Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ArfJason posted:

MORPHEUS
You take the blue pill—the story ends,
you wake up in your bed and believe
whatever you want to believe. You take
the red pill—you get to doxx people, jack
off to space ship renders and cgi calendars,
and send death threats over the computer.

Where did this stuff about death threats come from? I can't believe anyone here is sending death threats, and if they are, get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

We should commission :pgabz: to to a Derek Smart video memorial. Somebody send him a copy of that "In the arms of an angel" song.

Derek died for nerd pervs, he was the lamb of god and we crucified him. :negative:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
No one is but if you repeat it enough it becomes canon cuz noone can follow this thread enough

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

alphabettitouretti posted:

Where did this stuff about death threats come from? I can't believe anyone here is sending death threats, and if they are, get out.

I'm 99.999999% sure it's just bullshit from fyad meanies trying to ruin people's fun after they got GBS shut down

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I say, if a chump like Kimsemus could get over a years' worth of Space Court shitposting, Derek deserves no less from us!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CrazyTolradi posted:

I, for one, welcome our new ex-backer overlords.

I'm still a backer. :getin:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Their pink forum is a retarded circlejerk even worse than this one and they have been hilariously insecure about every fyad-lite

Also they are fat

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

milk milk lemonade posted:

He's extremely angry about this thread and the shitposting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

People are now getting probated for bitching at Marching Powder? :psyduck:

Will Marching Powder be probated for bitching at everyone else? :iiam:

Stay tuned.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DancingShade posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod should absolutely take over as mod of this subforum.

Absolutely nobody should ever remind him of the fact he once mailed in a box of home special brew to the CIG team during the earlier days. :v:
Sorry, years. My how time flies!

That beer was really good too.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Will Marching Powder be probated for bitching at people? :iiam:

Stay tuned.

Uncle Derek never went mad with power. These new mods are more unhinged than Uncle Derek

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

To the best of my knowledge, no goon here has ever sent anyone a death threat over Star Citizen, CIG employee or otherwise. That's a pretty popular narrative with autists who think we're gonna magically destroy their game with shitposts though, so I'm not surprised it spread around a bit.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

MeLKoR posted:

Will Marching Powder be probated for bitching at everyone else? :iiam:

Stay tuned.

No one probates the Thread Sheriff, his will be done through the new regime.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MeLKoR posted:

I was wondering... what would the Matrix be like if it had been coded by CIG?

Would people on the street tell each other "so what if the sun is jittering, that's perfectly normal" and Cypher insist on getting more wax steaks that fly apart in a million pieces when you stick a fork in them?

It would be a constant loop of deja-vu for everyone in the system. "It's a glitch in the matrix - it happens when they change something." With all the constant "refactoring" the Matrix would be an unending stream of cats. Not unlike this thread.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Uncle Derek never went mad with power. These new mods are more unhinged than Uncle Derek

He didn't go mad with power, he was already mad when he got it.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

ArfJason posted:

MORPHEUS
You take the blue pill—the story ends,
you wake up in your bed and believe
whatever you want to believe. You take
the red pill—you get to doxx people, jack
off to space ship renders and cgi calendars,
and send death threats over the computer.

You should have really made an effort to go to IMDB, edit the HTML and make a screenshot. I am disappointed.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Scruffpuff posted:

It would be a constant loop of deja-vu for everyone in the system. "It's a glitch in the matrix - it happens when they change something." With all the constant "refactoring" the Matrix would be an unending stream of cats. Not unlike this thread.

"I see a woman in a red dress. There seems to be the translucent outline of a camera superimposed over her torso"

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Beet Wagon posted:

To the best of my knowledge, no goon here has ever sent anyone a death threat over Star Citizen, CIG employee or otherwise. That's a pretty popular narrative with autists who think we're gonna magically destroy their game with shitposts though, so I'm not surprised it spread around a bit.

I'm excited to see the rationalising for their game still failing even though DS has lost his army of goons

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Skellybones posted:

He didn't go mad with power, he was already mad when he got it.

Maybe, but never with power. I mean, to be sure he's gonna blog about this lmao, but I've never seen him turn into a pissy, insecure little bitch with it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maw posted:

I'm excited to see the rationalising for their game still failing even though DS has lost his army of goons
The goonstoss myth.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Maw posted:

They'll blindly follow whatever narrative Chris provides. Probably publishers, or how the failure is okay because at least people tried and you can't touch the stars if you don't jump or something.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Berious posted:

I disagree.

