Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The hardhead I bought's not got floppy joints aside from one elbow. I also like his transformation and he holds poses like a champ. Also, giant asymmetrical shoulder cannons need to be more of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My Hardhead is awesome, he's absolutely my favorite deluxe so far.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

TheDK posted:

When I played with someone's hardhead at some con I can't recall (probably Toronto), it seemed pretty weak to me. Hollow bits, floppy joints, not as creative as others in the same size class from this line. What do you guys like about him specifically? And, were you hardhead fans before this release?

Also, speaking of cons, next year's TFCon will be in DC! :dance:

He's got an exo-suit mode!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

TheDK posted:

Wow that Scourge detail really makes a difference, nice work.

Thanks. The stock paint job just does not do justice to the headsculpt. I need to futz around with Hardhead some more, but he's most of the way there.

Captain Invictus posted:

The hardhead I bought's not got floppy joints aside from one elbow. I also like his transformation and he holds poses like a champ. Also, giant asymmetrical shoulder cannons need to be more of a thing.

Hardhead rules. He's my favorite of the one's I have so far. Lots of great details and poseable as hell. About as many hollow bits a many of the modern figures. And his hands with wrist swivels are amazing and should be on everybody else. I've often wondered why Has/Tak hasn't been doing them like that for a long time now. I did have to take floor wax to a few joints on mine.

And yeah, sure, there's nostalgia...

But that's just a bonus to me honestly.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
so from the Roberts part of the Revolution crossover and, well...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheDK posted:

Also, speaking of cons, next year's TFCon will be in DC! :dance:
How expensive is that city, anyway? It says the con is actually in Virginia but also in DC and uh god your nation's capital makes no sense to me

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Captain Blaargh posted:

Thanks. The stock paint job just does not do justice to the headsculpt. I need to futz around with Hardhead some more, but he's most of the way there.

Hardhead rules. He's my favorite of the one's I have so far. Lots of great details and poseable as hell. About as many hollow bits a many of the modern figures. And his hands with wrist swivels are amazing and should be on everybody else. I've often wondered why Has/Tak hasn't been doing them like that for a long time now. I did have to take floor wax to a few joints on mine.

And yeah, sure, there's nostalgia...

But that's just a bonus to me honestly.

I picked up both the Hasbro and Takara versions too. Use to have it as a kid but lost it in the move across the country. If they do a release of target masters I'm boned.

Edit: BTW its on sale on Amazon for :10bux: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers...s+Titans+Return

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

It's like that one scene from RoboJox withheld chainsaw...

(I love it, it's awesome!

Spiderdrake posted:

How expensive is that city, anyway? It says the con is actually in Virginia but also in DC and uh god your nation's capital makes no sense to me

The District of Columbia is a city, kind of like the Vatican in Italy, which is its own thing. It's right on the border of Maryland and Virginia, and composed of land donated by both states.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.

Mostly, it's so that one state doesn't get the capital, and therefore the title of "best state" or something like that...

I mean, nobody else was in the room where it happened.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 23, 2016

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I have yet to see a single TR Leader in store, and I need a Blaster or Soundwave (or sound blaster if they do a third paint)

So far I've not liked any of the Voyagers I've seen in person, dunno if that'll change.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Locally Wave 2 is just now becoming common. And Wave 1 Leaders are becoming uncommon as opposed to mythical. Sort of good with Walmart and Target dropping Deluxes to 10. Titan Masters are there and gone with even the first Wave hard to find and I am sort of shocked I found a Brawn at all. Wave 1 Voyagers are the only things that seem super easy to get though. TR seems to be a very good line for fans and stores.

Blaster and PM Prime are both legit though Prime needs some more paint apps to bring him closer to the JPN release with it's weird rear end feet that seem designed to be put in a Godbomber and never ever seen again. (Though our Prime isn't to the nonpaint level of Scourge and Blurr.)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I ended up getting an Astrotrain for my bday and he is pretty fun to play with. His transformations are pretty simple but sometimes that's all you need you know?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MY MP PRIMAL IS TWO HOURS AWAY BUT I WONT GET IT UNTIL FRIDAY THIS IS THE WORST.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Maybe not quite in line with the typical posts here, but I made a nice discovery in parent's attic recently - some of my old toys! Motormaster and limbs with part of box and single instruction panel (not shown)... slightly worn... think it's worth anything? /s I barely remember the other ones, and they're broken anyway, will probably vanish on the next proper clear-out. I bothered to find out which ones they were, at least.

