Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So has it all been mathed out whether daily pulls or an 11 pull is better?

Daily is more lapis-efficient, 11-pull is more likely to get you a 4* or 5*. You also get a fixed number of daily pulls vs. an unlimited number of lapis pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

So has it all been mathed out whether daily pulls or an 11 pull is better?

5000/11 = approximately 454 Lapis per pull. One (1) of those is a gold crystal, guaranteed, but that means just about nothing as everything in the gacha is 4*-capable.

Daily pull = 250 Lapis per pull.

Until the gacha rehaul hits, there is absolutely no reason to do 11-pulls unless you want a hail mary to try to grab a banner's chaser right before it ends.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Going back to exceed ring talk, is there really no one on jp with an exceed ring yet? I mean, there's gotta be someone, right?

Maybe there's some secret check where the more you have of the materials, the less chance there is for the rest of them to drop.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

Until the gacha rehaul hits, there is absolutely no reason to do 11-pulls unless you want a hail mary to try to grab a banner's chaser right before it ends.

What exactly is the gacha rehaul?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

aherdofpenguins posted:

What exactly is the gacha rehaul?

11 pull will guarantee at least a single 5 star in the pull.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

11 pull will guarantee at least a single 5 star in the pull.

Is that so? I didn't remember hearing that part of it.

The important parts, though, are:
  • All units will be equally weighted in their rarity tier; no longer will you be more likely to pull Bediles and Shadows and Lanis than you are Exdeaths and Firions and Bartzes
  • A gold crystal will always be a base-4*, a rainbow crystal will always be a base-5*. No more getting Gold Shadowned.

Thus, whatever guaranteed 4*s/5*s you get will actually be units of at least decent worth.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

Going back to exceed ring talk, is there really no one on jp with an exceed ring yet? I mean, there's gotta be someone, right?

Maybe there's some secret check where the more you have of the materials, the less chance there is for the rest of them to drop.

I'm sure there's someone, but it was mentioned on in some reddit thread that they're hard to craft even for whales because one of the materials is a low % drop from crafting one of the components.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

Is that so? I didn't remember hearing that part of it.

The important parts, though, are:
  • All units will be equally weighted in their rarity tier; no longer will you be more likely to pull Bediles and Shadows and Lanis than you are Exdeaths and Firions and Bartzes
  • A gold crystal will always be a base-4*, a rainbow crystal will always be a base-5*. No more getting Gold Shadowned.

Thus, whatever guaranteed 4*s/5*s you get will actually be units of at least decent worth.

Oh, I guess I misread it earlier in the thread, your probably right and I'm wrong. Besides, we are global and therefore hosed anyway.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

AegisP posted:

I'm sure there's someone, but it was mentioned on in some reddit thread that they're hard to craft even for whales because one of the materials is a low % drop from crafting one of the components.

So they don't have equal drop rates?

I guess global does have the advantage of foresight. I doubt most of jp had much megacrysts/hero rings/trophies when it first came out. A lot of the trophies can't just be whaled either. Hell, even megacrysts farming can't be whaled. Still gotta collect those crysts yourself.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
sacred crystals

what the poo poo, where and how

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SquirrelGrip posted:

sacred crystals

I know, Vortex Pro, and pray.

mrmanuke
May 16, 2012

Dias posted:

I thought Int was supposed to have the best sacred crystal/NRG rate.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dias posted:

Might get 5 or you might get none.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I can't clear Maxwell with Mylan or Fenrir, does anyone else have a better unit? This is sad. :negative:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mrmanuke posted:

I thought Int was supposed to have the best sacred crystal/NRG rate.

As far as I know no one actually knows which one is best, but Pro seems to have a better yield lately.

mrmanuke
May 16, 2012

Dias posted:

As far as I know no one actually knows which one is best, but Pro seems to have a better yield lately.

Oh hmm. I'll give it a try. I need a bunch of them right now to get my Ingus up, hopefully in time to beat Maxwell. By the way, can anyone lend me a CoD/DKC/Elza with dual weild/600+ atk and Diabolos for the Maxwell fight? ID is 199923797.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

WebDO posted:

I can't clear Maxwell with Mylan or Fenrir, does anyone else have a better unit? This is sad. :negative:

Any dual wielding CoD, especially one dual wielding a combination of Rising Sun/Lunar Pestle is better than most buff Lightning/Elza units for killing Maxwell. 450-500ish atk CoD, especially with Diablos, is just a shitload of Maneater damage on an easily chained single hit skill and with more durability due to the extra 50% light resist (or 0, if they use diablos for yet more damage).

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dias posted:

god loving dammit

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SquirrelGrip posted:

sacred crystals

I burned through a couple (10 or so) of Lapis energy refreshes, and did the INT Awakening dungeon, got enough to awaken Cecil and Refia to 5 stars.

PRO might be better, it's all up to the RNG.

WebDO posted:

I used Xyvious' CoD, with a Cecil, Agrias, my own CoD, Refia and Lightning. The secret was to keep Embolden and Focus up, Maxwell Full Broken, and turning the game off every other turnmaking sure to guard and keep your HP up every four turns to avoid the party wipe.

The trick is to balance survivability with damage. You kind of need two healers and a breaker.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Maxwell fight is cool and good. I didn't want those Phoenix downs and elixirs anyway.

