Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
wait let me rephrase that- it is a bad game that i like + also thank you all for playing it w/ me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

wait let me rephrase that- it is a bad game that i like + also thank you all for playing it w/ me

I thank you for usually carrying our sorry asses.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There's a pretty sweet unlimited XP glitch on CTF (with the FTL rig) going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXHaM3rVUgw

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Target has the Legacy Edition for $54 this week. I figure this is from EA cutting the prices of BF1 and TF2.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yeah, don't buy this game. Buy Titanfall 2 instead.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Titanfall 2 is really good

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ethanol posted:

Titanfall 2 is really good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Titanfall 2 is a dead game with no playerbase. Wait till Christmas and it'll be $15-20.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah, don't buy this game. Buy Titanfall 2 instead.

i didn't want this to be true but until IW stops with the loving obnoxious weapon unlock chains, IW doesn't feel fun. It's all in my head I'm sure, but man those orange guns seem much better than my gray and blue quality guns. I picked up TF2 last week and haven't touched MWR or IW since this morning to try the CTF bug. Even then, I wasn't unlock poo poo. I might try IW/MWR again but I would suggest people grab TF2 for $35 if they're not craay about IW/MWR in their current states.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I've heard tale on Reddit that they're rolling back xp on people who use the ctf glitch. Buyer beware.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Quite a few orange guns are outright worse, or weird sidegrades.

Don't worry, if you're getting your rear end kicked, it's not the color of the guns doing it.

Some of the rare and legendary guns are free upgrades with some nifty perks, but those are wildly cheaper to buy with salvage if you don't luck into them.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

victrix posted:

Don't worry, if you're getting your rear end kicked, it's not the color of the guns doing it.

Some of the rare and legendary guns are free upgrades with some nifty perks, but those are wildly cheaper to buy with salvage if you don't luck into them.

Since data is now being pulled to the front, apparently the Flatline has WORSE fire rate than baseline, and in fact Vigilance has the highest fire rate.

Plus the Orange Longboner just adds map. I forget the other benefit but basically you snipe pre-IW. I just use it on Frontier, since all the other maps don't seem to have a decent sightline or whathaveyou.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The vigilance stuff is bullshit, be careful of info from driftor or tmartn, they're phoning iw vids in. Xclusive ace is doing hand testing that has been pretty accurate so far.

The flatline rof is slower though, and the nv4 is already slow.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the main really good guns arent the orange ones. Basically any of the ones with reduced recoil are good because of foregrips not working at all. Reduced recoil on already low recoil guns is great, reduced hip spread on good hipfire guns is great, but a lot of the oranges are just like, bad.

Like the KBAR orange is just a kbar with hollowpoints but a penalty to leg shots. The NV4 has a longer damage range but fires slower so you'll lose any close range contests vs regular nv4s. A few of the other oranges are just the regular gun with a different sight on it.

I have enough scrap to craft an orange and I don't know what to go for. All the really good oranges seem to be from the mission teams.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Foregrip does work, more bull from driftor getting spread. Grip benefits vary based on the specific gun.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Epic RAW is great. You can't reload it, but you can slap a battery on it and have infinite ammo.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I have enough scrap to craft an orange and I don't know what to go for. All the really good oranges seem to be from the mission teams.

I loved the epic RPR from the beta, though it did apparently get nerfed from then. Also if you like semi-autos the epic Volk might be worth it because IW didn't add a normal semi-auto AR.

I finally got my Battle Beaver last night and it's getting returned. My hands cramp up hard, and my control in the air is worse than with Bumper Jumper. The controller is well-built and the Smart Triggers are really nice, but it's just not for me. My only options left are XIM or Elite + CronusMax, both of which are more expensive with significant drawbacks. :sigh:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-xbox-one-to-playstation-4-usb-adapter/

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

What about the gun that gets bonus damage for shooting people in the dick? Is that worse than a regular gun? I ask because I already shoot everybody in the dick.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Bumper Stickup posted:

What about the gun that gets bonus damage for shooting people in the dick? Is that worse than a regular gun? I ask because I already shoot everybody in the dick.

serious question: do you also get bonus damage for shooting someone in the rear end

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Godzilla07 posted:

IW didn't add a normal semi-auto AR.

it's the dmr/m1

Godzilla07 posted:

I finally got my Battle Beaver last night and it's getting returned. My hands cramp up hard, and my control in the air is worse than with Bumper Jumper.

but do you remember how bad it sucked the first time you had your pointer finger and middle finger on L1/L2? i'd give it another day or two

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

The Epic RAW is great. You can't reload it, but you can slap a battery on it and have infinite ammo.

