Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

My source says sriracha mayo. I'm still working through the implications.

Chunky peanut butter, sriracha and swiss cheese.
Try it.

e: Again awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapMoron
Nov 20, 2000
Forum Veteran

The Titanic posted:

This is true.

She got more and more vicious/weird about protecting Bootcha from Sandi because... reasons.

Bootcha was making a final Goon de yada thing that I don't believe ever happened. I hope they are both happy though! Moving on from Star Citizen isn't a bad thing, and hockey is a fun sport (I've never played, but I've ice skated some)!

He actually released it during the Anniversary stream!

https://youtu.be/sSMIAHZEAU4

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hi. My name is Wolf Larsen, and I handle disputes around my projects with the age old high level strategy direction tactic of calling people who get fed up with my poo poo names. This method of direction means that future generations of content providers will do as I tell them in fear of me calling them "meanie poopy ploppyheads".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

It was posted like a dozen pages ago?
During Derekkoning, i believe.

Wow, I missed it. Of course I probably missed a lot during that time. The Dorito thing wasn't my cup of tea so I mostly scrolled past pages of junk. :shrug:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

HOW IS THIS REAL LIFE???!!!! I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND ANYMORE! HOLYFUCKBALLS! GET YOUR SHILLS ON THE SAME PAGE, CROBBLER, BEFORE THEY EAT EACH OTHER!!!

Ahem.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Wow, I missed it. Of course I probably missed a lot during that time. The Dorito thing wasn't my cup of tea so I mostly scrolled past pages of junk. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSMIAHZEAU4

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Question. Are the evil INN renegades now labelled by the CS staff as "High Maintenance Special Snowflake INN MUTINEERS"?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

orcinus posted:

Chunky peanut butter, sriracha and swiss cheese.

dude wtf

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Try it!
Then judge.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This has been one of my favorite "This is totally Impossible" things about Star Citizen. Aside from things like the impossible networking or impossible physics grids.

Backers are confident in the idea that 1000UEC = $1 and that their jpegs will only become more expensive / harder to get. If you read RSI / Reddit enough there are people throwing around timeframes like six months to a year to get a javelin. None of them look at it from a realistic standpoint though.

All MMO economies go through inflation, some a little some a lot. You typically combat this with money sinks. Large items that remove currency from circulation.

Mounts in WoW are a good example, when they came out and cost 5,000 gold and were a huge deal because there wasn't that much gold in circulation yet to justify 10,000,000+ players all being able to afford a mount. EVE Online has permanent ship/module loss to remove currency from circulation. In Star Citizen the moneysinks are the ships people would buy.

However, by selling $133,000,000 worth of assets before the economy even exists, at the backers expected exchange rate of 1000UEC that means CIG has eliminated the need for 133,000,000,000 UEC to be spent. So 133 Billion UEC will now be earned without having to be spent on anything and inject massive amounts of useless currency into the economy.

In the backers best case scenario where Star Citizen somehow comes out as promised your $750 Polaris would be worth $7.50 after a couple months. Your $3,000 javelin would be <$30. They have no plan for an economy much less a plan to deal with the hundreds of billions of their own currency they are printing as fast as they can. Currently during this sale they are removing the need for 600,000,000 more UEC to be spent every day.

Give a few hundred thousand people millions of UEC they would have normally spent already and that means your 100UEC space rocks are going to be 10,000UEC space rocks. UEC will be 10,000-100,000 per dollar easily.

The most specific version of their plan for the economy right now is:
  • It will work real good
  • There will be trading and bounties and stuff
  • We'll figure it out later

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Found it!

The original incarnation of CIG's rubbery Space Clarkson Top Gear spoof thing.
Complete with a laugh track, more insufferability and overwhelming fremdschamen for the poor people who had to make this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzAmjYncQk&t=2350s

Yet, somehow, still better than the new thing.

Watch it.
Laugh.
Cry.
Hang your head in proxy shame.
Jump through the nearest window.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Various Meat Products posted:

• It will work real good

So? the US citizens just elected as president a guy with exactly the same economic plan.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Various Meat Products posted:

• It will work real good

This checks out. I'm more convinced than ever.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I've got sources but alas I cannot name them so this is all on trust, but Star Citizen is on track and looking great, all issues now resolved and everything is on target, no problems.

I have my sources that are right but cannot reveal but I'm going to angrily carepost at that other guy that is pretending he has confidential information and demand he reveals his sources or gently caress off

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Is this real?

Lmao this is amazingly childish

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
My sources say the real reason for the delay is you must bring back derek smart to read this message and that's how he fell on top of the hooker with his pants down.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ayn Marx posted:

Lmao this is amazingly childish

it really is, it's awesome ha ha

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcinus posted:

Found it!

The original incarnation of CIG's rubbery Space Clarkson Top Gear spoof thing.
Complete with a laugh track, more insufferability and overwhelming fremdschamen for the poor people who had to make this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzAmjYncQk&t=2350s

Yet, somehow, still better than the new thing.

