IW + Pass is reasonable to me for zombies alone, and in a visual configuration that doesn't make me want to neck myself.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

It's not bad on PC atm. although i would like to get infected or hardpoint or any of the bomb placing game modes.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

victrix posted:

Scorestreaks now give team score based on where the owner is on the map in Frontline
Double XP UI added
Volk Tuning
Infected: Inactivity kick (Infected will be added back shortly)
Infected: always turn initial infected to normal infected if a survivor suicides
Frost: spawn additional out of bound trigger to catch dropped bombs by sub wallrun
Rigs are now properly unlocked when ANY of their rig packages are unlocked, rather than just the first one.
Speculative fix for a crash in the wild
Fix for split screen weapon streaming
Now if they could just fix the missions. Apparently smashing through four people in a row with the Merc shield charge doesn't count as a kill from the payload. :shrug:

God, I really like this game when it works, but the rest of the time it's just blargh. Frontline is basically 'get camped at spawn like Battlefield' mode. :psyduck: It's the only time so far where I've literally spawned under enemy gunsights BO3 style.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

limited posted:

Now if they could just fix the missions. Apparently smashing through four people in a row with the Merc shield charge doesn't count as a kill from the payload. :shrug:

God, I really like this game when it works, but the rest of the time it's just blargh. Frontline is basically 'get camped at spawn like Battlefield' mode. :psyduck: It's the only time so far where I've literally spawned under enemy gunsights BO3 style.

Play any MW3 objective mode, or every iteration of Demolition ever.

(Don't)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

Play any MW3 objective mode, or every iteration of Demolition ever.

(Don't)

Except when Drop Zone inevitably gets added to the playlists.

Unrelated, how in the gently caress. I just... gently caress. Also I should use some tools to make that into a more convenient gifcat thing.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Demolition is awesome when you don't face spawn trappers.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The cryo mine is hot garbage. It's a weaker stun grenade and with the extreme flanking in these maps you are way better with one you can just chuck.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Demolition is awesome when you are spawn trappers.

ftfy

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Carecat posted:

The cryo mine is hot garbage. It's a weaker stun grenade and with the extreme flanking in these maps you are way better with one you can just chuck.

Use it with a trip mine. You usually get 1-2 kills with each one. 3 if you're really lucky.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Carecat posted:

This is so completely wrong it pains me

The cryo mine shuts off jetpacks

... the cryo mine can be stuck to wall run routes

You get credit for the kill :haw:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
RIP

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

He's right

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Should I craft the flatline? I've got all the dang ol predecessors and 4600 scrap.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Should I craft the flatline? I've got all the dang ol predecessors and 4600 scrap.

No

Slower ttk on the already slowest AR

Unless your play style is camping on the edges of the map with a suppressed weapon anyway

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Killing Floor 2 is what CoD zombies always should have been... well, minus the wall running. :iia:

And the pubbies aren't completely idiotic poo poo!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

victrix posted:

This is so completely wrong it pains me

The cryo mine shuts off jetpacks

... the cryo mine can be stuck to wall run routes

You get credit for the kill :haw:

Mill Village posted:

Use it with a trip mine. You usually get 1-2 kills with each one. 3 if you're really lucky.

These are two great ideas, thanks.

quote:

