Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You guys making me case myself with your bad memories.

But TQ tracked me to AA N2, so I did visit AA and jailed/roleblocked him. That is undisputed no matter what you believe about my role.

Tobbs however could be lying about being roleblocked there's no confirmation there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

Tobbs also didn't post much at all during D3, which is very unusual for him.

I did notice this. But he'd be last on my list.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
j/k I was casing myself on my own bad memory. As KB just pointed out in the doc which I had forgotten the order of events, I did claim to block ANarc before we knew that she didn't have a night action, so that would have been very risky on my part if I didn't actually block her.

He's going to post this but maybe I can beat him to it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

No, you're getting it wrong.

There can be no other roleblocker if Tobbs is lying scum with me.

I targeted ANarc N1, but because she didn't have a night action she couldn't claim it. If I'm a scum roleblocker I could have targeted AA N1.

Tobbs said he was roleblocked but if he's lying then I would have just roleblocked AA again N2.

Nope. As I just reminded you in mason doc, you claimed your block of Anarc in mason doc before she said anything. You were suspicious of why she wasn't speaking up about it.

So you would have had to know she was a non moving role and a safe fake claim, while actually blocking AA. And you would for some reason have thought it was a good idea to do?

Like no. This can't be a thing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I win

get rekt

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I was with my fiancee all day so I didn't have as much time to post.

But yeah, N1 I guarded JHats and succeeded, N2 Infinitum and failed.

I feel really strongly that TM is scum, based on his play and almost certainly fake claim.

This is setup spec, but it's generally a no-no to put a doctor and elite-bodyguard in the same game. If Kash did it, though, then maybe he did give scum two roleblockers to compensate.

If Asiina is town (and Infinitum is as well) then AA is probably a juggernaut or something (unless he has confirmed independent results, I forget).

I'm inclined to believe the save game backup claim.

Also yeah, KB's unconfirmed masonry thing has to be real, and if it was a scum ability it would be the coolest way to gather intel ever. As KB said, town is overpowered by flips alone, even if you ignore the claims.

We all are fullclaimed except for 1 person?

I do think TM is the best cuddle, everyone has neat stuff to do and backup doc game genie just doesn't sit well, plus his play isn't town.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah TM is scum and I will vote him tomorrow.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was with my fiancee all day so I didn't have as much time to post.

But yeah, N1 I guarded JHats and succeeded, N2 Infinitum and failed.

I feel really strongly that TM is scum, based on his play and almost certainly fake claim.

This is setup spec, but it's generally a no-no to put a doctor and elite-bodyguard in the same game. If Kash did it, though, then maybe he did give scum two roleblockers to compensate.

If Asiina is town (and Infinitum is as well) then AA is probably a juggernaut or something (unless he has confirmed independent results, I forget).

I'm inclined to believe the save game backup claim.

Also yeah, KB's unconfirmed masonry thing has to be real, and if it was a scum ability it would be the coolest way to gather intel ever. As KB said, town is overpowered by flips alone, even if you ignore the claims.

We all are fullclaimed except for 1 person?

I do think TM is the best cuddle, everyone has neat stuff to do and backup doc game genie just doesn't sit well, plus his play isn't town.

How can I be a Juggernaut if I was blocked

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think tobbs is a liar.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Juggernaut is unstoppable. If I was a jug, someone would be dead for sure. Instead, infs target was probably nk target and the doctor went thru. If you were blocked tobbs, its because your kill probably failed on infs target or I was the target and asiinas jailing protected me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Juggernaut is unstoppable. If I was a jug, someone would be dead for sure. Instead, infs target was probably nk target and the doctor went thru. If you were blocked tobbs, its because your kill probably failed on infs target or I was the target and asiinas jailing protected me.

At the mod's discretion, juggernaut's can be stopped if they themselves are jailed (although their kill will bypass all forms of protection that might stop them from killing their target).

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

At the mod's discretion, juggernaut's can be stopped if they themselves are jailed (although their kill will bypass all forms of protection that might stop them from killing their target).

So your whole case for me as juggernaut rests upon mod judgment... Unlikely.

Instead, I was guarantees blocked/jailed by asiina and without another blocker confirming as such you look like a liar. Either there is no second blocker and you attempted the kill on infs target or myself, or there is a blocker this blocker blocked you, and out of all who have claimed that leaves three possibilities jedit, tm and glowku

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So your whole case for me as juggernaut rests upon mod judgment... Unlikely.

Instead, I was guarantees blocked/jailed by asiina and without another blocker confirming as such you look like a liar. Either there is no second blocker and you attempted the kill on infs target or myself, or there is a blocker this blocker blocked you, and out of all who have claimed that leaves three possibilities jedit, tm and glowku

There has to be a second blocker from your perspective, because I blocked ANarc on N1 but you said you were blocked. And I claimed I blocked ANarc before we knew she had a non-moving role and wouldn't know she was blocked, so if I didn't actually block her but blocked you instead, then that would have been really risky if she had claimed an action.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

There has to be a second blocker from your perspective, because I blocked ANarc on N1 but you said you were blocked. And I claimed I blocked ANarc before we knew she had a non-moving role and wouldn't know she was blocked, so if I didn't actually block her but blocked you instead, then that would have been really risky if she had claimed an action.

That's true... Hmmm. Well my suspicions still lie heavily on Jedit and TM, with an uncertain third for Glowku

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Mod kill whoever is takin so long to submit imo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Flying Leatherman posted:

I really recommend people go back and read the two games that I referenced earlier, Cat Lady Mafia and Gotta Go Fast, to see what I'm talking about w/r/t meta stuff and TM. There's a really clear difference in playstyle. I really think that's the main distinguishing thing for me as opposed to say cpig, who is reading to me this game the same way as he does every game.

