Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

MeLKoR posted:

But that is conjecture, I'm talking about things they state as facts, like FAU deleted photos of Sandi and her kids near her house, or that TheAgent claims he works at CIG. They make this poo poo up all the time about lots of stuff that they claim was said or done here as fact. That cracks me up because it's all so intellectually dishonest. I feel nothing but contempt for these people. gently caress the whales and gently caress anyone that join in and throws money in this furnace at this point. Everybody has had enough time to catch up, I'm all for encouraging people to spend more. :getin:

Enough pussyfooting about poor deluded people, anyone still in deserves what is coming. Maybe they will learn something from it, but probably not. :shrug:

It's the worlds first faith based computer game, they're just lying for Space-Jesus. All religious cults do it and have always done it.

Squid tax

Morningwoodpecker fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MeLKoR posted:

Have your sources told you when 2.6 is going to the ewokatis? I mean... by how much did Chris "overestimate" this? From "a couple of days" to just "a couple of weeks" is like 700% error...

They're pegging this week. Agent wasn't quite right that StarMarine is ready to go, but I'm not allowed to speak more than that.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

ManofManyAliases posted:

They're pegging this week. Agent wasn't quite right that StarMarine is ready to go, but I'm not allowed to speak more than that.

Why are you so mad about video games buddy chill out smoke a bowl maybe play some rocket league

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

They're pegging this week.

LOL

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

guys what if Lazrin was actually Derek :ohdear:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
They are jpegging this week

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

I'm glad I'm not the only one

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

CRIPES DUDE! We don't want to know that sort of thing.

MODS?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well yea its their big ship sale week.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

What are you allowed to speak about. Do they tell you to post things here? Its cool with me if they do.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

And I have slogged through Keven J Anderson and Harry Turtledove...

Yeesh. *shudder*

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

Just saving this for later.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

orcinus posted:

Yeesh. *shudder*

Chris Roberts isn't even so bad or outrageous that it's good, it's just terribly mediocre and inept. It's the literary equivalent of getting sent to Gitmo and blasted with the Sesame Street music for weeks.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

reminder: this is what citizens think the cover mechanic is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc&t=232s
lol

I'm the underwater shotgun blowing bubbles when fired.

orcinus fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 23, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Chris Roberts isn't even so bad or outrageous that it's good, it's just terribly mediocre and inept. It's the literary equivalent of getting sent to Gitmo and blasted with the Sesame Street music for weeks.

In other words, exactly like Turtledove and Anderson, actually, when you think about it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

orcinus posted:

I'm the underwater shutgun blowing bubbles when fired.

So the first shot comes out of the barrel and the second shot comes out of the hand grips?
How do you even screw that up? It's not a latency issue. Just. How?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

MeLKoR posted:

Everybody is focused on the PU but what is really going to blow this poo poo up is when everybody sees anything from Squadron 42. Think about it, it's all so bad that even Chris is ashamed to show any of it in it's current state. I can't stop thinking just how terrible these Hollywood stars must look like in game. Sooner or later he'll have to show what he spent all that money on and it's going to be the laughing stock of the internet.
agreed. that it's been pared down from squadron 42: a full video game to squadron 42: episode 1 to squadron 42: prelude is a huge sign that it's hosed beyond belief.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

So the first shot comes out of the barrel and the second shot comes out of the hand grips?
How do you even screw that up? It's not a latency issue. Just. How?

Actually, it might be latency / animation sync.
The grip emitted plop comes out from the place where the barrel *would have been* had the horribly fakey recoil didn't lift it up a few frames earlier.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ever wonder why he looks so sad?

It's because his Xi'Anese manufactured shirt is missing a button hole.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

orcinus posted:

In other words, exactly like Turtledove and Anderson, actually, when you think about it.

Can you conceive how bad an entire 11 book series with thousands and thousands of pages written by Chris Roberts would be? Reading that is past Gitmo, more like Hellraiser.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lladre posted:

That's not how buttons work :psyduck:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lladre posted:

I hadn't even noticed that. In this high-fidelity everything-sim, they've forgotten how a shirt works.

