Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I will sit here with my low-tier, but still cute waifu Mata Hari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Like with the Camelot prologue, Nasu posted details about Extella's backstory on his blog. This is the altered version of Extra that may or may not be covered by Last Encore.

EMIYA has such poo poo luck, it's amazing.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 13, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Emiya will forever spend his existence as a Heroic Spirit trying to protect and bring happiness to waifish teenage girls.

Just like he spent his own life as a person.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Wait, so is Francis Drake's in the game, but not playable? That's lame if true.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I don't think she appears at all. Wait for DLC.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

She has the halloween events in GO and 4 costumes in Extella
Brave Liz confirmed for Extella?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Two tickets

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I am happy that Serenity got a Bond CE.

I am sad that its text is her admitting that she's still super depressed, even after joining up with Chaldea. :smith:

I am even more sad that it's just a loving party Quick buff!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Well go get a crit team for it then.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So now that we're getting a free copy, how's Santa Alter as a servant?

(By we I mean late-comers to the game, of course)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
5 stars level np damage with prana burst. Probably better than 5 stars Alex overall.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Okay, that's really early for the Christmas event. I guess they're doing the rerun early if they're planning a huge one for December.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yeah, there should be a part 2 later, but jack is absolutely worth rolling for. :chef:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Wouldn't hurt to use the gold exp cards from this event to actually bring my own Jack to her final ascension. Well that and finally 5/5 Santa Saber as her NP is at 4/5 since last year.

V: My Jack's been sitting at 70/80 for a good long time now.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 16, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I usually need event shop + green gel shop silver & gold exp to get a servant to 80 or 90.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I had barely started saving up for the next good rate-up, but then Jack came along, and my measly 40 quartz weren't enough. Bad gacha

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Oh jack's in the gacha right now? I'd really like a 5* Assassin, but I'm not throwing stuff at this gacha until Babylon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Jack is always in the gacha, she's just on rate up for Christmas.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Yeah, there should be a part 2 later, but jack is absolutely worth rolling for. :chef:

I'm sad I didn't get Jack with the 3 10-rolls worth I had saved up (though obviously the chance of any 5-star servant is super low even with boost); when I use her as a support she seems to work really well with my Gilgamesh. I've had really poo poo luck in general with the gacha since coming back to the game. When I first came back I had a million crystals in my mail, and with those plus what I've gotten since I've probably done 9 or 10 10-rolls without getting a single 4 star servant. I think I used up all my F/GO luck when I got all those 5-star servants when I was first playing. I guess I shouldn't be greedy, since what I have is technically more than enough to tackle any content the game throws at me.

In other news, I just fully ascended Gilgamesh and Waver (apparently the latter is good now or something? I remember he used to be considered bad, but now all his skills gives NP)! Now I just need to get Artoria, Jeanne, and Vlad's final ascensions (and maybe at some point after that I'll consider focusing on Martha/Siegfried/Stheno/EMIYA/Atalanta/Elizabeth, though I've been holding off in case I end up lucking into a 5-star from some of those classes). Ascension actually seems relatively easy to gather the mats for, with skill upgrades being the bigger problem.

Getting all important mats/items from this event seems easier than past events. I wish it gave Saber statues, though, since I still need a bunch to get Arthoria's final ascension.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Waver is so good, people use him in female-boost event.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Waver got the most ridiculous buff in the game.

It wasn't until very recently that DW gave someone anything similar, and Emiya's Hawkeye skill requires you to fully ascend him, do both strengthening quests, and then spend a ton of resources to level up the skill before it really gets ridiculous.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So, is it me or is David actually good? A party-wide one-hit dodge + heal skill seems really good to me.

Also I still need a fuckton of Black Tallows to Ascend mah boy Angra. :argh:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

David is good for support, yes. He's the emergency enemy aoe np dodge.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

InfinityComplex posted:

Okay, that's really early for the Christmas event. I guess they're doing the rerun early if they're planning a huge one for December.

After this comes 2016 and then Babylon and then New Year's.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I've got four buckets of fried chicken waiting for Santa and I've already emptied three present box. I'm ready for my welfare.

I'll also probably be ready to face Camelot after the event, with the insane amount of ascension mats and xp cards I got (Angra still stuck at 35 :( )

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I have gotten so much loving FP and I still can't draw Angra.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You and me both

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm not spending my 500,000 FP's until they implement a feature that lets me roll with all of them at once.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I just recently started a new account, since my old one was getting a bit stale. Turns out farming is hard if you only have lovely lvl30 servants. Maybe someone here still has a few spots on his friend list open? Preferably with Santa Alter and the event CE, but at this point I take anything with a NP.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Added you, even though my team isn't that great.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'll throw my friend code up here since I have a lot of decent Servants including Santa Alter for the event. I'll boot some randos off of my list to make room for goons who don't have me yet.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Added you, even though my team isn't that great.

Thanks! This game is kinda more fun if you don't use some op 5-star all the time, I think, but this event with only a few days left forces my hand :(
Trying my hand at an account that consists only of free servants and friend point pulls.

Compendium posted:

I'll throw my friend code up here since I have a lot of decent Servants including Santa Alter for the event. I'll boot some randos off of my list to make room for goons who don't have me yet.

I'll add you in a few minutes (once I'm done with this mission)

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

'tis the season to be giving, so I cleared a few spots on my list for some goons to add me

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I started today. Any hot tips for a starting player? I am trying to figure stuff out for now but want to get into the swing of things. Got Seigfried as my first 4 star.

Also, here is my friend code if you guys want to help a newbie out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Added everyone. I named my character Layla, because ever since Jojo I name all my characters after songs or bands.

Edit: Holy poo poo, Hans Christian Andersen is also really good for a 2-star. Just a huge bar of buffs across the screen.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 20, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Girl Hakuno spinoff when

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Do you get the 5th event CE only through a random drop? Farming my heart out so I can limit break it, but nothing so far

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The fifth event CE are always a drop. That or you wait a year and hope for a rerun.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So it looks like that for Christmas, we're getting Jeanne Alter Santa Lily as a welfare servant :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

They ended the event a day earlier than usual and I missed half the shop. :downsgun: