Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So it looks like there might be one bright spot in this shitshow of a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So it looks like there might be one bright spot in this shitshow of a year
Except that Stan won a major and is just a Wimby away from a career slam. :colbert:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
another final, another two posts itt

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dead sport. Ruined by doping Spaniards, sad to see.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
To be fair, tour finals aren't even best of five. I'm happy for Murray, he had such a strange start to the year and it's good to see him get some wins.

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

Alain Post posted:

Dead sport. Ruined by doping Spaniards, sad to see.

Personally, I wouldn't give a poo poo about all the obvious doping in tennis if they'd only mix up the surfaces a bit (to stop favoring the dopers).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

stranger danger posted:

Personally, I wouldn't give a poo poo about all the obvious doping in tennis if they'd only mix up the surfaces a bit (to stop favoring the dopers).

Agreed. Watched some mid-90s Tour Championship matches with Boris Becker the other day and I badly miss courts that were fast as hell.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Federer is the GOAT, and he didn't dope.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
he's just the best at covering it up

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
The Tennis federation don't want their own Lance Armstrong scenario so they would rather just scapegoat the odd low ranked/Russian player than target a big name, I guess :shrug:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

federer would never dope because he has a glorious head of hair.

djokovic has bad hair and that is why his game, whilst supplemented by enough steroids to fuel the next Expendables movie, is falling apart. like the cast of the next Expendables movie.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Federer hasn't doped.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I dunno if anyone's watching the Davis Cup final but this Cilic/Del Potro match is delivering. Delpo came back from two sets down and they're on serve in the fifth, almost 4:30 hours played. He has to win to keep Argentina in it.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Wow, what an effort. Broken finger in the fifth set and all.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/serena-williams-engaged-reddit-co-founder-alexis-ohanian-article-1.2927952

:captainpop:

serena noooooooooooooo

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Sock wins Delray Open because Raonic retired with injury. I'll bet Del Potro is pissed. I like Jack Sock but looks to me like either Raonic or Del Potro could have taken him.

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender
So that was pretty great stuff yesterday, all round. Anyone else watch the Fedal match?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I didn't because it started at like 2am for me but I did stay up for Kyrgios/Djokovic and that was great. A focused, motivated Kyrgios is so good. He seems to be taking a lot more time between points than was usual for him, which I guess shows that he cares a bit more nowadays.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 16, 2017

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

Glare Seethe posted:

I didn't because it started at like 2am for me but I did stay up for Kyrgios/Djokovic and that was great. A focused, motivated Kyrgios is so good. He seems to be taking a lot more time between points than was usual for him, which I guess shows that he cares a bit more nowadays.

I've only seen the highlights / condensed replays on youtube. Did Nole seem listless in between points?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Yeah. He seemed a bit disengaged, maybe somewhat resigned. I'm sure it didn't help that Kyrgios was bombing down second serves at 125 MPH. May have also been tired after the Delpo match, but either way it's clear he's still struggling a bit mentally.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roger...

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He might actually win another Grand Slam at this rate.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember when there where people saying that federer isn't the GOAT? lmao

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I'm not sure what's better, Djokovic losing or Federer winning.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

oliwan posted:

Remember when there where people saying that federer isn't the GOAT? lmao

Puckish Rogue posted:

I'm not sure what's better, Djokovic losing or Federer winning.

lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Well well well, the GOAT strikes again.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
oh god at this rate we'll never see the end of his career, it'll outlive us all.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
So Fed's on HGH, right?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Cigar Aficionado posted:

So Fed's on HGH, right?

Finally catching up with the rest of the tennis world.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xabi posted:

Well well well, the GOAT strikes again.

Yes, the GOAT of sports.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Cigar Aficionado posted:

So Fed's on HGH, right?

Amongst other things no doubt.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol look at these losers trying to discredit the GOAT of GOATs. sad.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cigar Aficionado posted:

So Fed's on HGH, right?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish i could gently caress Roger Federer.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I live in Switzerland and just about every Swiss woman has said, in front of their husbands or boyfriends, that they would do beautiful and disgusting things to Roger Federer.

I think it's also funny that they're really trying to put Stan in a bunch of ads.

Oh, and here's a picture of Murray and Federer playing tennis in the middle of the river in downtown Zurich:

I will conclude this Federer post by saying that his winning percentage has increased since he turned 30.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVfZJFNYF0s

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress yeah bitches, a new post in the tennis thread!!!!

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. I was there Monday for the first round, but I guess I picked the wrong evening.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Talk about picking the wrong loving night...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know who fucks? Roger Federer.

• Locked thread