Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

please don't e-stalk me.

So basically you ask Jedit if he did nothing, but then he said he was blocked? Mmm, I understand how that can be super suspicious but I still know AA is scum. Jedit is definitely on the suspicious side but right now, I want to lynch the person who lied about me visiting the killed.

Comment on my roleblock stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I agree that we should kill the roleblocker but I'm not absolutely sure if Jedit is it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I haven't put much thought into it beyond "yeah that sounds good." I'd vote Jedit or TM today but I'm trying to work out whether I think AA is lying or not.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

I agree that we should kill the roleblocker but I'm not absolutely sure if Jedit is it.

Well look at my summation and make your call on who you think the likely roleblocker is. I'd love it if you point out something I'm missing that makes it not Jedit. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

I haven't put much thought into it beyond "yeah that sounds good." I'd vote Jedit or TM today but I'm trying to work out whether I think AA is lying or not.

I'm torn on that piece. I was going to let night actions tonight help with that. I definitely don't believe AA 100%, he just hasn't been that trustworthy this game. He's made poor choices/votes/scum calls throughout the game(In fairness did call Glowku's claim ridiculous like I did, but that could be a legit scum reaction to a horrible loving claim, hehe) and he doesn't have a proven action like most of us do(If you are town, this isn't meant to be an attack AA, just telling it like it is from my perspective, nothing personal). The one thing in his favor is that yes, TM is scummy as gently caress in this game. :) One thing not in his favor is the only time he picked a target that everyone agrees with for his watch was the time it mattered? And kash just so happened to send him bad results?

This scum team hasn't been good at planning things out, so I think if they went for this plan it wasn't intentional for AA to claim no results first. I think they figured out they were up against the wall and needed to do something bold if they were going to still win once they saw how the day was starting and they were all in doc together, so he took the risk and claimed that kash sent an action correction.

If we are voting Jedit, the roleblocker, there are lots of fun plans we can enact for night actions that should yield us good results for helping figure out the last scums.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Going to bed shortly. Don't do anything dumb while I'm asleep please. :)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I slept late today. Working on an effort post.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

First, let's get the obvious out of the way: TM has been caught visiting the NK victim after claiming a role with no targeted ability. He's scum. This is beyond debate.

So why is KB pushing to lynch me today?

This is KB saying we're at MYLO:

King Burgundy posted:

I'm sketched by this.

But let's talk everything out before voting anyone out today.

A reminder that there are 8 of us left. If there were 4 scum to start this game, there are 3 left. Meaning unless we vote out scum today, we lose if the roleblocker is still in the game since we would go down to 6 tomorrow with 3 scum left.

So looking specifically for the scum roleblocker:

If AA is on the up and up here, and Tired visited Inf and Inf died, then Tired is NOT the roleblocker, even if he's scum, since Tobbs was blocked last night.

And TQ saw Pig go nowhere and has a proven record of tracking people on nights people have been roleblocked, so it isn't TQ or Pig. I've masoned someone every night, so it isn't me. Tobbs was seen visiting Inf on a night someone was blocked if I'm not mistaken, rules him out too. Can't be AA since Tobbs was roleblocked on the same night that AA was in jail.

That leaves only FL/Jedit as possibilities for the roleblocks. For FL, that would just mean he's been lying to us this whole time and faked a claim about his role to protect a town Jimmy as scum. Doesn't make much sense. That leaves Jedit as the roleblocker and probably the correct choice.

I mean, I may be excessively paranoid here and it is just Jedit/TM left. But I feel like it's better to be safe then sorry. If AA is telling the truth, then TM is definitely not the roleblocker, so not as big a priority between the available scum. If AA is lying, then TM is definitely not the roleblocker also. :)

This is KB saying he wouldn't lynch a proven scum at MYLO, instead favouring a lynch on someone he thinks is scum:

King Burgundy posted:

AA. No. Even if I knew 100% for sure that you were telling the truth and was looking at TM's literal mod confirmed role PM saying he is scum, I would still vote Jedit today. He is a scum roleblocker. You said you believed me on that. If you believe there is a scum roleblocker and a scum whatever that made the kill last night, you go for the roleblocker every time.