This was my closest one yet but even if I got him I was nowhere near summoning diabolos. Friend unit was a 500 attack Elza that almost carried me to victory. Almost!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Went in with VoGoR's Elza and Maxwell went down in round 2, so that's the no KOs mission cleared. I don't think I'll go for the finish with a Limit mission. 10k karma just isn't worth the headache and potential NRG wasted if I fail.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Does Maxwell always do that heal and ubernuke attack every 4th turn?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Did they nerf Dark Knight Cecil or something without telling anyone? Because suddenly he's eating up like 3k+ of his own health to use his good moves when he wasn't before, and he was already max level and none of his equipment has been changed.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Shoenin posted:

Not if the game 'crashes' every 3 turns or so. :ssh:

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Shark Tower posted:

There was this post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5bh09x/dual_wield_in_all_its_forms/d9ohrxh/ that says no one has them. In there it links to some of the twitter accounts for the top three whales in JP. If this guy https://twitter.com/FF_ChromeHearts/status/797510229554438144 (note two of those are 5* bases and the other is a 4* base) doesn't have any then good luck.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Finally got Maxwell. I had no trouble killing her, but there is no reasonable way to evoke Diabolos without Rydia or Garnet in your party.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get Maxwell on my next attempt (5th). I was doing great with WoL, DK Cecil with barrage, Lenna stacked with HP, CoD, Lightning, and a friend CoD. Then Endless happened and I didn't block. Everyone was at full health, Maxwell had fullbreak applied with no attack boost, and I had protectga and shell up. Everyone but the friend CoD and WoL died. It was awful.

Edit: I could easily beat her if I weren't trying to summon, which I did manage to do before endless happened.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
You should have CoD put up omni-veil for Endless. It's helpful to have it up as much as you can, but it's huge for Endless. When I went back and cleared for the 10k Karma I actually pushed her past the threshold because I badly misjudged the damage I'd do that round and since I have full break, Focus, and omni-veil all going the most damage anyone took was probably 2-2.5k and without omni running I'd have probably lost most of my team.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Oh that's the other thing, I did have omni veil up. Endless is just disgusting with its damage if you're not guarding.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

Unless you close the app, resetting the counter, yes.

Mrit SA posted:

Not if the game 'crashes' every 3 turns or so. :ssh:

Yes... "crashes."

As long as you can keep Full Break, Enbolden/Cheer and Focus active, and remember to close the app every other turn so she never wafflestomps youguard every fourth turn while doing so, you have a decent chance at surviving long enough to finish her off.

Mr. Swoon posted:

Finally got Maxwell. I had no trouble killing her, but there is no reasonable way to evoke Diabolos without Rydia or Garnet in your party.

Use Barrage/reset the app if you don't get at least two summon orbs a round.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Thanks to Fenrir's CoD I managed to beat Maxwell and also get the summon achievement thing as well as there no KOs somehow. Oh and my game crashed like six times. Hopefully I don't get banned for it but uh, I can't really see someone unlocking Maxwell without that happening unless they have an absolutely perfect team.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

Just got maxwell down with the Diablos summon, been a mad rush leveling my new CoD to help with the fight.

Unexpected bonus where a Kain with barrage was my best second attacker is that his Jump landing to break the 30% threshold lets me guard with everyone for the Endless to leave me with enough alive to finish her off.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Thanks to Fenrir's CoD I managed to beat Maxwell and also get the summon achievement thing as well as there no KOs somehow. Oh and my game crashed like six times. Hopefully I don't get banned for it but uh, I can't really see someone unlocking Maxwell without that happening unless they have an absolutely perfect team.

Well-rounded (ie- tanky and with a solid Healer) or Dualcast. You can bury Maxwell under Curajas/ability to raise two people per turn and still Curaja. Dualcast Refia was honestly my single most important unit in the fight, above and beyond my attackers or tanks.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I managed to get Maxwell down

but uh, I got like no limit or summon bar with this process. Least I got the no KO dark res thingy.
But I got and train RAIDEN of mist so I know I can do the evocation one, just need practice and patience.

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
Survivability is the key to getting Maxwell. Well, that and gaming the system a bit. I was able to get the No KOs/Diablos objectives after a bit of an ordeal with CoD/Rydia/Agrias/Lenna/Tilith/friend CoD.

The two CoDs basically just timed Call of the Void as the primary source of damage. Agrias kept up Full Break as needed and fed Elixirs/Turbo Ethers to Tilith as needed, Tilith alternated between Rainbow Veil and Celestial Light, Lenna spammed Curaja, and Rydia loaded up with defensive abilities and equipment just drank a Hyper and straight attacked to try and build up her limit/summon gauge as quickly as possible.

If you have Rainbow Veil/Celestial Light/Full Break up basically at all times (and force-close to avoid her 4th round attacks), you can hang around for a really long time, with the catch being that Tilith can't really afford to spend a turn healing, so you need someone else capable of that.

Notty fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 22, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Hyper's you can just use normally as items right?

Dont need that Drink skill right?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Hyper's you can just use normally as items right?

Dont need that Drink skill right?

No drink, pop 'em like a normal item (then wander why they aren't getting any limit. Guessing they double limit gain when they get crystals but I dont want to blow far plane souls crafting and testing that)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Scrublord Prime posted:

No drink, pop 'em like a normal item (then wander why they aren't getting any limit. Guessing they double limit gain when they get crystals but I dont want to blow far plane souls crafting and testing that)

Yeah, they make each crystal worth more, same as Elza's passive buff on Madness Strike or whatever it's called.

As for what you need Drink to chug down: Body Boost, Mana Boost, Protect Drink, Shell Drink, Hero Drink, and maybe Bacchus Wine? I'm not sure on that last one.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 22, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
EXDEATH IS ON THE BANNER! So's Bartz. Looks like we miss out on random Axe girl but I guess they aren't ready to overload us with 6* units yet.

Event exploration looks like a bunch of garbage except another Trust Moogle.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Thank you so much, Mylan.

• Locked thread