Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

RossCo posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there an accepted better/worse on using keys for common or rare crates?

I got my 10 free rares and my COD point rares for a total of 15, and was profoundly unimpressed with the contents.

The stats for BO3 pointed to rares being significantly better. You can potentially get 200 or more salvage too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Does anyone have any top tips for micro turret placement? I need to get multiple kills with a single turret to unlock a stryker body, but the turrets kind of suck and anyone with a brain can shoot them looong before the turret kills them.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I think I'm done with this garbage heap. Tonight everything went back to being exactly like it was before the qos updates I made. No game is worth constant futzing around with a router just to get it to work. gently caress that. Fix the damned net code, iw.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

this game kind of sucks

Ftyf

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I need an adult, I'm being cyber bullied.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Javes posted:

I wish I got hate mail like you do. I can usually only manage it in BF1, never received any for CoD.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

He's going to hack your jump away.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Javes posted:

PS4 hacking is real?!? :eyepop:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Does anyone have any top tips for micro turret placement? I need to get multiple kills with a single turret to unlock a stryker body, but the turrets kind of suck and anyone with a brain can shoot them looong before the turret kills them.

I'm up to 5 :v: You just have to hope you can babysit it/have team mates distract the enemy.

Made 0 progress with ballista double kills, triple gravity vortex and triple bull charge.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Nov 23, 2016

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Carecat posted:

I'm up to 5 :v: You just have to hope you can babysit it/have team mates distract the enemy.

Made 0 progress with ballista double kills, triple gravity vortex and triple bull charge.

I've managed 2 2x ballista kills and both of them were on the middle hallway of Frontier. Pubbies love lining up in that poo poo to try and snipe.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Carecat posted:

I'm up to 21 turret double kills. I play mostly domination but even then idk how I got that many. I've not got any more in a long time though.

Same with the 0 ballista double kills, and bull charges. I got one triple gravity vortex though.

So many of these challenges seem to rest on the other team being entirely retarded.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That's because :iw: never got past, their "Let's make streaks as lovely as possible so newbies and MLG stop incessantly bitching at us." mentality they had with Ghosts.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i dunno, all the high level score streaks seem pretty good :confused:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The streaks in this are way better than in Ghosts.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The only things that are improved are the UAV, CUAV, and RC-8 (compared to Juggernaut). Everything else is a step back from its equivalent, and given the map design, airborne streaks are even worse.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 23, 2016

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Warden, Thor, AUAV (after its confirmed buff), RC-8, and AP-3X are all strong. The mid tier streaks are weak due to spawn protection fuckery.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Warden is terrible at getting kills and VSat > AUAV

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Bring back the Juggernaut killstreak.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 23, 2016

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i got enough salvage to craft any epic i want but I still cant decide. god help me.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

None. Wait for new ones, see what shakes out.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Carecat posted:

Bring back the Juggernaut killstreak.

:hellyeah:

Make Maniac great again. The rig payload version is a pale imitation.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

Warden is terrible at getting kills and VSat > AUAV

Warden's good for being a fat gently caress and letting me get my dumb fire launcher scorestreak destruction camo.

Kizurue posted:

I've managed 2 2x ballista kills and both of them were on the middle hallway of Frontier. Pubbies love lining up in that poo poo to try and snipe.

Yeah, Frontier is a good idea for sniping, especially in Frontline due to consistent spawns. Just aim down hallway and fire at red (or yellow-tinted red) targets.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bring back Carl and Karl.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hot Carl.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I thought you can make the RC-8 run on autopilot.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I like the dragon calling cards. I like getting them. The one I don't like is killing ground scorestreaks with aerial scorestreaks because what the gently caress.

I have 2/10 due to lucky scarab hits

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 23, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Puckish Rogue posted:

I like the dragon calling cards. I like getting them. The one I don't like is killing ground scorestreaks with aerial scorestreaks because what the gently caress.

I have 2/10 due to lucky scarab hits

Ghosts made you destroy airborne streaks with a Loki. You basically had to earn it, then purposefully die a bunch in hopes that somebody calls in a Chopper, then call in your Loki and somehow destroy it.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Legacy Edition went on sale on European PSN for €65 (normal price €90 what the gently caress) and I am getting tempted to get MWR for just five europeans above a normal game's price. Maybe IW's campaign is worth that five euros.

But looking at this thread everyone seems to be playing the space poo poo instead of the good poo poo. Is MWR actually bad?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MWR is exactly as it was a decade ago. The problem is you don't really remember how loving terrible it was a decade ago.

Space shootmans on the other hand is super fun unless your name is Macys

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Mill Village posted:

Ghosts made you destroy airborne streaks with a Loki. You basically had to earn it, then purposefully die a bunch in hopes that somebody calls in a Chopper, then call in your Loki and somehow destroy it.

I never bothered with that challenge on ghosts, which sounded like a smart decision. The aerial on aerial this time round was easy as the THOR is above most things and as the warden is roughly 9 feet off the ground you could hit it with any offensive aerial scorestreak. Well I never tried the apex but who knows.

I guess once I finish the apex challenge I'll just keep bombardments, scorchers and trinity rockets on hand and only use them when someone calls in a scarab, angry robot thing or a sentry gun they will put under cover.

loving stupid challenge.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MWR is exactly as it was a decade ago. The problem is you don't really remember how loving terrible it was a decade ago.

Space shootmans on the other hand is super fun unless your name is Macys

Yeah, shooting first, hitting first, and dying first is sooo fun bro.

Game of the year, even.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Game of the year, even.

I unironically agree. I'm sorry Canadian internet isn't as good as :911:

(I wish we had dedicated servers still)

Oh and actual game of the year is Doom

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah, shooting first, hitting first, and dying first is sooo fun bro.

Game of the year, even.

You do way better at this game than me despite that. You should try tweaking the QOS settings on your router. It helped me a bit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I've already had traffic shaping for my ps4 since I bought it. I have a very low tolerance for bullshit.

Unless it's comedic.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Shoulda boycotted

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I did.

It was purchased for me.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Tried out my Hailstorm Ordnance and found out it loses the burst fire but can now kill in two shots. The recoil and fire rate both suck.

Double XP again this weekend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

I did.

It was purchased for me.

I don't know who bought it for you, but it's loving hilarious that someone felt you feeling miserable for a year was worth the hundred bucks.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Macy's wouldn't be playing it if he didn't enjoy it.

Someone completed all the Special Ops. The master calling card is pretty cool. Oh and the "I have no idea what I'm doing" challenge from Ghosts is one of them. The calling card for that is amazing. :allears:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StonewallTabor/status/801806853302812672

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Oh and the "I have no idea what I'm doing" challenge from Ghosts is one of them.

That's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Macy's wouldn't be playing it if he didn't enjoy it.

Someone completed all the Special Ops. The master calling card is pretty cool. Oh and the "I have no idea what I'm doing" challenge from Ghosts is one of them. The calling card for that is amazing. :allears:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StonewallTabor/status/801806853302812672

I'm playing it because
1.) I'm not the type of person to let a gift go to waste if I can help it
2.) It's the new CoD, and that's where all the goons are. (Gun Game is good though)
3.) No other franchise can program how the right stick works properly.

• Locked thread