Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

The Saucer Hovers posted:

The Costco I'm forced to shop at is the busiest Costco in the world.

If you think you've suffered come to my Costco.

I let my membership expire for this reason. The closest Costco to me always had a completely full parking lot, you had to go at like 2pm on a workday to make it tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
I will say, as a pesto nerd, that the jumbo bottle of pesto they sell at Costco is awesome. Great price, great quality.

Can one of you active Costco goons hook me up with a quick price quote for 4 tires? Website won't allow non-Costco proles like myself to get prices on certain items.

Michelin - Premier LTX

Item #: 1087715
Manufacturer Part #: 93425
Tire Size: 265/60R18 110T

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I tried buying a car through Costco, the prices were okay but not great. I ended up going the traditional route of having a friend of a friend hook me up at the dealership. Probably wouldn't attempt again.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

JnnyThndrs posted:

That's par for the course when you do DC and warehouse work though, the fact that I had to get up at 3am to deliver paper products to three different Costco stores 90 miles apart by 6:30am doesn't mean they're a selfish evil company, just means that a lot of stuff needs to happen 24/7.

Oh I wasn't saying they are an evil company or anything, employees are treated pretty well, especially for retail but I just hate having to wake up so early. :firstworldproblems:

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

AmbientParadox posted:

If you're not making a free onion salad every time you go to Costco, you are literally doing it wrong.

I also enjoy eating meals made entirely from free condiments.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

When do they bring out the Popcornopolis samples? Nothing sends people into frenzy like free zebra popcorn samples.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ArtIsResistance posted:

Somehow I miss when you were just a bad poster who tried to be good instead of a bad poster who tried to be a meany-pants

:ssh: I so rarely do this, and I've thoroughly enjoyed this time. :ssh:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I have a giant thing of crushed red pepper I got at Costco when I first got a college apartment in 2006. It is a decade later and it still isn't finished despite how much crushed red pepper I eat. The pepper is stale and not as flavorful. Still I refuse to relent. If I die before I complete this task, pour the rest of it in my dead mouth and bury me like the failure I am.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

grellgraxer posted:

I will say, as a pesto nerd, that the jumbo bottle of pesto they sell at Costco is awesome. Great price, great quality.

They've changed their pesto several times over the past 15+ years, it used to be amazingly good with lot of pine nuts and basil, now it's more on the cheesy side and more cheap filler stuff so it's not as good. Still decent buy though.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tato posted:

I have a giant thing of crushed red pepper I got at Costco when I first got a college apartment in 2006. It is a decade later and it still isn't finished despite how much crushed red pepper I eat. The pepper is stale and not as flavorful. Still I refuse to relent. If I die before I complete this task, pour the rest of it in my dead mouth and bury me like the failure I am.

How much do you have left?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Tato posted:

if its stale just use more, then youll use it up faster and you can get your new jar for 2016-2026

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

grellgraxer posted:

Can one of you active Costco goons hook me up with a quick price quote for 4 tires? Website won't allow non-Costco proles like myself to get prices on certain items.

Michelin - Premier LTX

Item #: 1087715
Manufacturer Part #: 93425
Tire Size: 265/60R18 110T

Regular Price:$204.99 Each
Price(Set of 4): $819.96

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

FogHelmut posted:

I tried buying a car through Costco, the prices were okay but not great. I ended up going the traditional route of having a friend of a friend hook me up at the dealership. Probably wouldn't attempt again.

I used Costco as a baseline and also a way to not have pushy salesmen during my test drives. In the end I got a dealer to match another dealers internet pricing though and it was about $2000 less than the Costco price.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

Im almost always the smartest person in the room actually

Only exception is when someone else is the room.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

VendaGoat posted:

:ssh: I so rarely do this, and I've thoroughly enjoyed this time. :ssh:

don't fall down the hole of mean posting, it's tough to climb out and become a ray of sunshine on the forums but on the plus side if you get all your aggression out on the internet you get to be a ray of sunshine in real life :sun:

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If you have memories of shopping at costco your parents must have had a home business or were rich or both

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

C. Everett Koop posted:

Only exception is when someone else is the room.

Luckily this is a rare and self-correcting occurrence

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Kirkland Signature Lobster Bisque. 4/5, very good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ColoradoCleric posted:

If you have memories of shopping at costco your parents must have had a home business or were rich or both

it was called Price Club!!!!!!

