Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Soothing Vapors posted:

You do know Daniel Bryan doesn't actually have any power, right?

Hence the quote around "allow". In kayfabe, it was his choice to put Shane in Survivor Series, and Shane overshadowed a good deal of the other 9 men in the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Vaguido posted:

and kick out of the spear that regularly puts everyone else away, no problems?

Google the "fencing response"

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Are you seriously upset we missed out on Baron Corbin in the SS match?

Some jokes ain't even funny, dude.

Kane, Luke Harper, Dolph Ziggler, Apollo Crews, Curt loving Hawkins, make literally any other wrestler pull double duty, I don't know.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shane is over with crowds and does cool high spots, what the gently caress is the problem here? He's part of the talent, just like everybody else, he's not actually a freaking executive.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No thank you, those Shane spots were great and he died doing them.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking Ellsworth gets wrecked by AJ before TLC in order to put heel heat on AJ.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vaguido posted:

Kane, Luke Harper, Dolph Ziggler, Apollo Crews, Curt loving Hawkins, make literally any other wrestler pull double duty, I don't know.

Do you like injuries, because this is how they tend to happen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm thinking Ellsworth gets wrecked by AJ before TLC in order to put heel heat on AJ.

And then whoever wins at TLC eats a Tombstone, I have to believe.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Ellsworth is good because he's being used how he should be, which is:

- Put heat on the heels
- Have him get one over the heels before getting his rear end beat
- Give a pop to the face when they come out to save him

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbwaXYxvOvk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vaguido posted:

No. Your other option was Baron Corbin. You take who you get instead with a smile on your face.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

No. Your other option was Baron Corbin. You take who you get instead with a smile on your face.

FINE GIVE ME CORBIN I DON'T GIVE A gently caress

His leg was fine anyway.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
You have bad and dumb opinions, but I value your friendship and your presence anyway

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
All wrestlers should take after Ellsworth.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I agree with the sentiment that Shane's spot on the card could have been for someone who was good, and that I liked. Or someone that I didn't, but theoretically could have used his spot to advance their exposure and perceived importance.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Vaguido should stop tho...

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ellsworth is fun because he's taking what is traditionally a very dead and meaningless time of the year and giving us all a fun diversion that keeps crowds invested in the champ without burning through challengers before Mania season.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

You have bad and dumb opinions, but I value your friendship and your presence anyway

I agree with this to all those whose opinions I consider bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What's everyone's guess for the tag match on next week's SD, anyway? Wyatts go over due to the numbers advantage? Randy turns on Bray mid-match to let Alpha win? Or clean finish?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vaguido posted:

FINE GIVE ME CORBIN I DON'T GIVE A gently caress

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CORBIN!

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Wyatts should probably go over due to shenanigans so that we don't have a face vs. face match at TLC.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gaz-L posted:

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE CORBIN!

Did you order the end of days?
DID YOU ORDER THE END OF DAYS?!?!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Jeri-KO aside, Daniel Bryan knowing that he's never going to be fired and using all his unscripted mic time to passive-aggressively poo poo on the booking is still my favorite thing in WWE.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Google the "fencing response"

It was really bad booking for Gary Bettman to let Paul Kariya kick out of that Scott Stevens hit
And then he even came back later in the game and scored that OT winner! It completely destroys the most protected hit in the NHL and erodes the believability of the stretcher spot

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The scheduling for 205 Live is super loving dumb considering the cruisers didn't move to SD Live. So it'll be Smackdown Live, then a supplemental hour-long Raw show, then Talking Smack reacts to... the show that ended an hour ago? :geno:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Smackdown is basically a sitcom with Frustrated Dad Shane dealing with his insane and wacky kids along with Uncle Bryan.

Sounds like they need a new daddy, maybe one who's… big and cool

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

bradzilla posted:

The scheduling for 205 Live is super loving dumb considering the cruisers didn't move to SD Live. So it'll be Smackdown Live, then a supplemental hour-long Raw show, then Talking Smack reacts to... the show that ended an hour ago? :geno:
We already went over how SDLive was ruined by this like two weeks ago, keep up

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I know, not looking forward to watching 2 hours of middling smackdown to get to the good wrestlers hour.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
TLC is going to be great for two reasons, the first is that smackdown live has some great wrestlers and it will be a great show

the second is it will be the conclusion of some storylines miz/dolph nikki/carmella and we will get new poo poo

I'm also not sure where they're going with the Dean thing, Shane seemed pissed af but the Daniel didn't really seem to care at all about the situation

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't know where they go from there. Dean snaps and turns heel on him makes the most sense but then you're short a main event face (though I suppose Cena or 'Taker could come back to fill that void) and you have an awful lot of main event heels.

This would be a really, really good time to bring Sami Zayn and/or Cesaro over to Smackdown. Too bad they'll never do that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Venomous posted:

This would be a really, really good time to bring Sami Zayn and/or Cesaro over to Smackdown. Too bad they'll never do that.

I think the Nakamura/Joe cage match is being filmed at a show in Australia in early December so it's possible that one of them could come up. I know Joe really works as a monster heel but I feel like he could get over as a face by virtue of being "Daniel Bryan's friend."

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm really over the Dolph/Miz feud.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Same here, at least they were nice enough to say TLC is gonna be the last one no matter what.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Calling it now, they're going to do a gently caress finish with a Sami Zayn run-in or something like that

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sami is gonna steal the belt and take it to raw.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I think the Nakamura/Joe cage match is being filmed at a show in Australia in early December so it's possible that one of them could come up. I know Joe really works as a monster heel but I feel like he could get over as a face by virtue of being "Daniel Bryan's friend."

Or just do what's always gotten Joe over, the Goldberg push. He's a big mean Samoan who doesn't take anyone's poo poo and wins all the time. Put some effort in and you've got a guy who can credibly sell a PPV match with Lesnar or Cena.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Suplex Liberace posted:

Sami is gonna steal the belt and take it to raw.

Sami turns heel by revealing that this entire time he wasn't a cab driver but an uber driver

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

The Revival done gone and worked themselves into a shoot, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

The Revival done gone and worked themselves into a shoot, brother

Road Dogg confirmed that he was just ribbing him, but Dawson thought he was being serious, lol.

• Locked thread