I thought I had many more, but it turns out they were "Autotech" toys from years later (just combine, don't do anything individually). Amused that one set is also a trailer truck that combines with four cars. (Spoilered to protect this thread's integrity)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

uvar posted:

Maybe not quite in line with the typical posts here, but I made a nice discovery in parent's attic recently - some of my old toys! Motormaster and limbs with part of box and single instruction panel (not shown)... slightly worn... think it's worth anything? /s I barely remember the other ones, and they're broken anyway, will probably vanish on the next proper clear-out. I bothered to find out which ones they were, at least.

I thought I had many more, but it turns out they were "Autotech" toys from years later (just combine, don't do anything individually). Amused that one set is also a trailer truck that combines with four cars. (Spoilered to protect this thread's integrity)

Before CW dropped a completish Menasor and all the bits was a good $250 or so. I see them for $100 on the FB groups pretty frequently these days.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

I've completely given up on walmart and target for this line. It's like they aren't getting any stock whatsoever.

Wave 2 stuff is showing up here in Oklahoma, now. I've gotten Alpha Trion and Astrotrain from Target, at least. Saw em at Walmart, too. Just need that Soundwave. All other TR Leaders seem to go rather quickly, so I bet they've had him, and I just missed him.

I was surprised at how much I actually liked Alpha Trion, really. He's just neat. Astrotrain is just Sentinel Prime with a new head, and different colors, with slightly less paint apps. Which is very odd. Sentinel had his train wheels painted, at least.

Daaku Shinsei fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 24, 2016

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

uvar posted:

Man, take some pictures of those Autotech guys, there is next to no info on those that I saw from a quick google search.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
While nothing spectacular, HasbroToyShop's Ebay store has a few decent deals

$40 for Powermaster Prime
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer...sAAAOSwImRYCMUy

$35 for Tablet Soundwave
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Evolution-Soundwave-/222265389125?hash=item33c00cb045:g:V-UAAOSwPCVX7Ry3

$40 for Blaster
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer...E8AAOSwImRYCMSj

$135 for Fort Max
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer...5EAAOSw65FXtg3Y

More stuff might get discounted tonight and tomorrow.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

MY MP PRIMAL IS TWO HOURS AWAY BUT I WONT GET IT UNTIL FRIDAY THIS IS THE WORST.

Mines hidden in the house somewhere because my wife won't let me have it until my birthday :smith:

Gave me some bullshit about being patient and having to wait for presents?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now it's here in town!

So impatient for monkey time!

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Anora posted:

Man, take some pictures of those Autotech guys, there is next to no info on those that I saw from a quick google search.

Huh, I didn't bother looking them up at all so didn't realise, but you weren't kidding. Would be nice to finally have something decent on my website. Worth sharing them here? I haven't read that many pages of the thread, don't know if they'd be on topic.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

uvar posted:

That blueish one is Scourge.
http://www.tfu.info/1986/Decepticon/Scourge/scourge.htm

The green/pink one is the bottom half of a badass called Stalker.
http://www.tfu.info/1992/Decepticon/Stalker/stalker.htm

The red buggy is bizarrely enough a European exclusive called: Aquafend
http://www.tfu.info/1993/Autobot/Aquafend/aquafend.htm

Hey, would you mind posting more about those Autotech toys?

I've actually never heard of them before and now i'm super interested!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Transformed the five I just got. Verdicts:

Chromedome's transformation is clever and feels different from most carformers even if it isn't particularly, the cockpit works flawlessly and his car mode is a vast improvement over the original

Highbrow's vehicle mode is a tad derpy but good as a future helicopter thingy

Weirdwolf loving owns and dethrones Hardhead as my favorite of the lot, his transformation is fantastic and he is a perfect cybernetic beastformer, his gun looks awkward on his beastmode though

Brainstorm is great, a nice deluxe version compared to the voyager, but I don't like how literally over half his vehicle mode just comes off him entirely

Mindwipe is such utter garbage in beastmode that it literally ruins the toy for me, his robot mode is fine and the way his legs transform is marvelous, but the sheer shite that is his bat form completely ruins any goodwill I have towards the figure. If you plan to never transform him then fine, buy him, but if you want to fiddle with your transformers then never buy Titans Return Mindwipe. Holy poo poo, that bat mode might be the worst altmode in transformers history

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah the con is actually in Reston, which is maybe 30 or so minutes out from DC, as I understand it. So Reston is probably not as expensive generally speaking as being in the middle of DC, but I really have no idea.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Basically lines up with my feelings on them, yeah. I thought I wouldn't like Chromedome as much as I do. I do wish I could find some guns that give him the proper Chromedome look though, right now I have

and they're nearly perfect shapewise but not red. Blah! drat it Hasbro, give me a Chromedome gun. Damnsbro.

