Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Boo, no Mercedes. At least Krile and Galuf don't have rate ups.

Exploration gear looks really bad, but I'll take another TM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

AegisP posted:

At least Krile and Galuf don't have rate ups.

You say it like they aren't gonna show up 90% of the time anyway.

Is it worth pulling for Gilgamesh if you already have a Lightning/Bartz?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I just started. Can I get Prishe from FFXI?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Jesus christ the biggest opponent to Evoke Maxwell isnt herself

Its the RNG. I dont think Ive ever had a more rigged experience than I just had.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kuai posted:

I just started. Can I get Prishe from FFXI?

Not at the moment; even Shantotto is stuck in a lowly 4* (aka 'not that great') form and won't be seeing any upgrades for quite a few months.

That said, she will be coming along, with time.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Eddain posted:

Aside from the fact that pulling for a 5* is a bad idea in general, Gilgamesh is good right now, great in the future, and has his TM which might be more valuable than he is.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So apparently you can get Elza from the half-price dailies still, despite it not being the Brave Frontier banner any more. :psyduck:

I mean, I'm not complaining, especially about my first Base-5*, but still it was more than a little bit of a surprise.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Very happy how this banner turned out. Will surely pull daily and dump tickets on it.

Maybe Gumi shows mercy and grants me my first Rainbow ever? That TM sure looks sexy.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

So apparently you can get Elza from the half-price dailies still, despite it not being the Brave Frontier banner any more. :psyduck:

I mean, I'm not complaining, especially about my first Base-5*, but still it was more than a little bit of a surprise.

The featured banner is just rate-up; BF units are still available from normal and half-price pulls until the BF banner goes away entirely.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gold star Bedile, gently caress this game, etc, etc.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Did they stealthbuff MarandaCoast Explo? Lightnings that before the update were not even close to in danger are now dead for sure if I dont heal them up / use tent. What happened?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Vax posted:

Did they stealthbuff MarandaCoast Explo? Lightnings that before the update were not even close to in danger are now dead for sure if I dont heal them up / use tent. What happened?

Usually my accidentally grind deaths are because the ONE scorpion in the first zone landed poison and I didn't notice.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Those of you in need of Mystic Ore, bring thieves to Grandsheld Castle second floor, steal from object d'fart and overkill everything., averaging two per 4 NRG run. Forget Awakening Vortex.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So what was up with that warning announcement this morning? Are they trying to ban macro users, or are they referring to people who are hacking the game to get TM rewards? Because if they start banning macro users, welp, I'm done with this game.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Palleon posted:

So what was up with that warning announcement this morning? Are they trying to ban macro users, or are they referring to people who are hacking the game to get TM rewards? Because if they start banning macro users, welp, I'm done with this game.
Most likely the apk injections that people were discussing in the last thread. Those types of things actively cost Gumi money. If anything there's plenty of whales out there that spend Lapis but the box full to refresh their NRG so they can keep the macro going, that's good for them. Macros might give a group of players an edge, but it doesn't give them anything they couldn't already get.

Getting a bunch of free tickets is game breaking and particularly at a time when PVP just came out.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Palleon posted:

Pretty sure it's about packet injection. On the otherhand they could just ban everyone they find and harden their datastream to make this type of easy injection impossible.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Gold star Bedile, gently caress this game, etc, etc.

Golden Lani.

On the upside, I will eventually have an Equip Axe to give to Alma or Tillith or Maxwell or CoD.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Oh poo poo. Gilgamesh is here. Gonna have to try to get the man in my party

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I hope they just steal the music from RK for this exploration.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally killed Maxwell while achieving the Diablos and limit burst missions thanks for force close scumming. Ahhh flashbacks of FFRK right there.

And now I have yet another TM that I could reeeeeeeeeeally use, but I'm still a couple of days away from finishing my next 100%, and have a large clump of ones in the 50%-60%s. I should really just enable the 'use lapis' macro and let it fire away.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

MohShuvuu posted:

Thank you so much, Mylan.

Hey man, grats.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

To get ready for my Exdeaths and Bartz 6*, I decided to just grind out the rest of the mats from the karma event. I think I used up my luck though because I got back to back runs with 3 metal gods each. I can now not expect that I will not pull a rainbow crystal for some time.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I haven't seen metal gods in a week, but I did just pull my first rainbow. Weird.

It was DK Cecil, so that's cool. I've got a solid team, is he worth grinding up?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I haven't seen metal gods in a week, but I did just pull my first rainbow. Weird.

It was DK Cecil, so that's cool. I've got a solid team, is he worth grinding up?

