Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Briefly gripped by crippling ennui, Butterscotch shakes it off and reminds himself of his sacred purpose: meowing at Chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I have a neck again. I have a neck again!

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
We have a plastic cat igloo that we leave in the yard along with daily food and fresh water. We made into an outdoor fort warms by adding the heated cat pad for those snowy frozen days. We have three visitors at various times day and night which stimulates the five inside cats!

This thread makes me happy with all of the awesome people taking care of pets that just need some food, an extra bit of love and attention or some dietary discipline.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

WHY DON'T MY JOWLS MAKE THAT SLAPPING NOISE ANYMORE

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

"What do you mean, 2016 isn't over yet?"

"Back up, there's how much dolphin in my tuna? ...Can we get more?"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

So tell me, fine goons, what exactly is going...

here?

Butterscotch is so shocked that his request for tuna with oil was approved that he needs to reset his brain and be told again.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 21, 2016

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Seriously? Pancakes with no syrup?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Chili, why did you buy a turkey lighter than me? It won't be enough for Thanksgiving.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

You can really tell how much he's slimmed down! His belly flaps are actually kinda cute. Buttery fella.

So time to admit something very embarrassing.

When I see butterscotch when I come home, I sing this song (to the tune of "Let's All Go To The Lobby")

Who's my buttery fella?
Who's my buttery fella?
Who's my buttery fellaaaaa?
His name is butterscotch!

Then I grab his head and jiggle it.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
If anyone in this thread says they do not make up songs to sing to their pets, they are dirty liars.

This is the one Charlotte gets when she's in my lap, to the tune of The Long and Winding Road:

The long and winding tail
That slaps me in the face
Will never disappear
I've seen this tail before
It's always leads me here
Leads me to your butt

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That's a good butteryell :kimchi:

And I know I said this before, but I'd totally chip in to a communal Butterscotch flap extraction fund

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Chili posted:

So time to admit something very embarrassing.

When I see butterscotch when I come home, I sing this song (to the tune of "Let's All Go To The Lobby")

Who's my buttery fella?
Who's my buttery fella?
Who's my buttery fellaaaaa?
His name is butterscotch!

Then I grab his head and jiggle it.

It's better than one of my standbys, which is just "bad cats are bad, bad cats are bad... bad cats are baaaaad!" Very musical, bigly voice, etc.

Cat songs are one of the highlights of cat ownership.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Mine is "here comes Meyer, he's a berserker" sung to the tune of that weird little song from the end of Clerks. I should probably switch which cat I sing it to, given that Meyer has gotten downright polite and Rosie's the twenty-pound battering ram of enthusiasm, but old habits die hard.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Chili posted:

here?

Looks a lot nicer if you don't include the rest of this post in yours btw.

Rosebud's a sled?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Chili posted:

:woop: Caption Time! :woop:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/d56c1c85344181e0069b81688ddb8d2c/tumblr_o0ot0db6Zg1u8mn2eo1_400.gif

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

There's an orange president?!

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

And I know I said this before, but I'd totally chip in to a communal Butterscotch flap extraction fund

Same. I'd look at it as indirectly donating to a small fostering organization as well as helping out the nice Butterscotch. You do good poo poo for cats, Chili.

On songs: all of my current cats are nicknamed after some other animal: little grey Mouse used to squeak, Ponies likes to rear up like a horse for pets, and Bears because he's orange, and to quote Milne, he's That Sort of Bear. (don't ask why they're plural...)

Occasionally there's "ponies the cat" to the tune of Felix's theme, but I just remember those three words. Pretty regularly there's:
bears bears bears
he's a little little bears
he's a little fuzzy bears
a little fuzzy wuzzy bears
(repeat)

sung to him while in the shower, because he hangs out in the bathroom and likes when I talk/sing to him.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Aww he's sneezing :3:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Look! I practiced real good in case we get mice this winter...

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
I sing Billy Idol's White Wedding to my cat fluffy cat Ferdinand "It's a nice day, for a white kitten" and "Hey little kitten what have you done"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh my god. I'm not the only crazy person who bastardizes songs and sings them to their cat.

I mean it when I say... I thought I was the only one.

I love you all.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I sing to my cats all the time. Sometimes I even use pre-existing melodies. Most of the time I just make up the tune as I go, though WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT is always a favorite to sing to Norris.

(When it comes on the radio I dance with him and he hates hit. :kimchi:)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Singing to cats is a time honored tradition.
Edit: I mean I've been doing it for at least 30 years.

Graedyn
Feb 21, 2009

Wedge Regret

Chili posted:

Oh my god. I'm not the only crazy person who bastardizes songs and sings them to their cat.

I love you all.

Heck no! Every one of my kitties has their own song. Once I get down to figuring out how to post pictures, I shall post!

