Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think the OP has the most efficient way to get Hole/Sacred Crystals, that's my major roadblock right bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you get holy crystals by trying to get sacred crystals instead. you get sacred crystals in the 10 energy intermediate vortex, except i've actually had a lot more success in the 20 energy version. that typically splits between holy and sacred but its extremely rare i dont average at least 1 sacred crystal per 10 energy, and its extremely rare that i do average that in the intermediate map.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't think the OP has the most efficient way to get Hole/Sacred Crystals, that's my major roadblock right bow.

Chamber of awakening Pro. You might get six to drop or you might get none. All up to the whimsy of the RNG.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

big cummers ONLY posted:

Reposting from last thread because I think it got swallowed up - is there a reason to do Arena as a newbie? I thought the first 5 fights a day would give you lapis win or lose but I haven't been getting rewards the past couple of days.

I answered your question in the OP :smug:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's at the VERY end of the third OP post.

They changed it so now, seems like you can get them at any level but the range of how many you get varied on RNG. You could run INT 5 times and get 2 every time or run PRO 5 times and get 5,5,0,0,0. It's silly.

It sucks because INT used to average 2 crystals, now it's much more spread out and awful. So the best thing you can do is make sure you buy all the Sacred/Holy Crystals from King Mog and pray that your PRO runs grant you good RNG.

edit: Alright I'm done with the OP for tonight.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 20, 2016

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

PaybackJack posted:

I answered your question in the OP :smug:

I am an idiot because I cannot find it. My question is, do the first five fights/day in the PvP Arena give you lapis like I thought or can I just do the Col to move forward in there? I am not only not getting rewards in my mailbox, but even messages saying I earned a reward. I thought last week I was getting those. Sorry if it's really obvious in the OP but I read the thing and skimmed it again and didn't see it :smith:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

big cummers ONLY posted:

I am an idiot because I cannot find it. My question is, do the first five fights/day in the PvP Arena give you lapis like I thought or can I just do the Col to move forward in there? I am not only not getting rewards in my mailbox, but even messages saying I earned a reward. I thought last week I was getting those. Sorry if it's really obvious in the OP but I read the thing and skimmed it again and didn't see it :smith:

Participation awards should be received in your mailbox. I'm pretty sure you don't have to win to get them, but they aren't always lapis either, sometimes it's just a potion. If you aren't getting them, log out back in, if they still aren't there message support. If you're a newbie though, I suggest you do Coliseum which also has Lapis awards at various levels, along with good gear.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

So, I know someone said it takes a few days to get them, but has anyone else seen rewards from last week's arena yet? I still haven't. I'm wondering if the tiers being messed up screwed us all out of rewards.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Cleared off some inactives and put Maxwell up as a "thank you" for the hot strats posted. Will go back to Luneth after the event is finally done:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

deathbagel posted:

So, I know someone said it takes a few days to get them, but has anyone else seen rewards from last week's arena yet? I still haven't. I'm wondering if the tiers being messed up screwed us all out of rewards.

I feel like they might be holding off on it to look into apk injectors, since they're likely taking up top spots that should be going to other players.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
:frogsiren: Attention Macro boys and girls :frogsiren:

It seems like Memu 2.9.1.1 is very unstable. I had like 3 crashes in 3 hours running the ultimate TMs. Now back to 2.8.6 I had NO crashes 5 hours in.

I also could not find any improvements in performance or otherwise. Version 2.8.6 just runs as fine as 2.9.1.1.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Hey Mylan can I borrow your super Elza? I wanna give Maxwell a few more tries and really need a carry.

Drinkfist's Friend Code:
996 437 855

If not Mylan then anyone who thinks they got a friend unit that can simply kill Maxwell and nothing more. I am just trying to at least get the Trust Moogle out of this garbage.

Vax posted:

:frogsiren: Attention Macro boys and girls :frogsiren:

It seems like Memu 2.9.1.1 is very unstable. I had like 3 crashes in 3 hours running the ultimate TMs. Now back to 2.8.6 I had NO crashes 5 hours in.

