Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

The android tablet client works perfectly on android phone as well. Great replacement for luckstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponszi
Dec 15, 2013
It's at http://store.steampowered.com/app/531640

The collection wipe just happened, so it should be a day or two before the really hardcore have their tier 1 decks back

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Downloading the Steam one now. There also was a patch out, but I haven't checked out the notes yet.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

sponszi posted:

It's at http://store.steampowered.com/app/531640

The collection wipe just happened, so it should be a day or two before the really hardcore have their tier 1 decks back

Maybe a little more, since Bandit Queen got moved to legendary and Gilded Glaive and Champ of Cunning got nerfed.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
The glove box Nerf is killer for justice decks I feel. The nerfs overall seem pretty good for the meta though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Got into the iOS beta while I was traveling for work and it's kinda rad to be able to play on mobile. Some minor graphical glitches, and it rips through battery power on my new iPad Pro, but nice all the same.

That aside, I'm still not sure I'm sold on the line the devs are trying to walk between magic and hearthstone. At least in draft and the limited bit do constructed I've done so far, the mull & mana system still make for some completely non-interactive games, while on the opposite spectrum using magic's combat system makes it fairly easy to end up in a long grindy stalemate of a boardstate where neither player can profitably attack. I'm sure this will get better as more cards/sets/decks exist, but for now it can be a little annoying.

I guess I'm not sure about the long term appeal - I'm no fan of the current state of hearthstone, but for all it's faults I feel that it and some of the other digital card games are at least making better use of the possibilities available as far as mechanics. I also didn't realize how much I'd gotten used to the mana systems of hearthstone, legends, duelyst et al. If I'm going to deal with a mana system as archaic as eternal's, I think I'd rather just play magic and enjoy the relative complexity of a cube, draft or constructed meta. That said, I'll keep testing for now, and I'm still curious how the game pans out in the long run.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Now that it's in open beta should we start posting ids now?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Hauki posted:

Got into the iOS beta while I was traveling for work and it's kinda rad to be able to play on mobile. Some minor graphical glitches, and it rips through battery power on my new iPad Pro, but nice all the same.

That aside, I'm still not sure I'm sold on the line the devs are trying to walk between magic and hearthstone. At least in draft and the limited bit do constructed I've done so far, the mull & mana system still make for some completely non-interactive games, while on the opposite spectrum using magic's combat system makes it fairly easy to end up in a long grindy stalemate of a boardstate where neither player can profitably attack. I'm sure this will get better as more cards/sets/decks exist, but for now it can be a little annoying.

I guess I'm not sure about the long term appeal - I'm no fan of the current state of hearthstone, but for all it's faults I feel that it and some of the other digital card games are at least making better use of the possibilities available as far as mechanics. I also didn't realize how much I'd gotten used to the mana systems of hearthstone, legends, duelyst et al. If I'm going to deal with a mana system as archaic as eternal's, I think I'd rather just play magic and enjoy the relative complexity of a cube, draft or constructed meta. That said, I'll keep testing for now, and I'm still curious how the game pans out in the long run.

Eh, I think it fills a niche that isn't currently filled. That niche being an online card game more competitive than Hearthstone with mobile options. Magic has extremely lackluster digital options, and that isn't likely to change soon, and Hex doesn't offer mobile yet. I think it's mostly down to Eternal vs Hex for now as far as direct competition.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

DrManiac posted:

Now that it's in open beta should we start posting ids now?

I'm down. I think mine is in the OP, but I haven't really given the open beta much time, since my net's been even shittier from Friday onwards. Hopefully fixes will happen this week.

Could also make a google doc or something if folks want.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

Eh, I think it fills a niche that isn't currently filled. That niche being an online card game more competitive than Hearthstone with mobile options. Magic has extremely lackluster digital options, and that isn't likely to change soon, and Hex doesn't offer mobile yet. I think it's mostly down to Eternal vs Hex for now as far as direct competition.

Fair. Yeah, magic's digital implementations are balls. I guess my point was I see Hex struggling already in that niche and I hope Eternal isn't damning itself to the same fate. As a hex backer, in the past I would have argued that most of their struggles were due to handling of their campaign versus the reality of development, i.e. losing a lot of their audience either due to dropped or repeatedly delayed features or to the lead time required to have a functional client post-funding. Now, I'm concerned both games may have other factors in common that are or will limit their respective audiences. Eternal's pricing model should give it a leg up comparatively though.

As an aside, I'm also curious how dire wolf ended up developing both eternal and legends concurrently even if they don't have very much in common when you get into the mechanics of it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Aww you can't dust the terrible leader legendary cards anymore.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

DrManiac posted:

Ah what the gently caress I just finished playing through the campaign to get those to dust before I logged off last night =(

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

DrManiac posted:

Yeah that was in the patch notes. Not sure why, possibly to prevent people from getting a big headway early on? But you still get a bunch of boosters (I got 17), so it's not like people who were big into the game would be starved for Shiftstone.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Serperoth posted:

Yeah that was in the patch notes. Not sure why, possibly to prevent people from getting a big headway early on? But you still get a bunch of boosters (I got 17), so it's not like people who were big into the game would be starved for Shiftstone.

drat, I knew I should have deconstructed more cards. I only got 5 packs. My biggest complaint though is the fact that they give less shiftstone per pack, but made legendaries more expensive.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Elblanco posted:

drat, I knew I should have deconstructed more cards. I only got 5 packs. My biggest complaint though is the fact that they give less shiftstone per pack, but made legendaries more expensive.

