Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Uncle Derek finally flew too close to the sun?

e - catmustard tiger tax

DOMDOM fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Y'all are hosed now.

can confirm

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

I'd stamp out cat tax.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

MomA for mod. We need more diversity.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Marching Powder for mod and new OP.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

mike12345 posted:

MomA for mod. We need more diversity.

He certainly has all the smug and distinct lack of substance we've grown so accustomed to in our mods

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I think MoMA should be mod, would be a lovely idea. Then we can have a nice, long OP with lots of good info about all the good stuff you can do in Star Citizen, rather than just focusing on all of those niggling little negatives.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Beer should get mod buttons in here pretty soon. I've also messaged a second candidate and am waiting for a response. Suggestions still welcome in case they decline.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Y'all are hosed now.

Why? Is this guy gonna be the mod?

Abongination posted:

Radical change is the only solution, Marching Powder for mod with no oversight.

Seriously, if the admins and mods would like to ever kill the Star Shitizen madness on SA, just make him the only mod and watch this place shrivel up and die lmao.

But if not, ah okay... ^ has Beer lol.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

Beer should get mod buttons in here pretty soon. I've also messaged a second candidate and am waiting for a response. Suggestions still welcome in case they decline.

Thanks for not nuking the thread.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I put myself forward as candidate for mod. I've over a 15 year history on this site, have never put any money in this enterprise so I'm unbiased, and I promise to put the least possible effort into keeping this subforum in check.

Vote XK!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

I always thought Scruff Puff an excellent poster and mod material

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLightPurges posted:

Thanks for not nuking the thread.
This forum is actually pretty successful. I'll admit I didn't like the old SC thread in Games much, and it doesn't interest me at all, but the SC forum works a lot better than I would have thought. It's pretty self-contained, mostly polices itself, and seems to serve its purpose well. The regulars obviously enjoy it. I have no problems with it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They'd probably be good, too.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
TBH of that list AP strikes me as the only other one that'd be somewhat acceptable (and gently caress the goddamn doxxing link ffs when a) He didn't post a single link of what he alluded to/claimed and b) Deloria is the one PM spamming him in the first place!) The rest are funny, but either not that regular or just yea...off the walls a bit.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I feel grief.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

now i'm lmbo at all of this

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
not sure what it matters since we're all D_Smart alts anyways :shrug:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
What will Lazrin post about now?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

That's a good question. This thread/subforum has gone through more refactoring than a typical CIG asset.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

To quote Gary Oldman from his speech: VICTORY!

necroid
May 14, 2009

hahaha that was unexpected

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Dreams.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Did Derek really get banned for outing a scammer lmao

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This is such a joke. I'm going to take my Star Citizen discussion to a forum which takes it seriously, the Elite Dangerous forum.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender
We didn't let him finish :smith:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I'm actually a 14 year old russian bride pretending to be a 35 year old central european twat.
Pls dox me to get banned.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Enjoy posted:

Did Derek really get banned for outing a scammer lmao
Doxxing is against the rules, man. Don't know what else to tell you.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

We could discuss what implications the Star Marine re-reveal is going to have on the PU. The high TTK is intriguing since it suggest that death is going to be a big deal in Star Citizen. It's great to see that Chris and the devs are sticking to the hardcore gameplay values they promised us.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Doxxing is against the rules, man. Don't know what else to tell you.

You should at least ban the scammer as well

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

As a 12 years old pre-teen girl, I propose myself as a mod here. I know the difficulties that my fellows can face on the internet and will keep them safe. With a 15 years presence in this forum with a post history that speaks for me, I'm well aware of the mood and would do a good job.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Enjoy posted:

You should at least ban the scammer as well

yes, please, that.

necroid
May 14, 2009

derekt

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I want Steffi Graf.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Zzr posted:

As a 12 years old pre-teen girl, I propose myself as a mod here. I know the difficulties that my fellows can face on the internet and will keep them safe. With a 15 years presence in this forum with a post history that speaks for me, I'm well aware of the mood and would do a good job.

I don't support Zzr as mod, his posts are all hosed up and poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can somebody PM me about the scammer/what the situation is?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
The Derekkoning is finally upon us.
What a day.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Beer, PGabz, Beet, Melkor, all good decision for mod IMO

Yeah those 4 would be my choice for potential mod. I think have all 4 made mods for this section would be good. :yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Is this finally the moment when we turn against Derek Smart?

• Locked thread