Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can somebody PM me about the scammer/what the situation is?

Entrapment is unconstitutional!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Enjoy posted:

Entrapment is unconstitutional!
It's not doxxing in a PM to the mods/admins. Sometimes we need to know about offsite stuff. I just don't want it posted on the forums.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also Beet Wagon has agreed to mod, so welcome your new mods, Beets and Beer!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Let me be among the first to welcome our new overlords, and now that we are finally free from his brutal opression state that I never liked Derek.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I don't have private messages enabled due to online targeted harassment so I'm safe from being picked as a mod.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beets and Beer is also a good dish, so thumbs up for our delicous mods

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can Kayak be an honorary mod? He's a :kayak: though

(he's Beet's dawg)

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not doxxing in a PM to the mods/admins. Sometimes we need to know about offsite stuff. I just don't want it posted on the forums.

Well that post you banned Derek for explains everything.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tippis posted:

Nah, that guy is a twat.
:saddowns:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

his nibs posted:

Can Kayak be an honorary mod? He's a :kayak: though

(he's Beet's dawg)
Yes, he can be dog mod.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, he can be dog mod.

gently caress yeah!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
You should probably ban me too.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

:vince:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Ayn Marx posted:

Is this finally the moment when we turn against Derek Smart?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8y9bNKj7d8&t=55s

Sometimes...the truth isn't good enough.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 20, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

To give a generalized outline someone started posting here pretending to be a teenage girl who put 6000 dollars of gift money into star citizen. People argued with "her" for way too long and Derek took it way to seriously.

Turns out that poster also scams people in various MMOs for gifts by pretending to be a girl or something. They were posting here to get made fun of and stir up sympathy on other forums to get more free spaceships to black market.

In my personal opinion Derek should have just said that was the case instead of posting a 10 paragraph dossier so we could laugh at the scammer but hes like autistic or something and takes stuff super serious.

Its all extremely retarded but mildly entertaining.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

I mean you didn't really go to the extent Derek did.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

And thus a new era of shitposting began.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Enjoy posted:

Did Derek really get banned for outing a scammer lmao

I think the admins have wanted to get rid of Derek for a while now and this whole doxx thing (which Derek does regularly btw) just gave them the convenient excuse to ban him. We've seen posters and other moderators constantly complain that there is no place here for sensible discussion. Derek was clearly biased and constantly attacked people who didn't agree with his insane anti- Chris Roberts crusade. Perhaps with the admins paying more attentions to this thread we can finally move to a new post-hate age of discussion. Maybe in the distant future pledging itself will no longer be considered a crime in this thread and people can freely discuss their fleet compositions. A toast to a brighter future and a brighter Star Citizen thread.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, he can be dog mod.

:five:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
hahahah I remember when Beet came in here first lol, congrats man. You came a long way!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

He's absolutely awful. You don't want him.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I bet Delatoria is the one who reported Derek's post.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kikkelivelho posted:

I think the admins have wanted to get rid of Derek for a while now and this whole doxx thing (which Derek does regularly btw) just gave them the convenient excuse to ban him. We've seen posters and other moderators constantly complain that there is no place here for sensible discussion. Derek was clearly biased and constantly attacked people who didn't agree with his insane anti- Chris Roberts crusade. Perhaps with the admins paying more attentions to this thread we can finally move to a new post-hate age of discussion. Maybe in the distant future pledging itself will no longer be considered a crime in this thread and people can freely discuss their fleet compositions. A toast to a brighter future and a brighter Star Citizen thread.
Lmfao no. I'll admit Derek rubbed me the wrong way, but I was happy to leave this place alone. But mods really, really can't doxx people. It's bad enough when a regular use does it. When mods do it, it's extremely bad for the forums.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

XK posted:

It wasn't reported, I found it from a link in another thread.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

The election was rigged!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Finally no more censorship regarding LoD ;)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also what is Delatoria's actual username because I swear I'm not finding this person.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

Why? You didn't post any links other than your PM image from Deloria, you did it proper.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmfao no. I'll admit Derek rubbed me the wrong way, but I was happy to leave this place alone. But mods really, really can't doxx people. It's bad enough when a regular use does it. When mods do it, it's extremely bad for the forums.

lol that you're an admin and you don't know kikkelivelho's gimmick.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What thread is linking here?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's completely understandable. I remember the FBI and Secret Service incidents.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Also this

XK posted:

Sorry, Facts, but I don't believe you no mo!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Congratulations Beer and Beet Wagon. Seriously, you guys will do a terrific job.

If we need one more, I nominate The Titanic. She's kind and level-headed, and also funny.

Also, write a blog about this injustice and get legal to sue Lowtax Derek you nutjob.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

FactsAreUseless posted:

How much are you in commando ?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

AP posted:

If you want to link me a bannable post I guess I can, but I skimmed a few pages of your post history and it seems fine.

XK posted:

lol that you're an admin and you don't know kikkelivelho's gimmick.
I really don't follow this forum, like I said. That's why I wanted regulars to be new mods right away.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also what is Delatoria's actual username because I swear I'm not finding this person.

Which one do you want, there's a couple of dozen scatter all over various gaming community's in attempts to raise 10's of thousands of dollars.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You fuckers better make the cat tax mandatory, or I'm going to make FAU ban you too

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Cool, once we get a new mod do we ever have to see you again FAU?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Remember when the poster said "who let the doxx out" as a joke and was told to never post in this thread again? How times change.

Derek was never mod material. He just didn't have the temperament. Better to have folks who aren't going to freak out over jokes or criticism. Now if we could only outlaw cat pics the thread would be great again.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D1E posted:

Congratulations Beer and Beet Wagon. Seriously, you guys will do a terrific job.

If we need one more, I nominate The Titanic. She's kind and level-headed, and also funny.

Also, write a blog about this injustice and get legal to sue Lowtax Derek you nutjob.

nooooooo, leave it as it is goddamit.

Actually, I found Derek to be a better mod than most anal-retentive dipshits but yea...a bit too loose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

AP posted:

Which one do you want, there's a couple of dozen scatter all over various gaming community's in attempts to raise 10's of thousands of dollars.
SA stuff. PM me, I'm just trying to get some info, and I'm a dumbass who didn't save Derek's post. :downs:

• Locked thread