Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

Legacy of kain was pretty good

Crystal Dynamics held their hand through that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Re4 is one of my favorite games of all time. I bought it as soon as I saw Adam Sessler give it the coveted five...out of five.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the Sess would do a web series in the style of X Play. It's gotta be relatively cheap to do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adam Sessler, Morgan Webb and Tommy Tallarico in the Gamer Lounge. Please

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

NickRoweFillea posted:

five...out of five.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Adam Sessler, Morgan Webb and Tommy Tallarico in the Gamer Lounge. Please

The gamer valhalla

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was just thinking it would be really cool to emulate umbrella chronicles at a high framerate, that game was really good but it chugged a lot and it hurt the game imo. was the sequel also good?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

i was just thinking it would be really cool to emulate umbrella chronicles at a high framerate, that game was really good but it chugged a lot and it hurt the game imo. was the sequel also good?

Didn't both come out on PS3 as well?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
At the same time, at the same place.

You have to survive this nightmare to know the true end.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Wish I could get Nemesis out of my hair for two drat seconds. Frig off dude, let me pick up a drat crank in peace for once

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

RICHFART

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Didn't both come out on PS3 as well?

tfw you traded your ps3 for a ps4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

tfw you traded your ps3 for a ps4

Oooff

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

rediscover posted:

Wish I could get Nemesis out of my hair for two drat seconds. Frig off dude, let me pick up a drat crank in peace for once

You should fight him when he appears.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
If you knock Nemesis down enough, you get the lever shotgun from Terminator 2.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Copper Vein posted:

If you knock Nemesis down enough, you get the lever shotgun from Terminator 2.

I love that gun

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You should fight him when he appears.

I know you get cool guns and stuff but I'm bad at fighting him and he scares me so maybe later. I know how the drops work and I'm pretty sure I already missed out on the cool shot gun or whatever.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bump. the clock tower is bad rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not RE but I was thinking about how much I love the silent hill 1 high school. I must get my ps2 set up again and play sh2 ASAP

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

Bump. the clock tower is bad rear end

Make more freeze Grenades

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Not RE but I was thinking about how much I love the silent hill 1 high school. I must get my ps2 set up again and play sh2 ASAP

It's an elementary school and it's based off the one from kindergarten cop

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

rediscover posted:

I know you get cool guns and stuff but I'm bad at fighting him and he scares me so maybe later. I know how the drops work and I'm pretty sure I already missed out on the cool shot gun or whatever.

He can be meleed to death at least a couple of times by abusing the dodge mechanic, but his pattern is a little different every time so you need to be willing to die but to figure it out

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I remember him being reasonably easy to kill, but then again I was raised on re and was well seasoned by that point.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

frank.club posted:

It's an elementary school and it's based off the one from kindergarten cop

is that true lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I remember him being reasonably easy to kill, but then again I was raised on re and was well seasoned by that point.

I just killed him for the first time and got EAGLE PARTS A and I'm at the part now where I'm playing as carlos and jill is infected and I'm scared I waited to late to start fighting him and in to close to the end to kill him on th[nrandom encounters enough for the loot.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

me and my friend are playing RE4 side by side right now where we both hit new game at the same time and it's so much drat fun. Strat discussion is getting heated

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

rediscover posted:

I just killed him for the first time and got EAGLE PARTS A and I'm at the part now where I'm playing as carlos and jill is infected and I'm scared I waited to late to start fighting him and in to close to the end to kill him on th[nrandom encounters enough for the loot.

You need to be killing him early iirc. Like when you see him outside the newspaper office.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yeah in general you either clown on nemmy the entire game or don't bother. The stuff he drops is kinda nice but it is not at all necessary and to get all the cool stuff you need to kill him a lot

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think there's 2 free kills on him. Once in the restaurant where you can blow him up and also somewhere else that escapes me.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

is that true lol

Yeah everything from the buildings architecture and layout to like signs you see in the movie that are the basis for some textures you see

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

frank.club posted:

Yeah everything from the buildings architecture and layout to like signs you see in the movie that are the basis for some textures you see

lol awesome

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think there's 2 free kills on him. Once in the restaurant where you can blow him up and also somewhere else that escapes me.

the one in the restaurant isn't a free kill, it's a free down. poo poo blows up and he falls over but if you don't walk away quick-like he gets back up and comes after you again, no items for downing him in this way

i think the other free down you're thinking of is on the clock tower where you can throw a power cable at him while he's standing in some water

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

me and my friend are playing RE4 side by side right now where we both hit new game at the same time and it's so much drat fun. Strat discussion is getting heated

Pro strat: when you use the knife to break boxes and crates, immediately Swing again to kill any wayward snakes living in there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Pro strat: when you use the knife to break boxes and crates, immediately Swing again to kill any wayward snakes living in there

this is great spelunky advice too except whip instead of knife

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
REmake wesker shooting bees inside a house while wearing sunglasses at night

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I got a free kill at the clock tower balcony by zapping him with a cord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

What the hell do you take me for. Some kind of hosed up idiot noob? Frig off mate.

• Locked thread