Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Kashuno wrote on Nov 15, 2016 21:05:
Super Chair
Scum
Juggernaut
A chair controller; direction is determined by leaning in the chair and the A, B, Start, and Select buttons are on hand grips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:toot:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also dear god that really is a terrible accessory.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yay. One down finally.

If only glowku had any posting to search to try to make connections with.

gently caress lurking scum. :(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I was thinking there had to be a juggernaut with all the town protective roles.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So the juggernaut helps explain/counter the amount of protection.

Any idea if Jugg would be able to break out of a jail on themselves?

Like, would they even bother RB'ing asiina in this scenario? If not, where did the RB go?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

So the juggernaut helps explain/counter the amount of protection.

Any idea if Jugg would be able to break out of a jail on themselves?

Like, would they even bother RB'ing asiina in this scenario? If not, where did the RB go?

I mean normally if I was going to mod a game no, but this does seem like an awful lot of town protective roles so maybe?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

I know if I was on the scum team I would have made whoever the blocker was block TQ last night and I am frankly shocked that didn't happen.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, if Jugg didn't need to worry about getting jailed, I would have the RB do AA or TQ.

I mean, AA would be a good choice cause it would make him look bad that he's never had an action to claim.

But at least some of the people claiming horrible actions right now must be town, so maybe scum just have people making bad decisions too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, do Tired's most recent posts seem like they are posted by someone else to other people? Or is that just me?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Did anyone claim to have been role blocked today? I'm guessing they did RB Asiina. Kash's PMs don't exactly give much info, they may have been thinking that Asiina's jail could block the juggernaut.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I am 100% convinced that TM is scum and should be our lynch tomorrow. I also don't particularly expect to live through the night.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

In terms of balance, I guess if it was 4 scum to start, and the others were like ninja, godfather and roleblocker that would probably balance things out.

Town getting the extra vote manipulation due to the slightly over scumm'd setup.

If so, the likely initial suspects for those other roles would still be Jedit and TM. And if game doesn't end after they both flipped scum, then have to look at like AA or Inf maybe, since neither of them has any kind of confirmed action yet.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

Did anyone claim to have been role blocked today? I'm guessing they did RB Asiina. Kash's PMs don't exactly give much info, they may have been thinking that Asiina's jail could block the juggernaut.

That's what I was thinking.

So, my guess is still that TM is the roleblocker.

Sorry for not being around, was driving. They still have a roleblocker and a conventional killer.

If they're smart, they'll roleblock me because I can kill them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

No. No claimed RB, that's why I was assuming it went to Asiina. I'm just not sure if they needed to RB her if their jugg couldn't be jailed.

That's not a question we can answer though.

At this point either she was RB'd by the scum RBer, or the scum RBer didn't act, or the scum RBer doesn't exist(this scenario is extremely unlikely).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
As for why I guarded infinitum, I didn't know they had a roleblocker. Unless BOTH infin and TM are scum, infin is actually a doc and reciprocal protection makes us immortal at night.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As for why I guarded infinitum, I didn't know they had a roleblocker. Unless BOTH infin and TM are scum, infin is actually a doc and reciprocal protection makes us immortal at night.

Uh, what?

You claimed action failed on N2. What do you think happened?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Uh, what?

You claimed action failed on N2. What do you think happened?

TQ was questioning my N2 rationale for guarding infinitum.

Just responding.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

In terms of tomorrow's cuddle, I was leaning Jedit.

They are both probably scum, but Jedit has the added bit of supposedly not even using his action when we were potentially at end game. It doesn't make sense.

But willing to wait and see what, if anything, night actions tonight bring to the table.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

TQ was questioning my N2 rationale for guarding infinitum.

Just responding.

Oh, pretty sure he was asking why you guarded Inf over Asiina last night. Not N2.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

But if you are talking about N2, you didn't know Inf was a doc then, right?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Oh, pretty sure he was asking why you guarded Inf over Asiina last night. Not N2.

Ohhh, right.

I thought infinitum would be their target because they'd want to break the protective loop.

Did we figure out how there was no kill given that Asiina jailed AA and glowku was the juggernaut? The juggernaut kill definitely should have gone through the jail if AA was the target.

The only thing I can think of is a redirector, but I thought we were all claimed and there's no way scum would redirect town to one of their kill targets, unless they're dumb as hell.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

But if you are talking about N2, you didn't know Inf was a doc then, right?

Yeah, I didn't. Just tired, forgot I guarded him twice.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Did we figure out how there was no kill given that Asiina jailed AA and glowku was the juggernaut? The juggernaut kill definitely should have gone through the jail if AA was the target.

The only thing I can think of is a redirector, but I thought we were all claimed and there's no way scum would redirect town to one of their kill targets, unless they're dumb as hell.

That's a really good point. The only reasons for lack of kill would be if Glowku wasn't the one doing the kill and AA/whoever Inf doc'd were the target, or AA was doing the kill. At least in a sane world.

There is another possibility. Scum lurking so bad they didn't submit the kill.

Kashuno posted:

I'm going to work now if your actions aren't in by the time I get there then sucks to suck I gave y'all the whole weekend

Kashuno posted:

No one died lol

I mean, it's hard to believe scum would be that lurky/incompetent, but. The possibility exists.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, do Tired's most recent posts seem like they are posted by someone else to other people? Or is that just me?