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Price Club and Costco merged in, what, '90 or so? Before that, they were two separate entities that felt exactly the same when you were inside. I know there was a Price Club near me in ~'86, and even then it was always packed.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

I got my car through Costco's Auto Program, and it was a great experience. I've never had to shop for a new car before, but since I already knew what I wanted (Honda Fit), they took all the stress out of it. They sent me to a dealer (unfortunately it wasn't the closest one), I got close to the wholesale price, and the only thing we had to haggle about was the trade-in value for my old car. In the end, I got exactly what I expected for it, after they initially tried to lowball me. But I was treated much better than I expected to be at the dealership, and it was quick and painless. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially if you already know what you want.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I buy these 14 pound containers of Delicat (garbage-tier cat food) for the stray cats in my area and the 14 pound container is $36.99 on Amazon Prime. At Cosco? The exact same identical thing (Delicat 14 lb container) is $15.99. A loving 21 dollar difference. God bless Costco.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Costco goon meet tomorrow?

Ok, I'm the white guy

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I buy these 14 pound containers of Delicat (garbage-tier cat food) for the stray cats in my area and the 14 pound container is $36.99 on Amazon Prime. At Cosco? The exact same identical thing (Delicat 14 lb container) is $15.99. A loving 21 dollar difference. God bless Costco.

jesus christ stop feeding the stray cats, who gives a gently caress

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

all of your neighbors want to murder you.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

Chinatown posted:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The gently caress is wrong with you

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Chinatown posted:

When we first moved into our house 4 years ago we had a lot of stray and feral cats running around pissing, making GBS threads and killing lots of birds and lizards (you know, the natural and native wildlife). We first got a trap from the county and caught 3 ferals the first week. We then just bought our own cat trap and caught, total, 17 (That's a one with a seven after it) in a three month period. We have a neighbor two houses down that we call the 'crazy cat lady', you know the type, unkempt, probably-hoarder as seen by all the poo poo under her carport who just *hates* us for doing that, even though at the time we had our own cat that was indoors and not loving up nature.
One time we caught this sweet little kitten that we ended up giving to our other neighbors down the road, they named her 'Sugar'. One time she escaped the house and they were looking for her, told us about it and hung some Lost Cat flyers around with a picture. The next day we got a text from them saying they found her, she was fine and everything was gravy. When I got the mail there was one of their flyers stuffed in our mailbox with a very serial-killer like crookedly-written 'CAT KILLER' along the bottom of the flyer. lmao @ crazy cat lady

Anyway yeah feeding feral cats is probably doing untold amounts of ecological damage so if you are cool with that and also don't give a poo poo about anyone else around you then keep on feeding them. Just know that you are doing far, far more damage that you realize.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

KakerMix posted:

When we first moved into our house 4 years ago we had a lot of stray and feral cats running around pissing, making GBS threads and killing lots of birds and lizards (you know, the natural and native wildlife). We first got a trap from the county and caught 3 ferals the first week. We then just bought our own cat trap and caught, total, 17 (That's a one with a seven after it) in a three month period. We have a neighbor two houses down that we call the 'crazy cat lady', you know the type, unkempt, probably-hoarder as seen by all the poo poo under her carport who just *hates* us for doing that, even though at the time we had our own cat that was indoors and not loving up nature.
One time we caught this sweet little kitten that we ended up giving to our other neighbors down the road, they named her 'Sugar'. One time she escaped the house and they were looking for her, told us about it and hung some Lost Cat flyers around with a picture. The next day we got a text from them saying they found her, she was fine and everything was gravy. When I got the mail there was one of their flyers stuffed in our mailbox with a very serial-killer like crookedly-written 'CAT KILLER' along the bottom of the flyer. lmao @ crazy cat lady

Anyway yeah feeding feral cats is probably doing untold amounts of ecological damage so if you are cool with that and also don't give a poo poo about anyone else around you then keep on feeding them. Just know that you are doing far, far more damage that you realize.

feral cats are cool and if you feed them they might murder less???????????????

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

deadwing posted:

feral cats are cool and if you feed them they might murder less???????????????

They don't, cat's love killing for the pleasure of it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's why we've kept them around and (partially) domesticated them. So the rats wouldn't eat the grain we wanted to make alcohol from.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

I didn't know feeding hungry domestic animals was so controversial

1) I have had the same three cats coming to my home for years. I am not attracting any new ones.