Watch it.
Laugh.
Cry.
Hang your head in proxy shame.
Jump through the nearest window.

God drat it's amazing how they managed to rip Top Gear off so completely and yet managed to gently caress up every bit of the humor, pacing, and style that makes Top Gear good.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

God drat it's amazing how they managed to rip Top Gear off so completely and yet managed to gently caress up every bit of the humor, pacing, and style that makes Top Gear good.

It's brilliant.
A true work of un-art.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

look at this butthurt special snowflake

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

This is true.

She got more and more vicious/weird about protecting Bootcha from Sandi because... reasons.

Bootcha was making a final Goon de yada thing that I don't believe ever happened. I hope they are both happy though! Moving on from Star Citizen isn't a bad thing, and hockey is a fun sport (I've never played, but I've ice skated some)!

Actually, they are pretty happy together. I know their non-goon identities and we keep in touch on The Book of Faces.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Now the INN is split, where will i read such titillating works as "Erris making coasters"?

quote:

Come watch an inordinately long video showcasing how Erris makes Drink Coasters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQFgbFA1u7o

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

more like imperial news network\who-we-were\

am i rite

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

This much angst and drama over something so insignificant is such a perfect example of all things SC.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Plus it's cheaper than a fake jpeg of a space ship

It's a real jpeg of a fake space ship :colbert:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Heard from an inside source that they have a calender that keeps track of Sandis monthly cycle.

Its basically just a piece of paper that says 2016 with a bloody handprint on it

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Glad to see he took the high road. :allears:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The Titanic posted:

This is true.

Yeah I don't think the idea that Derek silenced Bootcha is true at all. Here's three great juicy stories posted in Feb alone then :fuzzknot: gets probated mid-Feb and that's a wrap.

This concept that we would be getting earth shattering verifiable leaks without Derek devouring all the dirt is laughable. Nobody with real dirt is just going to post it in this bullshit thread for goon valour. Funny rumors and gossip is all we got because you have to be real loving stupid to go further than that just for attention from strangers.

I do agree that Derek was making this a Derek Smart show staring Derek Smart and that got old after a while, then was funny again, then annoying,, then funny and so on

Bootcha posted:

Post-hockey partial-alcohol musing time:

I got VoidSinger fired.

I'm not guessing many of you readers remember the old LTI laundering days. There was an incident involving a chat/forum volunteer moderator who was advertising she was doing LTI laundering in the RSI chatroll. Goons pointed me at it, seeing I was the big fish with the insider communication track (benphone.gif).

I looked at the evidence, considered the ramifications, and decided that a CIG mod, as lowly a position it was, was still a representative of CIG and should not conduct herself in this manner.

I wasn't very forgiving in my position, many before me had told her what she was doing was wrong, and she constantly made excuses for it. So I tracked her down to her home base forums, where she advertised the service, and confronted her. My position was that she had two options: To cease any further LTI laundering transactions as she was a CIG representative, or cease being a CIG representative. Her response was that she asked Sandi about it and she was cool with it, she had done nothing wrong and felt no need to stop LTI laundering.

Ben was sympathetic, he didn't like her either, but she was "friends" with Sandi so his objections were met with a brick wall.

So the solution was to go straight to Sandi. Long story short I stated my position on the matter. I didn't get a response. Shortly thereafter, VoidSinger was no longer a mod on CIG media.

I guess you can say it was the most productive interaction I had with Sandi. I have no idea what happened to Void after that. I wonder sometimes, but not for very long.

I think back on it, and consider my options at the time. It's a footnote, barely. And yet it was power projection on my part. Made me feel like I was doing something to make the product better. All things considered, I would have done the same again.

Deep down, I still want Star Citizen to succeed, it was something I was a part of, gave time and professional effort to it. I want to have fun reliving old GHSC antics of espionage, theft, and murder-for-hire.

But there's no excusing bad judgement and petty excuses, no matter if it's at the bottom of the company...

Or at the top.

Bootcha posted:

You have no idea how much I wish some of this stuff isn't true.

Spiteful belittling and vicious demeaning of media and CS staff in office. Abusive verbal behavior towards lower development team members. Petty grudges and scare tactics towards senior staff.

I don't care about the money questions, or the production questions. I leave those to Derek and other goons to question and probe.

I care about the treatment of employees. And what I've heard from past and present employees is disgusting, and has no place in this industry.

Yes, Sandi is the primary culprit in these grievances, but they also all make the point to say "Chris could have stopped this". By all accounts, CR has allowed Sandi to run roughshod over the whole organization with no accountability for her actions.

EDIT: I do not do my investigations to "find someone to pin to the wall" for shits'n'giggles. I do my investigations so I can find out what went wrong and why, and to determine responsibility for such actions.

Bootcha posted:

Elijah, man that takes me back...