It was based on the total gold value of your account, so dusting cards wouldn't matter. It was what it was.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elblanco posted:

I believe it was based on what cards you had, rather than on how much "cash" you had.
The reset caught me with 55k gold and 12k or 15k shiftstone, I think I should have spent that.
Definitely with you on the shiftstone change, halving the booster payout is a bummer. Not sure how moving the gold rewards from bronze chests to silver and gold ones will pan out, though, and I don't know if there's any hard numbers of how much it was changed, I think the patch notes had it as "slightly" which doesn't say much.

JoshTheStampede posted:

It was based on the total gold value of your account, so dusting cards wouldn't matter. It was what it was.

Are you sure? I thought it was based on what you had in cards, not in currency, to encourage experimentation. On mobile now so I can't check, but if you have some info, I'd not mind.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Serperoth posted:

I believe it was based on what cards you had, rather than on how much "cash" you had.
The reset caught me with 55k gold and 12k or 15k shiftstone, I think I should have spent that.
Definitely with you on the shiftstone change, halving the booster payout is a bummer. Not sure how moving the gold rewards from bronze chests to silver and gold ones will pan out, though, and I don't know if there's any hard numbers of how much it was changed, I think the patch notes had it as "slightly" which doesn't say much.

Are you sure? I thought it was based on what you had in cards, not in currency, to encourage experimentation. On mobile now so I can't check, but if you have some info, I'd not mind.

Yeah, they never gave an exact number, but they said several times that it was based on the total incoming gold and packs value of your account, no matter what you did with that gold or those packs. So if you hoarded it all or dusted and crafted and redusted and recreated, it's the same reward. You're right that it was done that way to encourage experimentation - they wanted you to know that you weren't pissing away future rewards by engaging with the lossy shiftstone system.

Whatever you got for your 55k gold and 12k shiftstone would have been exactly the same if you had bought 55 packs or crafted whatever or ran drafts with it all.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

JoshTheStampede posted:

Whatever you got for your 55k gold and 12k shiftstone would have been exactly the same if you had bought 55 packs or crafted whatever or ran drafts with it all.

Oh, that makes me feel better then, thanks. :) Always figured it was how much you'd spent.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This game is cool and actually reasonably F2P unlike every other online TCG right now. Loving it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

WarEternal posted:

This game is cool and actually reasonably F2P unlike every other online TCG right now. Loving it.

Yeah, I'm quite enjoying it as well, and it has the complexity that I wish Hearthstone had. I'm just hoping it also lacks the typical Blizzard kneejerk "balance" that HS has. :v:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
The HS balance pendulum is to ignore obviously degenerate cards/decks for months, then nerf them into uselessness after everyone has already moved on. They seem to be way better about that here.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

JoshTheStampede posted:

The HS balance pendulum is to ignore obviously degenerate cards/decks for months, then nerf them into uselessness after everyone has already moved on. They seem to be way better about that here.

Sandstorm Titan is a meme card at this point so I doubt that will be ever getting nerfed but yeah, for the most part they don't let poo poo get too out of hand (ie Bandit Queen)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rad to see folks getting into this :3: I need to get back on, hopefully my net will keep on being tolerable so I can grind out some Gauntlets and make some gold/stone for a deck or something.

ThePeavstenator posted:

Sandstorm Titan is a meme card at this point so I doubt that will be ever getting nerfed but yeah, for the most part they don't let poo poo get too out of hand (ie Bandit Queen)

Titan is/was pretty strong, yeah, but I feel that the deck that would hate it most (P/T fliers) has easy access to Polymorph. Not that it makes it fair, but it always feels good to sheep a Titan.

Definitely a major gently caress you for, say, Rakano/Jito aggro though, unless you get a crazy Warcried weapon or something. Easiest way would be a double bolt Torch, which still is a two for one.

Thoughts on it maybe costing 5, or being a 4/5? Not too familiar with meta and memes, but it'd be my obvious choice for where to look. Then Endurance, but I don't think I'd take out the no-flying thing.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Serperoth posted:

Not too familiar with meta and memes

It's nickname is Darude, it's clearly the best card in the game, and every time a patch is hinted at in the Discord a bunch of people fakepost about how Sandstorm Titan is finally getting nerfed.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Rakano runs Vanquish, monofire runs Obliterate, Shadow has Annihilate and Deathstrike. All will 1-for-1 Titan. You can Desert Marshall or Wasp him. He's too good by a bit but there's plenty of ways to deal with him.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

JoshTheStampede posted:

Rakano runs Vanquish, monofire runs Obliterate, Shadow has Annihilate and Deathstrike. All will 1-for-1 Titan. You can Desert Marshall or Wasp him. He's too good by a bit but there's plenty of ways to deal with him.