If you believe we should be playing night action mafia, that ALSO favors voting Jedit right now. Because he is the only possibility for roleblocker.

This makes no logical sense. We know there's a scum "whatever" because we know who it is.

Here's another KB quote that I find interesting now:

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm not cleared in this game by any means. I'm obviously not the roleblocker or killer since my actions are confirmed. But that doesn't rule me out.

I'd say the one thing I have in my favor is how does my claimed role help the scum team against two town vote manipulators, a tracker, a watcher, a cop, a jailer, a bp, a vig, an elite bodyguard, a doc, etc?

I too have been thinking about this. If all claims are true then Town in this game is obscenely powerful. More than half of us have either a protective or investigative role, and on top of that we had multishots of vig, executioner and double vote. Against this the scum apparently have ... a roleblocker? That can't be right. The only way scum win that setup is if half the Town plays scummy and they rip themselves apart. Which nearly happened, admittedly, but still I think this game would already be over if they hadn't lucked into killing the Cop on N1. How does Mason Recruiter help scum avoid all that? Well, I assume the masons discuss where their night actions are going to go. KB recruits them, they plan what to do, then the scum plan on that basis.

The only problem I see with this as a theory is the lack of NK on turn 2. We know AA was jailed and KB protected because the Jailer and Doc told us and they're both dead - although Kash hasn't posted Infi's alignment I'm assuming he's Town because Tobbs didn't die too - and Asiina was already in the masonry as per KB's statement which neither Asiina or FL have refuted. That implies KB isn't scum, as if he was then AA was either the target or the killer and in either case the scum could have had Glowku make the kill instead of whoever did do it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Chucking this out now: I used my last shot on Tobbs last night. Infi was a more obvious NK target because Bodyguards can't self-protect, but I thought scum would go for Tobbs on the basis that Infi would surely be watched and a Doc self-protecting every night is effectively neutralised. Also if I was right I could have set a trap by claiming to have visited Infi instead.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I just re-read AA and realised I was wrong about there being zero debate as to TM being scum. AA claimed to be blocked two nights and received a null result on the third, so we have no prior confirmation that he's actually a Watcher and it's possible that he's lying about TM performing the NK. However, I also know that TM's claim is fake. So even if AA is lying it's much more likely that he's throwing a scumbro under the bus to gain cred rather than to throw suspicion on a Townie.

Withholding my vote until Kash can reset Votefinder, but I'm not voting anyone except TM today.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Jedit is the right dunk.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Chucking this out now: I used my last shot on Tobbs last night. Infi was a more obvious NK target because Bodyguards can't self-protect, but I thought scum would go for Tobbs on the basis that Infi would surely be watched and a Doc self-protecting every night is effectively neutralised. Also if I was right I could have set a trap by claiming to have visited Infi instead.

Did I miscount or did you still end up burning a shot on the night you were role blocked then?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jedit posted:

I just re-read AA and realised I was wrong about there being zero debate as to TM being scum. AA claimed to be blocked two nights and received a null result on the third, so we have no prior confirmation that he's actually a Watcher and it's possible that he's lying about TM performing the NK. However, I also know that TM's claim is fake. So even if AA is lying it's much more likely that he's throwing a scumbro under the bus to gain cred rather than to throw suspicion on a Townie.

Withholding my vote until Kash can reset Votefinder, but I'm not voting anyone except TM today.

Comment on my role blocker stuff.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I would rather go with what I feel is a more sure thing.

##vote TM

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Flying Leatherman, Infinitum, Jedit, King Burgundy, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote TM

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
AA is confirmed scum, and there's a chance of them being the roleblocker.

##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote AA

Confirmed how?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote AA

Also how could I be role blocker when I was jailed the night another player was blocked. Dumb scumb.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Is votefinder broken again or something?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

##vote TM

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Flying Leatherman posted:

Did I miscount or did you still end up burning a shot on the night you were role blocked then?