Beer seems like exactly the same cool, humble, evenhanded person as he was before. Recall that he was the ordinary human being contrasted in that LEVEL article about those loving crazy assholes Chris Roberts and Derek Smart.

Beet however, is handing out probations left and right, and hasn't posted a single picture of Kayak since being modded. I'm not necessarily saying the thread couldn't use some moderation, but it definitely is a change since Derek didn't even know what the mod buttons were for and needed about three months to learn how to change the thread title.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Small suggestion to thread: Make a rule against masturbating to the space ships and calendar. No more doxxing or death threats.
Didn't really think it needed to be said...

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ArfJason posted:

Make a rule against masturbating to the space ships and calendar.

Whoa come on let's not say things we might regret

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Does ArfJason not understand that this thread is basically dedicated to making GBS threads on the game or is this just some ironic meta joke?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There is such a thing as excessive moderation.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There is such a thing as excessive moderation.

Moved to Concern.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D1E posted:

Beet however, is handing out probations left and right, and hasn't posted a single picture of Kayak since being modded.

THIS, you see...is the crux of the problem with naming Beet mod instead of AP. I knew Kayak would definitely leave us for good, and no doubt he'll post a pic in response to this, but...it won't last. :(

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

Small suggestion to thread: Make a rule against masturbating

I don't even know you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I checked the Lepers Colony and Beet has probated 2 people since becoming a mod. Both for sixers. Beer is at about the same. It really is crazy probations left and right, just out of control!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CrazyLoon posted:

THIS, you see...is the crux of the problem with naming Beet mod instead of AP. I knew Kayak would definitely leave us for good, and no doubt he'll post a pic in response to this, but...it won't last. :(

Be the change you want to see. We all need more Kayak.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DancingShade posted:

I don't even know you.
It worked for the Fourth Stimpire.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

I checked the Lepers Colony and Beet has probated 2 people since becoming a mod. Both for sixers. Beer is at about the same. It really is crazy probations left and right, just out of control!

Yes but my probations were chill and good, while Beet's probations weren't accompanied by pictures of his epic dog. It's a very subtle but important difference.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Eh. My bad. Must have been FAU and g0m then.

My point stands about it still coming across as a shock, as Derek was more "honorary" mod than anything else. He literally didn't do anything except Warlord.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, but Beet's also not posted any pictures of his dog and that's a pretty serious concern for us.

Beer and Beet are both pretty cool, but they need to make sure they don't neglect their other responsibilities now that they're mods.

Overall though, I support their promotion to moderators mostly because they have very similar names.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm still a backer. :getin:

Hedging your bets? You could really pump up the drama and become a double apostate.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Small suggestion to thread: Make a rule against masturbating to the space ships and calendar. No more doxxing or death threats.
Didn't really think it needed to be said...

Welcome to the thread ArfJason. Have fun and please, act like you were acting in QCS. I'm sure you'll make as many friends as Lazrin.

E: PGabz shouldn't make videos that make SC look fun. This last video is too good for the wrong reasons.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Chalks posted:

Does ArfJason not understand that this thread is basically dedicated to making GBS threads on the game or is this just some ironic meta joke?

No, some deeply rooted Angst about masturbation combined with suicidal thoughts makes him lash out and say these things. It's not his fault, it's a compulsive behaviour. We should all support him as best as we can. I do however expect a dozen more posts about jerking off and death threads in various forms. Hand drawn pictures using your own feces and other forms of expression are very common in these cases.

Risc1911 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 21, 2016

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D1E posted:

Eh. My bad. Must have been FAU and g0m then.

My point stands about it still coming across as a shock, as Derek was more "honorary" mod than anything else. He literally didn't do anything except Warlord.

Alas, it seems the anarchic utopia that was Derek Smart's House of Star Citizen Obsessive Insanity was not meant to last. Probation-happy vengeance hath come to this thread, the community of obsessiveness will die off slowly, but surely, and Marching Powder will smile ear to ear as all of creation falls around us.

No Mods No Masters No More.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Breetai posted:

Hedging your bets? You could really pump up the drama and become a double apostate.

I had a bunch of giftable stuff and got more money by selling it than I would getting a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Risc1911 posted:

No, some deeply rooted Angst about masturbation combined with suicidal thoughts makes him lash out and say these things. It's not his fault, it's a compulsive behaviour. We should all support him as best as we can. I do however expect a dozen more posts about jerking off and death threads in various forms. Hand drawn pictures and other forms of expression are very common in these cases.

I.N.R.I. should tell him to call his parents.

• Locked thread