PC Specific Updates

* Add support for raw mouse input.
* Fixed issues where recent changes to ButtonHelperText were not playing nice with the user's ability to change gamepad enabled status.
* Additional restart game warning has been added to the "Optimal Video" option to allow the user to be warned that the game will restart when setting to optimal settings.
* Changed Particle Lighting option description to be more descriptive and not imply it is a toggle.
* Fixed issue where a LUI error will occur when attempting to select a locked weapon in the SP loadout menu.
* CaC PC Keyboard-only - show key hint for personalize attachment and use a tinted background when on PC/Keyboard.
* Fixed mute hints on PC mouse and keyboard not displaying the hotkey. Fixed for CP/MP scoreboard and frontend lobbies.
* PC volumetric optimization
* Fix for PC entitlements
* PC - prompt user to update display driver if it does not meet our minimum version (we need to encourage users to take the latest AMD drivers to get shader cache fixes(
* Fix PC keyboard Jackal Roll to feel less mechanical
* Smoothly blend in aim desires for Jackal along the Roll axis while using keyboard and mouse. Note that Yaw and Pitch are still not blended while using mouse and keyboard to improve responsiveness.
* fix for Russian character decoding problem
* Colour Blind rendering fixes
* MenuButton in CP has been updated so that its width will be adjusted to match what it is currently displaying, and will no longer be anchored to the right in CP. This allows mouse input to not highlight or activate buttons when the mouse pointer is seemingly not going over anything.
* Improved Helper Button Bar on PC. These changes activate if the game is on PC, gamepad is disabled, and it is not ingame-SP.
* Helper buttons (commands on bottom of screen in menus) are reformatted to be large button to click on with the mouse.
* Select" helper button is not drawn.
* Keyboard hint is not drawn if the button is clickable.
* Non-clickable buttons will have their hint drawn, and they will not get the new button treatment.
* Certain helper buttons in MP frontend are no longer clickable (e.g. some of the hints in MP CaC, for hotkeys).
* Full Screen ghosting bug fix for multiple monitors
* Fixed issues with window client sizing when the Windows DPI setting is not 100%
* Stability fixes for multi-gpu setups
* Fix for GPU sync in SP for optimal latency input
* Zombies - Move player splash further to the right when offscreen to hide in Ultra widescreen mode on PC .
* Exfil - Player's jackal can get stuck in a locked-on state wherein it continues to speed forward without moving
* Fixed issue where certain UI items were still able to be selected and change the 3D scene view when using a mouse when editing a single loadout. This would occur when mousing over on the left side of the screen in the LoadoutSelect menu while running the game with an aspect ratio wider than 16:9.
* Fix for pre-baked shadows on PC
* Zombies - For PC keyboard - Fix 'unbound' button hint for unpausing a challenge.
* Adding missing processing of the self visibility data in the CPU skinning code.
* Fix estimation of mip chain counts for render targets and all single mip image resources.
* Cinematic hitching playback fix
* Fix an issue where the ship assault briefing window on OpsMap was offset incorrectly on non-16:9 aspect ratios.
* Fixed issue where a LUI error would occur when changing between gamepad and keyboard support.
* Zombies - Global - Users are unable to mute other players while using the Mouse and Keyboard control scheme while in a Zombies match.
* Fixed issue where attaching a controller when in the Gamepad Control Options menu would cause the Gamepad Enable/Disable selection to become inconsistent with the current gamepad enabled status.
* Fixing nameplates on PC when using non 16:9 aspect ratios.
* Invalidate shader cache on video driver version change
* Fixed an issue where when using the gamepad or keyboard to navigate and modify advanced video settings, the settings button being modified would lose focus every time the setting was changed and the "vid_reconfig" command was executed.
* Added "Copy other config" in controls for PC only
* Render resolution is now driven by total pixel count
* Fix the minimap jumping when pitch goes past 90 degrees on PC.
* Fixed issue where gamepad enable/disable option button could be locked if the user closes the game while the gamepad is enabled, disconnects the gamepad, relaunches the game, and declines to switch to mouse and keyboard when the popup to switch appears.
* Various advanced video options and optimal video bug fixes
* The Combat Rig payload/perk preview box will remain overlapping the Loadout previews when moving the mouse cursor down from 'Select Combat Rig' and rapidly pressing F1 and ESC.
* Fixing race condition in network status changed event code
* CP- End of match scoreboard broshot is cut off with a PC using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 at Resolution 1920x1200
* Prevent PC from exiting frame early for throttling in the UI
* Fix for Keyboard and mouse controls are unable to interact with the in-game scoreboard.
* Updated Texture Resolution option on PC to only prompt the user to restart the game to update its setting after it loses focus from the user deselecting it after making a change to its value. If the user decides to not restart, the value returns to its original value before any changes had been made.
* Display numbers instead of special characters for bindings on keys 0-9 when playing in french
* Loadout menu now has Clear buttons on all applicable boxes.
* Loadout menu now has Personalize buttons on the weapon and scope buttons when applicable.
* Weapon name and rarity are moved to a different position to accomodate the new buttons.
* Scope "F1"/"Triangle" personalize hint now only displays if controller is enabled.
* Zombies - fix for facemelter distance ratio being too small
* Shrunk and moved the brightness box down on the PC options so it does not overlap the menu.
* Enable all killstreak actionslot keybindings to work in Drop Zone
* Update to PC FOV Scaler
* Fix for PC bug with cached shadows

Supposedly they've nerfed the Volt on consoles due to it being a monster in competitive.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Carecat posted:

Supposedly they've nerfed the Volt on consoles due whiny esports nerds who represent 0.01% of the population

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Carecat posted:

Supposedly they've nerfed the Volt on consoles due to it being a monster in competitive.

I don't think I've seen anyone use that gun. Weird

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Killing Floor 2 is what CoD zombies always should have been... well, minus the wall running. :iia:

And the pubbies aren't completely idiotic poo poo!

I haven't played kf2 but isn't it a doom clone? That's not why I play zombies

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ethanol posted:

I haven't played kf2 but isn't it a doom clone? That's not why I play zombies

It's a 6 player wave survival game with a boss after a set amount of waves and a simple economy mechanic. There's also a versus mode, but I haven't tried it.