Back when CIG Austin was in the house basement. So CR was in town, and took the whole team out to Perry's for the lunch pork special and a pep talk. Folks grouped up for car pools, and all except one were ready to go: Elijah. He was finishing up some art and wanted to get to a proper stopping point. I volunteered to stay behind, wait for him, and give him a ride to the lunch.

I didn't pay attention to what he was working on, I spent the time wandering around the office, looking at the white boards and the planning. The whiteboard in the art office was at the time littered with fungal dicks and a Swanson'ed version of Skelton stating "Dicks": Skelton was fond of saying "Dicks" a lot at the time. Anyway, Elijah finished up and we hopped into my pickup and drove downtown. We chatted a little, and he had a call from home. As far as I remember from my not-listening listening of the convo, his wife was expecting, don't remember how far along.

Elijah struck me as an angry artist. I could respect that, I too was an angry man at some point in my life. We talked about the office and how it was small and cramped, that as I understood it there were plans to move into a proper office. But it was mostly a quiet ride, I think he didn't understand I was an investor instead of a crazy backer. Or maybe he did. He got a ride back with someone else.

At some point after the Khartu concept art went live/public, and I *belive* around the Arena Commander launch, Elijah was fired, and having known the man I wondered why. From what I remember, CR sent out a company wide email thanking the programmers for crunching to make the launch of something big, which is why I think it was the Arena Commander launch. Elijah had reply'ed all angerly stating that Chris should also thank the artists for their work too during that time. All accounts stopped after that but I could surmise what happened, that Elijah and CR got into a public spat that gave Peterson little chance to protect/shield Elijah from dismissal.

The general consensus was that Elijah painted a target on his back. I don't disagree with that assessment, but looking back on it I wonder if it wasn't a symptom of something else going on.

Bootcha was gonna take us places we can only imagine then everybody ran off Fuzzknot just for saying WHAT EVERYONE WAS THINKING (would kill that bitch etc). Come back and dish some more dirt god dammit!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

From the Prowler Q&A

Will the Prowler be stealthy?

quote:

...We haven’t completely determined whether or not there will be literally zero difference between the “original” Prowler and the Esperia Prowler in performance due to these updates and adaptations; it’s entirely possible that present-day equipment standards result in some very slight differences or deviations in signature, durability, or other factors, but they’re as likely to work in your favor as not, all in very minor ways.

followed immediately by:

Why would someone buy this over a different troop carrier(lol)

quote:

The Prowler is built for stealth deployment and emergency extraction – if you’re going in quiet or coming out loud, the Prowler is an excellent choice...

Brilliant marketing, guys.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Please translate from CIGese, are Mutineers worse than or not as bad as Leavers

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:v:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Solarin posted:

Bootcha was gonna take us places we can only imagine then everybody ran off Fuzzknot just for saying WHAT EVERYONE WAS THINKING (would kill that bitch etc). Come back and dish some more dirt god dammit!
:same:

Fuzzknot wasn't bad. I think you all just flipped your collective poo poo because sexism. I wouldn't stick around either. Bootcha was fun but he's going to pick his SO over some dead gay comedy forum.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

How did my phone manage to double post?

Tane

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
TIME FOR FOODPOSTING IN HONOUR OF THE THANKSGIVING YOU 'MURRICANS ARE ABOOT TO HAVE. Have a weird-rear end dish that my family on my mom's side has been making for ages. It's meant as a dessert or side dish. We usually serve it along with the usual Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, stuffing, Green Beans, Broccoli, and so on, and actually tastes pretty good. Trust me.

Sweet Potato Pie / Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients:
Sweet Potatoes - Enough to cover the bottom of the dish you're using. In the images provided I used too few.
Bacon - One pack's usually enough, again this is a coverage thing more than a quantity.
The secret weird ingredient - Coverage amounts, for the dish I used I needed a pack and a half. Shh, don't be scared.

Wash, skin, and chop up the yams and chuck them in the dish.

Chuck those in the oven, at like 350 or whatever. Use your judgement. Keep an eye on them. Step two, chop bacon.

Chopped them into thirds. Fourths also works. Keep an eye on the potatoes, and when you start to be able to stick a fork in them most of the way, take out the dish and lay on the bacon. Feel free to trim some of the fat off, I'm just a lazy poo poo. Then, do this:

Back into the oven until...

Now, we're doing good so far. Y'know, we could probably stop here and it would be fine...wait, what's tha-

Oh no

I NEED AN ADULT

And you're done

I swear to god this is a real dish my actual family of not idiots and people who regularly cook their own perfectly respectable meals makes for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners every year.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

From the Prowler Q&A

quote:

If you’re going in quiet or coming out loud, the Happy Alaskan is an excellent choice...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Solomonic posted:

Please translate from CIGese, are Mutineers worse than or not as bad as Leavers

Mutineers are instigators from within. Leavers are instigators from outside.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Oh man instigators are the worst

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol sweet potato casserole is a super common holiday dish in America. I usually use mini marshmallows though because they're fun and also for hot chocolate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Sweet potatos are horrible.

• Locked thread