Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Snak posted:

I doesn't matter if he was telling the truth, she didn't know.

Didn't you read my post, I just said she did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
She didn't believe him though, which may or may not matter. :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I bought the five book collection off of Amazon. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY FOX! :argh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

VendaGoat posted:

I bought the five book collection off of Amazon. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY FOX! :argh:

For Lucifer? It's an amazing series but don't expect it to be anything like the show.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Medullah posted:

For Lucifer? It's an amazing series but don't expect it to be anything like the show.

Wait! WHOA! Hold up a second.

You're saying that a book and a movie or show isn't going to be the same?

SHOCKED! I'M SHOCKED AND APPALLED! I have half a mind to write a sternly worded letter to my congressman!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

VendaGoat posted:

SHOCKED! I'M SHOCKED AND APPALLED! I have half a mind to write a sternly worded letter to my congressman!

The difference between this one and, say, Preacher is that Lucifer just throws away the source and became a good show in it's own right. Preacher went a completely different direction than the comic except it tries to keep name recognition and became a mess. Walking Dead is a bit different because Kirkman is heavily involved so the books are written with the show in mind.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm not a religious person, and I even though I've studied all the majors, I don't have the knowledge of the specific "Angels" like some people. I am just waiting for the Angel of Death to turn out to be frikkin' Dichen Lachman, (who everyone seems to use now as a "non-specific race cool chick".

I am still wondering about exactly what Ammenadiel actually DID that made him lose his wings? He was basically doing the right thing all the time. SO he, had sex with a demon, who he LIKED VERY MUCH, but he's been attempting to do all that he's told. He's getting a slight taste of being human, but he's still 95% an angel. but he's been grounded, seemingly for no reason.

I really hope they never show or experience the actual Christian GOD in this series.. I think it will wreck the fun.

Is anyone having flashbacks of the Darkness from Supernatural? God's Sister.. The Anti-light? Wife/Sister, same deal.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Amenadiel's issues are likely psychosomatic, the result of feelings of guilt.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Aleph Null posted:

Amenadiel's issues are likely psychosomatic, the result of feelings of guilt.

But over what exactly, and is it actually guilt-worthy?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Wouldn't surprise me. Basically, the idea is that he became a raging, abusive rear end in a top hat and so he was no longer worthy of his divinity. hosed a demon for one. Then he messed around with, lied to, and used mortals to try and get his way. Did that in the course of shirking his new responsibility as caretaker of hell to try and force Lucifer back into the role. Then he resurrected a dead, extremely unmoral and unethical man explicitly to try and help him while holding the threat of hell over him as leverage. Either he's done enough bad poo poo to genuinely lose his divinity or it's all his guilt and disgust with himself causing a psychosomatic loss, yeah. Feelings of being unworthy of his place causing him to lose it and all that. Can't imagine what's happened with Uriel helping matters any if that's the case.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
He willingly sought comfort from and hosed a demon, he brought a soul back from hell, threatened to kill mortals, and lied to and manipulated them into sin, and as Luci pointed out, his real motivation for all his actions on earth are selfish, he's here because he doesn't want to have to take over Lucifer's old job.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
It sounds like the problem with being an angel is there is no upward mobility, no promotions, just down. God is not very good at this, he needs to attend a seminar on motivating employees.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

wormil posted:

It sounds like the problem with being an angel is there is no upward mobility, no promotions, just down. God is not very good at this, he needs to attend a seminar on motivating employees.
HAHA YES

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

VendaGoat posted:

Comic Lucifer is pretty much nothing like TV Lucifer.

Also there is a whole new series out that undoes the ending of the original series.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh my God Lucifer, you can't just tell people who the drug dealers are!

Ella and her murder demonstrations, I love it.

"She's standing right behind me, isn't she?"

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 22, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I love that his lease was written on a stripper's thong. Apparently in lipstick.

And his timing remains impeccable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So he's still alive or that was bad acting because his eyes were still moving.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If only his horrible real estate developer father had just run for president!

Edit: Also Lucifer was clearly drawing a ballsack on his cast.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
You guys, Luci is totally going to wind up couch-surfing either with Chloe or Dan.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Interesting to learn from this show that God likes his woman to be in the upper right corner of the Hot x Crazy matrix.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rachel Harris is apparently pocket sized.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Rachel Harris is apparently pocket sized.