In the Cat Lady game, I was scum, and you're saying I'm playing differently. And I died in N2, in Gotta Go Fast as town. How does that contribute to your case? Yeah, I'm not posting a lot and I'm sorry but that doesn't mean I'm scum. I know lurkers are a easy target, and I'm weirded out by this sudden flux of opinions.

Honestly, the only person right now that pings me is Asiina. As a backup doc, I have to believe Infi.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

In the Cat Lady game, I was scum, and you're saying I'm playing differently. And I died in N2, in Gotta Go Fast as town. How does that contribute to your case? Yeah, I'm not posting a lot and I'm sorry but that doesn't mean I'm scum. I know lurkers are a easy target, and I'm weirded out by this sudden flux of opinions.

Honestly, the only person right now that pings me is Asiina. As a backup doc, I have to believe Infi.

Hah wow I screwed up there, that's actually really embarrassing and I feel bad.

The funny thing, though, is I called the disconnection and lack of scumhunting in that game, actually - which is what I've been seeing this whole time - and ended up being right. So while I misremembered the game (and your gameplay!), actually, the meta case stands up pretty well.

Invested scumhunting TM = town.
Disconnected null-reading TM = scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hah wow I screwed up there, that's actually really embarrassing and I feel bad.

The funny thing, though, is I called the disconnection and lack of scumhunting in that game, actually - which is what I've been seeing this whole time - and ended up being right. So while I misremembered the game (and your gameplay!), actually, the meta case stands up pretty well.

Invested scumhunting TM = town.
Disconnected null-reading TM = scum.

I've played in only 10 games and I'm pretty sure I die D1/N1 in half of them. I don't think it's fair to say I have a meta playstyle so quickly. At the end of the day, the whole reason people think I'm scummy is because of meta, which can easily be manipulated. people can just pick out two random games of mine and say "hey he acts like this in this one and he was scum" so he has to be scum in this game. like... that's poo poo evidence.

Hell, every time I try to say something, people just ignore it and continue arguing with each other and I'm like okay thanks. and then people would bring up my posts 5 hours later and say it's shifty but the only reason it's shifty is because I dont want to just talk to blank air. its dumb.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My belief you're scum has nothing to do with meta. It's that when you do participate it's only regurgitating other people's opinions and not giving any strong reads. We're on N3 in a fairly active game with a lot of night action discussion too. There is a lot to talk about and yet you apparently find none of it compelling? I don't believe it.

The only person who even "pings" you is me, and it's a role related reason because you believe Inf? There have been a whole bunch of protective roles claimed, so why do I stand out to you? Are any of the others lying too?

It's too late in the game to have no opinions.

BTW this case goes for CPig too, where like yeah it's hard to get into the game sometimes but that's no excuse for being 100% absent and refusing to play.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

BTW this case goes for CPig too, where like yeah it's hard to get into the game sometimes but that's no excuse for being 100% absent and refusing to play.

She says after I tried to make a case that turned out to be wrong just this very day!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

My belief you're scum has nothing to do with meta. It's that when you do participate it's only regurgitating other people's opinions and not giving any strong reads. We're on N3 in a fairly active game with a lot of night action discussion too. There is a lot to talk about and yet you apparently find none of it compelling? I don't believe it.

The only person who even "pings" you is me, and it's a role related reason because you believe Inf? There have been a whole bunch of protective roles claimed, so why do I stand out to you? Are any of the others lying too?

It's too late in the game to have no opinions.

Yeah, this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sure do wish town would stop doing STUPID loving poo poo like claiming SK, and self-executing cause it's kinda killing my will to play.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

Sure do wish town would stop doing STUPID loving poo poo like claiming SK, and self-executing cause it's kinda loving stupid.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
:ghost: I caught my first shiny since heartgold when I got a shiny loving goddamn rattata :ghost:

:ghost: this time it's a loving tentacool fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck pisssssssssssssssss :ghost:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have a shiny Alolan meowth

Suck it

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
:ghost: this garbage tentacool has increased attack and decreased speed :ghost:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have no shinies because pokemon doesn't love me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have caught almost all of the pokemon on the first island though. I'm just missing some mystery group and that one ghost girl I can only get at night.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
RIP Asiina
Nintendo Lock
Jailer
town
Locking device with key to prevent play.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
tomorrow is thanksgiving and I won't be around and then black friday stuff I will be busy so uh...long day?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (10): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, Jedit, King Burgundy, Mayor Glowku, Tired Moritz, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Guarded infinitum again, succeeded.

##vote Tired Moritz for aforementioned reasons.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
idk what I can do to convince you guys im not scum. I've been honest and true 100% and I dont want you guys to throw

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

idk what I can do to convince you guys im not scum. I've been honest and true 100% and I dont want you guys to throw

If Asiina was the only person pinging you, and now she's flipped town, who do you now think is scum?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

If Asiina was the only person pinging you, and now she's flipped town, who do you now think is scum?

Definitely Truth Quark.

Truth haven't even done much and seemed to either do mechanics talk or just plain buddying with Asiina. to be honest, I don't understand why Asiina is killed. I feel like it's done to put suspicion onto me, the person she wanted to lynched the most.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I, too, cannot understand why the scum would kill one of Town's three protective roles when the other two have said they were protecting each other.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think a doc would be a bigger priority target

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

I think a doc would be a bigger priority target

Are you throwing shade on the role that is required ro exist for your fakeclaim to be plausible?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't know what throwing shade means but I definitely know a doc exists because Infi's claimed as one and because I'm backup doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I watched KB, no one came by.

• Locked thread