Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

im going to jam chopsticks into all your eyeballs so you can't post any more

Why would you do that, when a grapefruit spoon would work so much better?? Why don't you just go into my utensil drawer and get out the grapefruit spoon I have, like I assume everyone else in the world can???

I'm done now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
stop arguing about chopsticks you thundering nerds

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tiggum posted:

Why would you use chopsticks instead of an egg flipper? Or even a fork? Anything with a flat surface to slide underneath the thing you're turning would be better than chopsticks.

Chopsticks are often squared to have four flat surfaces. Why use 1 surface when you can use 4 and some angles?

Tiggum posted:

I asked a question and someone answered it. How do you find out other people's opinions and reasons for things? :shrug:

You answered it. In the same post you posed the question. That's about as clear as rear end in a top hat rhetorical questions get.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Looking for the marine professor one where they do battle at the end?

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

im going to jam chopsticks into all your eyeballs so you can't post any more

Only if it improves the composition.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I asked a question and someone answered it. How do you find out other people's opinions and reasons for things? :shrug:

I hack into their Facebook. It's 2016 man.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

I am tilting my head back in ecstasy. When I open my eyes, they crackle with electric power. This post has made me stronger.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Looking for the marine professor one where they do battle at the end?

i dunno if this is the one you're thinking of

Some Internet Guy posted:

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, “God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes.” The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, “Here I am God. I’m still waiting.” It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and lifted up his arm to strike him.

At that moment the professor was transformed into a 7-foot grizzly, wreathed in a halo of holy fire. The bear spoke: "Blasphemer thou art, thou thinkst to take the place of God? Those who deny me face eternal fire, but you who knows my work and yet commits the sin of Satan I curse a hundred times over!" The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently picking at his boils. Then Richard Dawkins burst into the room, wielding a copy of The Selfish Gene and crying "Leave that boy alone, you pathetic atavism!" As the holy bear whirled around, terrible light flashing in its eyes, Dawkins shed his mortal form, raised each of his seven horned heads, and hissed. "It'ssss me you want!". And then the Lord and the Antichrist joined in the final battle.

The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

AtomD posted:

I found this picture of Italian food:

shameful excuse for a red checked tablecloth imo, three :italy: out of 10

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jeza posted:

you're making a really big deal of this he shouts at her over the thunderstorm, as they bury her brother in a makeshift grave

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think the more important question is why Tiggum thinks a spatula is called an "egg flipper".

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

There are, apparently, spatulas called egg flippers? Because they're small, and I assume because their edges are sharp enough to easily scrape off an egg? Maybe some people call small spatulas egg flippers, in the same way that a not-sharp knife is a butter knife?

Anyway, as far as chopsticks go, they're much better for picking up individual solid things. Shrimp is a perfect example. I would also add to the fire by saying that chopsticks are categorically better for long, thin noodles, whereas some kinds of rice dishes are better with a fork. And of course we all know the old bit about how Cheetos are best eaten with chopsticks.

Also, I'm not sure if adding chopsticks for plating is any more or less inherently weird than serving beer in a stein as opposed to a coffee mug, or if I were to serve red wine in a glass without a stem. The difference is more culturally-bound than not. If I were to plate spaghetti and meatballs with chopsticks, what would people say?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who the gently caress has ever served beer in a coffee mug and how can i make them stop

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

who the gently caress has ever served beer in a coffee mug and how can i make them stop

Alcoholics. Rehab.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Alcoholics. Rehab.

Why the hell would an alcoholic a)be serving to someone else and b)waste time in all steps beyond open bottle insert into anus

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Alaois posted:

Sure, but that's kinda my point, even? The difference between a stein and a mug is culturally-bound, but it's a real difference nonetheless. "Beer should not be served in a 'normal' mug" is no more or less arbitrary than "Italian noodles should be plated with a fork, whereas Chinese noodles should be plated with chopsticks".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chopsticks are bad for the environment.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

What everyone seems to be missing in this thread is that the guy embedded all of his pictures with this music. Very hosed up and wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl0dPQy6eUw

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If God wanted you to use chopsticks, or waste time on discussing them, he would have mentioned them in the Bible.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Sure, but that's kinda my point, even? The difference between a stein and a mug is culturally-bound, but it's a real difference nonetheless. "Beer should not be served in a 'normal' mug" is no more or less arbitrary than "Italian noodles should be plated with a fork, whereas Chinese noodles should be plated with chopsticks".

Serving beer in a coffee mug isn't a cultural thing it's a "this person has never even seen a beer before, let alone drank one" thing

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Alaois posted:

Serving beer in a coffee mug isn't a cultural thing it's a "this person has never even seen a beer before, let alone drank one" thing

To me it seems nice in a weird way. Like if it's some terrible beer that your just having with one of your mates before you go out. And you know the night out is going to be poo poo, and the moment when it's just you all together chatting poo poo and talking about anything is more fun.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Quote thread like that quote about the thermostat and true love, but instead of true love it's a deeply dysfunctional marriage that ends in murder-suicide and orphaned kids, and all the kids end up making the same mistakes as their dead parents.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Love; debilitating, all-consuming, mind-numbing love.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SplitSoul posted:

Quote thread like that quote about the thermostat and true love, but instead of true love it's a deeply dysfunctional marriage that ends in murder-suicide and orphaned kids, and all the kids end up making the same mistakes as their dead parents.

I bet those dumb kids don't even have a Gifts Closet. Idiots.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i want you all to be rendered down into soup

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i want you all to be rendered down into soup

Can't eat that with a chopstick.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Someone's getting a little hot and sour about things

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I once drank beer out of a coffee mug because all my glassware was in the dishwasher, and I didn't want to drink out of the big bottle.

I am history's greatest monster.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Alaois posted:

What about serving beer with ice cubes.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Palpek posted:

What about serving beer with ice cubes.

They do in Vietnam cause it is so hot.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

i drink beer out of coffee mugs when im home regularly because coffee mugs are real easy to clean and i can share big bottles with my fiance easily

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I vape my beer

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
What do you lunatics mean by "big bottle"?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

IUG posted:

My favorite thing about the quote thread is when people continue on the conversation from the quote, rather than clicking the link for the quote and talking about it there. (CLICK HERE TO DISCUSS THIS QUOTE)
Can I discuss the quote here, or should I click the link?

edited to add: In prudish countries like my homeland, where they have laws against walking around with open booze, beer in a travel mug is far less likely to attract unwanted attention than in a clear glass or an open bottle/can.

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 02:25 on Nov 25, 2016

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

how me a frog posted:

What do you lunatics mean by "big bottle"?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
:same:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Rough Lobster posted:

Trump ruins yet another thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvp-XMqnh-g

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I was about to posting something about vaping but then realised it isn't the unpopular opinion thread. Even though the content seems identical at the moment.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think the more important question is why Tiggum thinks a spatula is called an "egg flipper".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngn4hQVpy9A&t=1044s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

The Brew Dog guys actually did a thing where they went to San Francisco and made a beer that they served in vapor form so there's precedent for this actually