I was noticing the looming. I want to say part of it is that ol' Mum is up on a step to play up the mortal alongside a literal god thing. But, no, she's just all of 5'1" tall if Google is to be believed.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
THE CLASH out of nowhere. What a show.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaaahahhaa. It's okay, Maze. I didn't see The Douche coming either.

Maze and Amanadiel watching this is hilarious.

Edit: Aaaahahahaha taking a picture of his disgusted face.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 22, 2016

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Subtle with the firelight in the background there.

Amenadiel's sheer discomfort.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

That's a pretty amazing "Oh gently caress I fell in love with her" face. Seriously, he nails both sides of the character wonderfully.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Oh poo poo, the Devil's in love!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Something's been bothering me. It's Chloe's eye makeup. I'm sure there's a makeupy name for it, but she's got the red color fading out from her eyes and it looks like she's been crying. Like, always. Every time I see her face, if her eyes are halfway open or more, it looks like we just interrupted her during a bawling session.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Something's been bothering me. It's Chloe's eye makeup. I'm sure there's a makeupy name for it, but she's got the red color fading out from her eyes and it looks like she's been crying. Like, always. Every time I see her face, if her eyes are halfway open or more, it looks like we just interrupted her during a bawling session.

Those eyebrows of hers could pop a balloon. :v:

Of course the devil is in love. It would take a lummox of such extreme proportions even god couldn't imagine one to not see this coming.

As for Mum. Well, give Tricia Helfer some credit. She's nailed it. Dead loving to rights.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
This show is just so consistently great, the cast is amazing. Could anyone have imagined it when they first announced it?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

This show is just so consistently great, the cast is amazing. Could anyone have imagined it when they first announced it?

Not I. My wife wanted to watch it because of all the eye and ear candy on the screen, but I was sure it'd be just gawd-awful. I was totally wrong.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, drat. I just realized the rest of the season will be Dan making "Your Mom" jokes to Lucifer.

"Detective Douche!"
"Well, I douched your mom"
"DAMMIT"

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
You've got it backwards. Dan is going to be horrified and lucifer will be teasing him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought that might be the case, but then I remembered the sheer revulsion from the whole "Reverse Cowgirl" mention and the "Check out these spectacular hindquarters!" moments.

Dan has something to lord (hah, bad pun) over Lucifer from now till, well, forever.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Is it really simply that Lucifer is in love? That's why his powers fade when he's near Chloe?! That's kind of underwhelming.
I hope there's more to it, like she embodies the soul of his long-forgotten sister (or step-sister) who everyone believes is gone.

And sure Dan has one on Luci. But he has a Bigger problem now, and I quote:

quote:

Deuteronomy 4:23-24
"So watch yourselves, that you do not forget the covenant of the LORD your God which He made with you, and make for yourselves a graven image in the form of anything against which the LORD your God has commanded you. "For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Psalm 79:5
How long, O LORD? Will You be angry forever? Will Your jealousy burn like fire?

God gets pyromanically jealous over statues, He probably won't be too happy when He realizes His wife, er ex-wife is shtupping Chloe's ex-husband.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 22, 2016

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
Heaven will be Dan's personal hell.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Binary Logic posted:

Is it really simply that Lucifer is in love? That's why his powers fade when he's near Chloe?! That's kind of underwhelming.
I hope there's more to it, like she embodies the soul of his long-forgotten sister (or step-sister) who everyone believes is gone.

Yeah it can't just be that, because the entire reason he got interested was because she was immune to his power of suggestion.

quote:

And sure Dan has one on Luci. But he has a Bigger problem now, and I quote:

Dan does not know Lucifer's Mom. He knows the lawyer Charlotte.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
"Hell isn't my home. It was where I was sent for punishment, like the DMV but with less screaming"

this show has no right to be this good, but somehow it is just plain FUN.

Amenadeel's face while watching his Mom mack on Dan was priceless.

I don't think they're going to run with "love" makes Lucifer weak, but more that he feels literally human around her, in the same way that his brother is losing his wings over self-doubt. Like, nothing is being DONE to them at all. They are doing it to themselves.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

DoggPickle posted:

They are doing it to themselves.

God helps those who help themselves. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I really liked the "You have no idea who I am, do you? Well I'LL SHOW YOU!" <cut to one helluva party>, because I'll be honest it faked me out and for a split second I thought he was going to go all devil-face, so the reveal totally blindsided me.

• Locked thread