Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Puckish Rogue posted:

I'm not sure when it changed but putting cryo mines on wallride areas over death drops (like that curved part on frost) give you an assisted suicide kill. I'm fairly sure that didn't happen when the game first came out. If I remember right I'd just get a hit marker and they'd show up in the kill feed as a dumb dummy.

This makes it the best part of the game.

Yeah its probably my favourite part of the game atm. I play as the stryker with the hardened perk so I can put the things all over.

'Cancer cryo mines' I believe they're called now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

SubponticatePoster posted:

What are the settings that help? Fired it up last night and the shitfuck connection had me going like 8-24 because I could not kill fuckall. I enjoy this when it works, I just want it to work more often.

I did a number of speed tests using that tool posted a couple pages ago and then averaged those out and took 90% of the values. Then I enabled QoS on my router (quality of service) and put the calculated numbers in. I've been way more consistent with this trash heap since and regularly go positive as a result. The number of bullshit deaths is minimal in comparison and I believe Orbital and Javes can attest that I'm bitching far less the last couple days. :-)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

I did a number of speed tests using that tool posted a couple pages ago and then averaged those out and took 90% of the values. Then I enabled QoS on my router (quality of service) and put the calculated numbers in. I've been way more consistent with this trash heap since and regularly go positive as a result. The number of bullshit deaths is minimal in comparison and I believe Orbital and Javes can attest that I'm bitching far less the last couple days. :-)
I did that test but under bufferbloat and speed it has a null response. :(

e: also my connection speed varies wildly based on which device I'm using. My personal laptop usually gets around 24-30mbps which isn't surprising considering it's older and running on a lovely standard wifi card. My PS4 is hardwired and can pull connections of anywhere from 6 to 80mbps and it's not predictable at all. My work computer is hardwired and it gets around 100mbps consistently so gently caress if I know which of these speeds I should use for traffic shaping. You'd think the ps4 would get about the same as the work computer since they're both hardwired and I just got the Pro so it should have high speed ethernet.

Guess I can try DMZ'ing or port forwarding

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 21, 2016

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
they started laying my 1GB fiber line today :fap:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Got my first epic gun, avalanche pistol.

It's actually not that bad when paired with a sniper, it's a good "oh poo poo" weapon. I saw some of you use the Ripper RPR-Evo variant, how is it?

I crafted the Ripper yesterday and I can definitely feel the RPM increase in smg mode, not sure if it affects AR mode. Curious what effect, if any, the higher RPM has on its TTK though. The reduced idle sway is definitely helpful in AR mode. They gave it increased recoil to compensate for its faster RPM, not enough to ruin the gun though. If you like the RPR I'd recommend crafting it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So far the boxes are giving me a sidearm collection.

My mission teams are 12000 XP a level now which seriously slows down the rate. So much for getting that 8000 salvage without 200 hours played.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 21, 2016

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
The avalanche (epic emc) has been really nice for me, the burst is fast and fires 7 rounds.. Slapped on the headshot thingie and things melt if they get near me.. It's a excellent secondary weapon when I'm using a sniper or something more long-ranged oriented.

Edit: Glad to hear the ripper has better fire rate in smg mode, that's what I mainly use anyway. I only need 4k salvage to craft it and I'm nearing it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I did that test but under bufferbloat and speed it has a null response. :(

e: also my connection speed varies wildly based on which device I'm using. My personal laptop usually gets around 24-30mbps which isn't surprising considering it's older and running on a lovely standard wifi card. My PS4 is hardwired and can pull connections of anywhere from 6 to 80mbps and it's not predictable at all. My work computer is hardwired and it gets around 100mbps consistently so gently caress if I know which of these speeds I should use for traffic shaping. You'd think the ps4 would get about the same as the work computer since they're both hardwired and I just got the Pro so it should have high speed ethernet.

Guess I can try DMZ'ing or port forwarding

What modem do you have? It sounds like it's messing up. Your speeds should not be jumping around like that.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mill Village posted:

What modem do you have? It sounds like it's messing up. Your speeds should not be jumping around like that.
TP Link cable modem. When all else is inscrutable, there's always the "loving Comcast" angle to consider.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
ABJ

Always Be Jumping (or Javing)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

TP Link cable modem. When all else is inscrutable, there's always the "loving Comcast" angle to consider.

They make great modems, so its probably Comcast.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

every time I say I'll just use my keys on the common crates and not save them for the rare ones, since theyre always bad.

then I save up 30 keys and scream.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

every time I say I'll just use my keys on the common crates and not save them for the rare ones, since theyre always bad.

then I save up 30 keys and scream.

It's not what kind of crate you buy, it's how much Activision and IW hate your guts.

Besides, there's better guaranteed rares in Mission Teams. Only 17 more levels until I get the FHR Windfall. :shepface:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I think we should set up a gimmick run of everyone using Ghost - Cold Blooded - Dead Silence, and Silenced NV4s/RAWs.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think we should try playing game modes besides TDM.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Play Hardpoint. Because Dom isn't as great as it was. Or something.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

I think we should set up a gimmick run of everyone using Ghost - Cold Blooded - Dead Silence, and Silenced NV4s/RAWs.

I don't know if using one of the game's best setups - a silenced NV4 or RAW with Ghost - really counts as a gimmick. A real gimmick in IW would be using a whole team using shotguns.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If it's the best, then I'm surprised nobody ever uses it.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

widespread posted:

Play Hardpoint. Because Dom isn't as great as it was. Or something.

