Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ManofManyAliases posted:

He said he was going to a federal building. I just helped him clarify which one. .

You're such a garbage person I keep expecting a bunch of muppets and child actors to come up and slap you on the stomach so they can talk to Oscar the Grouch.

I feel like he might not actually know how to properly remove their profiles from the page. I would like to think the man isn't that dumb but he was dumb enough to do that instead so eyyyyy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

Mostly all I remember up until her epic meltdown was that she played thread sheriff all the time and tried to change the subject when the thread got "weird" or "creepy" by posting crochet bullshit literally no one gave a gently caress about. Aside from the one billion "my boyfriend Bootcha" posts.

I don't think there was any deeper meaning and intent behind crochet and my boyfriend bullshit, tbh.
Just the stuff she'd post when she had nothing to post about (which was most of the time).
But since she was Bootcha's girlfriend, she felt pressure to post poo poo ("hey, look, these people know and respect me through my boyfriend, gotta post stuff and fit in"). In the beginning, at least, until the thermal runaway.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pretty sure that time was when the thread turned from a thread exclusively about laughing at cig and citizens into a thread about anything and everything, whether or not you have a problem with that is, of course, personal.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I feel like he might not actually know how to properly remove their profiles from the page. I would like to think the man isn't that dumb but he was dumb enough to do that instead so eyyyyy.

It's a loving wordpress site (http://imperialnews.network/wp-login.php).
If he can't figure out how to remove a part of a WP page, then lol.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I totally agree with Marching Powder on something.

He truly is the thread Sheriff we deserve.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

orcinus posted:

The options are "Utterly Incompetent" and "Utterly Petulant" he's not going to win a plaque worth putting on his wall.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Pilz posted:

Well poo poo. I'm not special. Maybe buying an Idris will make me feel better.

That wasn't ment as discouraging, I still think your family is weird for putting marshmallows in a side dish... but I won't hold it against you if you decide to spite-cook a second one now because cooking is good and also the dish would exist, unlike spessship jpegs.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

orcinus posted:

Sweet potatos are horrible.

:same:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Page tax: The Magic Rabbit, Ili Pika

Suspected to be less than 1,000 left.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pilz posted:

Well poo poo. I'm not special. Maybe buying an Idris will make me feel better.

If it makes you feel better I've eaten a lot of sweet potato casserole and I've never had any with bacon on it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheLastRoboKy posted:

You're such a garbage person I keep expecting a bunch of muppets and child actors to come up and slap you on the stomach so they can talk to Oscar the Grouch.
Morningwoodpecker please take note, this is how you formulate an insult.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Kakarot posted:

lol what

But yea...come back Bootcha!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkqoFI9ECc

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

I totally agree with Marching Powder on something.

He truly is the thread Sheriff we deserve.

Make Marching Powder a mod, but he can only use his powers on himself.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

orcinus posted:

lmao almost as if he's some retarded marketing shill with no technical skills using a pre-baked theme

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did they release the avocado already or is CIG keeping its dude working overtime to try and poo poo that one out?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
So what's the biggest SA thread of all time is it this one?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
There can be only one.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Amarcarts posted:

So what's the biggest SA thread of all time is it this one?

There is a 12,700 page ADTRW thread in the gas chamber. Followed by the Bernie 2016 thread which is still bigger than this one.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Fuzzknot's posting was:

MY BOYFRIEND
RECIPE
RECIPE
KNITTING PATTERN
MY BOYFRIEND

The thread is still pretty bad but I'm glad she stopped posting (like that)

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Well since it's basically holiday eve now I want to wish the thread a Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm most thankful for my two cats, Chris Roberts, and that I'm not MoMA.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Free Doctor Smart

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

I am going to keep this short; though I did consider writing a blog.

First of all, I have been around and an Internet Warlord for decades now. I know the drill. I've seen flamewars errupt and evolve from BBS teletype, to badly formatted Usenet postings, to articulate blogs.

I am well versed in the ways of online discourse.

I do not support, condone, nor engage in doxing.

Aside from the fact that the law is very clear on doxing.

Back in 2013, I wrote a primer on it in fact.

