Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Tried to guard Infinitum, failed.

When I guarded JHats I got success so I either got roleblocked or Infinitum was jailed or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So now that the long nightmare of a night is over, back to the game wherein AA and ANarc are scum.

##vote AA

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
##vote TM

Nothing about his posting so far is at all indicative of a town game. Like I said yesterday, after comparing his posts here to his posts in the last two games I played with him, and looking at his filter, I seriously think he's scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Flying Leatherman posted:

##vote TM

Nothing about his posting so far is at all indicative of a town game. Like I said yesterday, after comparing his posts here to his posts in the last two games I played with him, and looking at his filter, I seriously think he's scum.

Do you have a non-meta case on him? Some quotes etc?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Do you have a non-meta case on him? Some quotes etc?

sure! it doesn't take long to put this together because he doesn't have very many posts.

First off - I prod him for doing nothing all of day 1, and get this response very shortly thereafter:

Tired Moritz posted:

oh, I understand. to be honest, I forgot there was a post limit.

Anyway, here's some random thoughts that I just want to share. Though I find flavor arguments to be bad and wrong, especially in this game, I find Asiina change from "I got a cool accessory" to "I got a crap accessory" kinda odd.

Though, at the same time, I don't think it makes sense for Asiina to implicate themselves like that. I don't think there's any benefits for her to do that if she's scum? Very strange. In my mind, she's probably town but I won't lie, that inconsistency is quite odd.

Also even though I didn't vote for Chores, I completely understand why people would do so. It seems more beneficial to lynch a potential SK at D1 than to let them run rampant and potentially kill off either a talkative townie. So I don't think it's fair to judge people are scum just because of that.

This is bad because it's super bland and doesn't actually say anything. It's not actionable, it's basically saying "I have no opinions on anyone and don't want to call anybody scum".

These three posts are also TM being careful to not come out with a scum read on ANarc. So is this one, with bonus "Tobbs is scummy but I won't point to why".

This is not town play; this is scum trying to skate by without creating any controversy or making waves.

TM's spent the entire game avoiding giving any reads and fading into the background. There's nothing there of any note at all, and the posts I've linked are almost the entirety of his relevant posts in the game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok, he's also never voted, and I agree everything is a half-opinion. I can't attest to his meta but it looks like a scum game to me.

##vote Tired Moritz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't form any concrete opinions because I say with this no offence, this game is boring as hell.

We got flavor arguments and meta arguments. I find flavor arguments dumb, and how the hell can I contribute with meta when I barely know anyone. Well, I don't think the case on me is very strong, I appreciate the clear effort.

Also it's late so I'm gonna sleep soon. Sorry if I don't reply.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I can't form any concrete opinions because I say with this no offence, this game is boring as hell.

We got flavor arguments and meta arguments. I find flavor arguments dumb, and how the hell can I contribute with meta when I barely know anyone. Well, I don't think the case on me is very strong, I appreciate the clear effort.

Also it's late so I'm gonna sleep soon. Sorry if I don't reply.

No, we have one person making flavour arguments and everyone ignoring him or telling him to stop doing that.

Also people keep saying meta when it's not meta at all but based on content in the thread.

This has been far from a boring game.

I'd vote for TM because of FL's case and this nonsense response, but I'm also real happy with my AA vote.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Asiina can you explain why you think AA is scum? I'm curious.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I also like TM for scum, seems like a player trying to excuse themself from making reads.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

N2 killed momentum horribly, but that's about it.

Thankfully it's a smallish game, so I'm have a reread of everyone tomorrow after I get some sleep in.

Gut still says Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

Asiina can you explain why you think AA is scum? I'm curious.

There's a couple of reasons!

First, he jumps onto ANarc's bad case based on future meta:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Eh, I think anon has a decent meta read on asiina. I only ever see her play this way as scum.

I can see anon's remark as tryhard scum, but I doubt she'd get caught out so early. I think the asiina vote is legit.

##vote asiina

Which he then defends later, while still saying it's based on "lovely meta"

Low effort +1? I actually went on to discuss why I thought it was valid, even if it is contingent upon lovely meta. It wasn't just a vote without warrant. Anyhow the chores train is significantly shittier.

This doesn't make sense since it assumes that if ANarc's case is a town case, then it must be a right case. It's not evaluating the case on its own merits but on ANarc's meta read of me and the fact that like 12 hours into day 1 he was presumed that ANarc is town.

--

He claims that the chores lynch was dumb and bad because "lol jokephase" but never actually pushes anyone else strongly enough. In fact his only other vote of the entire game was this one he doesn't really follow up on.

##vote Jedit

His near immediate dismissal of FL's claim is scummy. It looks like an attempt at early crowd control.

I would vote James hats, but still don't like jedits reaction. Will wait for his response since he's probably sleeping.

Jedit posted:

No, I was out - I did say. Deadline for me is 3AM, so I will not be around for it.

