Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

clam ache posted:

Thats all women. *

*that i have met or dated.

I also have no idea how to do an engine swap so she wasn't thrilled about a non working car in the garage again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
You clearly married the wrong person. :(

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Wasabi the J posted:

I also have no idea how to do an engine swap so she wasn't thrilled about a non working car in the garage again

I thought that what garages were for tho

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

clam ache posted:

I feel your pain. I grew up with a neighbor who had an LT1 in a fiero. It was so cool to 13 year old me. He let me cruise with him a few times. That car is AMAZEBALLS with that much power. A vega with a v8 is also the appropriate way to run those cars. There is also some vega hatchbacks in the train photo. Of which non survived rust and cash for clunkers. That is my holy grail of car's. Ive seen two in my life. The first one was rusted in half at the fenders and broken over a tower of cars. And the other one is stuck behind some dudes garage slowly rusting in piece.

Please don't use the word AMAZEBALLS ever again.

Thank you,

The entire world

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
AMAZEBALLS: THE FRANCHISE

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

AMAZEBALLS: THE FRANCHISE

It'll do something to your balls, for sure.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
At least when it breaks and whips you in the nuts you'll forget how painful it was to lose your foot .005 seconds earlier.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

There was a Vega out in Vegas thar was on sale and extremely clean last year. I didn't get it because my wife said no because she hates fun and doesn't understand I'm having fun when I'm thrashing around under the hood of my cars.

Should have bought so you could post about it in the Horrible Mechanical Failures thread and we could all laugh at you.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Deteriorata posted:

Should have bought so you could post about it in the Horrible Mechanical Failures thread and we could all laugh at you.

I don't know, depending on where he lives, I would gladly follow a thread about a guy in Montana trying to keep a Vega from rusting in half

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well ive got a brand new combine harvester and ill give you the key

You sod, that's stuck in my head now.

ObPics:

Itzena fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 22, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is that a fukken biturbo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Itzena posted:

You sod, that's stuck in my head now.

ObPics:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Is that a fukken biturbo

I literally said that in my head and then scrolled down to this.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Wow, someone really hates themselves.

I approve, that is some authentic Automotive Insanity.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLaTupw-hk

:stare:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Is that a fukken biturbo

We found your next car.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

"Other people make mistakes"

No god damned poo poo Sherlock.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This thing sounds amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAgLSy371us

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Is that a fukken biturbo

That is indeed a Maserati BiTurbo crowbarred into the front of a mint green Ford Pop. From the same show:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ZVwvskdJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGom8Y5wAow

case
Mar 27, 2005

some more pictures of that CX http://visaforum.freeforums.org/open-top-cx-t1481.html

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ThvMr7I6I

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Friend of mine had a fun day today

He says he'll send me full res pictures and some commentary about what went on so I can make a post about it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is that Buttonwillow? I haven't been there in 12 years :(

Anyways I saw this Pontiac parked. Anybody know what year / model it is? Sorry I didn't get better pics, it's night and a dog was pulling my arm.

The fender marker didn't really come out... :( It said 8 in the middle though.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Yes, 1:35ish around CW13.

Last time I was there was superlap battle 2010 I think, we won our class and set a new track record of 1:48.5 with a Subaru on treaded r-comps.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've only done HPDE kinda stuff in a '92 Mazda Protege and once in my Mazda 3, so I'll just have to guess that 1:35 is a good time for that configuration :)

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Here's the fastest lap in that config by a time attack car and probably any actual production car with a vin number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iao3USeZFUQ

Please excuse Billy's terrible editing/music.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Itzena posted:

That is indeed a Maserati BiTurbo crowbarred into the front of a mint green Ford Pop. From the same show:

I really love the CX — I learned to drive in my mom's silver CX 22 Pallas with the original spaceship dashboard. Wonderful cars; comfortable cruisers that also handle beautifully because of the suspension design. My dream project is to restore one in the future...

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

CharlesM posted:

Is that Buttonwillow? I haven't been there in 12 years :(

Anyways I saw this Pontiac parked. Anybody know what year / model it is? Sorry I didn't get better pics, it's night and a dog was pulling my arm.

The fender marker didn't really come out... :( It said 8 in the middle though.

Looks like a first gen Pontiac Chieftain.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

xzzy posted:

It might be relevant for tax breaks. Like around 2013 they shifted the tax credit from "buying a hybrid" (ie, a prius) to "buying an electric vehicle" (some/all of the power sent to the tires comes from an electric motor).

I'm not sure where the Volt falls in that scheme. I mean it's obviously "mostly battery powered" and should be considered an EV, but it's not pure EV like a Tesla. I ain't digging through tax codes to determine what actually qualifies though.

It's a Plug-in Hybrid EV. A Tesla or Bolt is a Battery EV. A Mirai is a Fuel Cell EV.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Powershift posted:

There are 2000hp 4G63s on methanol.

The TS050 LMP1 car toyota is running this year is a 989hp 2.4l V6tt and those are supposed to last 24 hours or halfway through a tire wall, whichever comes first.

What? No, it isn't. The V8 makes about 500hp, maybe 450 with the new air and fuel flow limits. The rest comes from the pair of MGUs, it's a hybrid.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

drgitlin posted:

What? No, it isn't. The V8 makes about 500hp, maybe 450 with the new air and fuel flow limits. The rest comes from the pair of MGUs, it's a hybrid.

Ultimately that power is coming from the engine, just not all at once.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

1500quidporsche posted:

Power is energy per unit time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
My car has made millions of horsepower over the years.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Another reason FWD cars suck, igniting the fuel tank and back axle under proper acceleration is frowned upon.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

BINKY ALERT

https://youtu.be/mB4NXA_vNWs

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Acme bespoke hole service. :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Now I have to rewatch all of them, as it is written.