Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Corek posted:

clinkclinkclinkclink

Butterfly Effect might be my favorite episode. The best part of the episode has to be when the point out how absurd it is to expect audience to believe an entire college hallway is gonna burst out laughing at a armless and legless man falling out of a wheelchair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

duz posted:

Oh boy, what a bonus at the end of today's episode of The Nexus.

I hope they bring it back as a sometimes feature. It'd probably get real old if it was on every episode, but if they find a real gem once every 3-4 months, then lay it on me.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Butterfly Effect might be my favorite episode. The best part of the episode has to be when the point out how absurd it is to expect audience to believe an entire college hallway is gonna burst out laughing at a armless and legless man falling out of a wheelchair.

It helps that the film is so laughably puerile. I know they're probably playing it up for laughs a little, but that loving stick of old timey cartoon dynamite doesn't belong in a film released in the 2000s.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's also insane just how many horrifying things happen to Ashton as a kid. I can believe two, but the sheer amount of horrible poo poo is just absurd.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vermain posted:

I hope they bring it back as a sometimes feature. It'd probably get real old if it was on every episode, but if they find a real gem once every 3-4 months, then it on me.

Well, since Star Trek is responsible for the term slash fiction, it's only fitting they work some in.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I forget, does the Butterfly Effect episode mention the alternate ending where he strangles himself in the womb?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I forget, does the Butterfly Effect episode mention the alternate ending where he strangles himself in the womb?

Yes, as I recall they basically say it's the cherry on the top of the "loving EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME" cake.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Finally got around to supporting their Patreon, so much gold. Mop Bot is becoming a new fan favorite.

Does anyone know what the reference "he's ready to go to hell tonight!" is from? Jupin says it a lot and googling just directs me to evangelical websites.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I think it's just a turn of phrase he uses

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Finally got around to supporting their Patreon, so much gold. Mop Bot is becoming a new fan favorite.

Does anyone know what the reference "he's ready to go to hell tonight!" is from? Jupin says it a lot and googling just directs me to evangelical websites.

It's a reference to Hellbenders which stars (question mark?) Clancy Brown.

quote:

A group of elite, highly-trained exorcists, they live in a constant state of debauchery so they will be ready to go to Hell at any moment.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i need to sign up for the patron agian, the last 2 weeks i need star trek jokes in my life more then ever. then i am going to play the new pokemon.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 20, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cyron posted:

i need to sign up for the patron agian, the last 2 weeks i need star trek jokes in my life more then ever. then i am going to play the new pokemon.

You will also learn more about the relationship between Data and Picard.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

bobkatt013 posted:

You will also learn more about the relationship between Data and Picard.

daddy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I have a father!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I have a father!

Boy oh boy, incoming nerd admission: the thing that genuinely bothered me the most about that fic is how completely out of character Data was. He'd never say that, you loving author!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vermain posted:

Boy oh boy, incoming nerd admission: the thing that genuinely bothered me the most about that fic is how completely out of character Data was. He'd never say that, you loving author!

I mean, on one hand lol getting bothered by that, on the other hand his literal entire character arc is wanting to find a way to have emotions.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vermain posted:

You know what man. WATCH A FUCKEN STAR TREK EPISODE

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
MOM GET IN HERE

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I thought their ranting about that lovely racist episode would be the highlight, but nope they brought slash fiction in.

"just in case he snagged a new child"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I finally gave in and started doing the patreon and this first animation damnation is killing me.

e: OH MY GOD

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
They work so blue on those episodes, it cannot be said enough.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I support the slash fic portion of the Star Trek cast

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I think I have to report that Nexus episode to the Podcast High Command.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My wife and I watched Monsters Inc this morning (I'd never seen it) and it made me realize that Eric sounds a lot like Billy Crystal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

END ME SCOOB posted:

They work so blue on those episodes, it cannot be said enough.

Was it Steve that desperately tried to reign it in for a bit? That was fun too.

"I dunno, Davey, people pay for these episodes with real money," or whatever was the best response to the 'time to make the donuts' bit possible.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Happening is so bad I've had to explain to people in real life that it wasn't a joke.

And before someone here insists it was an intentional comedy, come on.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The Happening is so bad I've had to explain to people in real life that it wasn't a joke.

The biggest disappoint about The Happening is that we didn't even get any of the comedy deaths. Okay we got a quick shot of a dude letting a lawn mower run over his head but the audience needed more! Backflip into a shark tank, 5 people sharing a single bullet, something!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

What's the point of telling people that?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Strong hot dog opinions on this podcast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I have also had to explain that it wasn't a Birdemic situation to people.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The Deleter posted:

Strong hot dog opinions on this podcast.

Three fat New Yorkers? I could have told you that before this episode.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
This most recent episode had some of the best tangents in a long time. Jesus Christ the guys are on fire lately.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You know it's going to be a great episode when it's like half an hour in and they can't get past the first scene of the movie.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

I know someone who really believes that The Happening is meant to be a comedy and not just a bad movie. She...isn't very bright, sometimes.

I also can't stop laughing at the line, "you ever wanted to hear a Ken doll say the N word?!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I still find it hilarious he took the role because he wanted to be a science teacher. Also their Any Adams was amazing

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It took almost a decade but somebody finally managed to make fun of The Happening without also making a racist joke about how "Shyamalan" is not a common Anglo name. Congrats, everyone!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Of all their impressions, I think their Mark Wallberg is the one I love the most.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
This ep I laughed out loud more than most I can remember. When they got onto Whalberg cheering someone up by telling them to go to a sox game, I lost it.

Violator
May 15, 2003

HOLY poo poo! Surviving the Game is next week! Gary Busey delivers one of the most amazing monologues I've ever seen in that movie. That one scene has always made me wish Tarantino had a small part for him in one of his movies because with the right material he can hit it out of the park.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I remember only one very specific thing about Surviving the Game, which I've only seen once during its theatrical run: Ice-T's name in the movie is Mason, and at one point they show a jar, one that is meant to house his head as a Futurama style trophy, and it's labeled with his name. It's a Mason jar.

That's the sum total of my memory of that piece of poo poo. Should be a great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Violator posted:

HOLY poo poo! Surviving the Game is next week! Gary Busey delivers one of the most amazing monologues I've ever seen in that movie. That one scene has always made me wish Tarantino had a small part for him in one of his movies because with the right material he can hit it out of the park.

Is that the one where he talks about how his dad got him a dog, got to loved the dog then had to kill the dog with nothing but a knife?