And there are additional resources on specifically this, what is legal, illegal etc. READ:

Doxxing: It’s Like Hacking, But Legal

The Problem With “Doxxing”

The Illegal Activity of “Doxing”: Revealing “documents or personal information” about a person, without their permission, with the intent to Threaten, Harass, Intimidate, Shame, Humiliate or Place at Risk

Basically, the doxing and stalking laws are

quote:

About doing things which endanger a person's safety or which encourage others to attack a person or their family

Pointing out someone's social media page, isn't doxing.

Pointing out that person A is really person B under an alias, isn't doxing.

Posting material that the person themselves made public, isn't, never was, and never will be, doxing.

If the above were doxing, every single person in the media would be guilty of having committed a crime.

What MoMa did here months ago, was doxing. And it's 100% legally actionable. He posted that I had a traffic citation. There was no context or reason for it to be here in a forum where we're making fun of grown men buying JPEG space ships. He posted it with malice, and with the intent to harass and harm. The only thing he didn't do, was post the actual citation itself; but anyone incited by his posting, could very well go seek it out for themselves. They never knew about it before he posted it.

I didn't dox Deloria (now banned). Though the post has been removed here, it is still on my website (post # 4905) for anyone who cares to go and read it for themselves.

All I did was out a scammer using material they themselves posted here (e.g. this post) and on social media.

Period. End of story.

There are NO rules on SA which prohibit what I did. Not a single one. Don't take my word for it though, here, go read all the rule pages

Then FAU, after emerging from what I can only imagine must have been a meltdown recovery process, switched from "doxing" to "helldumping". Which, to me - and anyone with a brain that's in working condition - was hilarious; seeing as the latter isn't even an SA rule. That aside from the fact that the very notion of "helldumping" is so far removed from "doxing", that in and of itself, is NOT a bannable offense. Probation? Yeah, maybe' it depends on the mod.

The fact of the matter is that since FAU tried to close down this forum - and failed; he's been gunning for me because not only did I have it brought back, but I was made mod. Heck, we just had yet another spat mere months ago over this same thing.

This sub-forum is moderated on a honor system. As a mod, I never had to take any action other than probating some people (4) when they cross the line. Once, after several probates, I probated someone for 30 days. I didn't perma-ban.

This sub-forum has never - ever - broken ANY of the SA rules. We encourage off-topic posts (recipes, memes etc) because it breaks from the monotony of making GBS threads on Star Citizen and Shitizens 24-7.

A LOT of people followed me to SA and paid 10 bux to be able read what I post, interact, find the lols etc. That too is a solid fact.

Yet, somehow, for some bullshit reason, FAU is of the opinion that I am not a "good" mod. The regulars here and I had a good laugh about that on on Discord, for the sheer hilarity of it. And when pressed, like the absentee landlord, he simply couldn't point out a SINGLE reason WHY he thinks I'm not a "good" mod. Not one.

Aside from the fact that I didn't even ask to be a loving mod. In much the same way that Beer4TheBeerGod and Beet Wagon didn't get asked either. He made them mods, then installed an IK buffoon who subsequently shat up my nice sub-forum, while attracting all the rear end-clowns from FYAD and elsewhere - and who otherwise didn't even know we existed here in our niche corner.

This is bullshit. What the gently caress is the matter with you people; that a forum with such HIGH TRAFFIC and quality posters who are otherwise behaving themselves and abiding by the rules, can't be left alone?!? The money is going into Lowtax's coffers, so what do you care, and why be salty about it?

Look, I am not a stranger to being banned. Heck, I was banned TWICE on FDev for breaking the rules. And in both cases, it was a matter of a "shady" areas in which 1) I was using asterisk to bypass the bad word filter 2) I posted material from here on SA

So, if I had somehow broken an SA rule, and been banned as a result, it won't have been any big deal. I would pay the 10 bux, re-reg, and get right back into the poo poo-posting.

As I am 100% certain (and I have high priced attorneys who ensure that I don't do/say stupid poo poo that will get me arrested or sued) that I hadn't broken an SA rule, let alone guilty of doxing, I refused to re-reg on principle alone. And I made that clear to everyone who asked.