His TM sword is supposed to be pretty drat good, especially for PvP.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Shoenin posted:

Jesus christ the biggest opponent to Evoke Maxwell isnt herself

Its the RNG. I dont think Ive ever had a more rigged experience than I just had.

Reminder for any still trying to get Maxwell: make sure you can win the fight, then start save scamming every turn by force closing the game before the end of either your or her turn. This can be done to change what attacks/who she attacks and how many limit crystals/esper orbs received.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Using a buddy Maxwell for karma farming is fun since I just one-shot Vargas when chaining a pair of Endless LBs and throwing Call of the Void in the middle of it for an easily 500k+ damage hit thanks to the maxxed out damage multiplier. Sucks that we won't have her 6* form for a few months unless Gumi decides to be uncharacteristically generous.

Shoenin posted:

I managed to get Maxwell down

but uh, I got like no limit or summon bar with this process. Least I got the no KO dark res thingy.
But I got and train RAIDEN of mist so I know I can do the evocation one, just need practice and patience.

Not filling your summon bar is punishment for using those awful character nicknames that infest the FFRK thread. :colbert:

Use moves like Barrage and Cleansing Strike (due to their higher individual orb chests from being 4x and 3x attacks) early in the fight and just take your time going through the first 30-50% of Maxwell's HP, or get some good (elemental) chains since that can also help get summon orbs to drop. You can try relying on Rydia but you're going to need to just spend a lot of time on basic attacks to get her bar filled in the first place and she'll largely be dead weight (or just dead) for a lot of the fight since she's extremely fragile. Hyper can help but when I got my first clear of the fight I summoned Diablos with Maxwell around 50% or so HP and when the fight ended I hadn't filled a single person's LB, even Cecil.

Palleon posted:

Hackers. They know people use emulators and if you look in Appinvasion and other sites you can find Brave Forntier players who use(d) emulators, ran in to account issues, and Gumi's response was basically "emulators aren't supported, tough poo poo" but I can't ever recall someone being banned for emulator use. Plus if their marketing team decides "this doesn't cause harm to the game in and of itself, and increases the chances these people spend money" they would fight against banning emulator users.

They'd be more likely to ban people for savescumming the Maxwell fight, which would also ensure that they lose a lot of money for no good reason because they'd effectively be banning people under the assumption their game doesn't crash on its own. It'd be especially ironic in this case because in Brave Frontier a lot of people used to crash constantly in trial fights (like Maxwell).

That fight was so good, even though it wasn't nearly as tough as I expected. Shout murdersquad now and forever. :black101:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I haven't seen metal gods in a week

Sorry I just took all of the Karma today.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

Sorry I just took all of the Karma today.

loving monster. Give me one of those Tiliths. :(

e: 1/2 pull gave me Cecil #3. God I need a Zidane so badly.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 22, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

When I beat Maxwell the other day, I burned a ticket on the banner in thanks and was rewarded with Tilith #2.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Palleon posted:

They've flat out said via customer support: "For as long as these programs don't modify any in-game related features, we don't consider it as abusive or illegal. Though, we don't recommend using them since we're not liable for any account related issues that you may encounter when using such programs." - Reddit thread. I assume that last bit is to cover crying about a macro using up all your lapis or buying 500 item slots or something.

I used an injector for Brave Frontier when I decided to quit, it worked the exact same way. It's a man-in-the middle program that intercepts packets going between Gumi servers and your client and got a bunch of maxed-out units with the crazy orbs. It was fun but I got banned after a week or two. Now, it may have been due to the fact that I was using unreleased units in the arena but they certainly banned a lot of people along with that account.

Victis fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 22, 2016

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
:getin:

:getin:

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Does this mean my next pull will be a lightning?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Not 5* based. 3 Bediles out of 5.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shark Tower posted:

Not 5* based. 3 Bediles out of 5.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

Does this mean my next pull will be a lightning?

And mine will be a Ramza?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

In before Fenrir pulls double Gilgamesh on the next banner.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Eddain posted:

I'll be shocked if I pull either Krile or Galuf in this event :v: Which random nincompoop will show up in most of my pulls this time?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Inkel posted:

In before Fenrir pulls double Gilgamesh on the next banner.

And a Cecil.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna grab that Butz. Probably just gonna end up with that rear end Bedile.

To be honest no one in this banner really appeals to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Well crap I knew using Goons to carry me through the story would eventually bite me in the rear end. Just met Veritas of the Heavens in a place where I can't use a companion. Back to the grind for a while I guess.

• Locked thread