Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

ElGroucho posted:

I know when I want to check the time, I like to dig through my pockets like a moron, and press a button, instead of just casually flicking my wrist

You doofus

lol no way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

my nearest costco is like half an hour away

is it still worth it if i probably wont go there super often

My nearest Costco is 220 miles away, but gently caress it, once every month or two we load up the kids, get a hotel, have fun on day one, wake up the next morning, fill the SUV up at Costco, and head home. Mucn better quality than we get at the lovely market in our one horse town.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

Waiting for the 3 meter tall teddy bears to return for xmas. How people get those home is beyond me.

These have been at my costco for a few months

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

uli2000 posted:

My nearest Costco is 220 miles away, but gently caress it, once every month or two we load up the kids, get a hotel, have fun on day one, wake up the next morning, fill the SUV up at Costco, and head home. Mucn better quality than we get at the lovely market in our one horse town.

Word! I thought I was crazy for my 75 mile Costco pilgrimage every two months.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I can walk to my Costco

It's p.cool

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Dely Apple posted:

Waiting for the 3 meter tall teddy bears to return for xmas. How people get those home is beyond me.

It's your lucky day!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

uli2000 posted:

You fuckin liiiiie.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Big City Drinkin posted:

Does he have PTSD?

PTSDon't talk about it. D.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Ok then what is your job

I don't need to compare e-peen with anyone, sorry. :)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't need to compare e-peen with anyone, sorry. :)

It bears on your life experience and character

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i bought a big rear end jar of pickles like a month ago and i haven't even opened it yet

it was a gallon of pickles for under $4 i mean cmon I gotta buy that

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
are they dill? if so i will take them

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

i bought a big rear end jar of pickles like a month ago and i haven't even opened it yet

it was a gallon of pickles for under $4 i mean cmon I gotta buy that

Well, it's not like they are going to go bad anytime soon.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no they're mine

VendaGoat posted:

Well, it's not like they are going to go bad anytime soon.

yeah that's what i figure. the expiry date is in like 2018 lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
there's two Costco's near me, one is smaller and is where every Asian in the whole entire world shops and is less a store and more a Fury Road-esque warzone.

the other is a little further out in the burbs but is bigger and 10x more chill because most people out here balk at having to drive all of 15 minutes.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

there's two Costco's near me, one is smaller and is where every Asian in the whole entire world shops and is less a store and more a Fury Road-esque warzone.

the other is a little further out in the burbs but is bigger and 10x more chill because most people out here balk at having to drive all of 15 minutes.

I see you live in Queens.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

shoophobo posted:

I get those nice rear end prime nystrips, $80 for 4. It's a nice once a month treat.

This guy gets it.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Too distracted by the giant canister of pub mix to see giant bears I guess. Seriously though, how do people eat all that pub mix without dessicating themselves?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

uli2000 posted:

This dude deserves a loving medal.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My mother once bought one of those giant industrial kitchen sized rolls of saran wrap, with the built in cutter.

It lasted 11 years.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Super Waffle posted:

My mother once bought one of those giant industrial kitchen sized rolls of saran wrap, with the built in cutter.

It lasted 11 years.

I used to use those when I made hoagies for a living. They're the best, thinking of getting one for the house.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Super Waffle posted:

It lasted 11 years.

gonna try to beat that. let you know in 7 more.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Dely Apple posted:

Too distracted by the giant canister of pub mix to see giant bears I guess. Seriously though, how do people eat all that pub mix without dessicating themselves?

The two by my house don't have the pub mix anymore and I'm sad. I'll fight you to the death then take your pub mix and eat it all except those little flat orange things.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
^^ Those things loving suck. I don't think the pub mix has those bagel/rye chip things which are the best sadly.

rezatahs posted:

gonna try to beat that. let you know in 7 more.
I've beaten that, but then again I also use them for work for wrapping rock coring samples so that's kind of cheating.

They definitely own. I also own like the giant twin box rolls of parchment paper that lasts awhile too

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
The saran wrap rolls are the best. I had mine for three years packing lunch every day, portion freezing literally every meal I ate over that time, used it to shrink wrap a bunch of poo poo when I moved..
I got a little emotional when it died. Was thinking they would wrap my body in it but it looks like I'll go through a few more before then.

Also I have a $300 watch. How is that for an in between for nothing and one that is several thousand dollars. Have I just become the worst of both worlds?

$4000 bike though :getin:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Can us nonmembers get more of you members to go and take cool pics of costco and their products more often? Sort of lacking on the pics this thread.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anderron Shi posted:

Can us nonmembers get more of you members to go and take cool pics of costco and their products more often? Sort of lacking on the pics this thread.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Garbage food, for garbage people.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

youre very negative

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Where is the other half of the slice of pizza?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chinatown posted:

youre very negative

Beats being fleeced by a corporation that has someone convinced people that they need to buy an 11 year supply of cling wrap.

And a $4,000 watch.

And thirty pounds of chex mix.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Chinatown posted:

youre very negative

I bet he is a :siren:non member :siren:

VendaGoat posted:

Beats being fleeced by a corporation that has someone convinced people that they need to buy an 11 year supply of cling wrap.

And a $4,000 watch.

And thirty pounds of chex mix.

Say it to my face but my face is on the members only side at the entrance of Costco past the lady holding the little clicker :smug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

KakerMix posted:

I bet he is a :siren:non member :siren:

And proud of not wasting money on a subscription to a grocery store.

I can buy this poo poo literally anywhere, but OH NO! I need a membership and lovely hot dogs to justify my shopping experience.

KakerMix posted:

Say it to my face but my face is on the members only side at the entrance of Costco past the lady holding the little clicker :smug:

Gotta come out some time asswipe! :clint:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i save over $300 per year on gas after deducting the annual fee. Anyways what were you saying?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chinatown posted:

i save over $300 per year on gas after deducting the annual fee. Anyways what were you saying?

288 so far this year with a current discount of 2.80 waiting to be used on thirty gallons of gas. No membership fees.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

VendaGoat posted:

Gotta come out some time asswipe! :clint:

Too late I ducked behind the 8-ft wide box filled with microfiber throws think I'll stay overnight

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Costco membership is absolutely worth it.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

Costco membership is absolutely worth it.

exec is totally worth it if you arent a literal manchild and have to buy food and gas for a family. historically the entire things has paid for itself based on annual exec payouts

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

It bears on your life experience and character

No, jewelry does, apparently.

VendaGoat posted:

You haven't told us how to be yet, wise master.

We're still waiting...

:allears:

VendaGoat posted:

and lovely hot dogs

They're pretty good actually as hotdogs go. I think you're thinking of their polish sausages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No, jewelry does, apparently.

It does. For instance, I'm not taking life advice from some goon with a pinky ring