Regarding your post about me trying to crowd control: to whose benefit, and for what purpose? After I took my vote off ANarc Chores was the only person on more than one vote, and he was already at -2.

ANarc: I am innately suspicious of of Day 1 claims, especially when they're not made under pressure. Claiming like that is trying to convince people not to investigate you, which is something Town don't need to do.

So Jedit does respond to AA's accusation and AA's response is to never bring up Jedit ever again and instead fully pivot into "I told you so" on the chores vote:

lol duuummbb, well let's look at these lovely votes.

--

Which brings me to my third point which is that he made up a narrative about Inf and I driving the vote despite being at very different points in the vote, and he completely ignores all other players on the vote. If he wants to find the scum on the vote, then why doesn't he actually look for it among all the voters rather than say "these two people are scum for this reason, well actually maybe they're not scum for that reason but they're totally scum.

I think you and asiina reconciled that he might actually be capable of killing people and instead of chance it, even with the probability of him hitting town, stuck to the lynch and town piled on because it was easy. Also still think James Hats is double voter gf.

Asiina posted:

I like this post the best because it is the one that demonstrates the complete fabrication of this narrative.

I voted first. Inf voted at -2. There was a whole bunch of people who voted in the interim and also people who said they didn't regret the lynch after it happened, but Inf and I are scum manipulating poor dumb town because?

Your reasons don't line up with reality. What about what happened makes both inf and I scum, but everyone else innocent?

It's the theory I'm working with and I'm entitled to that. Less fabricated narrative and more that's the conclusion I arrived at.

The placement of the votes by you and Infinitum, as you point out, is unlikely to be coordinated and arguing with infinitum, I felt a little better about his rationale, but I honestly don't find your initial stance and responses to the questions to be genuine. Even though you made more posts following the vote, they were mostly innocuous and had little to do with the actual game.

Also as pointed out, the last bit is a lie too since I had made a whole bunch of game related posts. I think someone pointed out shortly after this that more than half my posts were on topic.

--

As a final point this whole thing is a contradiction:

So you're a scum double voter, godfather

AA doesn't believe Jimmy. He says this again later so presumably it's a real read. He also says he wants to vote for Jimmy earlier in the Jedit section. But when this exchange comes:

Truth Quark posted:

I would vote Jimmy Hats since his reason for (double) jumping on the chores bandwagon is nonexistent at best.

Actually ##vote Jimmy Hats

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think his explanation for being a double voter is sensible and chores was very votable. I think you are a scummy scum lord sir.

##vote Subatomic Liar

AA responds with:

What? What should he like about this? Tobbs is saying that Jimmy isn't scummy for being a double voter and that the chores lynch was good. Both are things that AA disagrees with, so why does he like this post?

So that is my case. There are a lot of logical inconsistencies here, bad casework, and not following up on his own cases.

Plus not voting the entirety of D2.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote AA those are some good points. I have my own reasons for believing you re: Anomolous Amalgam but your case seems strong.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
meh yeah seems good, ##vote AA

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

meh yeah seems good, ##vote AA

I bet you a million dollars you didn't even read it, you just scrolled through and went "that's a lot of words" and voted.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Truth Quark posted:

##vote AA those are some good points. I have my own reasons for believing you re: Anomolous Amalgam but your case seems strong.

Would you mind sharing your reasons?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

I bet you a million dollars you didn't even read it, you just scrolled through and went "that's a lot of words" and voted.

you know me so well.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Don't be scumsuaded. I'm a watcher. Watched asiina n1 and failed watched Ind n2 and failed

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Inf*

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Don't be scumsuaded. I'm a watcher. Watched asiina n1 and failed watched Ind n2 and failed

Did anyone visit Asiina?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hence my peep peep remark. I think asiina is scum for pushing and some of those turbo votes too... God drat

##vote Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hence my peep peep remark. I think asiina is scum for pushing and some of those turbo votes too... God drat

##vote Asiina

What does this mean "for pushing"?

Also care to actually respond to any of the points of my case?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

you know me so well.

That's not a good thing. You should try to try, at least.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

What does this mean "for pushing"?

Also care to actually respond to any of the points of my case?

Pushing right out the gate. In line getting lunch phone posting. Will gladly respond when back at office.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote as I want AA to respond to my question.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

##unvote as I want AA to respond to my question.

Will do cap'n. I'll be back at work shortly. Just grabbing a quick sammich.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pushing right out the gate. In line getting lunch phone posting. Will gladly respond when back at office.

So I'm scum for making a case?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also I saw your question Jedit. I don't want to share my reasons just yet but I will probably address them by the end of the day.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

That's not a good thing. You should try to try, at least.

I am trying I am just having a problem with this game for some reason.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

So I'm scum for making a case?