I got an "action failed" message. I'll PM Kash, but I'm pretty sure that means I took an action.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hey KB, who did you mason this time?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
And Jedit, can you full claim your role and what you've done with it again?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

I got an "action failed" message. I'll PM Kash, but I'm pretty sure that means I took an action.

Have you not been getting messages on the nights when you've not been roleblocked or are they different in some way?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote AA

Whether or not he's scum can be determined by night actions, but he is demonstrably not the roleblocker

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Whether or not he's scum can be determined by night actions, but he is demonstrably not the roleblocker

This should have read "future night actions"; I can't fathom how TM got to "confirmed scum".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Comment on my role blocker stuff.

I'm pretty sure you've missed a couple of things, but before I list them can someone please confirm that this list of night actions is correct:

WATCHER
N1 fail
N2 fail
N3 KB (null)
N4 Infinitum (TM)

TRACKER
N1 KB (to Asiina)
N2 Asiina (to AA)
N3 Tobbs (to Infi)
N4 Pig (null)

JAILER
N1 ANarc
N2 AA
N3 Glowku (not 100% confirmed, but KB and FL would both have to be lying)

ROLEBLOCKER CLAIMS
N1 AA
N2 Tobbs
N3 Jedit
N4 Tobbs

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Those look right to me, Jedit. I just went back and checked TQ and AA's posts, as well as Asiina's notes from the masonry.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I don't remember who got blocked N1, I remember it being something weird though.

Truth Quark posted:

And Jedit, can you full claim your role and what you've done with it again?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Have you not been getting messages on the nights when you've not been roleblocked or are they different in some way?

I just got "nothing happens", which was fairly obvious anyway since my targets didn't die.

TQ - my targets were N2 Tobbs, N3 Asiina (blocked) and N4 Tobbs again. Full claim:

Jedit posted:

OK, since we are apparently all agreed on claiming: I'm the Famicom Data Recorder, and I'm a Universal Backup. Three times I can pick a target and save their game; if they die, I lose that ability and gain theirs. I used a shot on Tobbs last night thinking the scum would want to kill the Bodyguard, but I didn't use it on N1.

I am painfully aware that this lines up twice with the RB and once with the NK, but if I wasn't picking targets that the scum were likely to eliminate I'd be doing it wrong.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

I just got "nothing happens", which was fairly obvious anyway since my targets didn't die.

TQ - my targets were N2 Tobbs, N3 Asiina (blocked) and N4 Tobbs again. Full claim:

I am painfully aware that this lines up twice with the RB and once with the NK, but if I wasn't picking targets that the scum were likely to eliminate I'd be doing it wrong.

Did you already answer why scum would want to roleblock the backup rather than a power role with a night action on N3?

Why did you say this instead of claiming your roleblock up front on N3:

King Burgundy posted:

Also, Jedit, did you do anything last night?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Your actions actually line up perfectly with the roleblocker if we believe Asiina was blocked N3 :shrug:

Then there's this:

Jedit posted:

Nope.

##vote Glowku

After KB asked if you "did anything last night." If you were town, why didn't you immediately say "No, I was roleblocked"? We'd been discussing who we thought was RB'd (we were leaning Asiina) so you could've easily cleared that up then and there. Instead you chose to wait, which is either A) You trying to "trap" someone (even though most actions were accounted for at that point, hence us leaning Asiina) or B) you scum slipped.

You aren't looking particularly towny to me Jedit.

My one concern, is that TM is clearly being bussed based on the fact that zero "confirmed" town players have jumped on the vote so far. I have a feeling scum have a reason for bussing him beyond him being scummy as gently caress, such as being a lynch bomb or something similar. It would make sense given the relative power of town this game to give scum a role like that.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
lol @ FL saying the exact thing I did.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

OK, thoughts on KB's RB stuff:

King Burgundy posted:

So looking specifically for the scum roleblocker:

If AA is on the up and up here, and Tired visited Inf and Inf died, then Tired is NOT the roleblocker, even if he's scum, since Tobbs was blocked last night.