Oh yeah for sure, he's not breaking anything it's just clearly a little undercosted.

gently caress Steward of the Past tho. gently caress it to hell.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I was gonna say gently caress Champion of Cunning but, well, they did.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So how generous is this game with packs to new players? This coming from someone who plays Shadowverse where they give you like 40+ packs at the start, no questions asked and around 10 arena tickets.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

frajaq posted:

So how generous is this game with packs to new players? This coming from someone who plays Shadowverse where they give you like 40+ packs at the start, no questions asked and around 10 arena tickets.

They have like a focused draft called the forge against the AI that gives prizes, including big prizes for 'ranking up' as well letting you keep all the cards you draft. Since it forces you to draft two colours (or one if you go out of your way to force that) then it really helps you start building a deck to use in the other mode against the AI that also gives out prizes for 'ranking up'. You get quite a bit this way. You also keep everything you draft in the draft mode as well as getting prizes there.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's nickname is Darude, it's clearly the best card in the game, and every time a patch is hinted at in the Discord a bunch of people fakepost about how Sandstorm Titan is finally getting nerfed.

Oh it was simpler than I thought, I had guessed Darude. And I'd also forgotten about Vanquish.

frajaq posted:

I played pretty casually and still got some packs. Chests have a chance to upgrade (which the upgraded chest retains, so you can go from piddly bronze chest, all the way up to diamond chest), you break even in Draft after 3 wins, and the daily quests generally give nice enough rewards (often gold chests, which are a booster).

Not 40 packs at the start, you get 5 theme decks, and when you do the easy stuff you get some boosters. I think it should be around ~5 free ones total?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

How common is having Power problems in this game? It just feels stupid losing in the campaign because I don't draw them to spend on more expensive minions

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

frajaq posted:

How common is having Power problems in this game? It just feels stupid losing in the campaign because I don't draw them to spend on more expensive minions

With a properly-curved deck, you should be fine in most games. It still has that kind of variance as a system, we've discussed it in the thread too, but in general, mana screw is more often a deckbuilding issue than something you'll struggle with in every game because the RNG just hates you.
There WILL be games when the RNG will just screw you, but it's a minority, in my experience.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

frajaq posted:

There are a lot of easy/free ways to make sure you get the mana you need. I don't think most of the tutorial decks use these cards.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Alright after completing all the campaign stuff I understand the value of the Gauntlet/Forge system that you guys were talking about and how they work. The game is pretty generous but on a different way than I'm used to.

Managed to go 7-0 on my first Forge run :toot:

Now I have 6,5k gold but no idea how to spend, I guess play Forge again?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

frajaq posted:

Alright after completing all the campaign stuff I understand the value of the Gauntlet/Forge system that you guys were talking about and how they work. The game is pretty generous but on a different way than I'm used to.

Managed to go 7-0 on my first Forge run :toot:

Now I have 6,5k gold but no idea how to spend, I guess play Forge again?

Drafting gives you the most rewards. You get to open 4 packs and also get the most from winning.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
You also get the shift stone from those packs you draft.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Eh I'd suggest keep going forge until you get to master when they stop giving you rank up chests.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey, I'd been playing this game since relatively early on in the beta. I really liked it, collected all the cards, made master a bunch, but got distracted by thanksgiving and crypt of the necrodancer so I didn't even notice they did the wipe. Not quite sure how the new changes are going to affect constructed meta, I actually have only played limited since the wipe, as I know if I make anything before I run out of gold it'll show up as my next legendary. Limited has been nice, though. With all the experienced players having drafted their way up ranks in the first few days, I've spent my gaming time yesterday playing against a much newer crowd, and my win rate showed it. Made my way to gold league from placement matches in a single binge. I'm thinking about going for Stonescar weapons to start, since I think the only nerf in that deck was the blackguard sidearm, and I've been a huge fan of smuggler's stash for as long as I've been playing. Alas, opened no Statuary Maidens in the 78 packs I got for the reset nor any of the 30 or so I've opened in various rewards since. 3 Vorprex, including a premium though. Anyway, I should continue being active in this game, it plays really nicely and I trust the developers to understand what makes their game good and continue to develop intelligently.

If anyone wants to send me a contact request its Shovelmint+2053

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Shovelmint posted:

I'm thinking about going for Stonescar weapons to start, since I think the only nerf in that deck was the blackguard sidearm, and I've been a huge fan of smuggler's stash for as long as I've been playing.
Oh. Sparring Partner got removed. Well crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
Found this game right at the tail end of closed beta. So far I am loving it. Just the right mix of strategy and speed to games, basically async draft system so I can draft and play games whenever and a fairly generous f2p system make me excited for the future of this game.