I also could not find any improvements in performance or otherwise. Version 2.8.6 just runs as fine as 2.9.1.1.

Any idea what they did to cause all the crashing recently? Everything was working fine a few weeks ago and then with the Mission update all the Memus started reporting crashes all over the place.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it might be easier to kill Maxwell with a buff CoD, the big single target damage nuke wrecks her hard

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

It seems like they fixed save scumming, or else they really just hate me and the fact that with Fenrir's CoD I was about to win.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
No, save scumming still works, it's just a horrible fight.

Which I haven't beaten yet, despite burning the Lapis to get Cecil and Refia to 100.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just bought 20 more slots because I want more goon friends! I am still a new player with a scrubby but soon to be great Elza - I play daily, send gifts and appreciate any help offered by adding me! 986 394 722

Edit: might as well add a question. At the recommendation from the old thread, I am using 5 star Elza, and all 3 star Lenna, Vivi, Kefka and Rydia.

Some units I have gotten since last asking are 4 star Luna, Russel and Alamo but I assume they are not worth swapping into my team. I also got Renaldo, Penelo, Shantotto, Sabin, Celes, Kujo, Duanne, Galuf, Kenyu and Arc, all 3 star. I heard that all of the Exvius units are trash but are any of the others I have here worth swapping into my team?

Edit 2: my team is around level 30 right now too so I am pretty invested in them. I have been ignoring Rain et al - I assume that the default characters shouldn't be leveled?

rio fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 20, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rio posted:

I just bought 20 more slots because I want more goon friends! I am still a new player with a scrubby but soon to be great Elza - I play daily, send gifts and appreciate any help offered by adding me! 986 394 722

Edit: might as well add a question. At the recommendation from the old thread, I am using 5 star Elza, and all 3 star Lenna, Vivi, Kefka and Rydia.

Some units I have gotten since last asking are 4 star Luna, Russel and Alamo but I assume they are not worth swapping into my team. I also got Renaldo, Penelo, Shantotto, Sabin, Celes, Kujo, Duanne, Galuf, Kenyu and Arc, all 3 star. I heard that all of the Exvius units are trash but are any of the others I have here worth swapping into my team?

Edit 2: my team is around level 30 right now too so I am pretty invested in them. I have been ignoring Rain et al - I assume that the default characters shouldn't be leveled?

Swap out Vivi for Arc, Arc is for the forseeable future a strictly better Vivi. Otherwise, no changes.

Also, sent you a friend req.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

Hey Mylan can I borrow your super Elza? I wanna give Maxwell a few more tries and really need a carry.

Drinkfist's Friend Code:
996 437 855

If not Mylan then anyone who thinks they got a friend unit that can simply kill Maxwell and nothing more. I am just trying to at least get the Trust Moogle out of this garbage.

Any idea what they did to cause all the crashing recently? Everything was working fine a few weeks ago and then with the Mission update all the Memus started reporting crashes all over the place.

Sent you an invite, my Elza's dual wielding her TM scyths and while lacking some of the more juicy TMs hits like a truck.

I have a few spots left at 713,079,978

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I was so jealous when I looked at your Elza's scythes, Kalas.

Though that reminds me, is there a particular reason why you have her equipped with NO Esper? Not even Ifrit?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I used the exploit to summon Diabolos in the Maxwell fight and now I'm kinda panicking, I heard JP players got banned for a similar one in the Maze event. I haven't put any money into this but starting over would drive my OCD insane.

Also ran into a dumb arena team of Cecil, 3 Arc and a Lightning. Didn't seem too bad.
The Arcs knew Meteor. All three of them.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

AegisP posted:

I was so jealous when I looked at your Elza's scythes, Kalas.

Though that reminds me, is there a particular reason why you have her equipped with NO Esper? Not even Ifrit?

Oh, she usually has Ifrit for the event, but I've been moving people around for various things.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

HGH posted:

Also ran into a dumb arena team of Cecil, 3 Arc and a Lightning. Didn't seem too bad.
The Arcs knew Meteor. All three of them.