I don't see this, but I still agree that he's scum.

King Burgundy posted:

That's a really good point. The only reasons for lack of kill would be if Glowku wasn't the one doing the kill and AA/whoever Inf doc'd were the target, or AA was doing the kill. At least in a sane world.

I've run games where I wanted to give scum meaningful choices, gave them like a ninja and a juggernaut but only one nightkill. I'm not ruling that possibility out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Unless someone else wants to claim they are one of the actions Kash was still waiting for here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798046&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post466662403

Keep in mind night was from: Nov 18, 2016 10:54
To that post at: Nov 21, 2016 05:30

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well...if we lose after being thrown that bone (or even win) that sucks.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, someone else can maybe come forward and prove the submission thing one way or the other. It should be pretty memorable if you were the person that Kash was waiting to submit an action there. If so, then yeah it's possible they were using someone elses ninja kill that night.

But Glowku's own post lends slight weight to the theory that scum may have not submitted:

Mayor Glowku posted:

N2 I was part of the reason it took so long, had a super busy weekend and the fact that I've kinda been super not posty due to phone issues I also forgot about the game. In the end I swapped Asiina and Tobbs which ended in nothing.

Like, we know he was lying about swapping asiina/tobbs. But the best lies have a grain of truth. Maybe he was supposed to submit the kill and he didn't, thus the super long night and no kill.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well...if we lose after being thrown that bone (or even win) that sucks.

If the scum team is really Glowku/Tired/Jedit, then it serves them right for lurking and I will not feel at all bad about the victory.

If there are 4 of them, it narrows who the 4th could be based on attention to detail/lurking.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rereading Jedit, I still think he's likely the scum roleblocker.

He really wanted to discredit Asiina, his rival for any blocking claims.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

If the scum team is really Glowku/Tired/Jedit, then it serves them right for lurking and I will not feel at all bad about the victory.

If there are 4 of them, it narrows who the 4th could be based on attention to detail/lurking.

We have lots of powerful town flips.

I could see a juggernaut, ninja, roleblocker, and something else. I'd be surprised if there were less than 4.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We have lots of powerful town flips.

I could see a juggernaut, ninja, roleblocker, and something else. I'd be surprised if there were less than 4.

Yeah, unlimited juggernaut is pretty powerful and single handedly counters all the protection, so I can almost see a scum team of just that, roleblocker and godfather(roleblocker serving as extra backup for jugg in case of early cuddle and/or proactively stopping the investigation roles), but I can also see throwing in a ninja if TQ is really town tracker and AA is really town watcher.

But again, if there are 4, and they failed to submit the kill, that makes the likely targets for the 4th scum very narrow. Like my scum team would never in a million years forget to submit a night kill. I'm on that poo poo. I really doubt you or TQ or FL are on that scum team either.

And even with the powerful roles, if there are 5 scum in a 15 player setup, then gently caress this game regardless. :) In my mind it is 3 or 4 max.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well, if there were 5 then scum would have controlled 50% of the vote today so max 4 lol

Being scum takes a lot of effort. You can get away with less as town, but I expect scum to put in some work or nobody has a good game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well, if there were 5 then scum would have controlled 50% of the vote today so max 4 lol

Being scum takes a lot of effort. You can get away with less as town, but I expect scum to put in some work or nobody has a good game.

Game wouldn't have ended today though. Since you can kill scum at night. Like tonight they could have killed you and you could have killed them. And the following night inf could protect someone, as an example. So even with 5 scum, their victory was not yet assured if you and Inf are town.

I mean, I'll be super mad at Kash if this is a 5 scum game, I'm not treating it seriously, but just fyi.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Although probably in that scenario the 5th scum wouldn't have voted for Glowku. :) So probably safe to ignore it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
no deadline tomorrow because lol holiday

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Although probably in that scenario the 5th scum wouldn't have voted for Glowku. :) So probably safe to ignore it.

Yup!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Get your poo poo in by Friday at whatever time I see fit so don't risk it ;)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

First off, let me apologise for not being around much. These 24 hour deadlines are loving me raw - when I'm available to play the USAians are all at work, when they're around and talking I'm asleep, and when I'm at work I'm confined to my phone so I can't review properly. It's been affecting my play noticeably and I've not had much chance to interact.

King Burgundy posted:

Rereading Jedit, I still think he's likely the scum roleblocker.

He really wanted to discredit Asiina, his rival for any blocking claims.

Dude, think for a second.

1) If I wanted to discredit Asiina, flipping her as Town wasn't going to do it.

2) If I was the scum RB, why would I not just say I visited Asiina last night and was now a Jailer? It could be disproven, but it would take time and effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

King Burgundy posted:

Let the record show that I think this is Jedit hopping on what he knows is going to be the vote today early in hope of cred.

:) Going to post my thing now.

Let the record show that if I was hopping on what I knew was going to be the vote today, I hopped on it yesterday:

Jedit posted:

Glowku for sure, his claim is fake as hell. AA for thinking a good response to probable MYLO is to completely ignore said fake claim. I'm less sold on Asiina after that because AA has been on him all game, but KB is the only person I'm pretty sure can't be scum.

• Locked thread