Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

You can explain away a rb on someone if it gets watched. But if RB and Kill both came into Tobbs and he was watched there would be no way anyone would believe that wasn't coordinated.

But if he gets watched and not killed, he's going to come in and say I was roleblocked, and what's your excuse for roleblocking the elite bodyguard?

Like I want him to live, but I'm not going to jail him because his role is too valuable to be roleblocked.

If you get a couple people visiting him and they get watched one of them probably gets outed as scum, but it's not going to sink the whole team.

I still think either you risk it and do both or you leave him alone and hope for the best, and I personally think it's go all in. Elite bodyguard is dangerous as hell for scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
I think the scum team just wanted to prevent a possible protection role from acting, so they were less likely to miss out on a kill. It is entirely possible that the idea of a watcher never crossed their minds.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

A gamble. On the off chance they were killed, painting those of us who openly voiced dissent to the chores vote as scum.

Also I figured it'd be informative either way. I'd be able to make connections to other players that would likely target them because they were most vocal.

However. I learned nothing. Failing both nights.

I don't love this reasoning. Like, as a town watcher, I want to catch the person doing the kill so I want to guess who the scum are going to kill. I understand not everyone is like me, but this still doesn't fit for me. This seems more like the reasoning scum would have. They want to identify the other moving town power roles so target someone scummy to see who targets them.

But I don't really want to cuddle a possible town watcher first among my scum picks.

Still leaning AN/TM first.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

I don't love this reasoning. Like, as a town watcher, I want to catch the person doing the kill so I want to guess who the scum are going to kill. I understand not everyone is like me, but this still doesn't fit for me. This seems more like the reasoning scum would have. They want to identify the other moving town power roles so target someone scummy to see who targets them.

But I don't really want to cuddle a possible town watcher first among my scum picks.

Still leaning AN/TM first.

It's a gamble either way. I target someone Whose said or done little or target someone who is almost guaranteed to be visited by someone? I know it's not the most Orthodox approach, but who would you have watched?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

It's a gamble either way. I target someone Whose said or done little or target someone who is almost guaranteed to be visited by someone? I know it's not the most Orthodox approach, but who would you have watched?

I said already. Tobbs. If he's town, he is the most threatening player left on the board for scum to deal with.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That works for N1 when there weren't any real strong NK targets, but absolutely not for N2.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well my justifications are what they are here. I've said all there is to say.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

I said already. Tobbs. If he's town, he is the most threatening player left on the board for scum to deal with.

And if you'd been watching him(and not jailed) you'd know if he was really roleblocked/who did it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Well my justifications are what they are here. I've said all there is to say.

Armed with the new claims/info that has spilled into the thread, have your reads changed at all?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Armed with the new claims/info that has spilled into the thread, have your reads changed at all?

I'm willing to admit that if asiina is a jailer and n1 jailed anarc, that there has to be a scum blocker.

That's the only possibility where asiina and I are both town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm willing to admit that if asiina is a jailer and n1 jailed anarc, that there has to be a scum blocker.

So who are your thoughts on who scum would be then?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

I'll have to get back to you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

King Burgundy posted:

Why are you assuming that Asiina is a Town Jailer?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jedit posted:

Have you not been paying attention to my posts?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Here is the most recent example of why:

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I hesitate to make meta reads on her since I know she went out of her way to establish a new meta at some point, and I'm not sure where she is at currently. But the meta AN was standing behind was the old meta I'm familiar with. And that version of her would never make effort cases like the one she made on you.

Right now I'm definitely leaning town on her.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jedit posted:

Also, you realize I was responding to a post where AA was admitting he and Asiina could both be town?

Like, this post is really bad Jedit on a variety of levels.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Since there were two unique actions failed last night, I'm not ruling this out. I think there definitely is a scum roleblocker, and reading the interactions in the mason doc give me a pretty solid town read on Asiina and KB. (I wasn't sure on KB until I had the opportunity to read the doc, a lot more sure of this now.)

I'm not sold that you're town, but there's enough ambiguity here that I would be a lot more comfortable with my original lynch choice today in TM.

That said, if there's any ambiguity over ANarc, then she needs to die before LYLO, and I think there's more than ambiguity here. Her waiting until the very end of the day to come in after being absent for much of D2 was really suspicious to me, and that's in addition to getting the train rolling on Asiina and then fading as I noted in a previous post. A scum executioner wins the game, and if she's scum then there's nothing to say that her "one-shot" claim is the truth.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Provided Asiina is town, but not necessarily requiring that she is. c pig and Flying leatherman. Interactions with asiina are minimal but in general their actual effort in this game is worse than TMs IMO. It seems fakes in FLs case or unabashedly detached in pigs.

Outside of that tobbs heavy handed flavor casing rubbed me wrong but I didn't speak against it because he was the only person remotely not making GBS threads all over my idea and challenging the status quo at the time.

And even with your posts, unless your masonry is confirmed there is no guarantee asiina is town.