And TQ saw Pig go nowhere and has a proven record of tracking people on nights people have been roleblocked, so it isn't TQ or Pig. I've masoned someone every night, so it isn't me. Tobbs was seen visiting Inf on a night someone was blocked if I'm not mistaken, rules him out too. Can't be AA since Tobbs was roleblocked on the same night that AA was in jail.

That leaves only FL/Jedit as possibilities for the roleblocks. For FL, that would just mean he's been lying to us this whole time and faked a claim about his role to protect a town Jimmy as scum. Doesn't make much sense. That leaves Jedit as the roleblocker and probably the correct choice.

I mean, I may be excessively paranoid here and it is just Jedit/TM left. But I feel like it's better to be safe then sorry. If AA is telling the truth, then TM is definitely not the roleblocker, so not as big a priority between the available scum. If AA is lying, then TM is definitely not the roleblocker also. :)

Things I think he overlooked:

1) TQ could be scum. Some of his results are confirmed subject to timestamp - I don't recall if he said he tracked Asiina to AA before or after she claimed it - but scum Tracker isn't out of the question anyway. In either case he could be lying about not having seen Pig go anywhere and Pig could thus be the RB.

2) Tobbs could be lying about having been blocked. This would allow AA to be the RB as it would mean the only night without an RB was the night he was jailed. However, I don't think this is particularly likely as that was also the night we had no kill. It would also probably mean he was lying about being a Bodyguard, but that begs the question of what he is given he can't be the RB.

3) I'm not seeing anything that would stop TM being the RB if AA lied about the watching result. He hasn't been observed or blocked on any previous night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sorry, but with a doctor, elite bodyguard, tracker, watcher, and jailer on the table, no way in hell am I believing that someone who has to guess the night kill is getting roleblocked.

Asiina makes more sense, especially since we suggested that jailing a juggernaut could prevent a NK.

##vote Jedit

We need to dunk the roleblocker.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I am with Tobbs on this one, I think Jedit is the correct lynch today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll vote jedit but feel like we might be getting ducked. Let the record show, I watched TM and he was the only person who visited Inf outside of myself and I believe TM is the correct Lynch.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

OK, thoughts on KB's RB stuff:

Things I think he overlooked:

1) TQ could be scum. Some of his results are confirmed subject to timestamp - I don't recall if he said he tracked Asiina to AA before or after she claimed it - but scum Tracker isn't out of the question anyway. In either case he could be lying about not having seen Pig go anywhere and Pig could thus be the RB.

2) Tobbs could be lying about having been blocked. This would allow AA to be the RB as it would mean the only night without an RB was the night he was jailed. However, I don't think this is particularly likely as that was also the night we had no kill. It would also probably mean he was lying about being a Bodyguard, but that begs the question of what he is given he can't be the RB.

3) I'm not seeing anything that would stop TM being the RB if AA lied about the watching result. He hasn't been observed or blocked on any previous night.

1) I believe we did in fact confirm TQ's role.

2) Only if you accept that, on N3, Tobbs visited Infi. This would mean that TQ and Tobbs were both scum and that there is a separate roleblocker, whicih is impossible.

Refraining from comment on 3, but as I mentioned in the doc, you're asking us to swallow an awful lot here to believe that you're not scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Did you already answer why scum would want to roleblock the backup rather than a power role with a night action on N3?

No, but the logic chain isn't complex - it was the reason I targeted Asiina myself. The scum needed to kill the protective roles. If Asiina jailed the RB while they were trying to block Tobbs and kill Infi they'd lose someone, so Asiina had to go first. Glowku was already a suspect so if I managed that they'd not be able to get around me easily, so I got blocked.

TQ: you are right, I was trying to trap someone into claiming they'd been blocked or into deliberately misreading me. The first half didn't work, the second half worked a bit too well. On average it was a successful play, though. :shrug:

• Locked thread