As the regulars here on my Discord can attest to, I said that I wasn't coming back here unless the ban was reversed. Then a group (7 at last count) of people (one of them being a backer here on SA who I had saved money by helping him get a Star Citizen refund) offered to pay the 10 bux if I came back. I still refused. Then some made the case that as long as I wasn't the one paying the 10 bux, it won't break my principles and that I should consider it.

So I did.

And here I am.

Nevertheless, seeing as there is a mod actively holding a grudge and who I believe is going to keep finding ways to either get me probated, banned or who I believe wants to see the forum die, I won't be as prolific a poster as I used to be because this is bullshit.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 24, 2016

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Glad you have you back, Derek.

e: celebratory buns

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 24, 2016

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Holy gently caress I did it. I posted "Free Doctor Smart" and it worked!!!!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

hakimashou posted:

Holy gently caress I did it. I posted "Free Doctor Smart" and it worked!!!!

the prophecy has been fulfilled you are the chosen one

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
fuckin ell :lol:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Well, things were just about getting back to normal around here too.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

I am well 'versed

:smug:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
:eyepop:

Kephael
Apr 2, 2016

D_Smart posted:

See you in the 'verse, warlord.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

D1E posted:

Well, things were just about getting back to normal around here too.

gently caress off

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Welcome back, Derek! :glomp:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I sense the balance has returned to the farce.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
For he is the Kwisatz Doxxerach!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Was that the 100% guaranteed to get legal action blog? I didn't read it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah after you went into his legal history and dragged out some poo poo out about a traffic violation and tried to be all puppet master about it.

I imagine the only reason you're still here is because no one reported that either, so don't throw shade on someone for something you did.
He said he was going to a federal building. I just helped him clarify which one. .

No. That's not what happened. What happened was:

- out of the Blue in your usual attack spree, you pulled up a traffic light citation for one of my cars
- then I threatened to return the favor
- someone went and called FAU
- FAU then proceeded to close the thread because we were supposedly "doxing"

Shall I pull up and paste all the bookmarked posts?

You weren't banned.

When I was made mod, I still didn't ban you for all the positively bannable offenses - even when others said you were an annoying poo poo.

I'm gone for all of what, 4 days, and you're all talking tough. Well, by popular demand, I'm back, and you're still hosed.

ManofManyAliases posted:

They're pegging this week. Agent wasn't quite right that StarMarine is ready to go, but I'm not allowed to speak more than that.

That's pure and utter bollocks. It's nowhere near ready for external deployment, let alone Evocati.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

wb derek

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Actually by the standards that got derek banned by FAU, ManofManyAliases should also be banned considering he actually did dox derek

XK
Jul 9, 2001

D_Smart posted:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

I am going to keep this short; though I did consider writing a blog.

First of all, I have been around and an Internet Warlord for decades now. I know the drill. I've seen flamewars errupt and evolve from BBS teletype, to badly formatted Usenet postings, to articulate blogs.

I do not support, condone, nor engage in doxing.

Aside from the fact that the law is very clear on doxing.

Back in 2013, I wrote a primer on it in fact.

And there are additional resources on specifically this, what is legal, illegal etc. READ:

Doxxing: It’s Like Hacking, But Legal

The Problem With “Doxxing”

The Illegal Activity of “Doxing”: Revealing “documents or personal information” about a person, without their permission, with the intent to Threaten, Harass, Intimidate, Shame, Humiliate or Place at Risk

Basically, the doxing and stalking laws are

Pointing out someone's social media page, isn't doxing.

Pointing out that person A is really person B under an alias, isn't doxing.

Posting material that the person themselves made public, isn't, never was, and never will be, doxing.

If the above were doxing, every single person in the media would be guilty of having committed a crime.

What MoMa did here months ago, was doxing. And it's 100% legally actionable. He posted that I had a traffic citation. There was no context or reason for it to be here in a forum where we're making fun of grown men buying JPEG space ships. He posted it with malice, and with the intent to harass and harm. The only thing he didn't do, was post the actual citation itself; but anyone incited by his posting, could very well go seek it out for themselves. They never knew about it before he posted it.