That is awesome and I am jealous.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I posted in the last thread that I wished I could watch other teams fight my Kefka/Exdeath equipped with Ultima and Meteor respectively. Like a day after I posted that I ran into the exact same setup on an enemy team, and it was a hilariously unpleasant surprise

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

HGH posted:

I used the exploit to summon Diabolos in the Maxwell fight and now I'm kinda panicking, I heard JP players got banned for a similar one in the Maze event. I haven't put any money into this but starting over would drive my OCD insane.

I seriously doubt Gumi cares.

Zabkable
Jul 20, 2004

eternally frustrated
One day there will be an event or units I don't need xp for, then I can finally grind these precious TMs.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kalas posted:

Oh, she usually has Ifrit for the event, but I've been moving people around for various things.

At level 1?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
I started playing after all the easy esper farm events. I dumped everything into Diablos to get him to ** for this event.
I don't have much to level the espers up with.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just like to add that I cleared out so many slots that even with having added seven or so goons, I still have like 20 slots open. Even if you don't necessarily need another sweet lightning, don't hold back. 103, 135, 071

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The FFT exploration event was such an amazing boon for Esper leveling that I feel really bad for anyone who started after it and/or wish a future exploration event has similarly good returns.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

AegisP posted:

The FFT exploration event was such an amazing boon for Esper leveling that I feel really bad for anyone who started after it and/or wish a future exploration event has similarly good returns.

I was just going to post this. I got literally all my espers to max just from doing that exploration for like..... 3 days. It was ludicrous

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

McSpankWich posted:

I was just going to post this. I got literally all my espers to max just from doing that exploration for like..... 3 days. It was ludicrous

Phantom Forest is obv not as good, but still solid for esper leveling. I probably should concentrate on it more but so much stuff to do to try and get myself set up right going forward. I can't even TM farm properly because the NRG is going to cactuars right now =/

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Not just espers but hero ring mats too. I got all my espers to max level, have enough leftovers to max the next one (Carbuncle?), and crafted 8 or so hero rings. They haven't even put magicite up for sale since the Mog cake event,new players are just getting hooped.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

I have a super buff DK Cecil friend, max Cecil, and max WM Fina. And an unmaxed Refia. And that's about it. Any way that can get me through Maxwell? I don't have any breaks of any kind really.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We all just got paid, check your inbox if you ranked in the arena last week.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

I have a super buff DK Cecil friend, max Cecil, and max WM Fina. And an unmaxed Refia. And that's about it. Any way that can get me through Maxwell? I don't have any breaks of any kind really.

No breaks is gonna hurt you bad. You can try cheesing it, but still really doubtful.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If all else fails, slap a Power/Magic Break on somebody?

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Shark Tower posted:

No breaks is gonna hurt you bad. You can try cheesing it, but still really doubtful.

How do you cheese it?

AegisP posted:

If all else fails, slap a Power/Magic Break on somebody?

My espers aren't that high level yet ;(

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Does anyone know exactly how much these stat pots actually boost your stats? I want to toss them onto Cecil or ExDeath, but there is of course no UI confirmation of anything prior to fusion. I know what their max boosts are from the wiki, but I don't want to waste them by overstuffing anybody.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

New players, make sure to try the arena at least once a week, even if you lose. It earns you a mini tough pot and 5 arena summon tickets.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

How do you cheese it?

My espers aren't that high level yet ;(

Save scumming. It's talked about in the previous thread, so check there.

But really, doubt you can do more than drop her for the moogle. Even people with full breakers and Max Cecil's and refias had a tough time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

New players, make sure to try the arena at least once a week, even if you lose. It earns you a mini tough pot and 5 arena summon tickets.

Hell, losing at the arena gives you the same participation awards each day as winning at it - 40 Lapis, an Ether, a Potion, and a Star Quartz.

The lapis and Star Quartzes in particular add up after enough days, and all you need to do is just do your basic 5 matches a day.

• Locked thread