Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

Also, whoever is probating Marching Powder is doing God's work. Next time maybe up that to a nice two week ban or something?
Maybe a mod challenge? Not a cruel one, just something where he has to go and do something fun and relaxing. MP always seems so uptight and angry about this stupid thread, it seems like he needs to be forced to go and chill out for a bit. Make him go for a nice walk by a river, or visit a petting zoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MP is just trying to improve you idiots.

ahmini
May 5, 2009
Make Marching Powder IK please

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Marching Powders day out should start here.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
continually probing MP because he says things the mods don't like is pretty lovely modding behaviour

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

starkebn posted:

continually probing MP because he says things the mods don't like is pretty lovely modding behaviour

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Marching Powder is cool and good.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

starkebn posted:

:same:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MeLKoR posted:

I think they backed down because the whole thing became a shitstorm of epic proportions and no one wants to get involved with any of that in their professional lives unless they are independently wealthy. Ultimately they could simply ignore Derek's futile demands and continue speaking to The Escapist or anyone else who would listen to them, no?
They chose, correctly IMO, to say "gently caress that noise" and get on with their lives.

Its not like it would have made any difference with the whales anyway, these guys are going down with the ship. loving hell, people are dangling from the propeller and lifeboats keep docking with the Titanic and bringing in more passengers.

Sources, Backed down? For fucks sake, it's all made up. Derek POSSIBLY had one low-level guy who leaked some bullshit two years ago, but CIG found out and fired him (and two others connected). Outside of that, it's all a bunch of made up drivel by a failed game dev who tries ever so desperately to remain relevant and in the spotlight. And for what? The dude is in his 50s; he should loving finish already and live his life free and clear of this mess or anything related to space sims altogether. Who the gently caress cares when CIG will deliver a game? People who look at it as a failure won't buy-in and will move on. Others will buy and will either learn a lesson or get lucky. None of that should matter to someone like Derek Smart Phd (non accredited), with the knowledge to create massive and complex MMOs. The only reason why I think you guys tolerated him for 6000 pages was to trawl him this far for your entertainment. Poor sap never understood . . .

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

starkebn posted:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not routine, but it was months ago. I remember closing the thread at one point but not why.

Because he was about to "doxx" me (giggle).

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Marching Powder is cool and good.

Dura lex, sed lex.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sources, Backed down? For fucks sake, it's all made up. Derek POSSIBLY had one low-level guy who leaked some bullshit two years ago, but CIG found out and fired him (and two others connected). Outside of that, it's all a bunch of made up drivel by a failed game dev who tries ever so desperately to remain relevant and in the spotlight. And for what? The dude is in his 50s; he should loving finish already and live his life free and clear of this mess or anything related to space sims altogether. Who the gently caress cares when CIG will deliver a game? People who look at it as a failure won't buy-in and will move on. Others will buy and will either learn a lesson or get lucky. None of that should matter to someone like Derek Smart Phd (non accredited), with the knowledge to create massive and complex MMOs. The only reason why I think you guys tolerated him for 6000 pages was to trawl him this far for your entertainment. Poor sap never understood . . .
you're right

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm talking about the people who spoke with The Escapist. I don't get why you seem so stressed lately, Star Marine is a success, Derek is no longer mod, the sale is going great. What is troubling you friend?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 23, 2016

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol never change moma.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll start listening to you when you've made a single correct guess/prediction about Star Citizen's development

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

come smoke some weed with me and play some games dude

dang

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

ManofManyAliases posted:

shieeeeeeeeet

Toast just got real

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not routine, but it was months ago. I remember closing the thread at one point but not why.

Was this the first time you had a blackout and discovered you'd moderated SA during the time you couldn't remember?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'll start listening to you when you've made a single correct guess/prediction about Star Citizen's development

I got Polaris right. I got gamescom right. I was right about impending 2.0, and 2.4, 2.5 grim hex... yada yada.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

starkebn posted:

he's a twat gently caress him

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

I got Polaris right. I got gamescom right. I was right about impending 2.0, and 2.4, 2.5 grim hex... yada yada.

Where's that gameplay video of you enjoying the heck out of 2.5 with all your buddies (with frame rate counter enabled)?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D1E posted:

Where's that gameplay video of you enjoying the heck out of 2.5 with all your buddies (with frame rate counter enabled)?

It's right... hang on.. right ...

here:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Toast this.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

no you didn't you idiot :laffo:

you've been right about absolutely nothing and it's fantastic that you can't acknowledge it.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

no you didn't you idiot :laffo:

you've been right about absolutely nothing and it's fantastic that you can't acknowledge it.

:allears:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's right... hang on.. right ...

here:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Why don't you actually play the game that you love so much you spent over $8.5K on it?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

I'm talking about the people who spoke with The Escapist. I don't get why you seem so stressed lately, Star Marine is a success, Derek is no longer mod, the sale is going great. What is troubling you friend?

He has to muck out the Lesnick this week. It's not a nice job, but it provides a good incentive to work hard.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Raskolnikov posted:

http://beetsfordogs.com/

Do it, give your high energy Australian Shepherd even more energy.

:hfive:

Do it Beet Wagon. Grill up some beets for Kayak!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DogonCrook posted:

Not to mention a lawyer allowing you to say "I'm trying to get them to sue me so I can dig through their records" would be disbarred. The case literally would have no chance with a high likelihood of contempt getting tossed at you for trying. In short derek is positively full of poo poo about some of this, and I kinda doubt he has a lawyer giving him advice. If he does that lawyer should absolutely be reported to the Florida bar so they can sort out if his lawyer is full of poo poo or he is.. just sayin.

"Legal" was his dog dude.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D1E posted:

Why don't you actually play the game that you love so much you spent over $8.5K on it?

I make MONEY off of these things. I sell them for premium. You think I'm still sitting on all of that?
lol ffs dude.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Wait, you meant you were right about the Polaris sale? You correctly predicted there would be a concept sale at CitizenCon?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

I make MONEY off of these things. I sell them for premium. You think I'm still sitting on all of that?
lol ffs dude.

Ah yes, everyone is making money off reselling ships.

Toast you are great.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Wait, you meant you were right about the Polaris sale? You correctly predicted there would be a concept sale at CitizenCon?

No. I said it was $700, and it came to be.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol ffs dude.

Hey, if you're admitting that it's a shite game and you only buy retarded space ship jpegs to sell to even more retarded autistic loser nerds at a profit then you have finally earned my respect.

Is that what you're saying?

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
In shocking news it turns out that basically anyone that is capable of forming a logical thought AND is enthusiastic about Star Citizen is just fleecing nerds on the grey market.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol ffs dude.

Sorry but the "use by" date for that one's well and gone, AP warned you about that

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D1E posted:

Hey, if you're admitting that it's a shite game and you only buy retarded space ship jpegs to sell to even more retarded autistic loser nerds at a profit then you have finally earned my respect.

Is that what you're saying?

What game???

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MP will not be 'continually probated' for being a jerk. I can't speak to why Beer gave him a probation yesterday, but I gave him this one. As I said before, MP is free to poo poo on me/the thread/my dog/whatever as much as he wants, but throwing out insults at the mod team over the fact that I chose not to give him a probation yesterday is dumb. My genuine hope is to never have to give him a probation again.

As always, feel free to PM me about this if you want to talk about it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
moma you're heading to a meltdown

just chill the gently caress out about spaceships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

We need a new Shitizen to start defending SC now. MoMA is officially one of us.

• Locked thread