To be fair Sigma-L's bat mode isn't some great success either. Mindwipe is essentially a vampirebot that transforms into an animal best described as a flying hand towel. You'd have to get really un-G1 to make him cool, I think. Bats just aren't cool.

TheDK posted:

Yeah the con is actually in Reston, which is maybe 30 or so minutes out from DC, as I understand it. So Reston is probably not as expensive generally speaking as being in the middle of DC, but I really have no idea.
Well send Nate out there to scout around and report back!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Im selling of my non-MPs, any tips? A lot of them seem to not have much value, should I just sell them off in lots?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

catch22 posted:

Im selling of my non-MPs, any tips? A lot of them seem to not have much value, should I just sell them off in lots?

Could you please make a list here? I only collect CHUG, so I'd be curious to see what you have.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Could you please make a list here? I only collect CHUG, so I'd be curious to see what you have.

I can lay em out and take a pic when I get a chance...I think there's gonna be a lot of stuff and a written list will be too time consuming

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

Holy poo poo, that bat mode might be the worst altmode in transformers history
Let's not be crazy.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Knormal posted:

Let's not be crazy.

Beast Machines Silverbolt. A toy that is irredeemable poo poo in either mode. It's worse than that one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
MP Inferno is in at HLJ.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DoctorWhat posted:

Holy poo poo.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh yeah HLJ shipped my Inferno and Attack of the Clones Obi Wan!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

Hahahaha... It's not cheap by US standards. But I have no idea where you'd be coming from, and I had a friend from Toronto here earlier this year who didn't think it was bad at all so YMMV.

In any case, it's in the DC metropolitan area, but not actually in DC. Reston, VA is a good half hour drive from the city proper in moderate traffic. The good news is Metro recently expanded out there, so at least there's some public transit (though the hotel it's at is a good 1.6 miles away from the station).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The District of Columbia is a city, kind of like the Vatican in Italy, which is its own thing. It's right on the border of Maryland and Virginia, and composed of land donated by both states.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.

Mostly, it's so that one state doesn't get the capital, and therefore the title of "best state" or something like that...

I mean, nobody else was in the room where it happened.
None of modern DC was taken from Virginia and they're separated by a river (though technically DC's border extends to the Virginia side of the Potomac River). The portions Virginia gave us were ceded back in the mid-1800s and comprise modern-day Arlington County and portions of Alexandria City. In fact, if you want confusing look up how no counties in Virginia contain cities, so there's places like Fairfax where Fairfax County completely surrounds Fairfax City, but they are completely distinct. (Reston is a part of Fairfax County, for that matter.)

Anyway, sounds like I'll be going to TFCon next year. Cool.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I believe it will be Cheaper(TM) than Rosemont, Mississauga usually wins with a favorable exchange rate.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 25, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
No idea if this is a legit site or not but saw it on Slickdeals - Fortress Maximus for $90 -

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSB6118#.WDfBWLIrKUl

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Entertainment Earth are legit, they get a lot of Con exclusives and stuff like that.
(That don't sell that well and end up in toy shops across the planet, with the staff laughing at it saying "Entertainment Earth exclusive!)

Shame for me that they wanna charge $75 shipping on a $90 item just because I happen to live in the UK :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Medullah posted:

No idea if this is a legit site or not but saw it on Slickdeals - Fortress Maximus for $90 -

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSB6118#.WDfBWLIrKUl

yep, EE's real. naturally black friday rolls around when I'm most in need of cash, bah.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Although buying the US Fort Max is a crime when the Japanese one yells at you and plays the theme song.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I dunno man, if I wanted to pay to get yelled at, I'd go to a dominatrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You can't remove a dominatrix's head to reveal a smaller Dominatrix though.