The important part is that it doesn't have bullshit infinitely increasing health, and the zeds actually react to bullets.
The only possible way it can be compared to Doom is that there are cyborg monsters and the sheer amount of gore, but it takes place on earth, it has a Nazi scientist, and there's no Hell.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I got to wraith level 27 but the friggin lobby closed before I could see what I got. It was purple but beyond that, who fuckin knows what it was. It wasn't an emblem, or a calling card, or a camo as far as I can tell. I wish there was a list of the unlocks somewhere.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Might have been scrap.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Has someone on Reddit or somewhere made sense of how the daily bonus works yet? It definitely isn't a daily reset, like a sane game would do. My best guess is that getting your daily bonus sets off a 24-hour timer, and when that expires you're eligible again, but that doesn't seem right since I didn't get one at all last night, and I haven't got one for logging in today either.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It resets at 7 eastern. Even if you don't get see the daily login screen you still get the rewards.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I like Mayday

Javes
May 6, 2012

Had some pretty good games last night. Here's video of me going flawless double AP-3X :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P93b5Oerow (I guess Fuzzy forgot or is too cool to set his voice chat to public)

I also didn't figure out until later that the AP-3X can boost which makes it the best streak in the game (which being the final streak in the game it should be). Warden - AUV - AP-3X will probably be my pubstomp streak setup à la Wraith - HATR - RAPS.

Also, choked a 100 kill KC match. RIP.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Haven't gotten any daily rewards for 3 days now, I don't understand what I can do to get them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I only see them after a full app restart.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Returning this piece of poo poo game to GameStop today. I should have known after Ghosts not to buy an IW Call of Duty game.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I made the qos updates posted earlier in this thread and things now seem more consistent. Still not perfect, but I haven't had as many aggravating deaths in a match. I've been playing mostly hardcore and my shots are registering how I feel they should.

Anyone playing this tire fire right now? I'm done with adulting for the day.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

I got to wraith level 27 but the friggin lobby closed before I could see what I got. It was purple but beyond that, who fuckin knows what it was. It wasn't an emblem, or a calling card, or a camo as far as I can tell. I wish there was a list of the unlocks somewhere.
Sometimes you're better off not knowing anyway. I got my first legendary drop in one of my crates today!

+200 scrap. :suicide:

The loving robot VO just rubbed it in after - 'I've never seen something like that.' 'You deserve it soldier!' :fuckoff:

Serious talk, it might have been another unlock if your faction rank hit a multiple of 10? Factions have their own weapon variants, rig customizations and gestures as well as calling cards and camos. Plus Rigs have their own cosmetic unlocks too.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

housefly posted:

I made the qos updates posted earlier in this thread and things now seem more consistent. Still not perfect, but I haven't had as many aggravating deaths in a match. I've been playing mostly hardcore and my shots are registering how I feel they should.

Anyone playing this tire fire right now? I'm done with adulting for the day.

Yeah I might. But if I were to play a mode that wasn't Frontline, I can't snipe. Spawns are too inconsistent to do regular sniping.

limited posted:

Sometimes you're better off not knowing anyway. I got my first legendary drop in one of my crates today!

+200 scrap. :suicide:

I remember getting the DCM Nuke variant in my first free drops.

Then I realized how awful I am at being a mobile shootman.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

DJCobol posted:

Returning this piece of poo poo game to GameStop today. I should have known after Ghosts not to buy an IW Call of Duty game.

I think we got to play together one night. :sigh:

I've played some BF1 with Ty/Scott and have enjoyed it. I've been too busy this last week to get any game time in, and I'm out of town for a week for Thanksgiving, but after that I hope to get back to BF1 (and maybe some IW).

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

venutolo posted:

I think we got to play together one night. :sigh:

I've played some BF1 with Ty/Scott and have enjoyed it. I've been too busy this last week to get any game time in, and I'm out of town for a week for Thanksgiving, but after that I hope to get back to BF1 (and maybe some IW).

I'm picking up BF1 with my trade in credit at GameStop but same as you, I'm getting ready to leave for home for thanksgiving.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

DJCobol posted:

I'm picking up BF1 with my trade in credit at GameStop but same as you, I'm getting ready to leave for home for thanksgiving.

Remind me to ask you about planes if I don't remember.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Its weird, I have BF1, titanfall 2, and IW and out of the 3 i like IW more. BF1 just feels depressing and dull.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Its weird, I have BF1, titanfall 2, and IW and out of the 3 i like IW more. BF1 just feels depressing and dull.
I've got TF2 and IW, and while TF2 is a amazing game, I've put it down for now. IW just has so many things to unlock, and builds to dick with, even around the annoying as poo poo maps. ( VERTICALITY! But not these tiny platforms you can reach. Or those. Or that one. ) It makes that lil hamster in my brain running the wheel to increase numbers a bit happier at the moment.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
me & mascot are looking for space buddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
this game.. it is a good game