I'm willing to say she is contingent upon us lynching a scum role blocker.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Here's how this day/night will play out though...

A. I get lynched. I am confirmed town. A claimed bodyguard, a mason, a jailer, and a tracker are outed...

B. I don't get lynched. A claimed watcher, a bodyguard, a mason, a jailer and a tracker are outed...

Either way, town is going to be at a loss, because while we've put the pieces together to make our picture clearer, scum just got targets. And are still probably presently lying through their teeth

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

We could mass claim. :)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd believe the exe to be third party more than scum or town IMO, but I think trying to get to the bottom of our actions is most beneficial right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Might be for the best at this point, but how will we determine whose claims are bullshit and whose claims are legit.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Might be for the best at this point, but how will we determine whose claims are bullshit and whose claims are legit.

Probably couldn't today. But would lock people into provable things as the game goes on.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Isn't this always a concern with massclaiming? Part of getting everything out in the open is so that we can verify actions going forward and catch people lying on future nights.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Fine.

I'll claim if we make it a rule everyone has to claim or they get lynched :colbert:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Like, I would have waited at least another day normally. But now that so much is out there, it feels beneficial to me to finish.

Interested in hearing what everyone else thinks about that, as well as everything else we've discussed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm with KB in that I wish we hadn't claimed but now that the ball is rolling, might as well keep going with it. Like we already have some good scum kill targets so there's not really a risk of outing yourself and getting killed over some other things claimed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also something that was brought up in the doc but hasn't been said in the thread. There could be 3 or 4 members of the scum team. 15 is a strange number in that 4 scum is slightly too many but 3 is quite a bit too few if we're aiming for a 25% scum ratio.

I still think it's AA/ANarc/TM and if I had to pick a 4th it could be CPig, but it's hard to say when he's been so absent.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Also something that was brought up in the doc but hasn't been said in the thread. There could be 3 or 4 members of the scum team. 15 is a strange number in that 4 scum is slightly too many but 3 is quite a bit too few if we're aiming for a 25% scum ratio.

I still think it's AA/ANarc/TM and if I had to pick a 4th it could be CPig, but it's hard to say when he's been so absent.

Well to set you all on the straight path provided town can still afford a mislynch, its in our best interest to lynch me and refocus our efforts in light of the knowledge that all my opinions were in fact genuine.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also apparently Glowku is in this game who knew

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Well to set you all on the straight path provided town can still afford a mislynch, its in our best interest to lynch me and refocus our efforts in light of the knowledge that all my opinions were in fact genuine.

Naw. If you and TQ are both town, you are our remaining hunting style roles with the Cop dead. I'd rather make scum deal with you and come back to you later in the game if for some reason you haven't been killed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Once again, :agreed:

We keep having these conversations in the doc then bringing them to the thread. I still think AA is scum, but it's a confirmable enough role that I'm willing to wait on it and if you're town either scum will waste their roleblock and/or kill on you or you get some good results, or we just wait to catch you in a lie.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

About to leave the doctor's office, but I'd rather vote pig than TM. Both are mostly null, but Pig reinforces that he's making no effort.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think I'm going to go back to ##vote ANarc.

I think her posting has been scummy and that having two town vote messer uppers is just too weird that I'm almost sure she's scum.

Now that I've remember CPig and Glowku are in this game I'm less sure that it's TM and if it really is 4 scum I would rather get almost definite scum rather than look amongst the people I'm less confident about.

It'd be nice to find the roleblocker today, but I'd rather go with the safer bet.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I really recommend people go back and read the two games that I referenced earlier, Cat Lady Mafia and Gotta Go Fast, to see what I'm talking about w/r/t meta stuff and TM. There's a really clear difference in playstyle. I really think that's the main distinguishing thing for me as opposed to say cpig, who is reading to me this game the same way as he does every game.

Glowku is a valid concern, I think, but I haven't played enough games with him to really peg his playstyle this game from an alignment perspective.

I'll ##vote AN today because I think it's reasonable, but I still have a stronger read on TM than on the other low content posters in this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Would be nice if someone besides Me, Asiina, FL, TQ and AA would talk.

King Burgundy posted:

Interested in hearing what everyone else thinks about that, as well as everything else we've discussed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said I'd claim if others would claim and we agreed to lynch the non-claimers :colbert:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

I said I'd claim if others would claim and we agreed to lynch the non-claimers :colbert:

Yeah, just waiting on the others to say something for that part.

What do you think about the rest? Has anything said changed your gut opinion on Asiina? Who else do you think is scum? Etc.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To be honest, I haven't had a proper reread of the thread yet so I'm withholding my opinion until then.

For the moment I'm taking a back seat a little bit to see what pops up.

The reason I'm not claiming yet is I might have evidence to contradict some people and I'd like to see more info on the board before revealing my hand.
And that's legit information not "HO HO HO I HAVE SO MUCH TO REVEAL! JUST NOT TODAY!" information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I would also like to hear from others. There has been more than enough content today to comment on.

• Locked thread