Better off taking the 3 bonus perk one. I find the base recharge rate is good enough that you never need to reload anyway ( the things I could've done with this gun in BLOPS 3... :allears: ), and it even has extended damage range.

widespread posted:

Since data is now being pulled to the front, apparently the Flatline has WORSE fire rate than baseline,

This has been reflected in the stats since day one ("-4" next to the RoF bar), how did people not notice?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

This has been reflected in the stats since day one ("-4" next to the RoF bar), how did people not notice?

Stats aren't as accurate, decreasing stat might not give a good indicator on what to do, et cetera. Said everyone else.

Plus I just don't look at fire rate changes per variant.

Mill Village posted:

At least until you have to find more batteries. :v:

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Had my best game in a while, kill confirmed, 6k points, we're 98 vs 70 point and just about to win.

Kicked, get a weirdo error message about the game not sending MUA/TUA something, get jack poo poo rewards.

Got cheated out of a double xp near perfect game due to dumb garbage on part of the game, love it. It's funny how mad I am about this right now.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 20, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

Stats aren't as accurate, decreasing stat might not give a good indicator on what to do, et cetera. Said everyone else.

Plus I just don't look at fire rate changes per variant.

At least until you have to find more batteries. :v:

I'm aware it's not an accurate indicator, but if you're going to stat whore, one should be more diligent about it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

victrix posted:

Foregrip does work, more bull from driftor getting spread. Grip benefits vary based on the specific gun.

He did actually test them unlike the Vigilance info. And he was right on the Flatline.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

faantastic posted:

i didn't want this to be true but until IW stops with the loving obnoxious weapon unlock chains, IW doesn't feel fun. It's all in my head I'm sure, but man those orange guns seem much better than my gray and blue quality guns. I picked up TF2 last week and haven't touched MWR or IW since this morning to try the CTF bug. Even then, I wasn't unlock poo poo. I might try IW/MWR again but I would suggest people grab TF2 for $35 if they're not craay about IW/MWR in their current states.

Yea its probably in my head but whenever I'm dying to orange and purple guns from prestiged guys I feel they didn't earn it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Paging Chacha to post his "I paid to win" Marshals.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

people do not like me in this game

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 21, 2016

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I figured out how I'll make it through the pistol kills calling card without losing my sanity, and it is Auto Sear, Akimbo, Laser Sight, Suppressed Kendalls. The reload is a little screwy (the ammo moves from reserve to gun very late in the animation), and the magazines are a bit small, but you can win fights at surprising range.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 21, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Paging Chacha to post his "I paid to win" Marshals.

I don't think I have a screenshot of them. I need to look next time I fire up the PlayStation.

I'm definitely not paying another cent toward this game, despite the qos settings helping substantially with the game. Oh and getting the raw benediction out of a crate. That gun owns.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

housefly posted:

I don't think I have a screenshot of them. I need to look next time I fire up the PlayStation.

I'm definitely not paying another cent toward this game, despite the qos settings helping substantially with the game. Oh and getting the raw benediction out of a crate. That gun owns.

Could be worse. You could have paid for a Nuke variant only for it to not really matter even after getting a 25 kill streak.

Also the Orange Longboner just gives more ammo. :laffo:

Edit: Also you could have paid for said Orange Longboner, but every game you get into has countless CUAVs up somehow.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I finally unlocked the extremely hideous diamond skin for shotguns.

It looks nicer in-game but its main purpose is to show people im a full time shitter

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Playlist updated. CTF has been removed. :lol:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I'm not sure when it changed but putting cryo mines on wallride areas over death drops (like that curved part on frost) give you an assisted suicide kill. I'm fairly sure that didn't happen when the game first came out. If I remember right I'd just get a hit marker and they'd show up in the kill feed as a dumb dummy.

This makes it the best part of the game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Playlist updated. CTF has been removed. :lol:

when search and destroy disappeared it was back within a few hours

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ethanol posted:

when search and destroy disappeared it was back within a few hours

I doubt they'll bring it back until the game gets proper patched and they fixed the FTL interaction with flags.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Got my first epic gun, avalanche pistol.

It's actually not that bad when paired with a sniper, it's a good "oh poo poo" weapon. I saw some of you use the Ripper RPR-Evo variant, how is it?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I doubt they'll bring it back until the game gets proper patched and they fixed the FTL interaction with flags.

They may have to take a harder look at ftl in general, with the way it gives medals for failed jumps it seems like only a matter of time before another instance like this happens with some other medal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

What are the settings that help? Fired it up last night and the shitfuck connection had me going like 8-24 because I could not kill fuckall. I enjoy this when it works, I just want it to work more often.

• Locked thread