In the meantime, my tortie's Emma's song, to the tune of Green Acres:
Who is the baby? Emmie
Who is the baby? Emmie
Who is the baby, who is the baby, who is the baby?
Emmie!
(As a side note, I almost lost her last August when I took her in for her spay and she had a horrible reaction to the anesthesia induction drugs. She went from not breathing on her own with fixed and dilated pupils to jumping around like in ninja in under 48 hours, but I still think of her as this fragile baby girl--hence the song.)

Finn, a gray and white cow cat, is the the Name Game tune, using "Finnie".
Finnie, Finnie, bo-ber-nee,
Bo-na-na-fanna-bo-fer-nee,
Vee fi mo-mer-ney,
Finnie!

Loki, a big squishy tabby (about 19 pound-worth) to On Top of Old Smokey:
A kitty named Loki,
All covered with fluff,
He's such a big sweetheart,
That I can't get enough.

Sophie, a tuxedo: O Sophie-mio.. (in English, though. I know no Italian!)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

Well, as far as I'm concerned outdoor cats without a collar are fair game and it sounds like you'd make for a good owner. It's cool of you to put up flyers and such but that also means you may be best suited holding onto to the kitty. If the owners come around looking for it and it decides to go somewhere else, that won't be good for anyone.

It may be a personal axe to grind but people who let their cats roam around with putting a collar on them are not good owners. So I say, hold on to good kitty and it's yours for now unless you hear from the owner. If, however, the cat freaks out being indoors and needs to go out, that's another bridge to cross. You shouldn't feel guilty about keeping it indoors, though, if it wants to be in your house and you're cool with it being in your house, the cat should be in your house enjoying the warmth and the love.

To be fair to some people, we tried very hard to get our outdoor (TERRIFIED of being in houses) cat to wear a collar. It vanished every time. :argh: We went through four before we gave up.

He's since passed away, but out of sheer curiosity, is there a way to somehow make that not happen? Because christ, he was a magician with that thing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nope, if a cat can figure out how to get a cat safe collar off the only thing you can try to do is make the cat like wearing a collar. You can't use a dog collar or anything like that because it could get stuck and choke them. I mean, if it's a cat that doesn't have free roaming privileges you can establish that collar means outside, otherwise you have to just use positive association with treats and hope for the best.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
My horrendous song that I sing to my fat fluffball Odin is this awful kids song I've had stuck since my oldest (who is now 13) was a toddler, it's the one that just goes "peanut, peanut butter. and jelly!"

Only when I sing it to Odin it's "Fluffer, fluffer butter. AND JELLY!" and I make sure to give his fat belly a good shake when I say jelly.

e: I almost forgot, Persephone has a song set to Barry Manilow's Copacabana that just goes "She's my cutie, cutie patootie" I have no imagination and haven't gotten any farther than that.

Marchegiana fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 22, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Nobody in my family has ever sung to a cat

We make up dialogue for them instead.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I don't really sing to my cats except finding stupid ways to say "good morniiiing nice kittiiiiies". I do however have ten thousand nicknames for each of them. Malachi is Mally, Mallydoodle, Doodlebug, Sugarbear, and Gooberpea. Leo is Fluffypuff, Tubbs, Tubbo, Big Boy, and Giant Baby. Buttercup is Butterbutt, Butterbean, Beanybutt, Sweetiepie, Squeakyhead, and The Most Delicate Little Princess Baby Whinyhead (I mean, that's what she is). I'm sure there's more that I can't remember right now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Tiberius is Tibi, Tibers, Tiberonious, Mr Tibs and my personal favorite, get off my chest you gigantic rear end in a top hat cause I can't breathe.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I just congratulate my cats for being adorable and/or ferocious.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

In my head I added a cowbell and a calf moo.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

I started singing to cats when Simba (previously posted orange and white Best Cat Ever) went blind. It reassured him that I was there, let him know where I was, etc. A few years of that, and it became habit.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

All I can hear is

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What do guys suggest for a kitty with a stuff nose? My Tibi has suffered from allergies since birth and its usually a stuffy nose since where I live is lovely and there's spores and poo poo everywhere, so I'm curious if you guys have any remedies or anything.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I sing poop songs, usually when I am waiting for dogs to do their last business. Not sure where the tunes come from , probably a nursery rhyme. Words vary but the general gist is "please poop now, I'm cold and I wanna go home"

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Alteisen posted:

What do guys suggest for a kitty with a stuff nose? My Tibi has suffered from allergies since birth and its usually a stuffy nose since where I live is lovely and there's spores and poo poo everywhere, so I'm curious if you guys have any remedies or anything.

Lock your cat in the bathroom with you and take a really hot shower so the room gets all steamy?

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

I love you all.

And let's not forget the classics

Tabitha Tabitha bo-babitha
Banana-fana fo fabitha
Fee fi fo mabitha
Tabitha!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Radio! posted:

Lock your cat in the bathroom with you and take a really hot shower so the room gets all steamy?

This is what I do, too. My cat has asthma and allergies, and has been prescribed an inhaler in the mornings, but I don't know how much help that would be to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

When I open up treats for cats I sing cat snack fever and play air guitar