Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Ennis takes you on a journey, from hating superheroes, to hating people who hate superheroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well the journey then ends with you hating Ennis. Which may be the point, I dunno.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

There are parts of The Boys that are genuinely good, and then parts of The Boys that are hideously ham-handed schlock garbage penned by a masturbating idiot, and it's sort of impossible to separate the two.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Captain-Marvel-Sale/page/13151?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Eurocomic, Murina on sale
https://www.comixology.com/Murena-Sale/list/14003

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Watchmen-Sale/page/13137?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9jb20uY29taXhvbG9neS5kY2NvbWljczMvZGVza3RvcC9zbWFsbENhcm91c2Vs

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Inhumans sale: https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=14056&lang=1

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's not great that that doesn't include the series that actually kicked the current era off.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I thought a 64GB IPad would be plenty of space when I got it. Now I barely have enough space for one more issue. There's no apps I don't regularly use left to delete.

The sensible solution here is clearly to buy a new iPad.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I dunno about that. I have a 128 Mini and that is nowhere near enough.

I'd buy a 256 Mini in a heartbeat if they had any intention of making one.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

hadji murad posted:

I dunno about that. I have a 128 Mini and that is nowhere near enough.

I'd buy a 256 Mini in a heartbeat if they had any intention of making one.

drat.

Guess I'll have to do the painful task of burning these digital comics with the delete button to clear up space.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I buy 15-20 comics a week and live off 16gigs. As soon as it's read, it's outta there.

Comics is all I use it for, though :cool:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I just deleted the Knightfall Saga and went from 3MB (yes really) to 3GB.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You can set the Comixology app to auto-delete when you get above a certain size limit. You're never going to hold your entire collection on a mobile device, so it's not really worth trying.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I have a Galaxy Tab S2 and even with an SD card to hold any audio, video and DRM-free ebook stuff, I still am better off deleting each week's issues once they're read, with maybe a few trades that I'm meaning to read on there as well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, I have a Galaxy Tab S2 and even with an SD card to hold any audio, video and DRM-free ebook stuff, I still am better off deleting each week's issues once they're read, with maybe a few trades that I'm meaning to read on there as well.

I have the same thing. I figured I could move Comixology to the card and have so much space, but the comics have to stay on the device memory. Same with DRM books I get from Humble Bundle. It's a real drag. :(

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Thanos-Sale/page/13152?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

https://www.comixology.com/Chew-Sale/page/13199?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

https://www.comixology.com/Aftershock-Sale/page/13212?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Obviously, it goes without saying that people should read Watchmen, but I wanna give a shout out to Before Watchmen: Minutemen written and drawn by the late, great, Darwyn Cooke. :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Most of this is really good reading, but a special nod to Avengers and The Infinity Gauntlet. It's a Marvel Age/Adventures style reimagining of the Infinity Gauntlet and is a lot of fun in an all-ages kind of way.

Lotta good stuff here. Replica and Strayer are the standouts to me. But Rough Riders, Super Zero, and Jackpot are really good as well. I've heard good about Shipwreck too, but I'm not about to get into another Ellis book before there's at least a trade available.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Big sale on a bunch of Carnage and Venom books...which for some reason Maximum Carnage isn't there. :shrug:

Tempted to get the Axis Carnage book since I heard it was pretty good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I never actually read Minimum Carnage Omega despite owning every other Scarlet Spider issue :shrug:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's also an Image sale.

https://www.comixology.com/Image-Black-Friday-Sale/page/13160?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
I think Black Magick is new to sales. GET IT!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Is Luther Strode good? Looks metal as hell (I liked Tradd Moore's work in All-New Ghost Rider).

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's a pretty fun gore fest.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Time to buy the rest of Saga.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Is Sex Criminals finished or just on hiatus? I might grab all of those books if it's complete.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Hiatus

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Can I quickly ask for a "singles vs collected" argument discussion? Is there a general consensus here in the thread of which to buy?

Personally, I'm drawn to purchase (via Comixogy) singles when they're available. This probably screws me a bit on price (sales frequently applying to collected but not singles, for starters). On the other hand, I've heard that the collections of Bitch Planet lack the articles that are found in the back of the singles. Is that a common occurance? Are there cases of the flipside, where a sereies' singles are lacking extras found in the collections?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sure. Sometimes collections come with forewords or things like sketches in the back that weren't in the singles.
I'd prefer singles since they don't take up as much space one at a time, but in this sale collections seem to always save you a few bucks over the equivalent singles.

They'd never advertise missing content, so you'll only find out if anyone was bothered enough to mention it in an Amazon review or something.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I have some series in singles and some in collections.

I hate myself for this.

I hope they will have a singles sale in this too since some books I'm singled in for the long run. If I bought one or two issues might jump to trades but...

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I prefer collections. On a few occasions I bite the bullet and buy singles on sale, like for Hickman's Fantastic Four run.

DC collections are pretty good on extras, but Marvel is getting better on that front as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Schneider Heim posted:

Is Luther Strode good? Looks metal as hell (I liked Tradd Moore's work in All-New Ghost Rider).
It's largely an excuse to showcase Tradd Moore drawing brutal-as-gently caress, gory fights. If that sounds cool to you (and it is!) you should totally get it on sale. Just don't expect it to be anything particularly deep.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I prefer singles. Part of it is enjoying seeing a sea of covers. Part of it is that it's easier for me to read quickly because I can say "just one more". Part of it is that I get a better sense of progress going through the individual issues versus seeing a page count go up in a collection (lack of concrete progress is one of the things I dislike about reading digitally).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh poo poo was Luther Strode that series with super badass dude fighting other super badass people and it was generally a very badass book? I remember catching a panel or two on the badass thread and was hooked but never went looking for it. I see it's on sale now, though.

EDIT: Looked it up, yes it is. Buying all 3 volumes

fatherboxx posted:

crying robots are the least badass things unless they are japanese and have long scarves

Legacy of Luther Strode #1

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 21, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

One could say that Sex Criminals goes on hiatus after every issue.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

X-O posted:

One could say that Sex Criminals goes on hiatus after every issue.

I prefer to think of it as a refractory period.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Oh, it's not finished? I own volume 3 but havcn't read it, assumed the story concluded there

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Kill Six Billion Demons is fantastic. I'm just blown away.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Marvel ANAD collections

https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Collections-Sale/page/13202?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Welp, my wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I dropped out of comics for a while pre Secret Wars (was that the crossover? Whatever preceeded ANAND) apart from picking up some of the new Dr. Strange run.

This seems like a pretty good jumping on point for now - what's good?