I didn't dox Deloria (now banned). Though the post has been removed here, it is still on my website (post # 4905) for anyone who cares to go and read it for themselves.

All I did was out a scammer using material they themselves posted here (e.g. this post) and on social media.

Period. End of story.

There are NO rules on SA which prohibit what I did. Not a single one. Don't take my word for it though, here, go read all the rule pages

Then FAU, after emerging from what I can only imagine must have been a meltdown recovery process, switched from "doxing" to "helldumping". Which, to me - and anyone with a brain that's in working condition - was hilarious; seeing as the latter isn't even an SA rule. That aside from the fact that the very notion of "helldumping" is so far removed from "doxing", that in and of itself, is NOT a bannable offense. Probation? Yeah, maybe' it depends on the mod.

The fact of the matter is that since FAU tried to close down this forum - and failed; he's been gunning for me because not only did I have it brought back, but I was made mod. Heck, we just had yet another spat mere months ago over this same thing.

This sub-forum is moderated on a honor system. As a mod, I never had to take any action other than probating some people (4) when they cross the line. Once, after several probates, I probated someone for 30 days. I didn't perma-ban.

This sub-forum has never - ever - broken ANY of the SA rules. We encourage off-topic posts (recipes, memes etc) because it breaks from the monotony of making GBS threads on Star Citizen and Shitizens 24-7.

A LOT of people followed me to SA and paid 10 bux to be able read what I post, interact, find the lols etc. That too is a solid fact.

Yet, somehow, for some bullshit reason, FAU is of the opinion that I am not a "good" mod. The regulars here and I had a good laugh about that on on Discord, for the sheer hilarity of it. And when pressed, like the absentee landlord, he simply couldn't point out a SINGLE reason WHY he thinks I'm not a "good" mod. Not one.

Aside from the fact that I didn't even ask to be a loving mod. In much the same way that Beer4TheBeerGod and Beet Wagon didn't get asked either. He made them mods, then installed an IK buffoon who subsequently shat up my nice sub-forum, while attracting all the rear end-clowns from FYAD and elsewhere - and who otherwise didn't even know we existed here in our niche corner.

This is bullshit. What the gently caress is the matter with you people; that a forum with such HIGH TRAFFIC and quality posters who are otherwise behaving themselves and abiding by the rules, can't be left alone?!? The money is going into Lowtax's coffers, so what do you care, and why be salty about it?

Look, I am not a stranger to being banned. Heck, I was banned TWICE on FDev for breaking the rules. And in both cases, it was a matter of a "shady" areas in which 1) I was using asterisk to bypass the bad word filter 2) I posted material from here on SA

So, if I had somehow broken an SA rule, and been banned as a result, it won't have been any big deal. I would pay the 10 bux, re-reg, and get right back into the poo poo-posting.

As I am 100% certain (and I have high priced attorneys who ensure that I don't do/say stupid poo poo that will get me arrested or sued) that I hadn't broken an SA rule, let alone guilty of doxing, I refused to re-reg on principle alone. And I made that clear to everyone who asked.

As the regulars here on my Discord can attest to, I said that I wasn't coming back here unless the ban was reversed. Then a group (7 at last count) of people (one of them being a backer here on SA who I had saved money by helping him get a refund) offered to pay the 10 bux if I came back. I still refused. Then some made the case that as long as I wasn't the one paying the 10 bux, it won't break my principles and that I should consider it.

So I did.

And here I am.

Nevertheless, seeing as there is a mod actively holding a grudge and who I believe is going to keep finding ways to either get me probated, banned or who I believe wants to see the forum die, I won't be as prolific a poster as I used to be because this is bullshit.

Glad to see you back.

You should've handled the Deloria stuff in the mod forum. You really needed to chill on actionable stuff like that.

FAU has been try hard about currying thread favor, but it's obvious everyone has just been waiting for him to leave.

FAU ended up making the right decisions which I fully support; installing Beer and Beet, and rescinding the IK.I fully expect Beer and Beet to be great mods.

Your contributions will be just as great even without mod powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Welcome back
Space dreams were your ticket out...

Seriously though. Welcome back.

• Locked thread