Guys, buttons on the right side go through holes on the left side (or the other way around for classic woman's outfit) — you don't glue the thing together, and if you do, there's no need to have buttons sewed in to begin with.

:cawg:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Lladre posted:

MoMA your game is utter crap. So much for Chris Roberts' legendary attention to detail. I thought he was directing the placement and color of every single pixel by every single artist on every single piece of content?

He's a loving hack.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Might not be holes/buttons but those things you press down to attach that I can't remember the english word for. You know... those things!

It would still be missing the part where the "rivet" connects on the right side of the shirt.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

Might not be holes/buttons but those things you press down to attach that I can't remember the english word for. You know... those things!

It would still be missing the part where the "rivet" connects on the right side of the shirt.

snap fasteners/poppers

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

ahmini posted:

Upgrade to MoMa 2.6 seems to have broken the good posting feature

:lol:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

That's not how buttons work :psyduck:

loving :laffo:

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

TheAgent posted:

reminder: this is what citizens think the cover mechanic is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc&t=232s
lol

I actually prefer taking cover being something you do rather than a magic button.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xaerael posted:

CRIPES DUDE! We don't want to know that sort of thing.

MODS?

pls dont kinkshame

I wish CIG would finally admit this whole thing's a loving joke and start doing campy holiday events in their "game" by filling the space station with a bunch of space turkeys or whatever. I mean obviously that would require them to have a patcher that works, but they said that was right around the corner like six months ago so it's gotta be getting close, right?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Maw posted:

snap fasteners/poppers

Whatever this is

Anyway, if we're charitable and assume Chris has poor taste then they aren't missing a hole but just the other half of that thing. Easier to fix.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Lladre posted:

Welp, time to reshoot the mocaps and CIG burns another 18 million.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's now how snaps work either but clearly it is a pre alpha shirt.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

pls dont kinkshame

I wish CIG would finally admit this whole thing's a loving joke and start doing campy holiday events in their "game" by filling the space station with a bunch of space turkeys or whatever. I mean obviously that would require them to have a patcher that works, but they said that was right around the corner like six months ago so it's gotta be getting close, right?

They should go full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpl2ZwT4rq0

but with incredibly detailed and fidelitous graphics.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Whatever this is

Anyway, if we're charitable and assume Chris has poor taste then they aren't missing a hole but just the other half of that thing. Easier to fix.

If i had to guess, the real reason it's like that is because some poor intern modelled it buttoned up all the way to the top.
Then, 5 minutes before streaming it, in comes Crobblers and says "He ummmm errrrr would ummmm should have urrrr more casual ummm and ahhhh unbutton it a little."

So the guy just deforms the top part with the collar and goes on with whatever the next idiotic thing he was supposed to model was.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

ManofManyAliases posted:

He didn't ask what they were doing to the backers.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

They should go full

I mean they already have Goat Simulator style physics, so the rest can't be much harder than flipping a content switch.

Speaking of:

Damage states being worked on for the 85X, the dumpy little ship that comes with the $890 ship that was only ever supposed to go on sale once. No word on when or if they're going to work on the big one.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

They should go full

But then they would end up with an actual working game, which would defeat the purpose.

I wonder how much it grates on them that everything they've said they'll do, loving Goat Simulator of all things has done it sooner, faster, and better.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's a space shirt everyone , obviously technology has advanced enough where you don't need holes or snaps

Forget the fact the rest of their world is still stuck in the 90s with space ships slapped on top

Space mines , cockpit canopies that have worse visibility than planes we have now , information pipes, server racks, and let's not forget space pings from the space sonar

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lladre posted:

There's hidden magnets, and the black round button are magnetic. It's the future.
It's the little details like this which makes me have so much faith in Chris to deliver the BDSSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean they already have Goat Simulator style physics, so the rest can't be much harder than flipping a content switch.

Speaking of:

Damage states being worked on for the 85X, the dumpy little ship that comes with the $890 ship that was only ever supposed to go on sale once. No word on when or if they're going to work on the big one.

Someone with more time and tism than me should map out the floor plan of cig la

Who's office is that always on the background , that appears to be perpetually empty ? I'm going to assume it's Chris or Sandis office

• Locked thread