No, I think you're scum from your cumulative play this game, but don't fret mon ami, I'll elaborate.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can almost guarantee I won't be awake at deadline tomorrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Jesus 10am. There is a very small chance I'll be awake and here, but unlikely.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can see reasons to vote all of AA, AN, and TM.

All seem like reasonable cuddles for today.

I think right now I'm actually leaning towards AN or TM though.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Do you mind elaborating on why you think TM/AN are better choices than AA?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

Do you mind elaborating on why you think TM/AN are better choices than AA?

Well, AN because I'm like 99% sure she is scum at this point. Not only for posting in the thread, but now based on role as well. We already had a town double voter flip. I don't believe her role was also town.

TM because I like FL's case on him slightly more than I like Asiina's reasons for voting AA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

Did anyone visit Asiina?

Sorry, I answered this in the original post where I claimed my actions but it wasn't clear.

I failed both nights so far.

I was neither able to get a read on Asiina or Infinitum. So either I've been blocked both nights or they have a mechanism in their role that prevents being watched.

----

Rebuttal to Asiina
A. First, he jumps onto ANarc's bad case based on future meta:
I said that ANarc may have a point. The intention of my agreement had no reference to future meta, but rather my own existing meta read on how you play as scum from the few games I've been in with you, where you were scum, and yes I did defend the stance while calling it a lovely meta read, because that's what meta reads are. They are lovely and based less on the actual play and more on the character of the individual based on your experience with them, but it's not entirely invalidated as one can infer patterns in play styles. So yes, you are playing, in my opinion, like you play as scum.

B. He claims that the chores lynch was dumb and bad because "lol jokephase" but never actually pushes anyone else strongly enough. In fact his only other vote of the entire game was this one he doesn't really follow up on. / So Jedit does respond to AA's accusation and AA's response is to never bring up Jedit ever again and instead fully pivot into "I told you so" on the chores vote:

This is false, because I do point out the reason why I jumped onto Jedit. I believed his surprise and reaction to how events were unfolding were very disingenuous, and then I simply forgot to follow up on his response as I've been tending to other real life obligations. Additionally, because I didn't try to further push a case on someone I was suspicious of, that's a scumtell? No, and I also stated why I didn't want to vote chores, and elaborated as to why I didn't on the next day, but you continually reduce my day 1 reluctance to voting him and my response to it on d2 as "lol jokephase" and "I told you so", as far as I'm concerned, you're intentionally skewing my representation of a defense to those views.

C. JimmyHat
I have stood by the idea that Double Voter is a scumrole and that he was likely god father. I never swayed from that, and didn't vote during d2 because the deadline happened in the middle of my workday. Say what you will about my presence and voting on D2, but I argued in earnest with infinitum, defended my stance on the chores vote and reaffirmed that I would vote jimmyhat.

D. Fabricated Narrative
I'm not pushing a fabricated narrative, I was expressing a theory because you two were the loudest to defend the chores vote as good, which seems like the right thing to do as scum trying to control the vote. So you can continue labeling it as such, but it's no different than you presenting your case against me.

My thoughts and reads are genuine, and even if they are not as fully formed as you'd like, they are legitimate.

I restate, I am a Watcher. I have failed to watch my targets, Asiina and Infinitum, both nights.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Well, AN because I'm like 99% sure she is scum at this point. Not only for posting in the thread, but now based on role as well. We already had a town double voter flip. I don't believe her role was also town.

TM because I like FL's case on him slightly more than I like Asiina's reasons for voting AA.

Wow, rude.

But I'm also in agreement about the scumpicks. I prefer AA, but would also vote TM or ANarc if we can't get an AA lynch going.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rebuttal to Asiina
A. First, he jumps onto ANarc's bad case based on future meta:
I said that ANarc may have a point. The intention of my agreement had no reference to future meta, but rather my own existing meta read on how you play as scum from the few games I've been in with you, where you were scum, and yes I did defend the stance while calling it a lovely meta read, because that's what meta reads are. They are lovely and based less on the actual play and more on the character of the individual based on your experience with them, but it's not entirely invalidated as one can infer patterns in play styles. So yes, you are playing, in my opinion, like you play as scum.

Wait. You think Asiina is playing her scum meta right now? Like currently? Can you explain to the rest of the class what her scum meta is, then?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Wait. You think Asiina is playing her scum meta right now? Like currently? Can you explain to the rest of the class what her scum meta is, then?

Judging by your incredulous reaction, I'd wager you don't believe her play to be scum meta.

However, I believe that she starts off with disingenuous posts, and votes like she made at the start of the game with chores, and then once the game has progressed switches to attack relentlessly the people who've called her out, while trying to make their stances and opinions appear entirely invalid. At least infinitum could respond to my evaluation where Asiina demonstrates little in the way of even considering my stance... because I believe she is scum, and now more than ever wants to lynch a claimed watcher. I mean if I make it through the night provided I'm not lynched today, I'd be surprised.

• Locked thread