Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked Sandow a whole lot back in the day :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NienNunb posted:

I liked Sandow a whole lot back in the day :(

It was funny. Like, the dude who does impressions gimmick is a sign of near career death, and that turned out to be the case here, but I liked his take on it. He'd be Damian Sandow, self-important and condescending dickhead, only wearing a cowboy hat and calling himself Townes van Zandtdow or some poo poo and that was the impression. No stupid voice or half assed attempt to copy their vocal idiosyncrasies, just Sandow in a hat sounding pissy and condescending before getting his butt kicked.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't he have like 900 gimmicks in FCW before being called up as Sandow? That should be a clue right there to just let him stick the gently caress to what he was doing that finally got over. Even in WWE, as soon as he did that "I'm not Mizdow anymore" promo he plummeted to the bottom.

To be completely fair, not only had he at that point been completely emasculated by the Miz, in that very same I'M MY OWN MAN promo he started doing the passive-aggressively-mimicking-you thing and within, like, two weeks he was Macho Mandow. I'm skeptical about how well a Firey Babyface Damien Sandow turn would've gone over, but it's not unfair to say he didn't get a chance.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

wearing a cowboy hat and calling himself Townes van Zandtdow

excellent

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
aron rex, aron rex, step right up and graron rex

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
how the gently caress is this company real

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

El Generico posted:

In wrestling you're supposed to base your character on yourself turned up to 11. Aron Rex is Aron Stevens turned down to a 2, and instead of that being a base to build something on, there's just nothing else.

Also worth remembering is his stint on Up Up Down Down, which happened during his latter days with WWE. While everyone was being themselves and made the show entertaining because of it, Sandow decided to be a terrible rapper and constantly chime in with his rhyming skills. It was unbearable.

It soured some people and removed some goodwill because if this is what Sandow was like without corporate breathing down his neck, maybe we didn't need to see him being himself.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

El Generico posted:

In wrestling you're supposed to base your character on yourself turned up to 11. Aron Rex is Aron Stevens turned down to a 2, and instead of that being a base to build something on, there's just nothing else.
In fairness to :aronrex:, even though :aronrex: is Aaron Stevens, normal man, turned to 2, he's also Aaron Stevens, anhedonic shell of a man, turned to 11

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

In these times each of us is an Aron Rex unto ourselves. We persist, dead-eyed and unpaid, in the morass of our misfortune and poor choices. How could we have known

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wow that's some real good poo poo you're signal boosting their pal :thumbsup:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I have a feeling that an American Badass gimmick might have been able to revive the Damien Sandow character.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The logical thing to do would be to go from the comic "snobby super genius" persona to a slightly more serious master manipulator gimmick. I thought for a long time that was what they had planned.

Instead he does whatever he's doing now. It's a shame.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I HAVE SOME TNA NEWS!

That "don't file a change of address so creditors can't find us" thing sure is working out well: http://www.sescoops.com/american-express-moves-for-judge-to-rule-against-tna-by-default-in-debt-case/

Also: See what TNA's last Amex bill looked like!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
TNA is an amazing company, holy poo poo.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
After reading that article I had to go check for myself, but yes, according to the Tennessee Secretary of State,

Impact Ventures, LLC

is headquartered here:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

grack posted:

After reading that article I had to go check for myself, but yes, according to the Tennessee Secretary of State,

Impact Ventures, LLC

is headquartered here:

Actually, that's the current & correct address of Impact Ventures, which is what the company goes by now. The debt was taken out by TNA Entertainment, which became inactive in June.

The principal office address was their old office address before they moved.

If Bix is still around, maybe he could tell us why TNA Entertainment LLC is different from Impact Ventures LLC & why they're both different from Aroluxe Media LLC, which took the assumed name of "TNA" in May, then cancelled it in August?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

"TNA Entertainment, LLC" and "Impact Ventures, LLC" are the same company, just with the name changed.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

grack posted:

"TNA Entertainment, LLC" and "Impact Ventures, LLC" are the same company, just with the name changed.

But usually when a company changes names, they keep the same business record, like the WWE for example.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

dsriggs posted:

business record

That would require them to have done business or make a record of anything.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Memento posted:

That would require them to have done business or make a record of anything.

I expected TNA to be competent. Haven't I learned anything? :eng99:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

dsriggs posted:

I expected TNA to be competent. Haven't I learned anything? :eng99:

This time for sure!

:negative::hf::aronrex:

Are there any reliable mirrors of the Taimapedia lolTNA page? Pity that thing went down, it was one of the funniest pages on the internet.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

dsriggs posted:

But usually when a company changes names, they keep the same business record, like the WWE for example.

Publicly and privately owned companies are subject to different requirements. You'll notice that WWE's detailed business history in Tennessee starts in early 2000 and their IPO was in October of 1999.

"TNA Entertainment, LLC" and "Impact Ventures, LLC" are essentially private holding companies created for the purposes of running the actual wrestling business by the Jarretts and then Dixie Carter. Same ownership, same business being conducted, just a different name. That also means they can't escape liability for all of their lawsuits with a name change.

grack fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 26, 2016

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

dsriggs posted:

Actually, that's the current & correct address of Impact Ventures, which is what the company goes by now. The debt was taken out by TNA Entertainment, which became inactive in June.

The principal office address was their old office address before they moved.

If Bix is still around, maybe he could tell us why TNA Entertainment LLC is different from Impact Ventures LLC & why they're both different from Aroluxe Media LLC, which took the assumed name of "TNA" in May, then cancelled it in August?
TNA Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Impact Ventures. So it's the same thing.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
For anyone keeping track the Broken Thanksgiving ice cream social was not a great success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVGqv1gV3_4

I love the cg lightning at the end.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Nobody posted the turkey gif, I'm disappointed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wait, does that mean the "TNA" brand name is no more? Because I'll take that victory.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't he have like 900 gimmicks in FCW before being called up as Sandow? That should be a clue right there to just let him stick the gently caress to what he was doing that finally got over. Even in WWE, as soon as he did that "I'm not Mizdow anymore" promo he plummeted to the bottom.

His military dictator gimmick in FCW was pretty cool.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/802283054588981248 https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/802283234964946945

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TeeHaitchGee/status/802374805609676800

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Nobody posted the turkey gif, I'm disappointed.

Other thread

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RIP TNA
https://twitter.com/AronsThoughts/status/802395089293090817

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RIP

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
RIP RIP RIP what it do

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
say it ain't so

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Global Force Wrestling actually exists?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Yet another tragic death in 2016.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Baron Corbyn posted:

Global Force Wrestling actually exists?

Yep, it's a T-shirt company.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Yet another tragic death in 2016.

RIP Fidel Castro you probably gave your citizens a better quality of life than a TNA midcarder gets.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i... i think that was meant as a more literal tweet than y'all are taking it as

https://twitter.com/AronsThoughts/status/802388963575021568

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
the ride never ends

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016