2) I've trapped every one of them, paid to get them fixed, and released them

3) one of them had a neurological disorder where he walked like he was drunk all of the time. Could barely cross the street. I trapped him and got him a permanent home. He would have been hit by a car or raccoon food a week later.

4) My neighbors love me and my loud rap music

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

I didn't know feeding hungry domestic animals was so controversial

1) I have had the same three cats coming to my home for years. I am not attracting any new ones.

2) I've trapped every one of them, paid to get them fixed, and released them

3) one of them had a neurological disorder where he walked like he was drunk all of the time. Could barely cross the street. I trapped him and got him a permanent home. He would have been hit by a car or raccoon food a week later.

4) My neighbors love me and my loud rap music

What controversy? Feral cats are a nuisance at best (cat poo poo in your garden) and ecological disasters at worst (rip native bird populations). Domesticated cats should be inside with people, on their laps and jumping on their keyboards demanding attention, not out getting hit by cars and getting trapped by angry neighbors like me when they wander into my yard.

Like yeah do what you are going to do and say whatever you want to say to yourself to make yourself feel good about it but a feral cat is an invasive pest.

I looked to see if Costco sold cat traps and this is what I've found:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ElGroucho posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you

Isn't it obvious? he has the brain eating mindcontrol cat parasite

:toxogond:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

What controversy? Feral cats are a nuisance at best (cat poo poo in your garden) and ecological disasters at worst (rip native bird populations). Domesticated cats should be inside with people, on their laps and jumping on their keyboards demanding attention, not out getting hit by cars and getting trapped by angry neighbors like me when they wander into my yard.

Like yeah do what you are going to do and say whatever you want to say to yourself to make yourself feel good about it but a feral cat is an invasive pest.

I looked to see if Costco sold cat traps and this is what I've found:

From what I have read, even if I brought them to a shelter to have them euthanized, then other cats will just "take their place" since they are territorial.

So anyway I leave food out so they can come to me and I can trap them to get them fixed and get their shots and all that good stuff; plus to look for new ones. Since it's in my backyard, I have a motion camera (for security anyway) and I check every once in a while if a new cat shows up. It's the same 3 cats.

Once it was a different cat (the disabled one) that I got a home. One other time it was a cat that was skin and bones. Obviously dumped by the previous owner or lost and not sought. This was solidified by the fact that when I released him, he rubbed up against my leg instead of running away like they usually do. Long story short he absolutely was an abandoned house cat, and my mother-in-law took him in and he's an amazing pet now. So two off the street, and the 3 "regulars" aren't reproducing on the account of me having paid to get their nuts cut off.

The neighbors do not give a poo poo (none have said anything to me) most likely because you never see the cats during the day (they only come at like 2am) and they don't piss or poo poo anywhere that I have seen. So I don't even think my neighbor's know they exist.

Before I started feeding them, they'd go through people's garbage, so they aren't going anywhere when the Costco cat food train stops.

If the 3 were not feral, I'd find them homes, but since idiots don't fix their pets and let them roam the streets, nothing is going to change. Especially with the "keeping them cooped up in the house all day is abuse!!" types.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Glazier posted:

Regular Price:$204.99 Each
Price(Set of 4): $819.96

Cool thanks mang. I think Costco might end up cheaper than tirerack + delivery + installation. Plus Costco uses nitrogen to inflate the tires.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Xaris posted:

They've changed their pesto several times over the past 15+ years, it used to be amazingly good with lot of pine nuts and basil, now it's more on the cheesy side and more cheap filler stuff so it's not as good. Still decent buy though.

Haven't bought Costco pesto in a few years and hearing that vexes me greatly. Cheesy pesto is loving weak.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
im wearing costco socks rn just fyi

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
We only have sam's club here, the evil knock off version of costco. better than no costco I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

shoophobo posted:

im wearing costco socks rn just fyi

I used to but they stopped selling anything bigger than size 12s :(

Why did they stop selling them? It's hard enough finding cool kicks in size 15 and now I gotta buy my socks on Amazon like a maroon.

Also I got my father-in-law this thing a few weeks ago from Costco:

http://christmasbeer.net/2016-costco-beer-advent-calendar/

24 different beers for every day in December until Christmas. Anyway long story short but I went back yesterday and was going to buy myself one but they were completely gone! There had to be 30 of them there when I got the one a few weeks ago.