I'm incredibly into it

Mill Village posted:

I'm incredibly into it

Godzilla07 posted:

I don't know if using one of the game's best setups - a silenced NV4 or RAW with Ghost - really counts as a gimmick. A real gimmick in IW would be using a whole team using shotguns.

I'm incredibly into it

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
im playing this weird game mode, you might of heard of it, 'campaign'

you don't die as much, it's pretty cool

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

What the gently caress kind of hidden mode is that. Does it have camos and supply drops. Can I use my MP/ZM variants in this new mode. Is that mode's netcode up to snuff. Does it bring much to the table. How many others are playing this "Cam-pay-ne" concurrently. Can we whale on this mode.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Karma-45 feels so good and there are like two or three excellent variants of it. Feels like... I'm not sure, a 'classic' CoD sub? Feels good.

I think the HVR is probably still better, than thing loving melts up close because of the 3sk at point blank, but man you can go on some runs with a Karma that has a monster mag.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

Karma-45 feels so good and there are like two or three excellent variants of it. Feels like... I'm not sure, a 'classic' CoD sub? Feels good.

I think the HVR is probably still better, than thing loving melts up close because of the 3sk at point blank, but man you can go on some runs with a Karma that has a monster mag.
Karma is a reskin of the Vector from MW2, iirc (just has 2 mags instead of 1). I have a purple variant and I like it quite a bit myself.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Mill Village posted:

like attrition

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Someone datamined the game and got some info. That new NV4 variant sounds absurdly powerful, it excels in every scenario. Also, is man-at-arms really all that necessary for an 8% movement speed increase? Infusion is a tough trait to give up. The payload cooldown timers were posted as well and phase shift has the fastest charge rate despite being arguably the best ability in the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5ed71s/datamined_infinite_warfare_data_dump/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Holy gently caress, THAT's the base movement speed for LMGs? Yeah no, gonna swap to Infusion asap. Also want that Karma variant.

And SEE, YOU SHOULD PLAY HARDPOINT BECAUSE OF THAT PAYLOAD RATE

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Javes posted:

Someone datamined the game and got some info. That new NV4 variant sounds absurdly powerful, it excels in every scenario. Also, is man-at-arms really all that necessary for an 8% movement speed increase? Infusion is a tough trait to give up. The payload cooldown timers were posted as well and phase shift has the fastest charge rate despite being arguably the best ability in the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5ed71s/datamined_infinite_warfare_data_dump/

Well, they managed to balance the Flatline make the Flatline a worse choice than stock in spite of its amazing ability, so maybe there's a hidden stat nerf that'll keep it in line (please god)

Also, you mentioned getting 2000 scrap for completing a Mission Team recently. I got Orion Initiative to 50, and that didn't happen. Is it like prestiging where you have to complete a secret, extra level?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The amount is the cumulative total, over the course of leveling it up.

Javes
May 6, 2012

JackGeneric posted:

Well, they managed to balance the Flatline make the Flatline a worse choice than stock in spite of its amazing ability, so maybe there's a hidden stat nerf that'll keep it in line (please god)

Also, you mentioned getting 2000 scrap for completing a Mission Team recently. I got Orion Initiative to 50, and that didn't happen. Is it like prestiging where you have to complete a secret, extra level?

I believe you get 2000 salvage through the process of leveling the mission team to 50. Adding up the 150-300 salvage you get periodically from them supposedly adds up to 2000.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

The amount is the cumulative total, over the course of leveling it up.

of course it is

this loving game

Javes
May 6, 2012

Speaking of salvage, where are you supposed to earn it once you level up all 4 mission teams? I've already finished 2 of them and it's not even December yet. Yes, I realize I've poopsocked this game but still. They need to refresh their stock with new guns or add a prestige system to the mission teams or something.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
im gonna get on and play some "campaign"

if you want to play shoot me an invite.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

sheeeit i'm sitting on 5800 scrap, close to 6000, enough to craft a purple and an orange, I was gonna make the mauler mammoth or maybe the cerberus ERAD but I might hold off and save that poo poo for the datamined variants

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Javes posted:

Speaking of salvage, where are you supposed to earn it once you level up all 4 mission teams? I've already finished 2 of them and it's not even December yet. Yes, I realize I've poopsocked this game but still. They need to refresh their stock with new guns or add a prestige system to the mission teams or something.

You don't. You get your unpredictable rare crates and the daily login. I'd like to see an average of what rares pay out to get an idea of the rate, from the screenshots of 11 rares I kept it averaged to 40 a crate.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 23, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Javes posted:

Or add more team through DLC. Like, can't get more teams without the pass, et cetera.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

widespread posted:

Or add more team through DLC. Like, can't get more teams without the pass, et cetera.

please shut up they may be listening

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes posted:

Speaking of salvage, where are you supposed to earn it once you level up all 4 mission teams?

From your job or your parents.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

please shut up they may be listening

My apologies.

Side note: SEASON PASS KICKS IN WITH TODAY'S DAILY.

Normally it's five keys, but if you got the Digi Deluxe, you got a bonus 30 keys today.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there an accepted better/worse on using keys for common or rare crates?

I got my 10 free rares and my COD point rares for a total of 15, and was profoundly unimpressed with the contents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

My apologies.

Side note: SEASON PASS KICKS IN WITH TODAY'S DAILY.

Normally it's five keys, but if you got the Digi Deluxe, you got a bonus 30 keys today.

I only got 5 and I bought the fancy deluxe one :argh:

• Locked thread